Account suspension discussion [merged]

I hate to say it, and while I really hate to see anyone leave the game, as, to be honest, this is a really fun to play for what it is, and I am a strong believer in trying to include people and build community. As such, it's hard to see a population dwindle for any reason at all, but truth is, cheaters are not good for the game. They don't bring anything positive to the game, and the reality is, no matter how much people parrot their lines, no one believes the lies that are being said by the cheaters that there was a bunch of false positives, or that their programs were running for benign purposes.

I get it, it sucks to get caught, it sucks to get banned, but, everyone knew what they were doing, and there is a good chance they had been doing it for quite some time, and even have gone so far as to fuss they can get away with it in other games, so it shows their apathy and ambivalence to cheating in a game.

Anet does not want cheaters here, so, everyone has a choice going forward, either turn the programs off when you play, or find another game.

I don't think anyone really believes that all the people crying about being banned are innocent victims of the _evil game company_.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> So it's gone from...

> "I wasn't running a single other thing other than GW2 and I got banned!!!!"

> to

> "I was only running TACO and Yolomouse!!! OMG ANET IS BANNING FOR TACO!!!!!"

> then to

> "Sure I was running Reshade and Mount Radial as well, but that's all!!!!! kitten ANET IS BANNING FOR RESHADE!!!!!!"

> and then

> "It's not fair, Anet has no idea what was running, this is a false positive!!!!!"

> and now Anet releases the names of the hacks running and the rhetoric becomes

> "Yeah but I wasn't actually using them, they were there for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES!!!!!!"

>

> To those saying this garbage, just give us a break.

> Seriously, Anet just needs to terminate forum posting privileges for these people at this point. Their complaints and claims are completely without value. They are not fans of the game. Their words have zero integrity and they add nothing to this discussion.

Top it off with "Oh my God. ANet has no right to look at my stuff! They so evil!" And you pretty much nailed the history of this thread.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > >

> > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > >

> > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> >

> > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

>

> Your continual disdain of ANET in this matter and your vehement support for those banned is beginning to make me think your are in some way affected by this otherwise why do you keep making these baseless remarks.. provide some proof of what was done and what was not done by those affected, prove what anet has or has not done breaks any kind of law and then we can all rejoice and praise joko!

>

> ANET has already come out and said they will be lifting the ban on a small number of accounts.. but those accounts have already been caught in a botting or hacking incident previously so something has triggered a flag on them again.. but they have been let off this time.. feel good for them.

Your assumptions are wrong then. You can see me in game this afternoon if you need confirmation. I'm not defending rightfully banned. I'm defending myself as a customers from future possible mistakes from Anet's "careful investigations".

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> > > >

> > > > Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

> > > >

> > > > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> > > >

> > > > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> > > >

> > > > ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

> > >

> > > I openly welcome ANET to check my game logs, my running processes all they want.. after all I accepted their ToS before I logged in the very first time and ever since. I don't see the point in buying a product, putting 10k+ hours into it, spending a heck of a lot of addition RL coin to support it and then risk it all to try and hack and cheat..i get my fun fix from actually playing the game the way it is intended.. but do keep trying to skirt round the real issue.. the game is rife with hackers and cheats.. I say ANET needs to do a heck of a lot more of it..

> > >

> > > Fact - you got banned, your the bad guy sorry to break that to you, at least until ANET says otherwise. So maybe try using one of those pre-rehearsed excuses the hack devs are now pushing out to its community and you might get lucky, but hopefully ANET are already wised up to it.

> >

> > So you want ANET to look at each account individually and check in game logs just like i do. The point here is that they didn't do that and they have no evidence people were cheating.

>

> Your being too naïve.. dig around and you will have your eyes opened. Add to that you think ANET are going to tell you everything about what/how they made their decidions... I would bet there is a lot more in their detection system than just guesswork after looking into someone's running processes.. detailing it all will only serve to help the hackers in the cat and mouse game.. so yeah they kept it vague on purpose imo.

>

> At first those players were saying.. oooh its not fair I only use Arcdps or Taco or reshade, its supposed to be ok.. not fair

> ANET list real stuff they looked for and ding.. all of a sudden those same players are protesting its not fair I only had cheat engine running in background I never used it to cheat, my friend is too incompetent to even use it, just downloaded it cos the tooth fairy and google made me do it I swear..

> Funnily enough all these very similar excuses began to appear around the same time the hack sites were starting to push out pre rehearsed excuses for their communities to use as an appeal basis.

> Sorry I am with ANET on this, they used the tools that gave them insight to what players were running with gw2, which all signed up to allowing and those players got snagged.. lesson learned.. wanna cheat enjoy while it lasts.

Even though you don't want to admit it you agreed with me anyway

> I openly welcome ANET to check my game logs

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > >

> > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > >

> > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > >

> > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> >

> > Your continual disdain of ANET in this matter and your vehement support for those banned is beginning to make me think your are in some way affected by this otherwise why do you keep making these baseless remarks.. provide some proof of what was done and what was not done by those affected, prove what anet has or has not done breaks any kind of law and then we can all rejoice and praise joko!

> >

> > ANET has already come out and said they will be lifting the ban on a small number of accounts.. but those accounts have already been caught in a botting or hacking incident previously so something has triggered a flag on them again.. but they have been let off this time.. feel good for them.

>

> Your assumptions are wrong then. You can see me in game this afternoon if you need confirmation. I'm not defending rightfully banned. I'm defending myself as a customers from future possible mistakes from Anet's "careful investigations".

If you don't violate the EULA, you don't have to defend yourself from future possible mistakes. The risk is on the player.

> @"Scrivs.4501" said:

> > @"eoz.1834" said:

> > I'm thinking to sue Arenanet because I didn't accept or allow them to spy my files or collect my information

>

> You accepted their user agreement because you wanted to play their game, so yes you did. Good luck in court.

End User License Agreements are technically illegal and unenforceable to begin with. Especially so if they contain unreasonable terms for using their application, such as what can and cannot be allowed to be installed on your computer - keep in mind that the analysis of the spyware used showed that even if you have generic hacking tools installed that's not being used for GW2, Anet still apparently count that as hacking GW2.

But it would be rather funny if someone did sue them, yes lol.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > >

> > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > >

> > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> >

> > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

>

> Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

>

> You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

>

> I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

>

> ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

> @"Anthony.7630" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Anthony.7630" said:

> > > Pretty sure terms of services are legel bindings that you agree to in order to gain access to the game. Most EU people are not as understanding of law and that's fine. EU law protects the consumer which is pretty nice.

> > >

> > > But Legal bindings must be upheld by both parties and if you clicked accept before you chose a server on EU - you gave them the right to monitored your actions while you play guild wars 2.

> >

> > So, you're saying that a contract between two parties that violates the law is legally binding? Sounds...questionable.

>

> what violation are you talking about ? it's like bartering or trading magic cards. Anet agrees to let you have access to their servers and chat channels - in exchange - you must let them scan your computer and also can kick you out of their servers and chat channels for reasons..or no reason at all. Once you both agree the deal is made.

>

> You are free to break free from the deal at any time. Just uninstall guild wars 2 and never come back to the forums (delate all your accounts and chat forum avatars)

We're talking in circles. I never said anybody violated any laws. I'm saying that _if_ a contract violates the law, that part of the contract cannot be legally binding regardless of whether the other party agreed to the terms and conditions.

Why am I even bothering to bring this up? Again, talking in circles. I was responding to someone else who responded to yet another person who brought up the question of legality. The fact is that a person can be a cheater and get the ban they deserve via the very terms and conditions they agreed to, but none of that is germane to the specific question of whether or not ANet's approach in this case violated any laws.

Personally, I doubt they did anything illegal. I was simply attempting (naively, it turns out!) to correct what I felt was an inaccurate perspective on the matter. And now I'm wasting my time explaining myself. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll just see my way out of this thread now. Have fun, guys!

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > > > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > > > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > > > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

> > > > >

> > > > > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> > > > >

> > > > > ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

> > > >

> > > > I openly welcome ANET to check my game logs, my running processes all they want.. after all I accepted their ToS before I logged in the very first time and ever since. I don't see the point in buying a product, putting 10k+ hours into it, spending a heck of a lot of addition RL coin to support it and then risk it all to try and hack and cheat..i get my fun fix from actually playing the game the way it is intended.. but do keep trying to skirt round the real issue.. the game is rife with hackers and cheats.. I say ANET needs to do a heck of a lot more of it..

> > > >

> > > > Fact - you got banned, your the bad guy sorry to break that to you, at least until ANET says otherwise. So maybe try using one of those pre-rehearsed excuses the hack devs are now pushing out to its community and you might get lucky, but hopefully ANET are already wised up to it.

> > >

> > > So you want ANET to look at each account individually and check in game logs just like i do. The point here is that they didn't do that and they have no evidence people were cheating.

> >

> > Your being too naïve.. dig around and you will have your eyes opened. Add to that you think ANET are going to tell you everything about what/how they made their decidions... I would bet there is a lot more in their detection system than just guesswork after looking into someone's running processes.. detailing it all will only serve to help the hackers in the cat and mouse game.. so yeah they kept it vague on purpose imo.

> >

> > At first those players were saying.. oooh its not fair I only use Arcdps or Taco or reshade, its supposed to be ok.. not fair

> > ANET list real stuff they looked for and ding.. all of a sudden those same players are protesting its not fair I only had cheat engine running in background I never used it to cheat, my friend is too incompetent to even use it, just downloaded it cos the tooth fairy and google made me do it I swear..

> > Funnily enough all these very similar excuses began to appear around the same time the hack sites were starting to push out pre rehearsed excuses for their communities to use as an appeal basis.

> > Sorry I am with ANET on this, they used the tools that gave them insight to what players were running with gw2, which all signed up to allowing and those players got snagged.. lesson learned.. wanna cheat enjoy while it lasts.

>

> Even though you don't want to admit it you agreed with me anyway

>

> > I openly welcome ANET to check my game logs

>

>

Why don't you quote what I actually wrote not pick parts of it for effect..

Here let me put it out there again in big BOLD letters for you this time -

I OPENLY WELCOME ANET TO CHECK MY GAME LOGS, MY RUNNING PROCESS ALL THEY WANT....

There did ya get it that time

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > >

> > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > >

> > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > >

> > > Your continual disdain of ANET in this matter and your vehement support for those banned is beginning to make me think your are in some way affected by this otherwise why do you keep making these baseless remarks.. provide some proof of what was done and what was not done by those affected, prove what anet has or has not done breaks any kind of law and then we can all rejoice and praise joko!

> > >

> > > ANET has already come out and said they will be lifting the ban on a small number of accounts.. but those accounts have already been caught in a botting or hacking incident previously so something has triggered a flag on them again.. but they have been let off this time.. feel good for them.

> >

> > Your assumptions are wrong then. You can see me in game this afternoon if you need confirmation. I'm not defending rightfully banned. I'm defending myself as a customers from future possible mistakes from Anet's "careful investigations".

>

> If you don't violate the EULA, you don't have to defend yourself from future possible mistakes. The risk is on the player.

You mean UA, not EULA. Anet has history of banning people wrongfully. So not breaking their rules in no way protects me from their mistakes.

I just remembered the case at release when people were speed leveling to lvl 80. Some used an exploit and then were banned, but world first level 80 didn't and they still banned him. MO himself apologised on reddit, you can still find his post there.

So please, stop convincing me about being safe when Anet is involved. They made many mistakes in the past. They are only people.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > >

> > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > >

> > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> >

> > Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

> >

> > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> >

> > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> >

> > ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

>

> omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

>

> I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

Your absolutely correct humans make mistakes.. the mistake ANET has made is reversing the bans on those players that already have a history of botting/hacking etc as they have already highlighted.. no smoke without fire Khel

@Kheldorn.5123

I'd like to point out that if you want to keep pressing the "knife" metaphor, a better comparison is taking a knife on board of a plane. Does it mean you are a terrorist? No. Yet you will still not be allowed to take one.. The metaphor is not perfect (your knife can be used by another person, you will not be banned from a flight for 6 months etc.) but it is still closer to comparing the problem here to simply owning a knife.

I personally know cheat engine can be used for non-hack related things, I used it for Dragon Age Inquisition's modding. But that is a single player game. I would not run the program while playing a multiplayer game. In fact, I do not run it at all unless I play that specific game. Why would I want to, anyway?

Try to understand that it cannot work on a "caught me red-handed" principle here as that is virtually impossible due to privacy reasons. The result is then similar to the terrorist on a plane principle I mentioned above. If you smuggle a knife on board of a plane and you are caught, you will be punished. You don't have to be a terrorist, you do not need to have attacked anyone. The goal is to create a safe environment for everybody else you share the space, physical or virtual, with. Ultimately it comes down to no bans, or players agreeing to follow certain principles in order to create a fair enviroment for players (as for example not running software that can be used to hack the game together with the game to allow the devs to correctly detect people that use it to do so...).

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > > >

> > > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > > >

> > > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> > >

> > > Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

> > >

> > > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> > >

> > > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> > >

> > > ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

> >

> > omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

> >

> > I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

>

> Your absolutely correct humans make mistakes.. the mistake ANET has made is reversing the bans on those players that already have a history of botting/hacking etc as they have already highlighted.. no smoke without fire Khel

No? So how about those people accused of speedhacking when it turned outto be Anet's mistake and faulty tech? This is exactly case of smoke without fire and trigger happy security agent.

> @"fireanne.7682" said:

> @Kheldorn.5123

> I'd like to point out that if you want to keep pressing the "knife" metaphor, a better comparison is taking a knife on board of a plane. Does it mean you are a terrorist? No. Yet you will still not be allowed to take one.. The metaphor is not perfect (your knife can be used by another person, you will not be banned from a flight for 6 months etc.) but it is still closer to comparing the problem here to simply owning a knife.

>

> I personally know cheat engine can be used for non-hack related things, I used it for Dragon Age Inquisition's modding. But that is a single player game. I would not run the program while playing a multiplayer game. In fact, I do not run it at all unless I play that specific game. Why would I want to, anyway?

>

> Try to understand that it cannot work on a "caught me red-handed" principle here as that is virtually impossible due to privacy reasons. The result is then similar to the terrorist on a plane principle I mentioned above. If you smuggle a knife on board of a plane and you are caught, you will be punished. You don't have to be a terrorist, you do not need to have attacked anyone. The goal is to create a safe environment for everybody else you share the space, physical or virtual, with. Ultimately it comes down to no bans, or players agreeing to follow certain principles in order to create a fair enviroment for players (as for example not running software that can be used to hack the game together with the game to allow the devs to correctly detect people that use it to do so...).

Terrible analogy. I'm at the privacy of my home and my computer. The plane is a public space.

To Anet I only have the responsibility of controlling my in game actions and GW2 folder(s). Nothing more, nothing less.

> @"fireanne.7682" said:

> @Kheldorn.5123

> I'd like to point out that if you want to keep pressing the "knife" metaphor, a better comparison is taking a knife on board of a plane. Does it mean you are a terrorist? No. Yet you will still not be allowed to take one.. The metaphor is not perfect (your knife can be used by another person, you will not be banned from a flight for 6 months etc.) but it is still closer to comparing the problem here to simply owning a knife.

>

> I personally know cheat engine can be used for non-hack related things, I used it for Dragon Age Inquisition's modding. But that is a single player game. I would not run the program while playing a multiplayer game. In fact, I do not run it at all unless I play that specific game. Why would I want to, anyway?

>

> Try to understand that it cannot work on a "caught me red-handed" principle here as that is virtually impossible due to privacy reasons. The result is then similar to the terrorist on a plane principle I mentioned above. If you smuggle a knife on board of a plane and you are caught, you will be punished. You don't have to be a terrorist, you do not need to have attacked anyone. The goal is to create a safe environment for everybody else you share the space, physical or virtual, with. Ultimately it comes down to no bans, or players agreeing to follow certain principles in order to create a fair enviroment for players (as for example not running software that can be used to hack the game together with the game to allow the devs to correctly detect people that use it to do so...).

Thats the point though nobody was "caught red-handed" they didn't check in game logs or even watch the players. They just made an assumption and didn't investigate further before banning users.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > >

> > > > Your continual disdain of ANET in this matter and your vehement support for those banned is beginning to make me think your are in some way affected by this otherwise why do you keep making these baseless remarks.. provide some proof of what was done and what was not done by those affected, prove what anet has or has not done breaks any kind of law and then we can all rejoice and praise joko!

> > > >

> > > > ANET has already come out and said they will be lifting the ban on a small number of accounts.. but those accounts have already been caught in a botting or hacking incident previously so something has triggered a flag on them again.. but they have been let off this time.. feel good for them.

> > >

> > > Your assumptions are wrong then. You can see me in game this afternoon if you need confirmation. I'm not defending rightfully banned. I'm defending myself as a customers from future possible mistakes from Anet's "careful investigations".

> >

> > If you don't violate the EULA, you don't have to defend yourself from future possible mistakes. The risk is on the player.

>

> You mean UA, not EULA. Anet has history of banning people wrongfully. So not breaking their rules in no way protects me from their mistakes.

>

> I just remembered the case at release when people were speed leveling to lvl 80. Some used an exploit and then were banned, but world first level 80 didn't and they still banned him. MO himself apologised on reddit, you can still find his post there.

>

> So please, stop convincing me about being safe when Anet is involved. They made many mistakes in the past. They are only people.

Hey, if you don't feel safe from Anet, don't play their games. Otherwise, you accept your CHOICE to be subjected to their behaviour as a corporation EVERY time you log in. You accept the terms to access this service. I don't patronize companies that treat me poorly, and neither should you. That's YOUR choice to make.

> @"fireanne.7682" said:

> @Kheldorn.5123

>

>

Nope. You can't other players clients even if you run cheat engine on your PC. So "safe environment" is not at risk and no higher values are presented here. Most of bans are most likely justified. However I do not accept Anet's "no appeal" announcement and acting like they consider no possibility of false positive result. And the method they used to witch hunt these accounts leaves a lot of space for false positives.

Once again, if you feel unsafe about playing any game, please stop playing said game and uninstall it. As far as I can tell, no one is defending ANet. We're saying those crying out about it are suspect given how they've turned the thread into focusing on ANet's actions and not their own. Even after admitting they were cheaters or forgot to turn off their cheats while playing this game.

Now, I didn't say all, but there's enough protesting too much to not think they doth protest too much.

The thread's about the suspensions from people caught cheating and not ANet's 'evil' methods on how they found out or if said cheaters did it with another game.

They were cheating. And got caught. Period. The minutia of how or why doesn't interest the players exhausted with those cheaters who've ruined their enjoyment, and cheat-free, joy of the game.

Again, if anyone doesn't like the results, they can play another game. They very much have the right to voice their displeasure in the most obvious way possible.

And I say best of luck finding an MMO that won't check on them and their computers . . . especially if those users agreed to it when they asked to play said game.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> > > >

> > > > Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

> > > >

> > > > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> > > >

> > > > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> > > >

> > > > ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

> > >

> > > omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

> > >

> > > I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

> >

> > Your absolutely correct humans make mistakes.. the mistake ANET has made is reversing the bans on those players that already have a history of botting/hacking etc as they have already highlighted.. no smoke without fire Khel

>

> No? So how about those people accused of speedhacking when it turned outto be Anet's mistake and faulty tech? This is exactly case of smoke without fire and trigger happy security agent.

Why are you living in the past.. that was then this is now.. no one is saying that anet hasn't made errors, they put them right, they compensated for it.. this is NOW and those bans that are being revoked are already players that have history and something has flagged them again, but this time ANET has given them a pass.

As I have said I am starting to think there is a reason you are continually trying to push this S J W crusade when the real issue is how ANET should and must make a stronger more resilient effort in combating the cheats.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > > > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > > > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > > > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

> > > >

> > > > I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

> > >

> > > Your absolutely correct humans make mistakes.. the mistake ANET has made is reversing the bans on those players that already have a history of botting/hacking etc as they have already highlighted.. no smoke without fire Khel

> >

> > No? So how about those people accused of speedhacking when it turned outto be Anet's mistake and faulty tech? This is exactly case of smoke without fire and trigger happy security agent.

>

> Why are you living in the past.. that was then this is now.. no one is saying that anet hasn't made errors, they put them right, they compensated for it.. this is NOW and those bans that are being revoked are already players that have history and something has flagged them again, but this time ANET has given them a pass.

> As I have said I am starting to think there is a reason you are continually trying to push this S J W crusade when the real issue is how ANET should and must make a stronger more resilient effort in combating the cheats.

Exactly ... so Anet makes mistakes ... that's not a compelling reason for Anet to not police the game for cheaters and hackers.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > >

> > > > > Your continual disdain of ANET in this matter and your vehement support for those banned is beginning to make me think your are in some way affected by this otherwise why do you keep making these baseless remarks.. provide some proof of what was done and what was not done by those affected, prove what anet has or has not done breaks any kind of law and then we can all rejoice and praise joko!

> > > > >

> > > > > ANET has already come out and said they will be lifting the ban on a small number of accounts.. but those accounts have already been caught in a botting or hacking incident previously so something has triggered a flag on them again.. but they have been let off this time.. feel good for them.

> > > >

> > > > Your assumptions are wrong then. You can see me in game this afternoon if you need confirmation. I'm not defending rightfully banned. I'm defending myself as a customers from future possible mistakes from Anet's "careful investigations".

> > >

> > > If you don't violate the EULA, you don't have to defend yourself from future possible mistakes. The risk is on the player.

> >

> > You mean UA, not EULA. Anet has history of banning people wrongfully. So not breaking their rules in no way protects me from their mistakes.

> >

> > I just remembered the case at release when people were speed leveling to lvl 80. Some used an exploit and then were banned, but world first level 80 didn't and they still banned him. MO himself apologised on reddit, you can still find his post there.

> >

> > So please, stop convincing me about being safe when Anet is involved. They made many mistakes in the past. They are only people.

>

> Hey, if you don't feel safe from Anet, don't play their games. Otherwise, you accept your CHOICE to be subjected to their behaviour as a corporation. I don't patronize companies that treat me poorly, and neither should you. That's YOUR choice to make.

I presented examples aka facts about anet making mistakes in the past. Therefore I have no reason to believe when they say there is no room for mistake on their part. I paid for the game multiple times and I'm not going away because they will not refund me. Also being responsible for my well being as their customer, I expect them to read all the feedback I give them. It's not for you to judge. And if your only argument is "don't like it - get out" then be warned that I am not going to continue discussing your nonsense.

@Nezekan.2671

That is not really true. When you connect your game client to the internet and enter the game, you are already in public space as your actions can influence other players...in addition, I already said myself that the metaphor is not perfect. It is of course hard to truly compare physical shared space and virtual shared space.

@Kheldorn.5123

What I mean is, what difference is there between a player running a hack-able program with the game beningly and a player using it to hack the game, when looking from the outside?

Of course hacks of one player cannot in any way damage or influence installed game clients of other players, that is not the nature or extent of the connection. But hacking players still influence other players' gaming experience and have a palpable impact on their gameplay, no?

As a note, I myself do not like the "no appeal policy" as I also maintain that even one unfairly banned account is wrong. However, I am just stating that if one runs something like Cheatengine together with the game for extended periods of time, that is hardly witch hunt or being really unfair...

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

> > > >

> > > > I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

> > >

> > > Your absolutely correct humans make mistakes.. the mistake ANET has made is reversing the bans on those players that already have a history of botting/hacking etc as they have already highlighted.. no smoke without fire Khel

> >

> > No? So how about those people accused of speedhacking when it turned outto be Anet's mistake and faulty tech? This is exactly case of smoke without fire and trigger happy security agent.

>

> Why are you living in the past.. that was then this is now.. no one is saying that anet hasn't made errors, they put them right, they compensated for it.. this is NOW and those bans that are being revoked are already players that have history and something has flagged them again, but this time ANET has given them a pass.

> As I have said I am starting to think there is a reason you are continually trying to push this S J W crusade when the real issue is how ANET should and must make a stronger more resilient effort in combating the cheats.

Because history repeats itself. Past events should be a lesson and because of past mistakes Anet made they need to improve. I don't think they did in present case.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Right ... people only have the software in question OPEN on their computers while playing the game ... they don't actually use it :confounded:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > cheatengine, despite the name, is not used exclusively for cheating

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Maybe ... but that's the player's risk isn't it ...

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > uhm no, this is not like bringing a gun to a school, this is like having a bread knife, you having this tool doesn't automatically mean you used it to hack gw2

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No it's not like bringing a gun to school or a bread knife. It's like breaking the terms of the agreement you have with Anet every time you log into the game. You're like the other guy ... you don't seem to understand what you pay for when you play this game.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You are defending Anet now but with such lackluster systems like they have, one day you can be rewarded with unjustified ban by them. On that day, you gonna change your stance on this subject. You should respect yourself as a customer and never trust companies.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's not defending. it's making people understand the risks they take with 3rd party software and how it affects their access to the game. I respect the agreement I sign every time I sign into the game; it's there for a reason because I know it protects me,the game and Anet. That's why I still have my access.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You know that everything on your PC that is not coming from Anet is 3rd party? This means windows, drivers, notepad, weather app, skype, discord, your personal notes and the list goes on. Do not let developer exploit their right to protect the game giving out bans based on assumptions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well looking at the excuses that the hack devs are asking their haxster communities to now use and appeal with speaks volumes for things that are already making there way into this thread.. like I said go do some digging and then maybe you will begin to understand that trying to play S J W on this is not so clear cut as you seem to think or maybe don't want to allude to.

> > > > > > > Those few accounts that are having bans revoked all had previous history.. if it were up to me they would of had perma bans the first time round.

> > > > > > > Your false flag theory has to have had some fire to create the smoke in the first place, ANET just have a history of going soft on players that cheat.

> > > > > > > Its no coincidence the game is rife with farming minions and pvp speed hack issues etc... but of course it must all be down to ANET being the bad guy when they finally decide to ban a few of the offenders.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lets apply this cheat engine logic to you shall we:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You keep visiting a forum dedicated to hacking in guild wars 2, and you may or may not be hacking but we don't want to put in the time or effort to check manually so we will just ban you just to be safe.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was never suspended before today and ANET in the past banned players for dying after falling down some stairs for speed hacking

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ANET is sometimes the bad guy and its okay to call them out on it.

> > > > >

> > > > > omg I totally forgot this case of banning for stairs, it was hilarious and truly showed how professional they are

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't know why people are defending the company. They are people too, they make mistakes, every day.

> > > >

> > > > Your absolutely correct humans make mistakes.. the mistake ANET has made is reversing the bans on those players that already have a history of botting/hacking etc as they have already highlighted.. no smoke without fire Khel

> > >

> > > No? So how about those people accused of speedhacking when it turned outto be Anet's mistake and faulty tech? This is exactly case of smoke without fire and trigger happy security agent.

> >

> > Why are you living in the past.. that was then this is now.. no one is saying that anet hasn't made errors, they put them right, they compensated for it.. this is NOW and those bans that are being revoked are already players that have history and something has flagged them again, but this time ANET has given them a pass.

> > As I have said I am starting to think there is a reason you are continually trying to push this S J W crusade when the real issue is how ANET should and must make a stronger more resilient effort in combating the cheats.

>

> Exactly ... so Anet makes mistakes ... that's not a compelling reason for Anet to not police the game for cheaters and hackers.

Cheaters make mistakes too. That's no reason to flag them and monitor their actions after suspension are over.

See how ridiculous this argument is?

> @"fireanne.7682" said:

> @Nezekan.2671

> That is not really true. When you connect your game client to the internet and enter the game, you are already in public space as your actions can influence other players...in addition, I already said myself that the metaphor is not perfect. It is of course hard to truly compare physical shared space and virtual shared space.

> @Kheldorn.5123

> What I mean is, what difference is there between a player running a hack-able program with the game beningly and a player using it to hack the game, when looking from the outside?

Player who hacks the game deserves the ban. Player who doesn't hack the game shouldn't be banned. Method they used to filter out suspicious accounts is cheap, automated process. But it should only be the case to start further investigation, not to just hit banhammer button, make cheesy comments on twitter and roleplay as a superhero.