Male character armor/outfit needs improvement!!! (Art contest???)

> @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> I would appreciate some more revealing armor choices for males indeed. The sunspear outfit is a good step in the right direction but only for pay.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/zJviT5D.jpg "")

>

> And for the rest it would be nice to have some more revealing armors that do not have bones hanging from it. A few stylish choices would be very welcome as light armor.

I do like the *concept* of the sunspear outfit, I just don't like the skirt. I know the concept includes a similar aspect but it poofs out too far from the body. In reality, the leather straps that make up such a costume would have weight and touch the body and shift with your movement.

This game has made me appreciate being able to see my character's legs, hips and waist because so many of the skins cover up the area in some fashion.

As for the topic, I don't think its about showing skin, just showing the body. More costumes that follow the contours of the body...

• 2 months later...

I personally love the armor sets in GW2. The designs are always consistent in-world, but occasionally, I see something on an NPC (such as Lord Farren and Lady Kasmir's Southsun swimwear) and I get really excited, because I think we're getting this as an optional outfit... but then we don't.

I would love to see skins for swimwear as outfits. Like the chef and town clothes options, they could be available for purchase in the gem store.

You could even offer two options: one called "modest swimwear" and one called "stylish swimwear," with "modest" offering things like shorts for men and one-pieces for women, and the "stylish" option being briefs for men and bikinis for women?

I would absolutely pay gems for these options, and I know _many_ others would, too!

With now being summer, it's the perfect time, and I can't imagine it would be very difficult to execute, since they already have the base models designed for Farren and Kas.

Please, ANet? [insert puppy dog eyes here]

> @"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:

> Is there any particular reason why female characters got all the sexy outfit that shows a lot of skin but male character are so conservative and covers everything up?

>

> HELLO we are not in middle east here I think we can reveal some skin!!! Whoever is doing the outfit or armor design is not doing a good job or it's being bias or sexist whatever it is because male character should be able to show some skin too!! NOT ONLY when I'm freaking diving and with a hideous boxer!!! (god forbid I will never get caught dead wearing that IRL)

>

> I think we need some gay designer or something because that boxer is fugly sorry for the rant but I can't handle this crap no more!! how about a community art work competition and then make it happen in the game if your designer can't come up with something satisfying!?!!!! B)

The reason is it is not the norm and most male gamers aren't interested in it. That doesn't mean it is bad or i don't like it, but economics adapts to what the majority of the target market wants.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im female and there is no sexy armor in medium at all. When I say sexy I don't mean it has to be skimpy, just look stylishly sexy and not have ribbons and things sticking out of it. Sometimes less is best. Everytime a new armor comes out I always think, maybe this time they will bring out something I like. Been waiting close on 5 years and it still hasnt happened.

> @"Shuzsie.9263" said:

> Im female and there is no sexy armor in medium at all. When I say sexy I don't mean it has to be skimpy, just look stylishly sexy and not have ribbons and things sticking out of it. Sometimes less is best. Everytime a new armor comes out I always think, maybe this time they will bring out something I like. Been waiting close on 5 years and it still hasnt happened.

Guess you dont play human female right? If you do one of the cultural armors might be what your looking for.

You know, I have been looking for a female equivalent to the Winged Armor. On the males*, it looks like a classic wizard's robe, which could look nice on a female character aswell, but instead the female version of it is completely different. In that case maybe have a Winged Robe, which is the fully covered version for both sexes and a Winged Tunic as the light version. Of course the male version would have to be refitted, since that armor would need to accomodate a different shape and accentuate different parts of the wearer's body, but the overall theme as a light version to the Winged Robe is definitely worth preserving.

As for Jeans with holes IRL: Those are rags, they look horrible on both male and female wearers and as far as I'm concerned they are barely better than leopard printed everything. If you want to show your legs, there are better ways to do that. Tunics exist, as do skirts, kilts and shorts.

*except charr, because most stuff tends to look horrible on charr, which has led to several riots by the community. There have been better outfits lately, but even the legendary armor looks like a lazy uninspired stretch job. The designers are capable of incredible work, but sometimes I feel they need a Tailor, someone who knows how to dress people up and dress them well. Someone who can tell them when they overdesign to simplify.

Someone to tell them in office, that a charr has different needs. Hoods have to work differently on these large necks, collars have to be remade. The lines and proportions of the outfits look iffy on norn and fail utterly when applied to a charr without some kind of refitting, but I'm stating the obvious here.

> @"googel.3278" said:

> give hairy armpits to male characters

Play charr. All your hair needs will be covered. Your clothing needs, on the other hand...