[Suggestion] Disable HOSTILE Area of Effect Rings

Zoe.8310

Currently, there is a game option to "Disable Area of Effect Rings" in the general section. It would be far more helpful if this was broken into FRIENDLY and HOSTILE options. There are many encounters where I care about the enem rings, but everything is all muddied up by the rings created by friendly/party/team/squad rings.

This could assist in making encounters much easier to visually read.

Thanks!

> @"Zoe.8310" said:

> Currently, there is a game option to "Disable Area of Effect Rings" in the general section. It would be far more helpful if this was broken into FRIENDLY and HOSTILE options. There are many encounters where I care about the enem rings, but everything is all muddied up by the rings created by friendly/party/team/squad rings.

>

> This could assist in making encounters much easier to visually read.

>

> Thanks!

HELL YES! THIS!

This seems pretty useless to me- hostile rings are usually quite obvious. If party/squad members are putting their rings in 'hostile' territory that's a l2p issue if you are supposed to benefit from them, e.g. chrono wells, guardian consecrations.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> This seems pretty useless to me- hostile rings are usually quite obvious. If party/squad members are putting their rings in 'hostile' territory that's a l2p issue if you are supposed to benefit from them, e.g. chrono wells, guardian consecrations.

Useless in small parties, useful during open world meta events when 50+ people place AoEs on the ground...

Are you telling me that you choose to stand in a hostile aoe in order to (possibly, considering the target limit) get a marginal benefit from a friendly aoe? Something this game is very good at, is teaching you from early levels NOT to stand inside red rings. Like i said, it's a l2p issue either on the placer of the friendly aoe or the recipients.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> Are you telling me that you choose to stand in a hostile aoe in order to (possibly, considering the target limit) get a marginal benefit from a friendly aoe? Something this game is very good at, is teaching you from early levels NOT to stand inside red rings. Like i said, it's a l2p issue either on the placer of the friendly aoe or the recipients.

you know it isnt about standing in rings right?

with a daily event completer the other day a few engineers and enough lack of computer power on my side meant i dropped to 8 fps fighting an enemy (which, btw, enemy in question didn't use hostile aoe rings cus it didnt have any attacks like that) due to the sheer amount of friendly aoe rings that loaded...and i usually have a stable 30-40 fps in core tyria. >>

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> This seems pretty useless to me- hostile rings are usually quite obvious. If party/squad members are putting their rings in 'hostile' territory that's a l2p issue if you are supposed to benefit from them, e.g. chrono wells, guardian consecrations.

A red field ring looks identical whether it was created by a friend or foe. I am *not* talking about the big opaque orange ground targets that let you know of IMPACT, I am talking about the clear/empty rings that indicated a FIELD, where all you get is a tiny little red ring around the circumference, and it's impossible to tell where that ring came from.

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> A side note: this may also be of significant use to users who are color blind.

I happen to be colorblind, so if there is a color difference between hostile and friendly as of now, I cannot see it.

> @"Zoe.8310" said:

> > @"Neural.1824" said:

> > A side note: this may also be of significant use to users who are color blind.

>

> I happen to be colorblind, so if there is a color difference between hostile and friendly as of now, I cannot see it.

If you can not tell difference between Red and White you have bigger issues then. Suggest you tweak your monitor's color setting or look into getting eye's checked. Every color blind person I know in RL all see white as white.