Missing Forum buttons

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Healix.5819" said:

> > > Both the report button and the scroll buttons on the index require javascript to see. You can press F12 to open your browser's console, which may tell you what's failing. Try clearing your browser's cache / press ctrl+F5.

> >

> > Yep Java is up to date..

>

> This might be the issue. Java is no longer part of Sun, but is published under the GNU license. This means anyone can make updates and release them, without any control. This can lead to pretty nasty situations, believe me.

> It also means that running the latest version isnt always the best either. I would suggest going back to Java 7, and slowly upgrading it to an 8 version, then a 9 version and then a lower 10 version to see which one kills these buttons.

> If 7 doesnt run it properly, then skip it, cause it is unlikely that later ones will work

Interesting info.. tho java has been running fine on the previous version for some time now.. Java only updated to the new version on Tuesday this week, which is 4 days after the issue arose, so not sure this is the issue.. but will downgrade and see..

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> The forums don't use Java, and JavaScript isn't the same thing as Java, they just happen to have the same name. Their code simply isn't compatible with Internet Explorer. They could easily fix it, but if they don't, you can only either accept it, or use a different browser.

Just checked with IE11 and I can confirm both the circles in the recent posts section and the bottom breadcrumb are missing. :P

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> This is SO very helpful, folks! Thank you for sharing your experiences. I will be forwarding to our Web Systems Analyst to see if he has any insights on what may be going on.

Thanks Gaile.. its defo got something to do with IE as android / chrome etc seem to be fine.. but I use IE as I am sure others do as well.. not a google fan :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this weird. I now have part of the problems OP had: 3 fixed Latest News articles and I am missing the 3 small circle buttons to move forward or back on the latest ANET posts. I still have the Report function. It worked fine for me when OP originally had this issue, I even posted in this thread about Firefox, Chrome and Edge not having this issue but IE had. **Anyone else missing the three dots suddenly?** The only thing changed I think is a new version of Firefox, I am now on 60.0.

> @"Rose Solane.1027" said:

> OK, this weird. I now have part of the problems OP had: 3 fixed Latest News articles and I am missing the 3 small circle buttons to move forward or back on the latest ANET posts. I still have the Report function. It worked fine for me when OP originally had this issue, I even posted in this thread about Firefox, Chrome and Edge not having this issue but IE had. **Anyone else missing the three dots suddenly?** The only thing changed I think is a new version of Firefox, I am now on 60.0.

The Dev Carousel is wonky; it eats posts quite often. If there are only 3 posts in the Carousel (as there are at this time), the navigation buttons will not be available. They should reappear once the Devs post to bring the count up to 4 (or more), again.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Rose Solane.1027" said:

> > OK, this weird. I now have part of the problems OP had: 3 fixed Latest News articles and I am missing the 3 small circle buttons to move forward or back on the latest ANET posts. I still have the Report function. It worked fine for me when OP originally had this issue, I even posted in this thread about Firefox, Chrome and Edge not having this issue but IE had. **Anyone else missing the three dots suddenly?** The only thing changed I think is a new version of Firefox, I am now on 60.0.

>

> The Dev Carousel is wonky; it eats posts quite often. If there are only 3 posts in the Carousel (as there are at this time), the navigation buttons will not be available. They should reappear once the Devs post to bring the count up to 4 (or more), again.

That is an explanation I had not thought off. I will patiently wait for the 4th dev post :)

Everything seems to be working as is for me since Gaile got Vanilla on the case.

Weird thing was I was also getting a similar issue with Metabattle in that I was having to use Edge to get Metabattle to display build info as IE just wouldn't let load them , just left large areas blank, but the latest Feature Update fixed that it seems.

Beginning to wonder if IE is starting to lose its edge.. pardon the pun :)

> ~ahem~ Posting here to add another comment, so we can see how it shows up in the Dev Tracker.

>

> For those not following this small bug/issue, ignore this post, it's just a placeholder. :D

It did not fix the issue of the Dev Carousel eating posts; it seems it only wishes to show 3 posts at this time, the third one way back from May 9th.

I don't know why it gets 'stuck' sometimes. It often eats posts, though, and will leave one from several days back.

> ~ahem~ Posting here to add another comment, so we can see how it shows up in the Dev Tracker.

>

> For those not following this small bug/issue, ignore this post, it's just a placeholder. :D

4 dots and 10 Latest ArenaNet posts this morning. I think the forum has a full belly :D There are some peculiarities with the forum. But I am happy nothing is wrong with my browser :)