BG & YB

sorayuki.8906

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words it's not ok when the 2v1 is on them, even though I've seen them do the exact same thing multiple times versus Mag where they ignore each other. Happens everywhere in every tier, might not be often but it depends on the commanders and who they're facing and whether or not they really want to mess with a side or not.

Could BG have went in and maybe wiped YB for you to help you keep your t3 keep? sure.

Could BG have not even interfered in that keep fight and let you defend it? sure.

But if both enemies wanted to break your waypoint and YB was already in and ready to cap it, why would they bother? they can just come back later since it's paper and easily take it.

> @"Lady Sapphirah.6234" said:

> Sing to self.............. LET IT GOOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOO......

>

> YAY que popped!!

I mean, the whole topic of this thread was someone complaining about SoS getting 2v1'd by BG and YB so if you have no issue with that not sure what contribution you're trying to make here.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > > BG and YB seemed to made an agreement to only focus the third server.

> > > YB never touch any BG stuff and BG seems to avoid going after YB stuff as well, at least to some degree.

> > > Both server seems to zerg only the third server's home BLs.

> > > This is at least what I have noticed in the last 2 weeks.

> >

> > YB can't head into Green areas too much, because when you do, even with smaller squads (15-20), you get slapped around by the BG map blob that comes pouring out of every opening and over every wall to send you back to spawn, no matter the time of day.

>

> We use scouts, and usually have roamers/small teams running around that call out when something gets attacked. A group might port over from another map to respond, it does not mean we have 24/7 map blobs on every map.

Well, I didn't say you had a map blob on every map 24/7, just that it shows up even if the enemy group is 1/3 the size.

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > > > BG and YB seemed to made an agreement to only focus the third server.

> > > > YB never touch any BG stuff and BG seems to avoid going after YB stuff as well, at least to some degree.

> > > > Both server seems to zerg only the third server's home BLs.

> > > > This is at least what I have noticed in the last 2 weeks.

> > >

> > > YB can't head into Green areas too much, because when you do, even with smaller squads (15-20), you get slapped around by the BG map blob that comes pouring out of every opening and over every wall to send you back to spawn, no matter the time of day.

> >

> > We use scouts, and usually have roamers/small teams running around that call out when something gets attacked. A group might port over from another map to respond, it does not mean we have 24/7 map blobs on every map.

>

> Well, I didn't say you had a map blob on every map 24/7, just that it shows up even if the enemy group is 1/3 the size.

bg slacks a bit from wednesday though if they make a big lead =)

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > > > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > > > > BG and YB seemed to made an agreement to only focus the third server.

> > > > > YB never touch any BG stuff and BG seems to avoid going after YB stuff as well, at least to some degree.

> > > > > Both server seems to zerg only the third server's home BLs.

> > > > > This is at least what I have noticed in the last 2 weeks.

> > > >

> > > > YB can't head into Green areas too much, because when you do, even with smaller squads (15-20), you get slapped around by the BG map blob that comes pouring out of every opening and over every wall to send you back to spawn, no matter the time of day.

> > >

> > > We use scouts, and usually have roamers/small teams running around that call out when something gets attacked. A group might port over from another map to respond, it does not mean we have 24/7 map blobs on every map.

> >

> > Well, I didn't say you had a map blob on every map 24/7, just that it shows up even if the enemy group is 1/3 the size.

>

> bg slacks a bit from wednesday though if they make a big lead =)

True, but by then it doesn't matter. They could not have anyone log in for the rest of the week and still win because of the lead lol

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > > > > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > > > > > BG and YB seemed to made an agreement to only focus the third server.

> > > > > > YB never touch any BG stuff and BG seems to avoid going after YB stuff as well, at least to some degree.

> > > > > > Both server seems to zerg only the third server's home BLs.

> > > > > > This is at least what I have noticed in the last 2 weeks.

> > > > >

> > > > > YB can't head into Green areas too much, because when you do, even with smaller squads (15-20), you get slapped around by the BG map blob that comes pouring out of every opening and over every wall to send you back to spawn, no matter the time of day.

> > > >

> > > > We use scouts, and usually have roamers/small teams running around that call out when something gets attacked. A group might port over from another map to respond, it does not mean we have 24/7 map blobs on every map.

> > >

> > > Well, I didn't say you had a map blob on every map 24/7, just that it shows up even if the enemy group is 1/3 the size.

> >

> > bg slacks a bit from wednesday though if they make a big lead =)

>

> True, but by then it doesn't matter. They could not have anyone log in for the rest of the week and still win because of the lead lol

hehe so true. the scores can only push so much. based on the scores if they end last from today till reset they will still win. it's gg now.

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > > > BG and YB seemed to made an agreement to only focus the third server.

> > > > YB never touch any BG stuff and BG seems to avoid going after YB stuff as well, at least to some degree.

> > > > Both server seems to zerg only the third server's home BLs.

> > > > This is at least what I have noticed in the last 2 weeks.

> > >

> > > YB can't head into Green areas too much, because when you do, even with smaller squads (15-20), you get slapped around by the BG map blob that comes pouring out of every opening and over every wall to send you back to spawn, no matter the time of day.

> >

> > We use scouts, and usually have roamers/small teams running around that call out when something gets attacked. A group might port over from another map to respond, it does not mean we have 24/7 map blobs on every map.

>

> Well, I didn't say you had a map blob on every map 24/7, just that it shows up even if the enemy group is 1/3 the size.

It's rarely a guild group responding. It's often the float pug tag. They are not going to leave 1/2 the force behind. :lol:

Honestly, the past several matchups, the groups running on other servers have been fairly predictable. BG will protect their third. When a group of 20 show up in range of a watchtower to drop catas agains the wall, of course they are going to respond heavily.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Still can't understand why people don't use watchtower against the server who has it. It's a crutch.....

>

> Also, still can't understand why people build siege in range of ballistas, and ACs.

Siegemastery is something of a lost art in this game. I only know one person on Mag who knows all the siege placements.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Still can't understand why people don't use watchtower against the server who has it. It's a crutch.....

> >

> > Also, still can't understand why people build siege in range of ballistas, and ACs.

>

> Siegemastery is something of a lost art in this game. I only know one person on Mag who knows all the siege placements.

Yeah..

I know people hate 'siege humpers' and hate trying to break the T3s. Easiest way to do it is tap a keep, to pull the scout.

Drop 4 catas out of range of the watchtower, and unload. By the time the scout gets back, wall is either down, or close to it.

Can also throw a wrinkle in and have one player mess with the guards while cata'ing a watchtower structure so they think that's causing the swords..

I dunno.., sometimes people make this game harder than it is.

Once that group with the catas gets into range of the watchtower, the call would go out, pulling a group to fight. So, either PPTers or PPKers get their wish.

> @"Caliburn.1845" said:

> As a notarized card carrying member of the YB leadership. We do not want to be in T1, SoS is welcome to stay in T1.

>

> There is no collusion between BG and YB.

>

> In fact, when you see swords on YB or BG objectives steer clear of them, and go take other YB or BG stuff, preferably YB.

BG - YB - collusion?

I get to laugh today! :P

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > Still can't understand why people don't use watchtower against the server who has it. It's a crutch.....

> > >

> > > Also, still can't understand why people build siege in range of ballistas, and ACs.

> >

> > Siegemastery is something of a lost art in this game. I only know one person on Mag who knows all the siege placements.

>

> Yeah..

>

> I know people hate 'siege humpers' and hate trying to break the T3s. Easiest way to do it is tap a keep, to pull the scout.

>

> Drop 4 catas out of range of the watchtower, and unload. By the time the scout gets back, wall is either down, or close to it.

>

> Can also throw a wrinkle in and have one player mess with the guards while cata'ing a watchtower structure so they think that's causing the swords..

>

> I dunno.., sometimes people make this game harder than it is.

>

> Once that group with the catas gets into range of the watchtower, the call would go out, pulling a group to fight. So, either PPTers or PPKers get their wish.

The real issue with towers is that if they're close enough to a keep you have to consider placements relative to keep trebs and mortars as well as the tower defenses and that's where I think people really start to fail, myself included because there's usually some very narrow strip of land where you can safely build stuff and even then I'll need shield gens. It never ceases to amaze me how much ground inner trebs and mortars can cover from complete safety, particularly on ebg.

Keeps are obnoxious primarily because of how much supply they can hold which means it can take hours to wear one down if it's being competently defended. It has taken me four hours to get into fully supplied t3 keeps before and then you get maybe one or two fights out of it.

I think it's all too much work and I think that's why a lot of commanders just give up on commanding entirely. The fun to annoyance ratio is skewed way too far towards annoyance to be worth the time. It can take hours and hours of dealing with siege just to get an underwhelming fight because very few people seem to even remember how to fight properly anymore. Some servers are so bad at fighting that they won't even attempt to defend things once their siege fails so you can spend hours trying to get into something just to freecap it because all the defenders just leave and go to the next thing and start building siege. It's not fun. Video games are supposed to be fun and siege just ruins this game's fun for everyone except siegemasters and even most of them are gone.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > Still can't understand why people don't use watchtower against the server who has it. It's a crutch.....

> > > >

> > > > Also, still can't understand why people build siege in range of ballistas, and ACs.

> > >

> > > Siegemastery is something of a lost art in this game. I only know one person on Mag who knows all the siege placements.

> >

> > Yeah..

> >

> > I know people hate 'siege humpers' and hate trying to break the T3s. Easiest way to do it is tap a keep, to pull the scout.

> >

> > Drop 4 catas out of range of the watchtower, and unload. By the time the scout gets back, wall is either down, or close to it.

> >

> > Can also throw a wrinkle in and have one player mess with the guards while cata'ing a watchtower structure so they think that's causing the swords..

> >

> > I dunno.., sometimes people make this game harder than it is.

> >

> > Once that group with the catas gets into range of the watchtower, the call would go out, pulling a group to fight. So, either PPTers or PPKers get their wish.

>

> The real issue with towers is that if they're close enough to a keep you have to consider placements relative to keep trebs and mortars as well as the tower defenses and that's where I think people really start to fail, myself included because there's usually some very narrow strip of land where you can safely build stuff and even then I'll need shield gens. It never ceases to amaze me how much ground inner trebs and mortars can cover from complete safety, particularly on ebg.

>

> Keeps are obnoxious primarily because of how much supply they can hold which means it can take hours to wear one down if it's being competently defended. It has taken me four hours to get into fully supplied t3 keeps before and then you get maybe one or two fights out of it.

>

> I think it's all too much work and I think that's why a lot of commanders just give up on commanding entirely. The fun to annoyance ratio is skewed way too far towards annoyance to be worth the time. It can take hours and hours of dealing with siege just to get an underwhelming fight because very few people seem to even remember how to fight properly anymore. Some servers are so bad at fighting that they won't even attempt to defend things once their siege fails so you can spend hours trying to get into something just to freecap it because all the defenders just leave and go to the next thing and start building siege. It's not fun. Video games are supposed to be fun and siege just ruins this game's fun for everyone except siegemasters and even most of them are gone.

Well said. All of it.

> @"sorayuki.8906" said:

> What is going on with these two servers?

Game is dead, T3 keeps are very hard to take nowdays so what commanders do is just to help the other server paper objectives most of the time, this usually results on more activity on the map (which is what guilds/players want), instead of 40 dudes humping ACs on a T3 wall now the servers need to actually fight over the paper objective, forces the defending server to bring a zerg to defend if they actually care about keeping and upgrading the objective, when guilds start their raids they usually just converge on whatver map has the less upgraded objectives (literally nobody wants to deal with T3 cancer and siege), this is very often the weaker server which may look like a 2 v1 but it really isnt is just people trying to have fun on the most packed least sieged up map. The weaker server will always result focused by both server because of how flawed and bad siege and tactivators are, people will just flock to the weakest map in order to get good fights and not spend 2 hours killing idiots on top of a wall. Back in the day when every map was qued this was not an issue, fully upgraded obejectives were a lot easier to take aswell so the game was a more balanced as a 3 way, nowdays u hardly ever find 3 way action on the borderlands it is usually 1 v 1 and the people who owns the T3 keep can just hold on to it indefinitelly with all this tactivator cancer, so commanders just try hit easier targets or focus on double teaming the defenders so they lose the objective and that way the map becomes less stale.

What you see as a 2 v 1 it really isnt, it is just consecuence of the game lacking players and very awfull desing choices making t3 structures and siege way too strong so people dont wanna give it a shot anymore on a 1 v 1, forcing the server in second place to focus the weaker server not the strongest one, since there is not rewards on doing so, it isnt fun to fight siege for hours.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"sorayuki.8906" said:

> > What is going on with these two servers?

>

> Game is dead, T3 keeps are very hard to take nowdays so what commanders do is just to help the other server paper objectives most of the time, this usually results on more activity on the map (which is what guilds/players want), instead of 40 dudes humping ACs on a T3 wall now the servers need to actually fight over the paper objective, forces the defending server to bring a zerg to defend if they actually care about keeping and upgrading the objective, when guilds start their raids they usually just converge on whatver map has the less upgraded objectives (literally nobody wants to deal with T3 cancer and siege), this is very often the weaker server which may look like a 2 v1 but it really isnt is just people trying to have fun on the most packed least sieged up map. The weaker server will always result focused by both server because of how flawed and bad siege and tactivators are, people will just flock to the weakest map in order to get good fights and not spend 2 hours killing idiots on top of a wall. Back in the day when every map was qued this was not an issue, fully upgraded obejectives were a lot easier to take aswell so the game was a more balanced as a 3 way, nowdays u hardly ever find 3 way action on the borderlands it is usually 1 v 1 and the people who owns the T3 keep can just hold on to it indefinitelly with all this tactivator cancer, so commanders just try hit easier targets or focus on double teaming the defenders so they lose the objective and that way the map becomes less stale.

> What you see as a 2 v 1 it really isnt, it is just consecuence of the game lacking players and very awfull desing choices making t3 structures and siege way too strong so people dont wanna give it a shot anymore on a 1 v 1, forcing the server in second place to focus the weaker server not the strongest one, since there is not rewards on doing so, it isnt fun to fight siege for hours.

How is it good fights picking on the weak? That's like saying conor mcgregor is a champion because he choked out stephen hawking.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > Still can't understand why people don't use watchtower against the server who has it. It's a crutch.....

> >

> > Also, still can't understand why people build siege in range of ballistas, and ACs.

>

> Siegemastery is something of a lost art in this game. I only know one person on Mag who knows all the siege placements.

I have to agree, while I hate seeing map blobs sitting on siege instead of trying to come out and fight, I really do appreciate intelligent placement because I like seeing smart game play. It's funny though after over 5 years I am still learning of new tricks heh.

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > > > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > > > > BG and YB seemed to made an agreement to only focus the third server.

> > > > > YB never touch any BG stuff and BG seems to avoid going after YB stuff as well, at least to some degree.

> > > > > Both server seems to zerg only the third server's home BLs.

> > > > > This is at least what I have noticed in the last 2 weeks.

> > > >

> > > > YB can't head into Green areas too much, because when you do, even with smaller squads (15-20), you get slapped around by the BG map blob that comes pouring out of every opening and over every wall to send you back to spawn, no matter the time of day.

> > >

> > > We use scouts, and usually have roamers/small teams running around that call out when something gets attacked. A group might port over from another map to respond, it does not mean we have 24/7 map blobs on every map.

> >

> > Well, I didn't say you had a map blob on every map 24/7, just that it shows up even if the enemy group is 1/3 the size.

>

> It's rarely a guild group responding. It's often the float pug tag. They are not going to leave 1/2 the force behind. :lol:

>

> Honestly, the past several matchups, the groups running on other servers have been fairly predictable. BG will protect their third. When a group of 20 show up in range of a watchtower to drop catas agains the wall, of course they are going to respond heavily.

>

Yea and even if we dont have any tag/organized group its usually just pugs on a map who make a callout for help, so its not like we know how many will show up. Sometimes its enough to defend, sometimes barely anyone is around.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> i have been sos for years.

> this makes no-sense, why beat only the third server, and sit staring at eacher other just to say how awesome they are?

> i think this is most related to a lazy mindset server strategy on YB/BG: "we bored, but too lazy to try anything diferent, lets just beat the weakest".

Kinda think you aren't paying attention to the replies. YB is NOT cooperating with BG. There has been NO coordinated double team. Most of us would prefer you PPT to your hearts content. However, if you think that SoS hasn't backcapped, taken advantage of 3rd server focus, and otherwise done EXACTLY what you are accusing YB/BG of doing, you haven't been paying attention the last several months.