Please Nerf Serpent's Ire

> @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > I checked that calendar, but i'm not sure what time that is for me, i'm East Coast Australia and was looking at the server time but oddly it's not showing if it's am or pm on server clock, which is odd, as i was sure it used to show am or pm on the mini map clock.

> > >

> > > However, i feel i shouldn't have to go through all these hoops to complete an event in an open world. gw2 population is very healthy and this event like many others, should be completed on regular basis if it's tuned right, both in difficulty, fun and rewards, but it seems to me this event is not any of these so it's more of a niche event where only a few guilds do it b/c they can.

> > >

> > > So instead of fixing the event, Anet tied a collection to it to force people to do this event that hardly anyone wants to do. And to me that's a bad way of doing things.

> >

> > For east coast Australia that should be 9pm on Mondays and 12 noon on Sundays and Tuesday.

>

> tyvm for the info, i'll try to get it done that way. much appreciate your help.

Forgot to mention. Those are the time when the events start but I think they start setting up/explaining what to do around 15-30 minutes before.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > > I checked that calendar, but i'm not sure what time that is for me, i'm East Coast Australia and was looking at the server time but oddly it's not showing if it's am or pm on server clock, which is odd, as i was sure it used to show am or pm on the mini map clock.

> > > >

> > > > However, i feel i shouldn't have to go through all these hoops to complete an event in an open world. gw2 population is very healthy and this event like many others, should be completed on regular basis if it's tuned right, both in difficulty, fun and rewards, but it seems to me this event is not any of these so it's more of a niche event where only a few guilds do it b/c they can.

> > > >

> > > > So instead of fixing the event, Anet tied a collection to it to force people to do this event that hardly anyone wants to do. And to me that's a bad way of doing things.

> > >

> > > For east coast Australia that should be 9pm on Mondays and 12 noon on Sundays and Tuesday.

> >

> > tyvm for the info, i'll try to get it done that way. much appreciate your help.

>

> Forgot to mention. Those are the time when the events start but I think they start setting up/explaining what to do around 15-30 minutes before.

i forgot to ask, the days u mentioned are those my time or US? coz i was looking for them tonight at the times u mentioned (my monday night) and there was nobody there.

> @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > > > I checked that calendar, but i'm not sure what time that is for me, i'm East Coast Australia and was looking at the server time but oddly it's not showing if it's am or pm on server clock, which is odd, as i was sure it used to show am or pm on the mini map clock.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, i feel i shouldn't have to go through all these hoops to complete an event in an open world. gw2 population is very healthy and this event like many others, should be completed on regular basis if it's tuned right, both in difficulty, fun and rewards, but it seems to me this event is not any of these so it's more of a niche event where only a few guilds do it b/c they can.

> > > > >

> > > > > So instead of fixing the event, Anet tied a collection to it to force people to do this event that hardly anyone wants to do. And to me that's a bad way of doing things.

> > > >

> > > > For east coast Australia that should be 9pm on Mondays and 12 noon on Sundays and Tuesday.

> > >

> > > tyvm for the info, i'll try to get it done that way. much appreciate your help.

> >

> > Forgot to mention. Those are the time when the events start but I think they start setting up/explaining what to do around 15-30 minutes before.

>

> i forgot to ask, the days u mentioned are those my time or US? coz i was looking for them tonight at the times u mentioned (my monday night) and there was nobody there.

Those are for everything in the same timezone as Brisbane. So it should be your time.

![](https://i.imgur.com/dxdarRZ.png "")

Looking ahead on the calendar for that time slot it seems they only do it every other week.

I'm guessing the super rare mini that supposedly drops from this event isn't unique enough?(and no, that isn't sarcasm, it's a legit question, and I've personally only attempted it twice, not because of lackluster rewards[rewards aren't incentives for me to do an event, I do them because I find them fun]but because I just am not interested. As for the person that doesn't understand the event and thinks it's completely random and has no story behind it, if you really played the original GW and remember Vabbi then you should be able to figure it out the background on it with the area being branded on your own.

i read so many of these posts and i would say 7/10 want a nerf. and the 3/10 people are the lucky ones that joined a map that actualy completed it. i challenge all you 30% to DO IT AGAIN. and then come back here and tell us what the results are. i tried this event 3-4 times a day when mark y golem came out. got so frustrated i quit the game for a month. and i just tried it again today twice. and each and every time we get to the phase you have to stop the detonation. only once out of maybe 30 attempts have we even killed one of the zealots before detonation. the commanders where all explaining to CC and split up. good instructions. but to no avail. either A) people dont read whats being said. or B) they dont care and just want to smash things.

this is simply the dumbest meta event in the game. i would rather go attempt raids with brand new players wearing nothing but blues than do this event. because that honestly will be easier to complete. Even TT wasnt this hard when it first was released. yes, that was frustrating and had a massive amount of failures. but i would stake any amount of money the completion percentage for TT in its first 3 months is much much higher then the completion percentage of serpents ire even 6 months after its release.

my advice to ANet. take into consideration that you made this a PUBLIC meta.... something needs to be done. or do you guys not read any of these posts?

> @"sED.9342" said:

> i read so many of these posts and i would say 7/10 want a nerf. and the 3/10 people are the lucky ones that joined a map that actualy completed it. i challenge all you 30% to DO IT AGAIN. and then come back here and tell us what the results are. i tried this event 3-4 times a day when mark y golem came out. got so frustrated i quit the game for a month. and i just tried it again today twice. and each and every time we get to the phase you have to stop the detonation. only once out of maybe 30 attempts have we even killed one of the zealots before detonation. the commanders where all explaining to CC and split up. good instructions. but to no avail. either A) people dont read whats being said. or B) they dont care and just want to smash things.

>

> this is simply the dumbest meta event in the game. i would rather go attempt raids with brand new players wearing nothing but blues than do this event. because that honestly will be easier to complete. Even TT wasnt this hard when it first was released. yes, that was frustrating and had a massive amount of failures. but i would stake any amount of money the completion percentage for TT in its first 3 months is much much higher then the completion percentage of serpents ire even 6 months after its release.

>

> my advice to ANet. take into consideration that you made this a PUBLIC meta.... something needs to be done. or do you guys not read any of these posts?

TT has better rewards.

Many of us have done this numerous times. I think quite a large number completed it for the finery armor collection, again when Anet added the title, and for the most recent collection.

Just because it’s open world, does not mean that it has to be brain dead easy. It’s not asking much for people to simply use their CC.