Please allows us to change the backgrounds in 'Char Select'!

I can't be the only one who doesn't really like just how dark and flushed the new background screen and lighting are, right? I prefer having something a bit more bright, capable of showing off our character in a better light rather than darken all the details. I think it would be possible for ArenaNet to give us such options, given that we've had three different backgrounds since release, no?

@"Gaile Gray.6029" What are the odds of this becoming a thing? Allow players to select different backgrounds depending on their taste. Many other games do this, and I think it would be a major plus for everyone.

I don't think they'll spend time on something that is of no real benefit. Most people, probably 90% or more (obviously I don't have an official figure, I'm just guessing and pulling numbers out of my ass) spend like 1 or 2 seconds on the character select screen. I know who I want to play as, and I go grab that toon.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I actually like the current background. Sure, it's a bit dark, but something about it and its lighting makes my characters look more solid and "real." I'd like to have the feet more visible, though.

I think it's because the "ambient" lighting is lower, so you can see the curves and whatnot of your character better. (And no, I wasn't particularly thinking of *those* curves. Just the fact that, for example, the character's face isn't "flat".)

> @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > I don't think they'll spend time on something that is of no real benefit.

>

> They recently added a new feature which allowed you to sit in a chair. Sit. In. Chair.

>

With an achievement tied to it, it's not just "sitting in a chair". Although... yeah it kinda is. But people will get more use out of sitting in chairs than modifying the CS background. Roleplaying and all that.

> @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > > I don't think they'll spend time on something that is of no real benefit.

> >

> > They recently added a new feature which allowed you to sit in a chair. Sit. In. Chair.

> >

>

> With an achievement tied to it, it's not just "sitting in a chair". Although... yeah it kinda is. But people will get more use out of sitting in chairs than modifying the CS background. Roleplaying and all that.

to bad it doesn't work on places where we actually need chairs....like in a bar.....outside cities.....

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > > > I don't think they'll spend time on something that is of no real benefit.

> > >

> > > They recently added a new feature which allowed you to sit in a chair. Sit. In. Chair.

> > >

> >

> > With an achievement tied to it, it's not just "sitting in a chair". Although... yeah it kinda is. But people will get more use out of sitting in chairs than modifying the CS background. Roleplaying and all that.

>

> to bad it doesn't work on places where we actually need chairs....like in a bar.....outside cities.....

I was a couple of days late searching for the chairs, and there was one that I had a hard time finding.

Well, no. It was easy to find. It was hard to find one that wasn't in a pub being sat in for RP purposes.