Do you see the story of GW expanding or transitioning to a GW 3 in the future?

Cyrin.1035

• ArenaNet Staff

Well...

When I inadvisedly came in to work after taking my migraine meds and was kind of loopy, I DID say that the sequel to GW2 should be:

>! A spaceship shows up. A bunch of humans in extremely fetching spacesuits disembark and address the gawking crowds, saying, "We think a bunch of gods from our planet came here. Have you seen them, by any chance?"

>!

>! The Tyrian humans are rather taken aback. The space humans look around and are like, "Yep, chaos everywhere: they've clearly been here. Man, once those jerks left our planet we figured out how to end war, poverty, hunger, disease, all that stuff, but then we started worrying that when they left OUR planet, they went to someone ELSE'S."

>!

>! A Tyrian human, still trying to work through her astonishment and confusion, blurts, "Well, they were here, but they left."

>!

>! The space humans sigh in annoyance. "Okay, fine, get in. Let's go find those wretches before they wreck anyone else's world."

>!

>! And then you go on a magical space adventure together.

But for SOME reason, we're not making that game.

> @"Jessica Price II.9813" said:

> Well...

>

> When I inadvisedly came in to work after taking my migraine meds and was kind of loopy, I DID say that the sequel to GW2 should be:

>

> >! A spaceship shows up. A bunch of humans in extremely fetching spacesuits disembark and address the gawking crowds, saying, "We think a bunch of gods from our planet came here. Have you seen them, by any chance?"

> >!

> >! The Tyrian humans are rather taken aback. The space humans look around and are like, "Yep, chaos everywhere: they've clearly been here. Man, once those jerks left our planet we figured out how to end war, poverty, hunger, disease, all that stuff, but then we started worrying that when they left OUR planet, they went to someone ELSE'S."

> >!

> >! A Tyrian human, still trying to work through her astonishment and confusion, blurts, "Well, they were here, but they left."

> >!

> >! The space humans sigh in annoyance. "Okay, fine, get in. Let's go find those wretches before they wreck anyone else's world."

> >!

> >! And then you go on a magical space adventure together.

>

> But for SOME reason, we're not making that game.

Bet they all secretly thought it was a brilliant idea though and were just jealous they didn't think of it first

> Well...

>

> When I inadvisedly came in to work after taking my migraine meds and was kind of loopy, I DID say that the sequel to GW2 should be:

>

> >! A spaceship shows up. A bunch of humans in extremely fetching spacesuits disembark and address the gawking crowds, saying, "We think a bunch of gods from our planet came here. Have you seen them, by any chance?"

> >!

> >! The Tyrian humans are rather taken aback. The space humans look around and are like, "Yep, chaos everywhere: they've clearly been here. Man, once those jerks left our planet we figured out how to end war, poverty, hunger, disease, all that stuff, but then we started worrying that when they left OUR planet, they went to someone ELSE'S."

> >!

> >! A Tyrian human, still trying to work through her astonishment and confusion, blurts, "Well, they were here, but they left."

> >!

> >! The space humans sigh in annoyance. "Okay, fine, get in. Let's go find those wretches before they wreck anyone else's world."

> >!

>

Am I the only one that is incredibly sad this ISN'T the GW3 we are getting?

> @"erebuss.5294" said:

> > @"Jessica Price II.9813" said:

> > Well...

> >

> > When I inadvisedly came in to work after taking my migraine meds and was kind of loopy, I DID say that the sequel to GW2 should be:

> >

> > >! A spaceship shows up. A bunch of humans in extremely fetching spacesuits disembark and address the gawking crowds, saying, "We think a bunch of gods from our planet came here. Have you seen them, by any chance?"

> > >!

> > >! The Tyrian humans are rather taken aback. The space humans look around and are like, "Yep, chaos everywhere: they've clearly been here. Man, once those jerks left our planet we figured out how to end war, poverty, hunger, disease, all that stuff, but then we started worrying that when they left OUR planet, they went to someone ELSE'S."

> > >!

> > >! A Tyrian human, still trying to work through her astonishment and confusion, blurts, "Well, they were here, but they left."

> > >!

> > >! The space humans sigh in annoyance. "Okay, fine, get in. Let's go find those wretches before they wreck anyone else's world."

> > >!

> > >! And then you go on a magical space adventure together.

> >

> > But for SOME reason, we're not making that game.

>

> Am I the only one that is incredibly sad this ISN'T the GW3 we are getting?

I cry myself to sleep every night because of this

> Well...

>

>

> >!

> >!

> >!

> >!

>

And I thought only I had that kind of ideas... Space expansion would also be nice, no need to jump to GW3. ;D

> Well...

>

>

> >!

> >!

> >!

> >!

>

April fools DLC right there money in your pocket from me.

> Well...

>

>

> >!

> >!

> >!

> >!

>

why isn't that kind of humor in GW2 LS? :lol:

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Jessica Price II.9813" Not that I'd be one to share office rumors, but...

>! I heard the stumbling block to your idea stemmed from the heated debate about what comprised a "fetching" spacesuit. As I recall, there were quite a few stick figures drawn, an assortment of heated words exchanged (principally about whether feather boas were de rigueur or passé), but in the end, the whole thing came down to a variant of Fashion Wars III, right? :D

Not that I'd want anyone to know that, of course. ;)

> Well...

>

>

> >!

> >!

> >!

> >!

>

Honestly one of the best premises for a story I've ever read. You should totally do it.