SMS Valdiation Installed without consent?

I'm still logged into the forums. However, when I try to log into the game

. My password should have been saved and automatically logged me on. However I get a notice from GW2 asking me to enable SMS Validation. I clicked the giant "X" for some reason. It won't take my password. So I am trying reset it. However, it says "Your account uses SMS Validation. We sent a code to your phone. Please confirm the code now."

I didn't enable or put this on there. For some reason I'm not getting the email to where I click on it and it resets my password? I'm not sure?

Here's the error code I get

Build: 88291

Error Code: 11:1001:8008:18

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Your account may have been compromised. Your email account may have been compromised. You should contact the CS Team (Support link above/below) via a different email address and change all passwords.

>

> Good luck.

I tried to re-set my password. At first the emails went through. Now It's saying I have input a code. Is there any way to tell if my account was compromised? Can't the GW2 people tell me if the SMS code log in is enabled on my account and if so how do I put it back to normal? I appreciate your help. But I would require further service. I can't reset my password. If I'm not getting the Email.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Again, you need to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below as instructed above.

> You need to change the passwords on all accounts _outside of GW2_.

>

> Good luck.

I can only make a ticket anonymously. It requires you to "log back into the fourms" with my username and password to make a ticket on my account and those are not working.

Is there any other faster way to get hold of them?

> @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Again, you need to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below as instructed above.

> > You need to change the passwords on all accounts _outside of GW2_.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> I can only make a ticket anonymously. It requires you to "log back into the fourms" with my username and password to make a ticket on my account and those are not working.

>

> Is there any other faster way to get hold of them?

No there is not and there is no differance bettwen anon and loging in mate just make the ticket so you get in the que.

> @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> And I would do a malware scan on your computers running Guild Wars 2, just to be sure you did not take on malware:

>

> https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (The free version is enough for a computer scan)

I found the old password I used. It still bugs me that when I tried to reset my password it didn't email my email address on file and it said it sent a random generated code to my phone but I never set up the mobile authentication system? so there's still questions that exist.

> > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > And I would do a malware scan on your computers running Guild Wars 2, just to be sure you did not take on malware:

> >

> > https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (The free version is enough for a computer scan)

>

> I found the old password I used. It still bugs me that when I tried to reset my password it didn't email my email address on file and it said it sent a random generated code to my phone but I never set up the mobile authentication system? so there's still questions that exist.

Well, at least it is linked to **YOUR** phone then, not someone elses. That makes it unlikely that your account was compromised as a hacker would not link it to your phone but to their own. May it be the case that you forgot you once set up the SMS authentication or did you share your account with a friend/family member who may have set up the SMS authentication?

For example: Did you or someone else activate SMS authentication to get the [Miniature Mystical Dragon](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Mystical_Dragon "Miniature Mystical Dragon")?

> > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > And I would do a malware scan on your computers running Guild Wars 2, just to be sure you did not take on malware:

> > >

> > > https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (The free version is enough for a computer scan)

> >

> > I found the old password I used. It still bugs me that when I tried to reset my password it didn't email my email address on file and it said it sent a random generated code to my phone but I never set up the mobile authentication system? so there's still questions that exist.

>

> Well, at least it is linked to **YOUR** phone then, not someone elses. That makes it unlikely that your account was compromised as a hacker would not link it to your phone but to their own. May it be the case that you forgot you once set up the SMS authentication or did you share your account with a friend/family member who may have set up the SMS authentication?

I'm not so sure it is linked to my phone. I never installed the app that allows them to display a randomly generated code. When I tried to re-set my password. At first, it let me send the request to my email but on the 5th time. It said "enter the randomly generated code that it sent to my phone" I don't have that. I may double check that it has my correct phone number.

It was odd. I was automatically logged into the game. I didn't have to manually write in anything. Than it stopped me from doing that. I think I put an old password by mistake and it gave me the error. I wish I knew how to check the phone number on my account page to verify they have my actual number.

It's really strange. It just sent a message about "setting up the SMS feature" and than the next time I tried to log in. It made it seem like someone else had sent it up. In any case. I'm I can at least log in. I'm waiting before playing. I had unstalled the game. So I'm re-installing it again.

> > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > > And I would do a malware scan on your computers running Guild Wars 2, just to be sure you did not take on malware:

> > > >

> > > > https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (The free version is enough for a computer scan)

> > >

> > > I found the old password I used. It still bugs me that when I tried to reset my password it didn't email my email address on file and it said it sent a random generated code to my phone but I never set up the mobile authentication system? so there's still questions that exist.

> >

> > Well, at least it is linked to **YOUR** phone then, not someone elses. That makes it unlikely that your account was compromised as a hacker would not link it to your phone but to their own. May it be the case that you forgot you once set up the SMS authentication or did you share your account with a friend/family member who may have set up the SMS authentication?

>

> I'm not so sure it is linked to my phone. I never installed the app that allows them to display a randomly generated code. When I tried to re-set my password. At first, it let me send the request to my email but on the 5th time. It said "enter the randomly generated code that it sent to my phone" I don't have that. I may double check that it has my correct phone number.

>

> It was odd. I was automatically logged into the game. I didn't have to manually write in anything. Than it stopped me from doing that. I think I put an old password by mistake and it gave me the error. I wish I knew how to check the phone number on my account page to verify they have my actual number.

>

> It's really strange. It just sent a message about "setting up the SMS feature" and than the next time I tried to log in. It made it seem like someone else had sent it up. In any case. I'm I can at least log in. I'm waiting before playing. I had unstalled the game. So I'm re-installing it again.

Well, go to your account page at https://account.arena.net/login and **check** if it is linked to your phone number. If not, make sure it is set up correctly.

Better to be safe than sorry. Automatically logging in is convenient but not very safe by the way. I would advise to just enter your password every time you log in. Otherwise anyone with access to your computer (like if someone hacked into your PC) can get your password and GW2 account.

> > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > > > And I would do a malware scan on your computers running Guild Wars 2, just to be sure you did not take on malware:

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (The free version is enough for a computer scan)

> > > >

> > > > I found the old password I used. It still bugs me that when I tried to reset my password it didn't email my email address on file and it said it sent a random generated code to my phone but I never set up the mobile authentication system? so there's still questions that exist.

> > >

> > > Well, at least it is linked to **YOUR** phone then, not someone elses. That makes it unlikely that your account was compromised as a hacker would not link it to your phone but to their own. May it be the case that you forgot you once set up the SMS authentication or did you share your account with a friend/family member who may have set up the SMS authentication?

> >

> > I'm not so sure it is linked to my phone. I never installed the app that allows them to display a randomly generated code. When I tried to re-set my password. At first, it let me send the request to my email but on the 5th time. It said "enter the randomly generated code that it sent to my phone" I don't have that. I may double check that it has my correct phone number.

> >

> > It was odd. I was automatically logged into the game. I didn't have to manually write in anything. Than it stopped me from doing that. I think I put an old password by mistake and it gave me the error. I wish I knew how to check the phone number on my account page to verify they have my actual number.

> >

> > It's really strange. It just sent a message about "setting up the SMS feature" and than the next time I tried to log in. It made it seem like someone else had sent it up. In any case. I'm I can at least log in. I'm waiting before playing. I had unstalled the game. So I'm re-installing it again.

>

> Well, go to your account page at https://account.arena.net/login and **check** if it is linked to your phone number. If not, make sure it is set up correctly.

>

> Better to be safe than sorry. Automatically logging in is convenient but not very safe by the way. I would advise to just enter your password every time you log in. Otherwise anyone with access to your computer (like if someone hacked into your PC) can get your password and GW2 account.

It looks like I didn't have a phone number written down. I was able to write my phone number, name and DOB which I didn't register when making the account. My only guess is. When they sent me the SMS asking me to update with my phone number. I hit enter and left it blank.

I was positive though I didn't have it written down. Now I only worry about that "ticket system" I submitted the ticket for it already when they see it, they will reset my password but I am very grateful for you showing me this link. I'm just happy it wasn't more serious.