[Suggestion] Barefoot?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love the thought that anet even considered this was a good idea.

Its almost like “we’re implementing the long awaited and requested feature; Build Saving. To get it, buy it from the gem store for thousands of gold, or farm this ultra specific creature, once a day, for 0.0004% to get it, but that chance is only true on a day it rains in Haarlem, and exactly 24 people are celebrating their birthday in your province or region. If these criteria are not met, the drop chance will be 0.0000000000038%”

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> I just love the thought that anet even considered this was a good idea.

> Its almost like “we’re implementing the long awaited and requested feature; Build Saving. To get it, buy it from the gem store for thousands of gold, or farm this ultra specific creature, once a day, for 0.0004% to get it, but that chance is only true on a day it rains in Haarlem, and exactly 24 people are celebrating their birthday in your province or region. If these criteria are not met, the drop chance will be 0.0000000000038%”

Classic Pokémon cheat.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > That was asked for multiple times. ANet’s answer is invisible boots you can’t craft and with an abysmal drop rate so that it’s not something you can readily get.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can readily get slippers from TP :wink: :

> > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invisible_Slippers

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 1) there’s all of 5 on the trading post. Unless you’re arguing that 5 slippers is enough to supply everyone who wants invisible shoes then it’s not readily available.

> > > > > > > 2) the lowest price is 2800 gold. Unless you’re arguing that that’s a price that’s easily available to all who want to buy these slippers then it’s not readily available.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just to counter the "you can use your credit card so it's available" argument: 2800g would currently cost €180.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So yeah technically, you can buy it, but practically speaking no, you can't.

> > > > >

> > > > > Your comment about real money to gold conversion does not support your statement that, "practically speaking, no you can't," buy the item.

> > > >

> > > > Yes it does because spending that much money for "invisible" shoes in a video game is not practical i.e. not sensible or realistic.

> > >

> > > Spending a couple hundred euros, pounds, or dollars on one's preferred hobby is quite sensible and/or realistic.

> >

> > For invisible shoes (i.e. the _absence_ of a skin) it's really not. Look I get that you want to "win" here so yeah sure, you're right, it's a great idea! Anyone who wants the ability to turn off their shoes should definitely either farm the 9000 or so gold required in game or else spend 5-6 hundred bucks on the lack of skins required. It's practical and sensible!

> >

>

> You started out speaking for others circumstances and so I responded in kind. I never said it was a, "great idea."

I didn't actually, I was speaking for myself.

Edit: for the sake of clarity, I mean I personally don't think it's practical or realistic to expect people to pay 180 bucks for this or any other skin.

Nor do I believe its OK to dismiss people's concerns because you can use real money to buy things in the game.

I do support people's right to spend their money however they wish.

> 180 is not 600. Even still 180, or 600, is more practical for some than 10 might be for others.

There are three skins, one for each weight, the cheapest is 180, 3 x 180 (minimum) is between 500 and 600, maybe more.

The fact that Helmet and Gloves already ARE toggles makes this a basic function. Would you like to have the Helmet toggle removed and replaced with a very "prestigious" invisible skin you have to obtain through abysmal RNG? Except for the timing, this is exactly the same.