We need an official position from ANET about ARCDPS and TACO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > >

> > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> >

> > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

>

> Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

Maybe Anet should sell approved 3rd party GW2 mice. They have no buttons, no scrollwheel and no optics just to be 100% macro safe.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > >

> > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> >

> > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

>

> Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

Well i have installed TacO and the driver for my gaming mouse for SAB tribulation, and guess what.I have been banned. I never installed ARCdps or any software.I guess i should go and search for an old mouse with 2 buttons.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > > >

> > > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> > >

> > > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

> >

> > Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

> Maybe Anet should sell approved 3rd party GW2 mice. They have no buttons, no scrollwheel and no optics just to be 100% macro safe.

>

"They look a lot like bricks with a GW2 logo on them, are they bricks? I'll take two!" :)

> @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > > >

> > > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> > >

> > > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

> >

> > Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

>

> Well i have installed TacO and the driver for my gaming mouse for SAB tribulation, and guess what.I have been banned. I never installed ARCdps or any software.I guess i should go and search for an old mouse with 2 buttons.

Did you use any macro functions to bind multiple actions to a single button press, like for dodge jumping?

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> > > >

> > > > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

> > >

> > > Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

> > Maybe Anet should sell approved 3rd party GW2 mice. They have no buttons, no scrollwheel and no optics just to be 100% macro safe.

> >

>

> "They look a lot like bricks with a GW2 logo on them, are they bricks? I'll take two!" :)

>

> > @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> > > >

> > > > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

> > >

> > > Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

> >

> > Well i have installed TacO and the driver for my gaming mouse for SAB tribulation, and guess what.I have been banned. I never installed ARCdps or any software.I guess i should go and search for an old mouse with 2 buttons.

>

> Did you use any macro functions to bind multiple actions to a single button press, like for dodge jumping?

Yes, and this gave me, the hammer ban. But still...6 months for a little double jump in SAB...

If this has been done, then it can be seen just simply as getting yourself an "advantage" over others, so LITTLE it may be in perception for you, it stays fact that it will be getting an advantage over others, which don't use these key binds and play the game normally, so in that case the ban has been done rightfully then, as you breached with this violation the rules of the game, so sad it is to say...

Anet removed the ability to perform double jumps some time ago, so doing anything with third party programs and key binds that forces the game to successfully do again jump dodges should be a no brainer in fact, that people will get banned for this action , cause Anet will have had their reasons for taking the ability of dodge jumping after such long time out of the game ...

> @"Orpheal.8263" said:

> If this has been done, then it can be seen just simply as getting yourself an "advantage" over others, so LITTLE it may be in perception for you, it stays fact that it will be getting an advantage over others, which don't use these key binds and play the game normally, so in that case the ban has been done rightfully then, as you breached with this violation the rules of the game, so sad it is to say...

>

> Anet removed the ability to perform double jumps some time ago, so doing anything with third party programs and key binds that forces the game to successfully do again jump dodges should be a no brainer in fact, that people will get banned for this action , cause Anet will have had their reasons for taking the ability of dodge jumping after such long time out of the game ...

Anet never removed dodge jumping. It's legit in game "mechanic"

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Orpheal.8263" said:

> > If this has been done, then it can be seen just simply as getting yourself an "advantage" over others, so LITTLE it may be in perception for you, it stays fact that it will be getting an advantage over others, which don't use these key binds and play the game normally, so in that case the ban has been done rightfully then, as you breached with this violation the rules of the game, so sad it is to say...

> >

> > Anet removed the ability to perform double jumps some time ago, so doing anything with third party programs and key binds that forces the game to successfully do again jump dodges should be a no brainer in fact, that people will get banned for this action , cause Anet will have had their reasons for taking the ability of dodge jumping after such long time out of the game ...

>

> Anet never removed dodge jumping. It's legit in game "mechanic"

Hmm, then must have what I have read about that I guess been false rumors or simple false information ??

Havent tested these things out in SAB self since then, due to SAB providing nothign new this year and relied myself only onto what Ive read about that so far.

> @"Orpheal.8263" said:

> > > @"Orpheal.8263" said:

> > > If this has been done, then it can be seen just simply as getting yourself an "advantage" over others, so LITTLE it may be in perception for you, it stays fact that it will be getting an advantage over others, which don't use these key binds and play the game normally, so in that case the ban has been done rightfully then, as you breached with this violation the rules of the game, so sad it is to say...

> > >

> > > Anet removed the ability to perform double jumps some time ago, so doing anything with third party programs and key binds that forces the game to successfully do again jump dodges should be a no brainer in fact, that people will get banned for this action , cause Anet will have had their reasons for taking the ability of dodge jumping after such long time out of the game ...

> >

> > Anet never removed dodge jumping. It's legit in game "mechanic"

>

> Hmm, then must have what I have read about that I guess been false rumors or simple false information ??

> Havent tested these things out in SAB self since then, due to SAB providing nothign new this year and relied myself only onto what Ive read about that so far.

What you might have heard is that it's not allowed to make 1-button macro for dodge-jump, which is correct. if you smash your thumb on space+V (default keys) on your keayboard manually, it's okay.

Hi,

Since last night and the operation of ban accounts, most of the community debate on the legality of ARCDPS and TACO.

A simple official position from you, ANET, would close this debate and especially give to your players the opportunity to be truly responsible knowingly a ban due to one of these two overlays.

As i reminder, you approved their use some time ago. Since they have been update, we need to know if the latest versions are always in agreement with your policy. Ban people for using overlay that you had approved without informing them that you had change your policy, would be absolutely contrary to any form of respect of your players ... At the opposite, I'm sure that if the players using them know that you do not approve them anymore, they will not use them anymore.

So tank you for your official position for:

ARCDPS:

1.dps meter

2.build template

3.reshade

TACO:

1. general

2. markers overlay

**All the community will tanks you to take the time to give us an official reply, we really need it !**

I like the suggestion one person made in the massive ban topic: Anet could maintain a 3rd party software 'whitelist' with not just the name of programs but the specific version that was checked and approved and where applicable which plugins were checked.

Of course I'm not suggesting they should then check and approve/reject every single update to every program. It should still be done only as and when someone has time or wants to check a specific update. But it would go a long way towards making situations like this clearer - where there seems to be a lot of confusion over whether because one version of a program was previously approved that means all versions and addons must be ok no matter what they do or how you use them, vs. only that one aspect mentioned in the post is ok.

(Although I don't use any 3rd party software for GW2, except the Logitech software to bind keyboard keys to my mouse, so it doesn't matter much to me either way.)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I like the suggestion one person made in the massive ban topic: Anet could maintain a 3rd party software 'whitelist' with not just the name of programs but the specific version that was checked and approved and where applicable which plugins were checked.

>

> Of course I'm not suggesting they should then check and approve/reject every single update to every program. It should still be done only as and when someone has time or wants to check a specific update. But it would go a long way towards making situations like this clearer - where there seems to be a lot of confusion over whether because one version of a program was previously approved that means all versions and addons must be ok no matter what they do or how you use them, vs. only that one aspect mentioned in the post is ok.

>

> (Although I don't use any 3rd party software for GW2, except the Logitech software to bind keyboard keys to my mouse, so it doesn't matter much to me either way.)

It's definitely possible. See such sites as https://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/ - the three questions "can you provide me some examples of...".

Of course, with real money being wagered between players and regulatory issues abound it's definitely more important for a poker site to keep on top of all this, but ANet could easily do something similar, especially considering there are FAR fewer external programs for GW2 than there are poker apps.

> @"gert.7698" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > The ArenaNet position is the same as it has always been: Use at your own risk.

>

> But at the same time they promote Taco video’s on their official Facebook... that makes no sence

So they're using it at their own risk? I'd love to see a post from a dev: "Welp, my account was banned today, while I was flying the logo guild. Got caught macroing dodge jump in SAB. fml"

> @"gert.7698" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > The ArenaNet position is the same as it has always been: Use at your own risk.

>

> But at the same time they promote Taco video’s on their official Facebook... that makes no sence

If you are a game company, you want to promote content creators even if you aren't condoning them. The two-way promotion helps you just as much as it helps them. It's a fine distinction, but it does exist.

TacO is fine, countless people are using it all the time and they have not been banned. Therefore the bans were for other pieces of software not TaCO. The same goes for ArcDPS.

Posts on the _other_ forum threads about this ban confirm this.

However, future versions of ArcDPS or TacO may breach the ToS, that's why ArenaNet say that you use them at your own risk.

they somewhat already have,TaCo:

![](https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EnJg-RYUwWA/WPoXp3j9SnI/AAAAAAAAApg/4h1oWVUm3HU7wn5HNNL62UEoTTUQAoMWwCLcB/s1600/tacolegit.png "")

Do you need help finding your way through the #GW2SAB Tribulation mode? Tekkit's Workshop has a #GW2 video for you: https://t.co/IWiMgrrxNr

— Guild Wars 2 (@GuildWars2) April 14, 2017

ArcDPS

Alot of ppl use ArcDPS and TaCo and are not banned,those who got banned in the recent wave are cheaters using more the arcdps or taco(probly chainloading gear check and other cheats dll with arc,then come crying on the forums that was banned for "only using arcdps")

now if these program devs decide to pull an BGDM in the future(rip BGDM ) then would be a different story.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> Here's my official position: Don't use _any_ third party software with this game, ever.

You do realise that if you're looking up something GW2 related in your browser you're already using a 3d party software, one could even argue that using this software gives you an unfair advantage over those who don't so do you think that it's reasonable to expect everyone to not use ther browser anymore?

> @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > > > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

> > > Maybe Anet should sell approved 3rd party GW2 mice. They have no buttons, no scrollwheel and no optics just to be 100% macro safe.

> > >

> >

> > "They look a lot like bricks with a GW2 logo on them, are they bricks? I'll take two!" :)

> >

> > > @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > > > > Blaming Anet for the tizzy that people are creating for themselves makes no sense.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1583 accounts got suspended. More than 1583 people use taco. It can be inferred that simply using taco won't get you banned. It's that easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unless in some cases TACO triggered false positive result for anet.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe on some cases their mouse drivers caused false positive too, they probably shouldn't use a mouse. ;)

> > >

> > > Well i have installed TacO and the driver for my gaming mouse for SAB tribulation, and guess what.I have been banned. I never installed ARCdps or any software.I guess i should go and search for an old mouse with 2 buttons.

> >

> > Did you use any macro functions to bind multiple actions to a single button press, like for dodge jumping?

>

> Yes, and this gave me, the hammer ban. But still...6 months for a little double jump in SAB...

So it wasn't the mouse software it was the fact that you used it to bind two actions to a single mouse button.

Assuming that was the only reason it seems a little harsh (to me) to hand out a six month ban for that when others have received the same ban for teleport hacks in WvW but it is against the ToS.