WvW ranger builds

owler.6804

[spreadsheet](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IEUtUUEj1OsTZHpcj6NXHwacneXOhqKLWnp_gcj4AYA/edit#gid=0 "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IEUtUUEj1OsTZHpcj6NXHwacneXOhqKLWnp_gcj4AYA/edit#gid=0")

Hey guys,

I´m a ranger main playing on Kodash[DE]. Most of the time you can find me roaming solo/duo or in public zerks.

Some weeks ago I made a spreadsheet to improve the overall ranger gameplay on my server. I know most commanders don´t want rangers in their squad, but there are a lot of casual players not switching classes for their commander. I thought it would a good idea to share my (to a certain degree) efficient public builds.

In the second part of the spreadsheet I collected all the roaming builds i used since PoF. There is not '"one way" to build the perfect roaming build and i´m always open for discussion and new ideas.

Well, I cant speak for all those builds, but roaming against rangers (I dont play ranger myself very often), I can say that the only real threat is the insanely tough to beat soulboon variant based on regen+protection+damage reduction. Druids can build similar and be near unkillable, but seem to lack damage compared to the soulbeast version. I have no idea what the build specifics is. Dps ranger got damage sure, but no sustain in comparison and is easily overwhelmed with a mobile class (say mirage) but these particular rangers... truly nasty. Combine with something like say a spellbreaker and you got a combo that can beat pretty much anything.

Commanders dont want rangers cause theres way more easy classes to stack and aoe spam, still agroup of 5 rangers spiking some targets from 1500 range that try to drop bubble or think they can reflect and push/frontline, will melt alot of targets with a well made team spike.

For group and larger groups or zergs, soulbeast traited for several unblockables uptime will melt some targets even if they are behind wall of reflection /reflection skills and absortion domes, only counter is dodge, blind and invulnerability against it.... from 1500 range wich is kind hilarious of a counter.

Unstopable union + signet of the hunt + call of the wind, total 14 sec.

Of course Ranger is more suited for small scale fights, however I have a pretty fun build I run when zerging. It needs a bit of support, but since you can just pew pew squishy targets from range you are less in danger anyway.

* This build pierces targets

* has decent unblockable uptime

* can't be bursted instantly

* has two more or less reliable pulls which makes this even more fun

* Hard to catch thanks to superspeed

* stance sharing

* very high damage especially in beastmode

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8ClsgFsAO8Cs8il9AbpJEAObPdgjwTLv9Gfvvncr41C-w

Gear use whatever. You can also use more offensive pets for higher beastmode damage.

Edit: wrong heal skill