> > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Mesmer prolly running on the disenchanter meta.. But what was the defender running on? I mean he got hit with 19321 damage. You can't be hit by 19321 damage unless your running some kind of glassy build.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I was on Valkyrie Hammer Guardian.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's the crit condition build, right? https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Radiant_Hammer

> > > > > > > > you do know your counter is boon removal builds?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which is why I'm dodging the Disenchanters in order to keep prot / retal / fury / might up ;)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well if you keep at it, you'l build up your skill well anoth to actually well time everything like i do. I main a mesmer & mesmers for me is not a problem cuz i learned the hard way how to manage & time my dodges & defenses as well as my offenses. It's called skill playing. I bet in a couple of weeks you'l get to that level as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/WVBg00q.jpg "")

> > > > > Yes. One day, I may improve.

> > > >

> > > > & your complaining?

> > >

> > > Me being good at the game has nothing to do with Chronomancers being overpowered.

> >

> > Yes it does. You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build.

> No, I want Chrono nerfed because it counters **every build**. There isn't a single build that beats it 1v1.

>

So your saying i'm the only one in the community that can beat them in a 1v1 fight? That would be pretty pretentious of me...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Mesmer prolly running on the disenchanter meta.. But what was the defender running on? I mean he got hit with 19321 damage. You can't be hit by 19321 damage unless your running some kind of glassy build.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I was on Valkyrie Hammer Guardian.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That's the crit condition build, right? https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Radiant_Hammer

> > > > > > > > > you do know your counter is boon removal builds?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Which is why I'm dodging the Disenchanters in order to keep prot / retal / fury / might up ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well if you keep at it, you'l build up your skill well anoth to actually well time everything like i do. I main a mesmer & mesmers for me is not a problem cuz i learned the hard way how to manage & time my dodges & defenses as well as my offenses. It's called skill playing. I bet in a couple of weeks you'l get to that level as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/WVBg00q.jpg "")

> > > > > > Yes. One day, I may improve.

> > > > >

> > > > > & your complaining?

> > > >

> > > > Me being good at the game has nothing to do with Chronomancers being overpowered.

> > >

> > > Yes it does. You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build.

> > No, I want Chrono nerfed because it counters **every build**. There isn't a single build that beats it 1v1.

> >

>

> So your saying i'm the only one in the community that can beat them in a 1v1 fight? That would be pretty pretentious of me...

You're also playing Mesmer. Geez

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Mesmer prolly running on the disenchanter meta.. But what was the defender running on? I mean he got hit with 19321 damage. You can't be hit by 19321 damage unless your running some kind of glassy build.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I was on Valkyrie Hammer Guardian.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That's the crit condition build, right? https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Radiant_Hammer

> > > > > > > > > > you do know your counter is boon removal builds?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Which is why I'm dodging the Disenchanters in order to keep prot / retal / fury / might up ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well if you keep at it, you'l build up your skill well anoth to actually well time everything like i do. I main a mesmer & mesmers for me is not a problem cuz i learned the hard way how to manage & time my dodges & defenses as well as my offenses. It's called skill playing. I bet in a couple of weeks you'l get to that level as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/WVBg00q.jpg "")

> > > > > > > Yes. One day, I may improve.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > & your complaining?

> > > > >

> > > > > Me being good at the game has nothing to do with Chronomancers being overpowered.

> > > >

> > > > Yes it does. You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build.

> > > No, I want Chrono nerfed because it counters **every build**. There isn't a single build that beats it 1v1.

> > >

> >

> > So your saying i'm the only one in the community that can beat them in a 1v1 fight? That would be pretty pretentious of me...

>

> You're also playing Mesmer. Geez

Yes, but i meant on any other class other then mesmer. But you knew that..

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> I have no doubt that this is with a Paladin’s amulet as well. This build is doing more damage with 2 defensive trait lines and Paladin amulet than other builds with 2 offensive traitlines and Maurader.

Of course.. . Marauder ferocity is less effective on a condi boon build that strips boons such as this one. Paladin toughness & vitality is much better trade off. But keep in mind, Paladin is not the only amulet that works well on this build. killing it is easy!!! Need some play skill's tho.

I run a completely glass chrono build and I’ve never had anything hit remotely that hard. But I can’t say that I’ve ever been hit with that particular ability. Running zerker amulet here.

The taunt is obnoxious for sure but i guess core guard has a lot of cleave so it probably hits them without trying.

Idk what to say other than run away or try to kite and survive until they despawn. Lol

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> I run a completely glass chrono build and I’ve never had anything hit remotely that hard. But I can’t say that I’ve ever been hit with that particular ability. Running zerker amulet here.

>

> The taunt is obnoxious for sure but i guess core guard has a lot of cleave so it probably hits them without trying.

>

>

> Idk what to say other than run away or try to kite and survive until they despawn. Lol

>

I have screens of 10k+ defenders and 9k Disenchanters too if you want em ;)

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > I run a completely glass chrono build and I’ve never had anything hit remotely that hard. But I can’t say that I’ve ever been hit with that particular ability. Running zerker amulet here.

> >

> > The taunt is obnoxious for sure but i guess core guard has a lot of cleave so it probably hits them without trying.

> >

> >

> > Idk what to say other than run away or try to kite and survive until they despawn. Lol

> >

>

> I have screens of 10k+ defenders and 9k Disenchanters too if you want em ;)

No thx..we all know you just let yourself boonstripped & basically had no defense up witch explain why you got hit for 19k. It's no big math...

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > I have no doubt that this is with a Paladin’s amulet as well. This build is doing more damage with 2 defensive trait lines and Paladin amulet than other builds with 2 offensive traitlines and Maurader.

>

> Of course.. . Marauder ferocity is less effective on a condi boon build that strips boons such as this one. Paladin toughness & vitality is much better trade off. But keep in mind, Paladin is not the only amulet that works well on this build. killing it is easy!!! Need some play skill's tho.

Condi Boon Build? That does 13k power damage burst on a heavy? With 2 defensive traitlines and all defensive traits selected? Working as intended.

> > > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > > I have no doubt that this is with a Paladin’s amulet as well. This build is doing more damage with 2 defensive trait lines and Paladin amulet than other builds with 2 offensive traitlines and Maurader.

> >

> > Of course.. . Marauder ferocity is less effective on a condi boon build that strips boons such as this one. Paladin toughness & vitality is much better trade off. But keep in mind, Paladin is not the only amulet that works well on this build. killing it is easy!!! Need some play skill's tho.

>

> Condi Boon Build? That does 13k power damage burst on a heavy? With 2 defensive traitlines and all defensive traits selected? Working as intended.

If you let yourself Boonstrip & don't run away for a reset, you deserve to get hit with 13k damage & more. That's just bad playing like before patch when Most classes could tank it all. Ppl need to know when to run, you can't just sit there & not expect damage no more. If you stick around & expect your boons to carry you, you gonna get hit & you gonna die. Expect that!

So this comes from the "Disenchanter" Chronomancer build. A build that uses the Paladin amulet. A build described on MetaBattle as "A tanky PvP chronomancer build primarily made to 1v1." But this tanky build is doing stuff such as this:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Qzkpm7s.png "")

> Considering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive **BLOCKING ABILITY** "only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.

> This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

>

> If they all would've crit the damage would output would've been increased to 26876. In 1 skill, which is once again. **A BLOCK**

>

> @Arenanet still waiting for an update.

>

> Edit: I used my dodges to dodge the Defenders / Disenchanters so don't bother coming with kitten like "just dodge". Because in reality, you should not have to dodge a block.

And then of course Mesmer mains be like:

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build. You need to tweak your build instead of asking for a nerf. Cuz Chrono is way not overpowered. Your problem is you can't deal with a Boon removal build. Weird, i can with your build despite it counters my guardian as much as you. You just want it easy instead of looking for some special tweak that will help you out. I'm sorry i can't follow your reasoning & not going to agree with you cuz your build can't deal with it.

Now as a Power Reaper I don't have issues with these Chronomancers since I have unblockable AoE damage and enough pressure and cc to take down a bunker solo, but see I pay for that damage by being super squishy. It is never cool to put out high damage AND be tanky. Didn't we nerf Scrapper several times for stuff like this? And trying to deny a problem exists despite it being blatantly obvious in the community and insulting people that are simply discussing an issue is a horrible way to convince anyone that you are anything more than a biased Mesmer main just desperately trying to avoid nerfs.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > > > I have no doubt that this is with a Paladin’s amulet as well. This build is doing more damage with 2 defensive trait lines and Paladin amulet than other builds with 2 offensive traitlines and Maurader.

> > >

> > > Of course.. . Marauder ferocity is less effective on a condi boon build that strips boons such as this one. Paladin toughness & vitality is much better trade off. But keep in mind, Paladin is not the only amulet that works well on this build. killing it is easy!!! Need some play skill's tho.

> >

> > Condi Boon Build? That does 13k power damage burst on a heavy? With 2 defensive traitlines and all defensive traits selected? Working as intended.

>

> If you let yourself Boonstrip & don't run away for a reset, you deserve to get hit with 13k damage & more. That's just bad playing like before patch when Most classes could tank it all. Ppl need to know when to run, you can't just sit there & not expect damage no more. If you stick around & expect your boons to carry you, you gonna get hit & you gonna die. Expect that!

Only, I didn't let myself get boon-ripped. Where do you see the disenchanters in that picture? You're clueless.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > I have no doubt that this is with a Paladin’s amulet as well. This build is doing more damage with 2 defensive trait lines and Paladin amulet than other builds with 2 offensive traitlines and Maurader.

> > >

> > > Of course.. . Marauder ferocity is less effective on a condi boon build that strips boons such as this one. Paladin toughness & vitality is much better trade off. But keep in mind, Paladin is not the only amulet that works well on this build. killing it is easy!!! Need some play skill's tho.

> >

> > Condi Boon Build? That does 13k power damage burst on a heavy? With 2 defensive traitlines and all defensive traits selected? Working as intended.

>

> If you let yourself Boonstrip & don't run away for a reset, you deserve to get hit with 13k damage & more. That's just bad playing like before patch when Most classes could tank it all. Ppl need to know when to run, you can't just sit there & not expect damage no more. If you stick around & expect your boons to carry you, you gonna get hit & you gonna die. Expect that!

No. No tanky bruiser build should ever burst that much. No matter what stars need to align in order for it to happen.

Be honest with yourself here.

> @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> So this comes from the "Disenchanter" Chronomancer build. A build that uses the Paladin amulet. A build described on MetaBattle as "A tanky PvP chronomancer build primarily made to 1v1." But this tanky build is doing stuff such as this:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/Qzkpm7s.png "")

> > Considering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive **BLOCKING ABILITY** "only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.

> > This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

> >

> > If they all would've crit the damage would output would've been increased to 26876. In 1 skill, which is once again. **A BLOCK**

> >

> > @Arenanet still waiting for an update.

> >

> > Edit: I used my dodges to dodge the Defenders / Disenchanters so don't bother coming with kitten like "just dodge". Because in reality, you should not have to dodge a block.

>

> And then of course Mesmer mains be like:

> > You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build. You need to tweak your build instead of asking for a nerf. Cuz Chrono is way not overpowered. Your problem is you can't deal with a Boon removal build. Weird, i can with your build despite it counters my guardian as much as you. You just want it easy instead of looking for some special tweak that will help you out. I'm sorry i can't follow your reasoning & not going to agree with you cuz your build can't deal with it.

>

> Now as a Power Reaper I don't have issues with these Chronomancers since I have unblockable AoE damage and enough pressure and cc to take down a bunker solo, but see I pay for that damage by being super squishy. It is never cool to put out high damage AND be tanky. Didn't we nerf Scrapper several times for stuff like this? And trying to deny a problem exists despite it being blatantly obvious in the community and insulting people that are simply discussing an issue is a horrible way to convince anyone that you are anything more than a biased Mesmer main just desperately trying to avoid nerfs.

I get what your saying.. But understand, Mesmers already got nerfed.. Ridiculously nerfed. The fact is so did all the other classes. Mesmer trait Bountifull Disillusionment has not changed or been buffed. But now it synergize well & does give survivability to chrono just because the fact that other classes got some of there passives & immunities nerfed. Before patch it was useless to use it becuz of the tankyness passives gived. & you got it right on how to handle 1v1 mesmers. Lot's of pressure in return & lot's of cc's & know when to run away & reset. That chrono build is not that invulnerable but it will gank you if you sit arround & wait for it. Espacially if the player knows how to use it's boon strip & shatters.

> > > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > > > > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > > > > I have no doubt that this is with a Paladin’s amulet as well. This build is doing more damage with 2 defensive trait lines and Paladin amulet than other builds with 2 offensive traitlines and Maurader.

> > > >

> > > > Of course.. . Marauder ferocity is less effective on a condi boon build that strips boons such as this one. Paladin toughness & vitality is much better trade off. But keep in mind, Paladin is not the only amulet that works well on this build. killing it is easy!!! Need some play skill's tho.

> > >

> > > Condi Boon Build? That does 13k power damage burst on a heavy? With 2 defensive traitlines and all defensive traits selected? Working as intended.

> >

> > If you let yourself Boonstrip & don't run away for a reset, you deserve to get hit with 13k damage & more. That's just bad playing like before patch when Most classes could tank it all. Ppl need to know when to run, you can't just sit there & not expect damage no more. If you stick around & expect your boons to carry you, you gonna get hit & you gonna die. Expect that!

>

> No. No tanky bruiser build should ever burst that much. No matter what stars need to align in order for it to happen.

>

> Be honest with yourself here.

I am honest... It's not more tanky or damaging then before.. still the same. The thing is that all classes that lost there immunities & passives that made it easy for them to win has been removed. Them old tricks that kept you alive with them boons don't work as well no more. Espacially vs a class that can remove your boons if you let it. When that happen's, you get hit for more damage like almost if you had no armor. You need to tweak your build around that. See how you fare after. You'l be surprised how easy you'l kill that chrono. Stop playing that meta & build on it instead.

The mental gymnastics to defend the broken class is just unbelieavable... lol

Its amazing how far people go to defend their cheese. A defensive skill hiting 10k+ is just beyond stupid, people tried to warn anet before the patch release about mesmers dominance but did they listen?

It does hit far too hard for a defensive skill (yet another thing that would be fixed if phantasm were removed and it was a normal skill leaving behind a clone) and that should be addressed.

However, this requires you to look at what the problem is.

Is it a problem if the phantasm wasn’t resummoned after the attack so it gets 2 hits at you? Nope that would be a big burden gone.

Would it be an issue if they didn’t have a signet to instantly refresh it? Nope because 30s CD on the block is one of the highest cool down blocks in the game.

So Mortralis has a point. If you removed these 2 from the build it wouldn’t be anywhere near the problem it is. Better yet remove phantasms and let mesmers benefit from damage mods on all their skills not just certain skills that happen to summon an AI.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > I run a completely glass chrono build and I’ve never had anything hit remotely that hard. But I can’t say that I’ve ever been hit with that particular ability. Running zerker amulet here.

> > >

> > > The taunt is obnoxious for sure but i guess core guard has a lot of cleave so it probably hits them without trying.

> > >

> > >

> > > Idk what to say other than run away or try to kite and survive until they despawn. Lol

> > >

> >

> > I have screens of 10k+ defenders and 9k Disenchanters too if you want em ;)

>

> No thx..we all know you just let yourself boonstripped & basically had no defense up witch explain why you got hit for 19k. It's no big math...

I got downed in a match the other day but managed to down them and finish them completely from down state 3.

It was pretty hilarious. I mean they weren’t really paying attention anyway but that hits harder than most of the other phantasms. Disenchanted hits for a lot but that’s only if they don’t have booms so you’re better off saving that for when a scourge is around.

All in all though, core guards, warriors, holos and good pistol pistol deadeyes.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> This whole argument sounds like the age old, I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine.

Everyone is complaining about mesmers lately but I think that’s because people just don’t know how to fight them. I’ve only seen maybe two chrono builds that were ridiculous and one was purely bunker.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> It does hit far too hard for a defensive skill (yet another thing that would be fixed if phantasm were removed and it was a normal skill leaving behind a clone) and that should be addressed.

>

> However, this requires you to look at what the problem is.

>

> Is it a problem if the phantasm wasn’t resummoned after the attack so it gets 2 hits at you? Nope that would be a big burden gone.

> Would it be an issue if they didn’t have a signet to instantly refresh it? Nope because 30s CD on the block is one of the highest cool down blocks in the game.

>

> So Mortralis has a point. If you removed these 2 from the build it wouldn’t be anywhere near the problem it is. Better yet remove phantasms and let mesmers benefit from damage mods on all their skills not just certain skills that happen to summon an AI.

I genuinly think that this skill wouldn't be a problem if Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether didn't exist. If you were guaruneteed to only have to worry about 1 of them if you play well and avoid hitting the block, or at most two if you did hit the block it would be a much for fun skill to play around again. They're well telegraphed and have a wind up and can be completely prevented from summoning. Like fullcounter, if you accidentally trigger the block you still have a forgiveness window where you can dodge. It's like dodging Holosmith's Prime Light Beam. It's great and I think this is the type of skill we want to see more of, not instant cast garbage like Jaunt. The problem is that with Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether players have to potentially deal with eight of the fucking things and that is insanity.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > >

> >

>

Yes. If you don’t avoid an attack of a set&forget by the mesmer that summons an AI to do the attack for you (meaning the enemy has to focus on both), that strips 5 boons then resummons itself and tries to strip it again or hit for 12k if it hit the first time. And the phantasm has quickness btw.

This is only 1 phantasm. Chrono has more than 1 out at a time.

This is not even the only broken thing about them either. Did I mention 10 perma boons yet?

So yes your advice is good. Just run away, cuz you won’t win a duel against a class this balanced unless the mesmer is trash tier.

Stop try to justify this just cause you want to keep getting carried by class.

I play this build for 2hours and already winning 1v2s, some 1v3s and every 1v1 that isn’t scourge (cause I ran a non cleanse variant).