New Current Events: I'm lost

3 events;

1) Survey

2) Portal Invasion on Southson - it helps if you have your portal detector from the last CE

3) Look for debris (check with Ninn first at your home instance)

The 2nd two wont unlock in the achievement panel until you actually do/start them

Yes Anet have gone back to not giving us any info on them despite the converse feedback all through LS3. However, Ninn in your home instance will basically tell you what is needed to do

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

> http://dulfy.net/2018/04/24/gw2-april-24-current-events-achievements-guide/

>

> I only see "Survey on Subjects of Important", which I just finished. But the follow-up events on that page do not show up under Current Events. Are they secret achievements that unlock once done? Or am I missing something?

For some odd reason Anet seems to think that a few cryptic clues in the patch notes is the best was to promote player participation in these events.

Checked in with Ninn - asked to go looking for debris - went and found debris - nothing.

Could be bugged, could be that you need to find the debris in a certain order and one is not registering and you have to wait a month for Anet to let everyone know and fix it - who knows?

The only thing for certain is that you won't find any useful information or pointers in game.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> 3 events;

>

> 1) Survey

> 2) Portal Invasion on Southson - it helps if you have your portal detector from the last CE

> 3) Look for debris (check with Ninn first at your home instance)

>

> The 2nd two wont unlock in the achievement panel until you actually do/start them

>

> Yes Anet have gone back to not giving us any info on them despite the converse feedback all through LS3. However, Ninn in your home instance will basically tell you what is needed to do

Ah, great. I was confused that Dulfy didn't mention the follow-ups were hidden achievement. Thanks! :)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > 3 events;

> >

> > 1) Survey

> > 2) Portal Invasion on Southson - it helps if you have your portal detector from the last CE

> > 3) Look for debris (check with Ninn first at your home instance)

> >

> > The 2nd two wont unlock in the achievement panel until you actually do/start them

> >

> > Yes Anet have gone back to not giving us any info on them despite the converse feedback all through LS3. However, Ninn in your home instance will basically tell you what is needed to do

>

> Ah, great. I was confused that Dulfy didn't mention the follow-ups were hidden achievement. Thanks! :)

The above is accurate except for 3) Ninn will only give you the new dialogue after you have completed an invasion event (anywhere will do) and gotten the new achievement Reawakened Threat.

Thereafter, I'm as lost as you as finding the debris after checking back with Ninn doesn't do anything and appears to be bugged for some.

I generally only listen to the NPCs and from there usually figure out everything. But I can understand that it gets confusing when there arent big markers along the route to point you in the right direction. (like the rest of storydriven content.)

I think the biggest problem usually arises when an event is involved as they are on timers. And while they do take place, the step from trad. quest style "talk to NPC here bring object there" to "wait for an event here because thats how events work" isnt always clear.

The dialogue your character is along the lines of "awakened have been seen east of here, maybe" and "I will investigate the area" which I understood as: IF theres more to this, there should be an event here, its obviously not up now, I come back later. I obviously then checked if there was actually more without looking into the specific steps as I like to mostly figure it out myself. Event timers sadly are very annoying and those I pretty much always look up. Even the Tracking items you usually get arent very precise and you can get stuck waiting in an area for a significant time or simply missing it entirely.

I really think an ingame timer with something along the lines of morning, noon, afternoon, dawn, dusk and midnight to tie such events to would be alot clearer and easier for players to track such events ingame. Especially as the day/night time is exactly 2 hours I believe. And make the whole "figuring out what to do" a bit clearer.

Although it might not be worth the effort as I think most people just look up the guide to complete it as fast as possible rather than looking too deep into subtle NPC dialogue hints.

> @"Daroon.1736" said:

> The above is accurate except for 3) Ninn will only give you the new dialogue after you have completed an invasion event (anywhere will do) and gotten the new achievement Reawakened Threat.

Wait. I need to do an event outside of Southsun Cove first, then talk to Ninn before I can do "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion"?? So those are _not_ hidden after all but require those pre-requisites?

Because I am currently waiting at Southsun Cove for "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion", as I thought you guys said those were hidden.

So which one is it? :o

> > @"Daroon.1736" said:

> > The above is accurate except for 3) Ninn will only give you the new dialogue after you have completed an invasion event (anywhere will do) and gotten the new achievement Reawakened Threat.

>

> Wait. I need to do an event outside of Southsun Cove first, then talk to Ninn before I can do "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion"?? So those are _not_ hidden after all but require those pre-requisites?

>

> Because I am currently waiting at Southsun Cove for "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion", as I thought you guys said those were hidden.

>

> So which one is it? :o

Here's what I did:

Went to Southsun Cove and talked to the new NPCs. Waited around until we figured out that Invasions had changed and that the next one coming up was in Southsun Cove. Did the Southsun Cove invasion (and killed the new Awakened boss at the end of it), and got the Lost Invasion/Reawakened Threat achievements. Then, I went and talked to Ninn, which unlocked the achievement for finding the debris back in Southsun.

And yes, Reawakened Threat and Lost Invasion are hidden achievements that only show up after you complete them, after you've killed the Remnant Awakened Champion (which appears in ANY invasion now) and/or do the new invasion in Southsun Cove.

> > @"Daroon.1736" said:

> > The above is accurate except for 3) Ninn will only give you the new dialogue after you have completed an invasion event (anywhere will do) and gotten the new achievement Reawakened Threat.

>

> Wait. I need to do an event outside of Southsun Cove first, then talk to Ninn before I can do "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion"?? So those are _not_ hidden after all but require those pre-requisites?

>

> Because I am currently waiting at Southsun Cove for "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion", as I thought you guys said those were hidden.

>

> So which one is it? :o

The invasion achievements appear after you complete them- ie hidden until you done them. You do not need to do anything outside of Southson, however the portal device from the last CE will identify when Southson is next up since they are on a map rotation

The debris one appears after that once you have spoken to Ninn and then found 1 piece of debris

What Daroon is saying which isn't conflicting, is that Ninn can't be spoken to for the debris bit after the Reawakened Threat one is done. That will allow you to do the debris finding achievement

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Daroon.1736" said:

> > > The above is accurate except for 3) Ninn will only give you the new dialogue after you have completed an invasion event (anywhere will do) and gotten the new achievement Reawakened Threat.

> >

> > Wait. I need to do an event outside of Southsun Cove first, then talk to Ninn before I can do "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion"?? So those are _not_ hidden after all but require those pre-requisites?

> >

> > Because I am currently waiting at Southsun Cove for "Reawakened Threat" and "Lost Invasion", as I thought you guys said those were hidden.

> >

> > So which one is it? :o

>

> The invasion achievements appear after you complete them- ie hidden until you done them. You do not need to do anything outside of Southson, however the portal device from the last CE will identify when Southson is next up since they are on a map rotation

>

> The debris one appears after that once you have spoken to Ninn and then found 1 piece of debris

>

> What Daroon is saying which isn't conflicting, is that Ninn can't be spoken to for the debris bit after the Reawakened Threat one is done. That will allow you to do the debris finding achievement

Not entirely true - I got lost invasion and reawakened threat in Queensdale also

I have spoken to Ninn - he told me to go find debris - I went and found debris (5 and got map reward) and diddly squat else happened.

Bears FTW!> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> So I did the event and went and talked to him and then found the debris in order, but now he is stuck at the part where I can only ask him questions? Is he bugged?

Did she give you the dialogue about needing a day to work on the new device?

Oh, and, bears FTW!

> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> So I did the event and went and talked to him and then found the debris in order, but now he is stuck at the part where I can only ask him questions? Is he bugged?

No, you need to wait for the daily server reset. He tells you that he needs a day. ;)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Hmm. I didn't talk to her until after I interacted with the item on the teeter-totter (in Salma District). Maybe some have missed that item to interact with?

I did this in the Charr home instance, so I have no idea what item you might be referring to (Ninn's finished report?). And who is "she", by the way?

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> Bears FTW!> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > So I did the event and went and talked to him and then found the debris in order, but now he is stuck at the part where I can only ask him questions? Is he bugged?

>

> Did she give you the dialogue about needing a day to work on the new device?

>

> Oh, and, bears FTW!

Not after I collected the debris. After doing a second event to spawn the debris I went back to her to talk to her and went through the options and then went and collected the 5 debris and no next dialogue. My friend who took the same steps I did was able to turn in the debris and got told to come back tomorrow.

> > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > So I did the event and went and talked to him and then found the debris in order, but now he is stuck at the part where I can only ask him questions? Is he bugged?

>

> No, you need to wait for the daily server reset. He tells you that he needs a day. ;)

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Hmm. I didn't talk to her until after I interacted with the item on the teeter-totter (in Salma District). Maybe some have missed that item to interact with?

>

> I did this in the Charr home instance, so I have no idea what item you might be referring to (Ninn's finished report?). And who is "she", by the way?

My friend and I followed the same steps and he was able to turn in the debris and I wasn't. I checked and definitely have the achievement completed. =/ Ill check after reset today! Thanks!

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Sorry, him; Asura can be gender-confusing.

Tsk tsk tsk. ;)

> I mean the Data Pad. It matters not which Home Instance you enter.

Yep, that's the item I meant. It contains the final report. I don't believe, though, that interacting with it is mandatory for progress.