Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Buy Some Apples.6390" said:

> >

> > >someone threw the hammer a bit further this year and sadly everyone who botted or used any other kind of other hack in ~ 3 weeks in march (where I was on vacation >Nosebleed ) is having a 6 months break from the game now.

> >

> > >The good news is, we know already what and how they did it. We assume that was their 'yearly purge' that happens literally every year when they start SAB.

> >

> > >If you want to be 100% sure that it is 'ok to bot', please wait a few more days, we are taking the needed steps that this will not happen again. But their "detection" is currently not active and you can already go crazy with your bots. We are just adding a few more things to our end.

> >

> > >We are updating this thread once we finished the needed changes.

> >

> > >Minion goes on!

> >

> > Looks like the hackers and botters arent really phased by this.

> > But one things looks certain, the hacker devs are way more active than anet devs when it comes to developing!

> >

> >

>

> Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

I wonder if private hacks are a violation of the ToS, or if it specifies third party.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > I don't know why some people here are against a review on people who were banned because of cheat engine. What harm can it do?

>

> Because it's very clear people running any software from the list violates Anet's terms of service for the game.

Nothing is clear. There was never a warning given about it either. How can you know what "3rd party" program is allowed? We run millions of 3rd party programs along side GW2. When the program is literally called GW2 master hack, its very obvious. But when its a tool that existed before Anet itself did and will likely exist after it and has very broad range of uses, its not acceptable to outright ban people for merely having it on their PC. Unless Anet can provide proof that it was used to cheat the game, this ban is wrong.

How do you know what 3rd party program is allowed ... jeez. how about NONE!!!

It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game. Don't play ignorant here.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

My country's law > any terms of service. I read my countries laws. Period.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

The list that was released after people were suspended?

> Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

>

> My country's law > any terms of service. I read my countries laws. Period.

Institute a charge back. You will lose the account but can start over if you like.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

>

> The list that was released after people were suspended?

>

> > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

>

> Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

>

>

>

I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not running 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

Done.

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

>

> My country's law > any terms of service. I read my countries laws. Period.

You just experienced what happens if you think your countries laws are going to keep you from being at risk from being banned when you violate the terms of service. how did that work out for you BTW?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> >

> > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> >

> > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> >

> > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> >

> >

> >

> I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not running 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

>

> ....

>

> Done.

Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > >

> > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > >

> > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > >

> > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not running 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> >

> > ....

> >

> > Done.

>

> Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > > > > > as i understand cheat engind is also used for debugging and reverse engenering.

> > > > > > still, why have it running along side guildwars?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i read onw statement that it was used for reverse engenering things like virusses.

> > > > > > Now wouldnt you do that in a virtual machine? I know i would.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > My cheat engine's last modified date is " 18/05/2017" which now that I think about it, is the last time I used it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm pretty sure if I'm banned because of cheat engine, its because of its mere existence, and not because I used it when GW2 was open, because I did not.

> > > > >

> > > > > The friend I mentioned earlier also confirmed he had cheat engine installed but he has not used it for even longer time than I, which further confirms my suspicion. So the part in Gaile Gray post which says "we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs over a significant number of hours during a multi-week" is a an utter and blatant lie. They just did an automated ban and did not care about consequences of it.

> > > >

> > > > Ermm didn't you say your "friend" was completely beyond any kind of ability to find, install and use such stuff.. isn't that why you had to install others 3rd party progs for him/her. But here you are now telling us he has/does so what was it being used for, lets get this out in the open cos surely someone capable of using things like cheat engine for those ooh so virtuous totally legit applications of it must surely be capable of installing something like taco and learning how to use it all by themselves.. nah sorry I smell a big rat in the room somewhere.

> > >

> > > People look for things online and install them. He wasn't able to figure it out, but he just left it there. I have a lot of unused apps, and so do many people. The fact that he is banned shows the bans are given due to mere existence of these programs, and not using them. Cheat engine has so many broad uses, but those other apps are rather very specificly used to cheat in GW2.

> > >

> > > Instead of looking at the big picture that people are banned for mere existence of an application in their PC, you are trying to create a story and see it they way you want to see it.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > No.. your the one making the claim that you and your "friend" have cheat engine and other 3rd party apps loaded up.. if someone is not capable of using such stuff.. by your own admission.. then why would you be using something like cheat engine in the first place.. surely if your capable of using it for something legit then why say they are incapable of understanding how to find, install and use such programs.. please enlighten us why you have both got it installed and what legit purposes you use it for that are so low in the intelligence stakes that a simpleton can use it.. I am genuinely interested because as I said it was you who made the statement.. now you have opened the can of words its only fair you feed us if you want to taken seriously otherwise I call foul and smokescreens ahoy!

>

> You keep assuming he used it, he did not. Installing something is very easy, its a process of spamming next and waiting for it to finish. Which is why I'm telling you people are banned for having the app installed in their PC, not because they necessarily used it in same time with GW2, which is even more horrendous. Are you doubting his intentions? I didn't care to ask, because its not my concern. If people want to cheat in single player games, its their own business and no one else's. Perhaps he wanted to learn to do so, or any other reason. The only relevant information here is the fact that he never used it with GW2, which means ANET is currently lying, after lying previously.

>

> As for me, I can provide an screenshot showing the last date I used cheat engine was in 5th month of 2017. I never used cheat engine with GW2 and I'm banned, this is the only thing that concerns me.

I got CE installed and use it semi regularly, not at the same time I'm running gw though. Didn't get banned. You didn't get banned "just for having CE on your PC"

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > > >

> > > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > > >

> > > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > > >

> > > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not running 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> > >

> > > ....

> > >

> > > Done.

> >

> > Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

>

> That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

Yes every single time every single player logs in to play they are running third party software.

> @"FitzChevalerie.1035" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > > > > > > as i understand cheat engind is also used for debugging and reverse engenering.

> > > > > > > still, why have it running along side guildwars?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i read onw statement that it was used for reverse engenering things like virusses.

> > > > > > > Now wouldnt you do that in a virtual machine? I know i would.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My cheat engine's last modified date is " 18/05/2017" which now that I think about it, is the last time I used it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm pretty sure if I'm banned because of cheat engine, its because of its mere existence, and not because I used it when GW2 was open, because I did not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The friend I mentioned earlier also confirmed he had cheat engine installed but he has not used it for even longer time than I, which further confirms my suspicion. So the part in Gaile Gray post which says "we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs over a significant number of hours during a multi-week" is a an utter and blatant lie. They just did an automated ban and did not care about consequences of it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ermm didn't you say your "friend" was completely beyond any kind of ability to find, install and use such stuff.. isn't that why you had to install others 3rd party progs for him/her. But here you are now telling us he has/does so what was it being used for, lets get this out in the open cos surely someone capable of using things like cheat engine for those ooh so virtuous totally legit applications of it must surely be capable of installing something like taco and learning how to use it all by themselves.. nah sorry I smell a big rat in the room somewhere.

> > > >

> > > > People look for things online and install them. He wasn't able to figure it out, but he just left it there. I have a lot of unused apps, and so do many people. The fact that he is banned shows the bans are given due to mere existence of these programs, and not using them. Cheat engine has so many broad uses, but those other apps are rather very specificly used to cheat in GW2.

> > > >

> > > > Instead of looking at the big picture that people are banned for mere existence of an application in their PC, you are trying to create a story and see it they way you want to see it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No.. your the one making the claim that you and your "friend" have cheat engine and other 3rd party apps loaded up.. if someone is not capable of using such stuff.. by your own admission.. then why would you be using something like cheat engine in the first place.. surely if your capable of using it for something legit then why say they are incapable of understanding how to find, install and use such programs.. please enlighten us why you have both got it installed and what legit purposes you use it for that are so low in the intelligence stakes that a simpleton can use it.. I am genuinely interested because as I said it was you who made the statement.. now you have opened the can of words its only fair you feed us if you want to taken seriously otherwise I call foul and smokescreens ahoy!

> >

> > You keep assuming he used it, he did not. Installing something is very easy, its a process of spamming next and waiting for it to finish. Which is why I'm telling you people are banned for having the app installed in their PC, not because they necessarily used it in same time with GW2, which is even more horrendous. Are you doubting his intentions? I didn't care to ask, because its not my concern. If people want to cheat in single player games, its their own business and no one else's. Perhaps he wanted to learn to do so, or any other reason. The only relevant information here is the fact that he never used it with GW2, which means ANET is currently lying, after lying previously.

> >

> > As for me, I can provide an screenshot showing the last date I used cheat engine was in 5th month of 2017. I never used cheat engine with GW2 and I'm banned, this is the only thing that concerns me.

>

> I got CE installed and use it semi regularly, not at the same time I'm running gw though. Didn't get banned. You didn't get banned "just for having CE on your PC"

I don't remember using it, but its not something I can fully rely on memory and since the ban is clearly automated, I have started to doubt because computers do not lie. I am very certain I DID NOT run cheat engine when GW2 game was open, but if I actually opened it, it was when GW2 CLIENT was open, and definitely not for "significant" hours.

My internet was slow when I decided to install GW2 so I let the client download and played total war warhammer 2 while the client was downloading. I might have used cheat engine for a few minutes during that, but I'm not even sure about that right now. Either way I still did not use it when the game itself was open. And I really don't think I ever opened cheat engine after download of GW2 finished, because I played GW2 A LOT during that one month. My play time can show it, its 460 hours in less than a month. Like 26 days or something.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > > > >

> > > > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > > > >

> > > > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not running 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> > > >

> > > > ....

> > > >

> > > > Done.

> > >

> > > Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

> >

> > That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

>

> Yes every single time every single player logs in to play they are running third party software.

.. and? I don't get your point. Anet determines what violates the terms of service in terms of 3rd party software. Are you just trying to have some academic argument with me? That would be a pointless exercise don't you think? Have you NOT seen my work?

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

>

> The list that was released after people were suspended?

>

> > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

>

> Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

>

>

>

Privacy does not exist on the internet. It is an unachieveable myth.

Everything is tracked, logged and copied many times. Anet also still has all your private chat logs from start of GW1 to now.

> @"FitzChevalerie.1035" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > > > > > > as i understand cheat engind is also used for debugging and reverse engenering.

> > > > > > > still, why have it running along side guildwars?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i read onw statement that it was used for reverse engenering things like virusses.

> > > > > > > Now wouldnt you do that in a virtual machine? I know i would.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My cheat engine's last modified date is " 18/05/2017" which now that I think about it, is the last time I used it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm pretty sure if I'm banned because of cheat engine, its because of its mere existence, and not because I used it when GW2 was open, because I did not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The friend I mentioned earlier also confirmed he had cheat engine installed but he has not used it for even longer time than I, which further confirms my suspicion. So the part in Gaile Gray post which says "we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs over a significant number of hours during a multi-week" is a an utter and blatant lie. They just did an automated ban and did not care about consequences of it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ermm didn't you say your "friend" was completely beyond any kind of ability to find, install and use such stuff.. isn't that why you had to install others 3rd party progs for him/her. But here you are now telling us he has/does so what was it being used for, lets get this out in the open cos surely someone capable of using things like cheat engine for those ooh so virtuous totally legit applications of it must surely be capable of installing something like taco and learning how to use it all by themselves.. nah sorry I smell a big rat in the room somewhere.

> > > >

> > > > People look for things online and install them. He wasn't able to figure it out, but he just left it there. I have a lot of unused apps, and so do many people. The fact that he is banned shows the bans are given due to mere existence of these programs, and not using them. Cheat engine has so many broad uses, but those other apps are rather very specificly used to cheat in GW2.

> > > >

> > > > Instead of looking at the big picture that people are banned for mere existence of an application in their PC, you are trying to create a story and see it they way you want to see it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No.. your the one making the claim that you and your "friend" have cheat engine and other 3rd party apps loaded up.. if someone is not capable of using such stuff.. by your own admission.. then why would you be using something like cheat engine in the first place.. surely if your capable of using it for something legit then why say they are incapable of understanding how to find, install and use such programs.. please enlighten us why you have both got it installed and what legit purposes you use it for that are so low in the intelligence stakes that a simpleton can use it.. I am genuinely interested because as I said it was you who made the statement.. now you have opened the can of words its only fair you feed us if you want to taken seriously otherwise I call foul and smokescreens ahoy!

> >

> > You keep assuming he used it, he did not. Installing something is very easy, its a process of spamming next and waiting for it to finish. Which is why I'm telling you people are banned for having the app installed in their PC, not because they necessarily used it in same time with GW2, which is even more horrendous. Are you doubting his intentions? I didn't care to ask, because its not my concern. If people want to cheat in single player games, its their own business and no one else's. Perhaps he wanted to learn to do so, or any other reason. The only relevant information here is the fact that he never used it with GW2, which means ANET is currently lying, after lying previously.

> >

> > As for me, I can provide an screenshot showing the last date I used cheat engine was in 5th month of 2017. I never used cheat engine with GW2 and I'm banned, this is the only thing that concerns me.

>

> I got CE installed and use it semi regularly, not at the same time I'm running gw though. Didn't get banned. You didn't get banned "just for having CE on your PC"

ANET literally said this is why people were suspended you should uninstall it if you care about your account

> 1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not running 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> > > > >

> > > > > ....

> > > > >

> > > > > Done.

> > > >

> > > > Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

> > >

> > > That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

> >

> > Yes every single time every single player logs in to play they are running third party software.

>

> .. and? I don't get your point. Anet determines what violates the terms of service in terms of 3rd party software. Are you just trying to have some academic argument with me? That would be a pointless exercise don't you think?

The point is that having third party software running on your computer, while playing gw2, is not a violation of the ToS unless that software is being used in a manner proscribed in the ToS.

I fully believe that the (vast?) majority of those banned likely earned their punishment. But, the argument that running third party software is a violation is wrong.

To clarify, I completely agree that it is Anet's right to decide to use circumstancial evidence as basis for a ban, but claiming that just having the software is a violation of the ToS is incorrect.

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Yup, about as intelligent and thoughtful as trying to get a dig into someone about how their country sucks because you don't want to accept responsibility for doing something as silly as violating terms of service for a game. . :confounded:

>

> You lack any sort of sympathy and understanding. You have been preaching in favor of Anet for days from the beginning until their screw ups and lies were revealed. Some of us never cheated in GW2 or ANY ONLINE game for that matter. What I do in my private time and in single players in my business and my business only. If Anet has proof of me cheating in the game, then by all means, I want to see it (waiting for a response). If not, this ban is bogus and cannot be justified.

Why does this case deserve it? It's pretty cut and dry here ... I don't run 3rd party software that violates the terms of service ... I'm ingame right now. Why should I be so offended when Anet take measures to deal with others that don't even respect their OWN time ingame by taking the risk? You don't want to accept that simply running the software itself was the violation. It's not more complicated that this.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not **running** 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ....

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Done.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

> > > >

> > > > That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

> > >

> > > Yes every single time every single player logs in to play they are running third party software.

> >

> > .. and? I don't get your point. Anet determines what violates the terms of service in terms of 3rd party software. Are you just trying to have some academic argument with me? That would be a pointless exercise don't you think?

>

> The point is that having third party software running on your computer, while playing gw2, is not a violation of the ToS unless that software is being used in a manner proscribed in the ToS.

>

> I fully believe that the (vast?) majority of those banned likely earned their punishment. But, the argument that running third party software is a violation is wrong.

>

> To clarify, I completely agree that it is Anet's right to decide to use circumstancial evidence as basis for a ban, but claiming that just having the software is a violation of the ToS is incorrect.

I wasn't claiming that just having it was a violation. I'm quite aware it has to be running with GW2 for violation. I've been as careful as possible to make that distinction as well in my posts.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > Yup, about as intelligent and thoughtful as trying to get a dig into someone about how their country sucks because you don't want to accept responsibility for doing something as silly as violating terms of service for a game. . :confounded:

> >

> > You lack any sort of sympathy and understanding. You have been preaching in favor of Anet for days from the beginning until their screw ups and lies were revealed. Some of us never cheated in GW2 or ANY ONLINE game for that matter. What I do in my private time and in single players in my business and my business only. If Anet has proof of me cheating in the game, then by all means, I want to see it (waiting for a response). If not, this ban is bogus and cannot be justified.

>

> Why does this case deserve it? It's pretty cut and dry here ... I don't run 3rd party software that violates the terms of service ... I'm ingame right now. Why should I be so offended when Anet take measures to deal with others that don't even respect their OWN time ingame by taking the risk? You don't want to accept that simply running the software itself was the violation. It's not more complicated that this.

I don't see the name of cheat engine in terms of agreement and since I made NO CHANGES to GW2 with it, I have actually complied with terms of agreement. No 3rd party software has affected my game. Otherwise, as others have said, we run thousands of 3rd party programs when we play GW2.

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > Yup, about as intelligent and thoughtful as trying to get a dig into someone about how their country sucks because you don't want to accept responsibility for doing something as silly as violating terms of service for a game. . :confounded:

> > >

> > > You lack any sort of sympathy and understanding. You have been preaching in favor of Anet for days from the beginning until their screw ups and lies were revealed. Some of us never cheated in GW2 or ANY ONLINE game for that matter. What I do in my private time and in single players in my business and my business only. If Anet has proof of me cheating in the game, then by all means, I want to see it (waiting for a response). If not, this ban is bogus and cannot be justified.

> >

> > Why does this case deserve it? It's pretty cut and dry here ... I don't run 3rd party software that violates the terms of service ... I'm ingame right now. Why should I be so offended when Anet take measures to deal with others that don't even respect their OWN time ingame by taking the risk? You don't want to accept that simply running the software itself was the violation. It's not more complicated that this.

>

> I don't see the name of cheat engine in terms of agreement and since I made NO CHANGES to GW2 with it, I have actually complied with terms of agreement. No 3rd party software has affected my game. Otherwise, as others have said, we run thousands of 3rd party programs when we plat GW2.

That just shows you don't understand why it's not accepted, not that you complied. You're not going to see names of specific softwares in there. That would be silly.; that's not even reasonable. That's why you shouldn't run any.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not **running** 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ....

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Done.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

> > > > >

> > > > > That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

> > > >

> > > > Yes every single time every single player logs in to play they are running third party software.

> > >

> > > .. and? I don't get your point. Anet determines what violates the terms of service in terms of 3rd party software. Are you just trying to have some academic argument with me? That would be a pointless exercise don't you think?

> >

> > The point is that having third party software running on your computer, while playing gw2, is not a violation of the ToS unless that software is being used in a manner proscribed in the ToS.

> >

> > I fully believe that the (vast?) majority of those banned likely earned their punishment. But, the argument that running third party software is a violation is wrong.

> >

> > To clarify, I completely agree that it is Anet's right to decide to use circumstancial evidence as basis for a ban, but claiming that just having the software is a violation of the ToS is incorrect.

>

> I wasn't claiming that just having it was a violation.

My apologies. I meant to type having the software running (as in the earlier sentences within that post).

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Well I can't speak for anyone else, but this thread made me so happy I am gonna start spending money on the game again.

>

> Nice spending.

>

> Hint: actual cheaters and hackers who know what they are doing are pretty much unaffected by the wave and still operating in the game.

I'd wish you good luck with your protest.. but.. I'll be honest, I wish they were far more aggressive then they already are.

Enjoy your Ban.

Maybe find a new game in your time off.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > It couldn't be more clear. There is a list of software that violate the terms of service. Anet caught people running those. Don't run those. As a matter of fact, if you VALUE your playtime, don't run any. The warning was in the terms of service you (likely didn't) read when you start the game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The list that was released after people were suspended?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Anet should just keep their detection on permanently. If Anet updates the list of hashes frequently there is no way for the hack and bot makers to circumvent it. Private hacks will still be a problem, but all the noobs dont make their own stuff.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Some of us value our privacy and it would be trivial to bypass. Hence why other companies like blizzard do this locally on the system and will only send out information about the offending items not your entire system.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think people are being a little disingenuous here. Are you not aware that not **running** 3rd party software is like ... #1 bad for any online game? So here is the list of 3rd party software is approved for use ... ready?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ....

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Done.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Are you aware that every single player in every single online game ever played runs third party software while playing?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's right ... that's a risk THEY take. That doesn't mean they are approved for use.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes every single time every single player logs in to play they are running third party software.

> > > >

> > > > .. and? I don't get your point. Anet determines what violates the terms of service in terms of 3rd party software. Are you just trying to have some academic argument with me? That would be a pointless exercise don't you think?

> > >

> > > The point is that having third party software running on your computer, while playing gw2, is not a violation of the ToS unless that software is being used in a manner proscribed in the ToS.

> > >

> > > I fully believe that the (vast?) majority of those banned likely earned their punishment. But, the argument that running third party software is a violation is wrong.

> > >

> > > To clarify, I completely agree that it is Anet's right to decide to use circumstancial evidence as basis for a ban, but claiming that just having the software is a violation of the ToS is incorrect.

> >

> > I wasn't claiming that just having it was a violation.

>

> My apologies. I meant to type having the software running (as in the earlier sentences within that post).

Here is my problem with this thinking ... everyone runs 3rd party software ... yet, not everyone is banned. I run iTunes ... but there is a reasonable expectation that iTunes doesn't do the bad things Anet says 3rd party shouldn't do to the game if I don't want to get a ban ... that's pretty common sense stuff for a gamer ... and that gives me the confidence that it's safe.

Now we have people claiming the 'cheatengine' shouldn't have them banned, but I can go to the 'About Cheat Engine' page and read this:

**Cheat Engine is an open source tool designed to help you with modifying single player games running under window so you can make them harder or easier depending on your preference(e.g: Find that 100hp is too easy, try playing a game with a max of 1 HP)**

Now, I am by NO means some computer programming guru ... but I would PROBABLY be VERY concerned if I ran this software while playing GW2 ... you know, hints like "modifying games running windows" or "make the easier" or "changing your HP" ... if that doesn't scream hacking, well ... That should raise LOTS of red flags to anyone who is a gamer.