Best way to earn geodes

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > Thanks for all the tips! I'm up to only needing two more insects, and 10 more recipes. I've completed the WvW track now three times, working on number 4. It's slow going for a non-WvWer, but it's a lot faster than doing events in Dry Top.

> >

> > I am also taking all my level 80 toons through mapping it. Once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty quickly.

> >

> > However, I still haven't seen a tier 6. Yesterday, there were quite a few tier 5s, because it was event day. I'm going to save up for my last 10 until either I see a tier 6 (with 3400), or when I have 4000. With 4000, I only need tier 5.

> >

> > I wish they would let you sell the insects, though. The real gate is the geodes, so the insects become garbage once you get the last one.

> >

> > Anyhow, thanks to all!

>

> EU community organise T6 once a week.

Do you when? (Like, what time and day, and what time zone?)

Thank you!

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > > Thanks for all the tips! I'm up to only needing two more insects, and 10 more recipes. I've completed the WvW track now three times, working on number 4. It's slow going for a non-WvWer, but it's a lot faster than doing events in Dry Top.

> > >

> > > I am also taking all my level 80 toons through mapping it. Once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty quickly.

> > >

> > > However, I still haven't seen a tier 6. Yesterday, there were quite a few tier 5s, because it was event day. I'm going to save up for my last 10 until either I see a tier 6 (with 3400), or when I have 4000. With 4000, I only need tier 5.

> > >

> > > I wish they would let you sell the insects, though. The real gate is the geodes, so the insects become garbage once you get the last one.

> > >

> > > Anyhow, thanks to all!

> >

> > EU community organise T6 once a week.

>

> Do you when? (Like, what time and day, and what time zone?)

>

> Thank you!

Join the EU cimmunity team speak, they have the information you need in the channel. Or you can contact the organizer for it (Mysterious Poetjuh).

TS address is -- ts.gw2community.com

Drytop T6 Friday 18.00 CEST. EU servers

https://gw2c-events.jimdo.com/core-tyria-events/dry-top/

Hope this helps ??

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > black lion chests sometimes give those special boxes where u can get 200 or 300 geodes i dont remember the exact number

>

> 300 geodes is an option from the [Tyrian Exchange Voucher](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher).

>

yeah this one ^^^. i don't know why i said box lmfao.

but be warned, this voucher thingy is kinda rare... i get like 2 per 25 chests open. if u have $$$ lying around... go for it

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > If you have several characters, or have an *abundance* of Tomes and an open character slot, you can do map completion for 100 geodes each time. It's pretty fast with mounts!

>

> That's how I did it.

Me too ?

Artemis and Mewcifer, I think I'm going down that path partway. I have 27 regulars I run, but only 16 of those are level 80 (so far). Of those, 11 more need to finish mapping it, so that's 1100 right there. By the time I get through those, I'll probably have enough geodes from farming WvW to push me over the top.

All good ideas above, folks! Thank you all very much!

• 1 month later...

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> Update: I'm almost to 4000 geodes now, but still haven't found a tier 6. So, I'm going to work for a t5 and just waste the other 600.

>

> Thanks for all the help!

Awesome! That's the best map completion ever! Gratz on getting those completed.

I found the clubber in the top right of the old crossroad a good sources of geodes.

In the fungal wastes theres also a respawning rampaging shroom.

You can also look for more seals to trade for geodes, but each subsequent seal becomes worth a little less.

If you're sure about your abilities you can also carry Fragile Greed into the depths

> @"Jonboy.6130" said:

> Chest farms and the meta event in Silverwastes give a fair amount of geodes as well via silky sand

If anyone doesn't know, look in the LFG system for a "RIBA" group in the SilverWastes. Those are the events organized to maximize your reward rate, and will give goodly amounts of sand, plus all the other rewards.