Can I please loot more boxes ?

There's nothing I enjoy more after a PvP activiy than to be rewarded 4 boxes, which contain more boxes, which contain even more boxes. I just LOVE having my bags full boxes that contain junk and useless blue-green items en-masse, I think we need more of that.

Urhh...

Seriously, this is a great game but I hope someday they'll do a big refont to their looting system, my GW2 bags are a mess.

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> Seriously, this is a great game but I hope someday they'll do a big refont to their looting system, my GW2 bags are a mess.

I disagree. The current system allows me to decide when to deal with loot, instead of getting all the stuff at once, when I have other things on my mind. I'd like to see fewer variations of identically-named boxes, better ways of dealing with only-need-once recipes, better stacking for "choosy" boxes. And I'd like to see ANet continue with the "identified gear" solution from PoF (although that clearly is too generous at the moment).

For example, instead of two each of a dozen or so foe-specific loot boxes for each PvP/WvW reward track, I'd rather see a stack of two dozen of the same box, with a mix of the drop tables of all the foes. But that's about stacking, not about minding the box-within-box bit.

In the meantime, I far prefer getting boxes that contain bags, versus everything dumped into inventory, as happens in a lot of other games (and as happened at launch in this one).

PS Some people claim to like the idea of getting salvaged items instead of the gear, or more stuff dumping into the wallet/mat-storage. Unfortunately, that turns out to work out badly for player satisfaction: if we don't have to deal with the loot, we tend not to notice we're getting it. A good example is spirit shards: these get delivered into the wallet automatically from all sorts of random sources, but because it's automatic, there remain a ton of veterans who don't realize it and get hung up on trying to farm it from other sources.

One advantage of packaging bags inside of boxes is that developers don't have to reinvent the wheel each time they want to design a loot table. For example, each [Thorny Seed Pouch](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thorny_Seed_Pouch "Thorny Seed Pouch") has a pre-vetted loot table which allows the developers to safely select which ones to include, and not worry about messing things up (e.g. leaving out the precursors, adding too many low mats or high mats, etc.).

So when the developers want to give a player a reward, they can choose a vetted bag, some other small guaranteed items, and some gold, then package them into a box (or two) for you to get in your inventory.

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > In the meantime, I far prefer getting boxes that contain bags, versus everything dumped into inventory

>

> Wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't so much junk and worthless items to loot in the first place. :/

But the entire point of trash loot is to make the good loot even better looking by comparison. Its reward mechanics 101..... a "token of nothing" has more psychological value/validation then "just nothing". And since getting rid trash loot WILL NOT result in better drop rates for the good item, you're demanding they give you more "nothing".

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > In the meantime, I far prefer getting boxes that contain bags, versus everything dumped into inventory

>

> Wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't so much junk and worthless items to loot in the first place. :/

Yeah but think of the sense of accomplishment when you get a "rare" item that's worth less than harvesting 3 or 4 wood nodes!

The major problem is there a lack of inventory space for everything the game gives you... equipment, trophies, quest items, sigils, etc... It can be even worst if you don’t own copper fed.

The game could also do a better job of labeling which trophies are safe to sell or salvage.