Epidemic in raids needs to be nerfed

Imho If weavers want damage they should have to play sword. It was silly their highest damage weapon was also ranged and had some of the biggest cleave. Regardless of rotation. I hope to see it's single target around or sub 30k on non huge hitboxes.

Besides doesn't sword , both power and condi, sit around 33-34k with an easier rotation and less prone to damage dropoff from enemy movement ?

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> Besides doesn't sword , both power and condi, sit around 33-34k with an easier rotation and less prone to damage dropoff from enemy movement ?

Its 32k.

But why play sword if you can also play staff, which has still more DPS, adds really good cleave and has the option to range if necessary.

Condi Weaver gets to 1500 (?) toughness during its rotation.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Being in meta isn't the same as being broken.

> > > Well, the fact it has (near) always been one of the chosen few (read: 4 out of 9 classes) to always be in the meta, is already a sign of it being broken!

> >

> > No, it isn't.

> >

> > > @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > > No class should ever have that privilege or all classes should!

> >

> > Agreed, but this only means there were balance issues *somewhere*, not necessarily with ele. There have been times where the damage output was too high, but it most certainly was not all the time. Last time ele was actually too high was right after PoF launch and even then it wasn't the most OP thing (hint: there were Firebrands and later Mirages).

> >

> > P.S. Besides. Prior to the last patch each and every profession had at least one usable dps build, with Thief being somewhat lackluster. The current balance simply swapped the roles of Necro and Thief, making the lackluster class broken and the broken class lackluster.

>

> > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > An update on this:

> > The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

>

> Just thought to leave this here.

So MS becomes useless and so does ele. Noice.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> Imho If weavers want damage they should have to play sword. It was silly their highest damage weapon was also ranged and had some of the biggest cleave. Regardless of rotation. I hope to see it's single target around or sub 30k on non huge hitboxes.

>

> Besides doesn't sword , both power and condi, sit around 33-34k with an easier rotation and less prone to damage dropoff from enemy movement ?

Nah, that's just wrong. Sword is WAY more survivable. It doesn't make sense to *also* have more damage. Besides, if I'm going to jump around like a clown to deal my damage, I'd rather play Mirage. So much more relaxed and SO much more reliable.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> Imho If weavers want damage they should have to play sword. It was silly their highest damage weapon was also ranged and had some of the biggest cleave. Regardless of rotation. I hope to see it's single target around or sub 30k on non huge hitboxes.

>

Honnestly, I think that scepter or dagger deserve more the top dps spot than sword, but, all in all I think what you write would be for the best. Staff, and more accurately aoe damage, should not top dps on single target whatever the rotation implied. I'm ok with large target taking more damage from aoe (even if it's almost an elementalist's exclusivity) but not small target.

Ideally, scepter should be above staff dps on small single target, dagger should be slightly above scepter (due to the melee risk) and sword (defensive melee weapon) should be roughly at the same level of dps as the staff on small target.

NB.: Guess it's time to buff shatterstone again.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Nah, that's just wrong. Sword is WAY more survivable. It doesn't make sense to *also* have more damage. Besides, if I'm going to jump around like a clown to deal my damage, I'd rather play Mirage. So much more relaxed and SO much more reliable.

No. It does make a lot of sense that Sword should do more damage. Weaver in its current state is still broken. Having an AoE- and zerker-based ranged weapon as BiS-choice is ludicrous game-design. It's the main reason why Weaver is literally meta everywhere, besides raids especially also in fractals. Sword should be the way to go for Single-Target-DPS due to its drawbacks of being melee- and single-target-focused. Survivability isn't an argument for instanced PvE due to having healers. It's an argument you can bring in PvP or open-world-PvE. Nonetheless, being a melee-weapon, increased survivability is justified. Staff can still be BiS on huge hitbox, but Sword should simply outshine Staff by a large margin at small hitboxes. The only real argument for Weavers strong dps in instanced PvE is more or less complexity and even here, you have to evaluate by which degree you should take complexity into consideration.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Relax, it is only going to be meta for 4 more days. Then MS will lose 60% damage and weaver will be trash.

Nobody wants Weaver to be trash. People just want it to be more in line with other professions and that even includes a slighty higher dps due to the more complex rotation.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Relax, it is only going to be meta for 4 more days. Then MS will lose 60% damage and weaver will be trash.

>

> Nobody wants Weaver to be trash. People just want it to be more in line with other professions and that even includes a slighty higher dps due to the more complex rotation.

Which makes it trash. See the history of condi engi for reference.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Relax, it is only going to be meta for 4 more days. Then MS will lose 60% damage and weaver will be trash.

>

> Nobody wants Weaver to be trash. People just want it to be more in line with other professions and that even includes a slighty higher dps due to the more complex rotation.

Slightly higher means it will just be played by enthusiasts. Noone will spend 3x the effort for 10% dps advantage when played at full potential.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > Relax, it is only going to be meta for 4 more days. Then MS will lose 60% damage and weaver will be trash.

> >

> > Nobody wants Weaver to be trash. People just want it to be more in line with other professions and that even includes a slighty higher dps due to the more complex rotation.

>

> Slightly higher means it will just be played by enthusiasts. Noone will spend 3x the effort for 10% dps advantage when played at full potential.

10% (or even make it 15% at max.) would be totally ok since the current Weaver-build has the advantage of being a zerker- and AoE-based ranged dps-build (huge hitbox, high cleave, etc.). Sure, you're at a disadvantage on several bosses who don't feature adds or who don't have a huge hitbox, but at bosses who do, the overall dps will be higher than the isolated single-target dps. That's why I think making Sword/X or maybe something else entirely should be the BiS-build for single-target-dps.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Relax, it is only going to be meta for 4 more days. Then MS will lose 60% damage and weaver will be trash.

> > >

> > > Nobody wants Weaver to be trash. People just want it to be more in line with other professions and that even includes a slighty higher dps due to the more complex rotation.

> >

> > Slightly higher means it will just be played by enthusiasts. Noone will spend 3x the effort for 10% dps advantage when played at full potential.

>

> 10% (or even make it 15% at max.) would be totally ok since the current Weaver-build has the advantage of being a zerker- and AoE-based ranged dps-build (huge hitbox, high cleave, etc.). Sure, you're at a disadvantage on several bosses who don't feature adds or who don't have a huge hitbox, but at bosses who do, the overall dps will be higher than the isolated single-target dps. That's why I think making Sword/X or maybe something else entirely should be the BiS-build for single-target-dps.

What does any of this have to do with epi? Just let the thread die and stop QQing about changes, it wont do anything.