[Suggestion] I think Guild Halls should get a bit more love from developers

**[LAST UPDATE: 03.05.2018]**

Link to reddit post:

Hello!

I've recently been thinking, Guild Halls need some more love from our game developers. And since they often read reddit, decided to help them a bit (and share my thoughts and inventions with you), by doing a list of what would be nice to see added and/or improved.

So, here is my basic post of things, but feel free to contribute to this list (you'll be mentioned in [square brackets])!

Have a good day!

**MISCELLANEOUS THINGIES **

**GENERAL:**

-> new guild missions ! [suggested by so many people :P ]

-> missing racial chairs and tables

-> bed decorations (YES!)

-> boat, raft decorations (why not? would be fun to see them!)

-> list of some living world decorations which I'd to see - with idea of guild upgrade below ( link: https://imgur.com/a/22e58q6 )

-> decorator option split into two/three options - one allow to place decorations, second allows to craft decorations (basic ones, or with 3rd option - allows to craft advanced decorations)

-> local decoration limit up a bit (please!)

-> graphic option for "Decoration Model Limit" (something like Character Model Limit, defines amount of rendered decorations around us)

-> allow to buy decorations from merchant in bundle (like furniture coins, chak gerent eyes etc... single clicking is ANNOYING! safe all poor skritt lives!) [suggested by Kiza.5630]

-> checkout costs of palm lumber core and rare flower seed (yeah, these are recently -REALLY expensive-) [suggested by Kiza.5630]

**WINDSWEPT HAVEN:**

-> missing own weapon set

-> fix some annoying invisible walls (right infront of the workshop) [suggested by: u/Sw0rly]

LOST PRECIPICE:

-> remove (or move somewhere away!) these ugly bazaar stalls (link: https://imgur.com/a/fdWFzRW)

-> fix some annoying invisible walls (link: https://imgur.com/a/wDBZwDS)

**NEW GUILD HALL UPGRADES: **

**ARENA:**

-> [GLVL 41] Weapon and armor merchant (may be similar to PVP vendors or just sells basic weapons and armor)

Cost: 5,000 Aetherium, 250x Elder Wood Plank, 250x Mithril Ingot, 3x Celestial Intricate Gossamer Insignia, 3x Celestial Orichalcum Imbued Inscription

-> [GLVL 43] SPVP mode swap (option for NPC Arena Coordinator, which allows you to change to SPVP mode in GH - this restart instance of GH to take an effect, something like map close warning)

Cost: 15,000 Aetherium, 300x Ruby Orbs, 300x Sapphire Orbs, 150x Potion of PvP Reward, 200x Mystic Crystal

**TAVERN:**

-> [GLVL 44] Guild Hall Music: Festive Themes (Halloween, Wintersday... and maybe Bazaar of Four Winds music theme, because why not?)

Cost: 5,000 Aetherium, 250x Trick-or-Treat Bag, 250x Wintersday Gift, 250x Quartz Crystal, 25x Glob of Ectoplasm

-> [GLVL 46] Guild Hall Music: Maguuma Jungle Themes (some HoT music tracks)

Cost: 5,000 Aetherium, 500x Airship Oil, 500x Pile of Auric Dust, 500x Ley Line Sparks, 25x Glob of Ectoplasm

-> [GLVL 48] Guild Hall Music: Themes from Crystal Desert (some PoF music tracks)

Cost: 5,000 Aetherium, 500x Sliver of Twitching Forgemetal, 500x Congealed Putrescences, 500x Ley-Infused Sands, 25x Glob of Ectoplasm

**MARKET:**

-> [GLVL 42] Banker Merchant

Cost: 7,500 Aetherium, 50 Gold, 250x Ancient Wood Log, 250x Orichalcum Ingot, 75x Glob of Ectoplasm

-> [GLVL 45] Black Lion Trader Merchant

Cost: 7,500 Aetherium, 10x Trading Post Express, 250x Ancient Wood Log, 250x Orichalcum Ingot, 75x Glob of Ectoplasm

-> [GLVL 48] Living World Decoration Merchant (adding some new decorations from each Living World Episode, would be really fun! Suggested list of them: https://imgur.com/a/22e58q6)

Cost: 25,000 Aetherium, 300x Linseed Oil, 2000x Elder Wood Log, 500x Sheet of Extra Coarse Sandpaper, 25x Dragonite Ingot

**WORKSHOP:**

-> [GLVL 43] Plant Synthesizers 4 (possible output of HoT and PoF plants)

Cost: 35,000 Aetherium, 1000x Lentils, 1000x Pile of Flax Seed, 100x Glob of Ectoplasm, 200x Incandescent Dust

-> [GLVL 48] Crafting Stations

Cost:

**WAR ROOM:**

-> [GLVL 47]

Cost:

**MINE:**

-> [GLVL 41] Aetherium Capacity 7 (new aetherium cap: 50,000)

Cost: 25,000 Aetherium, 1800x Elder Wood logs, 1800x Mithril Ingots, 75x Bloodstone Brick, 18x Superior Rune of Holding

-> [GLVL 43] Mining Rate 7 (new mining rate: 5 Aetherium / minute)

Cost: 50,000 Aetherium, 1200x Elder Wood logs, 1200x Mithril Ingots, 200x Ley-Line Infused Tool, 75x Silverwastes Shovel, 750x Thermocatalytic Reagent, 75x Pile of Crystalline Dust

**NOTARY:**

-> [GLVL 45] Portals to Capital Cities

Cost: 15,000 Aetherium,50 Gold, 50x Glob of Ectoplasm, 15x Watchwork Portal Device, 100x Orichalcum Ingot

-> [GLVL 45] Portals to Capital Cities

Cost: 35,000 Aetherium, 100 Gold, 100x Glob of Ectoplasm, 25x Watchwork Portal Device, 200x Orichalcum Ingot

-> [GLVL 50] Guild Hosted World Events (allows you to open some old no longer available events from past (like Battle for Lion's Arch meta or Marionette))

Cost: 50,000 Aetherium, 25x Legendary Insight, 250x Glob of Ectoplasm, 500x Orichalcum Ingot, 200x Pile of Crystalline Dust, 100x Molten Lodestone, 200x Tome of Knowledge

> @"Sharen Graves.1276" said:

> Yes they do need to start adding things for the Guild Halls...Banker Merchant and Black Lion Trader Merchant would be nice. But can we wait another few weeks? My guild of 5 has almost got the last upgrade to be completely done.

I don't think you'll ever see these merchants. I believe the devs stated that they want them to remain in the open world

Please leave out the orbs. Leyline tools and vials of linseed oil. Instead use stuff that is totally worthless in the tp so it becomes more worthy. Stuff like the crystals. Leaf fossils. Resonating slivers etc.

Some other stuff ive heard before:

- new rank options. Like splitting invite and kick members

- adding the favor trading npc from the guild initiative office.

- changes to fion. ( bulk option, tabs)

- upgrades to boost mounts

- more guild boosts when you represent them. (25% reduction waypoint, 50%, 100%?)

- adding stationairy npc's (guards, like a decoration, but name it different.)

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > @"Sharen Graves.1276" said:

> > Yes they do need to start adding things for the Guild Halls...Banker Merchant and Black Lion Trader Merchant would be nice. But can we wait another few weeks? My guild of 5 has almost got the last upgrade to be completely done.

>

> I don't think you'll ever see these merchants. I believe the devs stated that they want them to remain in the open world

I remember them saying that too so I know. Doesn't help to wish though. But I think it's more than that. Because we have them in the airship pass areas. If we had these vendors in the GH then no needs to spend the gems to get the special passes. *puts on tinfoil hat*

It would also be nice if players had the ability to search for various Guilds and join one. This would help new players tremendously and help to promote various guilds.

Heck, Anet could even make a bit of extra money if they offered Gem Store purchases to "feature" a selected guild for a week (which labels them as a "Premium" guild and puts them near the top of the list). Guild leaders should be able to set a couple settings for this...

**Description** - provides a text box for the guild's description (what they are/do, rules, etc) and links to guild sites (such as Discord, Guilded, etc)

**Recruitment Type**

* Invite-Only: guild does not appear in searches and players can only join if they are directly invited by a member of the guild (what we have now)

* Approval-Required: guild appears in searches, players can request to join the guild and officers may approve/reject the request

* Open: guild appears in searches and players can freely join the guild

**Blacklist/Blocked Players** - allows officers to prevent players from attempting to join the guild. Blocked players won't even be able to see the guild listed in searches.

I really thought PoF was going to expand a lot of the systems in the guild halls and maybe be able to lvl it up to 100 or so if they added an expansions worth of stuff. Sadly saw pretty much nothing (not counting decorations as those aren't a new system) which gave the indication to me they gave up on doing anything more. There used to be a team for guilds halls when HoT came out, however we never heard a word from them and they're gone now (or only people left do decorations). So my hopes are tiny that more things get added in or expanded upon.

Anet really needs to hire a bunch of gw2 players to do the guildhall stuff. Ive seen alot of great ideas from players, but since they've killed the guild team, the devs adding minor bits of stuff, not so much.

Oversight or just not bothering to add guild armors and weapons with a new hall really? Why bother with a hall if you're not going to stock it with the same kind of things from the first two.

New decorations... hello?

This kind of bad design is just saying to me: "Shoo veteran we don't want you. Go away! Quit playing our game."

I think it should be a little easier to get one for smaller guilds, even if they are half the size. We got the easier one a while back in one of my guilds, but the other guild wouldn't stand a chance with numbers. Couldn't there be a quest chain or something instead of the fight? Or like the good old days of a sigil that can be earned in other ways? or just plain buy one with gold?

> @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> Anet really needs to hire a bunch of gw2 players to do the guildhall stuff. Ive seen alot of great ideas from players, but since they've killed the guild team, the devs adding minor bits of stuff, not so much.

>

> Oversight or just not bothering to add guild armors and weapons with a new hall really? Why bother with a hall if you're not going to stock it with the same kind of things from the first two.

> New decorations... hello?

> This kind of bad design is just saying to me: "Shoo veteran we don't want you. Go away! Quit playing our game."

>

eeehhhhh..... thats kind of not the problem. Given the type of tasks involved, they're bottle neck isn't designers...... if only it was just a lack of designers. Their bigger issue is lack of programmers (and to a lesser extent, art staff). Design ideas are a dime a dozen, and as good as any idea can be, its always hamstung by converting that idea of programming logic that the engine can actually "do". While that translation process is always a problem, most designers outside of a project have no clear idea what the engine can or can't do, or how much work it would take to add even minor functionality just to make something else possible.

So while there are a ton of good ideas on the internet..... how many are actually feasible "right now", and if not, whats required to make that possible? And what would be required to make the thing that the other thing needs to be possible? Like or hate the designers they currently have, replacing them whole sale doesn't change the fact that that Engineering's productivity isn't able to keep pace with the unrelenting demands of the player base's desire for continuous and rapid responses to their every whim.

I logged in to respond to this since I almost never post anything in the forums. Although I think anet is constantly working on a lot of stuff I agree that they should at least give some love to guild halls, particularly increasing the amount of decorations you can use in a guild hall and adding a decoration limit option in the graphical options. But really good suggestions all around, thanks for the post.

> @"Jwake.7013" said:

> I really thought PoF was going to expand a lot of the systems in the guild halls and maybe be able to lvl it up to 100 or so if they added an expansions worth of stuff. Sadly saw pretty much nothing (not counting decorations as those aren't a new system) which gave the indication to me they gave up on doing anything more. There used to be a team for guilds halls when HoT came out, however we never heard a word from them and they're gone now (or only people left do decorations). So my hopes are tiny that more things get added in or expanded upon.

Was really dissappointed also. First thing im looking for in every patch note is anything guild related.

At least expected adding pof music to guildhalls. Since they added SAB music years ago, i was thinking pof music was the minimum i expected..

They are so few decorations.... just can't understand, many 3D assets were there since the beggining 5 years ago! And It seems like they just want to put any effort in guilds.. During 5 years they could have added around 200! I think about the classic asuran hexagonal ground tiles, more stairs, walls, some sylvaris houses and flowers, charr vehicles and so on... As many stated before, yeah it would be cool if they involve more players and make them design what they want. But badly all efforts are put in Living stories, extensions and skins: glider, mounts and what's next? Claws for climbing moutains, swimsuits? Gw2 have a great and talented fans community which is rare, why not ask them about contents? Wanted plot twist? Decorations? Mounts? Maps ideas?