"Fear Me'

TheBravery.9615

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> People comparing Fear Me to Bull's Charge as a baseline... >.>

>

> Bull's Charge is probably one of the single most overloaded utility skills in the game and is a staple on virtually every build in existence. It's Shadowstep-levels of good, if not better because the mobility on SStep isn't as amazing as it used to be due to powercreep.

>

> People seem to be missing the fact Fear Me is unblockable AoE CC which is effectively AoE Basilisk Venom on a decent duration that can be increased by gear to up to 6s with shout synergy which bears huge significance given the rune and trait support for shouts.

>

> The only reason the skill isn't used a ton is because of how boons/permastab is so common today and because of how a few utils are always occupied on the bar because warrior's design is beginning to fall apart because it's overly-dependent on a select few very overtuned utils.

>

> The skill's cooldown is absolutely appropriate for what it does. If we buffed every unused util we'd have all the passive movespeed signets having crazy busted actives, spirit skills making rangers literally unkillable in their radius, necros teleporting all over the place...

>

> Maybe look to what's making this skill not be utilized more than trying to force it to be made overbearing.

It doesn't synergize with warrior traits that benefit from disabling your foes such as dispelling force. As a primarily mele class you're forcing your foes to run away from you which we have enough trouble sometimes being kited, we don't need to spread our enemies out even more. It has a long cool down. It's not an AoE Basilisk Venom, that stuns your enemies. We won't compare it with bulls charge we'll compare it with spectral wall that necros have it adds an unblockable fear on a shorter CD and affect 10 people to our 5, and gives allies protection. IMO Fear Me is a pretty terrible skill for what it does.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > People comparing Fear Me to Bull's Charge as a baseline... >.>

> >

> > Bull's Charge is probably one of the single most overloaded utility skills in the game and is a staple on virtually every build in existence. It's Shadowstep-levels of good, if not better because the mobility on SStep isn't as amazing as it used to be due to powercreep.

> >

> > People seem to be missing the fact Fear Me is unblockable AoE CC which is effectively AoE Basilisk Venom on a decent duration that can be increased by gear to up to 6s with shout synergy which bears huge significance given the rune and trait support for shouts.

> >

> > The only reason the skill isn't used a ton is because of how boons/permastab is so common today and because of how a few utils are always occupied on the bar because warrior's design is beginning to fall apart because it's overly-dependent on a select few very overtuned utils.

> >

> > The skill's cooldown is absolutely appropriate for what it does. If we buffed every unused util we'd have all the passive movespeed signets having crazy busted actives, spirit skills making rangers literally unkillable in their radius, necros teleporting all over the place...

> >

> > Maybe look to what's making this skill not be utilized more than trying to force it to be made overbearing.

>

> It doesn't synergize with warrior traits that benefit from disabling your foes such as dispelling force. As a primarily mele class you're forcing your foes to run away from you which we have enough trouble sometimes being kited, we don't need to spread our enemies out even more. It has a long cool down. It's not an AoE Basilisk Venom, that stuns your enemies. We won't compare it with bulls charge we'll compare it with spectral wall that necros have it adds an unblockable fear on a shorter CD and affect 10 people to our 5, and gives allies protection. Fear Me is a pretty terrible skill for what it does.

You do realize that fear forces movespeed to the default non-swiftness in-combat value, making it impossible to be kited so long as you keep pressing w, right?

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > People comparing Fear Me to Bull's Charge as a baseline... >.>

> > >

> > > Bull's Charge is probably one of the single most overloaded utility skills in the game and is a staple on virtually every build in existence. It's Shadowstep-levels of good, if not better because the mobility on SStep isn't as amazing as it used to be due to powercreep.

> > >

> > > People seem to be missing the fact Fear Me is unblockable AoE CC which is effectively AoE Basilisk Venom on a decent duration that can be increased by gear to up to 6s with shout synergy which bears huge significance given the rune and trait support for shouts.

> > >

> > > The only reason the skill isn't used a ton is because of how boons/permastab is so common today and because of how a few utils are always occupied on the bar because warrior's design is beginning to fall apart because it's overly-dependent on a select few very overtuned utils.

> > >

> > > The skill's cooldown is absolutely appropriate for what it does. If we buffed every unused util we'd have all the passive movespeed signets having crazy busted actives, spirit skills making rangers literally unkillable in their radius, necros teleporting all over the place...

> > >

> > > Maybe look to what's making this skill not be utilized more than trying to force it to be made overbearing.

> >

> > It doesn't synergize with warrior traits that benefit from disabling your foes such as dispelling force. As a primarily mele class you're forcing your foes to run away from you which we have enough trouble sometimes being kited, we don't need to spread our enemies out even more. It has a long cool down. It's not an AoE Basilisk Venom, that stuns your enemies. We won't compare it with bulls charge we'll compare it with spectral wall that necros have it adds an unblockable fear on a shorter CD and affect 10 people to our 5, and gives allies protection. Fear Me is a pretty terrible skill for what it does.

>

> You do realize that fear forces movespeed to the default non-swiftness in-combat value, making it impossible to be kited so long as you keep pressing w, right?

The wiki says nothing about that, and I'd doubt that it would do that since Necro has a trait to chill with fear. Also you're sending multiple foes further away from you making you have to run further in multiple directions to catch them.

Fear Me! is a really outdated skill in this day and age of GW2. It used to be decent back then when stability was a scarce boon and not many auto stunbreaks existed. now a days 1 fear on a 48-60s CD is a really awful choice of utility in almost every situation. PVE as a breakbar damage dealer the only thing I can see it being okay is with a 100% condition duration build, 6s of fear, but other than that most of the time you're better off taking bull's charge or kick, for instant breakbar damage, instead of a DoT you have to wait over 3-6s for. WvW, zerg wise it's going to be straight up garbage because everything now a days has stability, resistance, or a auto stunbreak. Roaming side you're giving up a utility slot you could otherwise use for improving you survivability or just a straight up more effective utility.

What "Fear Me!" needs is a cut in cooldown (30s or 40s baseline), and or a new addition to its current effects like giving 15 stacks of vuln, weakness. and cripple to affected enemies.

Fear Me has the same problem that a lot of Warrior skills have when used against other players. Like Hammer 5. Or Kick.

They push enemies _away_ which is so disadvantageous for a melee class it is almost broken. Warriors need stuff that either bring you to the enemy (such as Bull’s Charge) or something like a Scorpion-esque “Git ova here!”-harpoon.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Fear Me has the same problem that a lot of Warrior skills have when used against other players. Like Hammer 5. Or Kick.

>

> They push enemies _away_ which is so disadvantageous for a melee class it is almost broken. Warriors need stuff that either bring you to the enemy (such as Bull’s Charge) or something like a Scorpion-esque “Git ova here!”-harpoon.

Hammer 5 is actually a Knockdown, I think you mean hammer 4, which is a knockback. I wouldn't say Hammer 4 is disadvantageous considering it locks those affected by it with a knockback animation, and you're not rooted in place like the old version of it was so you can easily chain skills. Kick on the other hand is bad against players because when it's used you're locked in the kick animation, making it a little harder to follow up to chain another skill, and if they happen to have stability or a auto stunbreak. you're making yourself vulnerable. . A pull would be nice, but I think we need more, or longer/improved soft CCs like cripple and immob if you want to stick to targets better.

> @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Fear Me has the same problem that a lot of Warrior skills have when used against other players. Like Hammer 5. Or Kick.

> >

> > They push enemies _away_ which is so disadvantageous for a melee class it is almost broken. Warriors need stuff that either bring you to the enemy (such as Bull’s Charge) or something like a Scorpion-esque “Git ova here!”-harpoon.

>

> Hammer 5 is actually a Knockdown, I think you mean hammer 4, which is a knockback. I wouldn't say Hammer 4 is disadvantageous considering it locks those affected by it with a knockback animation, and you're not rooted in place like the old version of it was so you can easily chain skills. Kick on the other hand is bad against players because when it's used you're locked in the kick animation, making it a little harder to follow up to chain another skill, and if they happen to have stability or a auto stunbreak. you're making yourself vulnerable. . A pull would be nice, but I think we need more, or longer/improved soft CCs like cripple and immob if you want to stick to targets better.

Indeed I meant Hammer 4. Shows you how little I use the damn thing (despite Hammer thematically being my favourite Hammer weapon, having made the Legendary and everything. I love the concept of the Warrior Hammer, I loathe the execution).

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Fear Me has the same problem that a lot of Warrior skills have when used against other players. Like Hammer 5. Or Kick.

> > >

> > > They push enemies _away_ which is so disadvantageous for a melee class it is almost broken. Warriors need stuff that either bring you to the enemy (such as Bull’s Charge) or something like a Scorpion-esque “Git ova here!”-harpoon.

> >

> > Hammer 5 is actually a Knockdown, I think you mean hammer 4, which is a knockback. I wouldn't say Hammer 4 is disadvantageous considering it locks those affected by it with a knockback animation, and you're not rooted in place like the old version of it was so you can easily chain skills. Kick on the other hand is bad against players because when it's used you're locked in the kick animation, making it a little harder to follow up to chain another skill, and if they happen to have stability or a auto stunbreak. you're making yourself vulnerable. . A pull would be nice, but I think we need more, or longer/improved soft CCs like cripple and immob if you want to stick to targets better.

>

> Indeed I meant Hammer 4. Shows you how little I use the kitten thing (despite Hammer thematically being my favourite Hammer weapon, having made the Legendary and everything. I love the concept of the Warrior Hammer, I loathe the execution).

I try to user hammer 4 to try to knock enemies back out of the stack in a zerg so they're easier to pick apart.