Anet : The Meteor Shower Nerf is a shame (60% DPS Nerf in PvE vs single target)

Lasiurus.4067

> @"Moriquendi.4209" said:

> If it's PER target then I'll concede that this is a buff for WvW. I still stand by this being completely unnecessary overall though. You're 11.6HP locked into a cast for over 3 seconds and it has a 24s TRAITED cd. In WvW basically anything can insta down you on a glass weaver. Weaver is heavily reliant on support to achieve dps/stay alive in both areas of the game and many of those supports were nerfed today as well. Maybe it would have been better to bring in some of the passive DPS nerfs to see where weaver stood with that before gutting staff's most staple skill.

Given that most people that play glass Ele are always in groups, Zergs or blobs. I dont see a problem considering the damage that things like MS can do to a group. It kind of says something about the people that play staff ele that a skill that NEEDED to actually be toned down that a change happens and they cream its the end of the world. There are like 24+ other abilities that staff has access to, maybe use them more often?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> Doers it not say something that it dealt THAT much damage to begin with? A press and forget skill shouldnt be doing anywhere near that kind of damage. Ever. Also by the sounds of it, the effect ONLY works for PvE by how it mentions PvE but not WvW?

press and forget? you have to channel it for almost 4 seconds, and in lots of situation you have to lightning flash away, if that's on CD, you either have to cancel the channel to not die, or finish the channel and get downed. If anything, lava font is a press and forget skill, and is just about always my top dmg dealer in large zerg fights, maybe that should be nerfed (/sarcasm). But as I read it, it should be per target, not overall, just need some testing.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> press and forget? you have to channel it for almost 4 seconds, and in lots of situation you have to lightning flash away, if that's on CD, you either have to cancel the channel to not die, or finish the channel and get downed. If anything, lava font is a press and forget skill, and is just about always my top dmg dealer in large zerg fights, maybe that should be nerfed (/sarcasm). But as I read it, it should be per target, not overall, just need some testing.

I have never once needed to LF away. Hell, i dont think i have ever even used LF. To say its a requirement. Its not. You time it well. You learn when and how to use it. You should be using it while inside your blob so you are protected. I see WAY too often people using it on the first push, only for it to be wasted because as predictable as ever the enemy zerg move back, dont get touched by a single strike. It is VERY easy to use on groups and zergs. Way too easy for the kind of damage that it does. Yes it has a long channel, that isnt enough to really make it difficult or anything to use.

Getting hit for INSANE damage should always be shaved until its more balance. This is kinda trying to do that, though only time will tell if it actually works.

> @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

While I'm concerned primarily about PvE, I liked that aspect of Ele play in WvW, too. 3+ seconds of immobility is risky, but if you positioned yourself wisely, and got the right timing, you could have a big impact. Seemed a fair trade.

Apparently, the devs didn't think so, but man... such a nerf! In a game where people devote weeks and more to gaining gear that can improve their DPS by a few percent, a 60% cut to a primary damage skill is HUGE.

And as far as I can see, it's completely unnecessary in PvE. It hurts us significantly while improving the gameplay for no one else.

> @"Ringlin.1863" said:

> > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

> While I'm concerned primarily about PvE, I liked that aspect of Ele play in WvW, too. 3+ seconds of immobility is risky, but if you positioned yourself wisely, and got the right timing, you could have a big impact. Seemed a fair trade.

>

> Apparently, the devs didn't think so, but man... such a nerf! In a game where people devote weeks and more to gaining gear that can improve their DPS by a few percent, a 60% cut to a primary damage skill is HUGE.

>

> And as far as I can see, it's completely unnecessary in PvE. It hurts us significantly while improving the gameplay for no one else.

A Meteor Shower nerf against Large Hit Box targets was desperately needed. Weaver will still be best DPS, but the gap will be about 5k now, not 12k.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > press and forget? you have to channel it for almost 4 seconds, and in lots of situation you have to lightning flash away, if that's on CD, you either have to cancel the channel to not die, or finish the channel and get downed. If anything, lava font is a press and forget skill, and is just about always my top dmg dealer in large zerg fights, maybe that should be nerfed (/sarcasm). But as I read it, it should be per target, not overall, just need some testing.

>

> I have never once needed to LF away. Hell, i dont think i have ever even used LF. To say its a requirement. Its not. You time it well. You learn when and how to use it. You should be using it while inside your blob so you are protected. I see WAY too often people using it on the first push, only for it to be wasted because as predictable as ever the enemy zerg move back, dont get touched by a single strike. It is VERY easy to use on groups and zergs. Way too easy for the kind of damage that it does. Yes it has a long channel, that isnt enough to really make it difficult or anything to use.

>

> Getting hit for INSANE damage should always be shaved until its more balance. This is kinda trying to do that, though only time will tell if it actually works.

>

>

The best meteor showers I get off is when I over-extend to start cast on the enemy backline, then LF back to my zerg, or use the burning retreat trick. To not use LF as a staff Ele is just stupid, you are playing way too passively, which means you aren't maximizing your DPS potential.

> @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> A Meteor Shower nerf against Large Hit Box targets was desperately needed. Weaver will still be best DPS, but the gap will be about 5k now, not 12k.

Sounds like you're talking about raid bosses especially. I'd sure be happier if ANet adjusted those targets appropriately, instead of blunting the impact on every single PvE enemy in the game.

I'm just trying to finish HoT for the first time. This cuts a core skill when I never felt like it made things too easy even pre-nerf.

> @"Vova.2640" said:

> This change kills Eles in both Pve and Wvw. I can't even begin to comprehend why they would gut this ability so kitten hard all of a sudden

You already quit the game, so don't worry about the damage you haven;t actually taken the time to test or wait for someone who is actually knowledge to do it for you.

> > @"Ringlin.1863" said:

> > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

> > While I'm concerned primarily about PvE, I liked that aspect of Ele play in WvW, too. 3+ seconds of immobility is risky, but if you positioned yourself wisely, and got the right timing, you could have a big impact. Seemed a fair trade.

> >

> > Apparently, the devs didn't think so, but man... such a nerf! In a game where people devote weeks and more to gaining gear that can improve their DPS by a few percent, a 60% cut to a primary damage skill is HUGE.

> >

> > And as far as I can see, it's completely unnecessary in PvE. It hurts us significantly while improving the gameplay for no one else.

>

> A Meteor Shower nerf against Large Hit Box targets was desperately needed. Weaver will still be best DPS, but the gap will be about 5k now, not 12k.

You say that, but consider that Weaver brings -nothing- other than dps to the party.

You're glass, you have essentially no CC, and what you have requires 2 attunement swaps or conjuring a weapon.

What point is there with a weaver if you can bring another class that also has a bunch more hp, gives buffs and/or heals and/or inflicts vulnerability?

And what point is there with channeling Meteor Shower for 3.75s and letting it be on 24s cooldown when a lava font actually does more damage, is instant and with 6.5s cooldown?

They are essentially deleting Meteor Shower from the game and making Weaver pointless along with it.

> @"Mikuchan.7261" said:

> > @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > > @"Ringlin.1863" said:

> > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

> > > While I'm concerned primarily about PvE, I liked that aspect of Ele play in WvW, too. 3+ seconds of immobility is risky, but if you positioned yourself wisely, and got the right timing, you could have a big impact. Seemed a fair trade.

> > >

> > > Apparently, the devs didn't think so, but man... such a nerf! In a game where people devote weeks and more to gaining gear that can improve their DPS by a few percent, a 60% cut to a primary damage skill is HUGE.

> > >

> > > And as far as I can see, it's completely unnecessary in PvE. It hurts us significantly while improving the gameplay for no one else.

> >

> > A Meteor Shower nerf against Large Hit Box targets was desperately needed. Weaver will still be best DPS, but the gap will be about 5k now, not 12k.

>

> You say that, but consider that Weaver brings -nothing- other than dps to the party.

> You're glass, you have essentially no CC, and what you have requires 2 attunement swaps or conjuring a weapon.

> What point is there with a weaver if you can bring another class that also has a bunch more hp, gives buffs and/or heals and/or inflicts vulnerability?

> And what point is there with channeling Meteor Shower for 3.75s and letting it be on 24s cooldown when a lava font actually does more damage, is instant and with 6.5s cooldown?

> They are essentially deleting Meteor Shower from the game and making Weaver pointless along with it.

So, Weaver, which doesn't actually have a complex rotation, should do so much more damage than any other DPS spec that also doesn't bring any buffs or utility, that no other DPS can complete with it on large hit boxes? Meter Shower is still more DPS than Fireball, so you will obviously still cast it in the same part of rotation as normal. How is Meter Shower deleted and Weaver pointless?

> > @"Mikuchan.7261" said:

> > > @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > > > @"Ringlin.1863" said:

> > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

> > > > While I'm concerned primarily about PvE, I liked that aspect of Ele play in WvW, too. 3+ seconds of immobility is risky, but if you positioned yourself wisely, and got the right timing, you could have a big impact. Seemed a fair trade.

> > > >

> > > > Apparently, the devs didn't think so, but man... such a nerf! In a game where people devote weeks and more to gaining gear that can improve their DPS by a few percent, a 60% cut to a primary damage skill is HUGE.

> > > >

> > > > And as far as I can see, it's completely unnecessary in PvE. It hurts us significantly while improving the gameplay for no one else.

> > >

> > > A Meteor Shower nerf against Large Hit Box targets was desperately needed. Weaver will still be best DPS, but the gap will be about 5k now, not 12k.

> >

> > You say that, but consider that Weaver brings -nothing- other than dps to the party.

> > You're glass, you have essentially no CC, and what you have requires 2 attunement swaps or conjuring a weapon.

> > What point is there with a weaver if you can bring another class that also has a bunch more hp, gives buffs and/or heals and/or inflicts vulnerability?

> > And what point is there with channeling Meteor Shower for 3.75s and letting it be on 24s cooldown when a lava font actually does more damage, is instant and with 6.5s cooldown?

> > They are essentially deleting Meteor Shower from the game and making Weaver pointless along with it.

>

> So, Weaver, which doesn't actually have a complex rotation, should do so much more damage than any other DPS spec that also doesn't bring any buffs or utility, that no other DPS can complete with it on large hit boxes? Meter Shower is still more DPS than Fireball, so you will obviously still cast it in the same part of rotation as normal. How is Meter Shower deleted and Weaver pointless?

Because there's literally no reason to not just bring a dps warrior now and easy mode everything for yourself with a class that has a ton of base hit points, doesn't have to stop moving to channel a single cast, and only has ONE skill that they even have to think about positioning on to get more dps out of. (Well ok, two if they wanna cleave with their LB f1.) Oh and who can also drop a tiny bit of dps to carry cc for the group. Dpswar *WILL* have a higher benchmark than staff weeber once all this settles... Especially given the nerfing to spotter and EA.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > > @"Mikuchan.7261" said:

> > > > @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > > > > @"Ringlin.1863" said:

> > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > It doesn't really matter how much they buff the first few hits on targets when the rest of them you may as well be throwing dust. Part of why Ele was so strong in wvw was because of the insane amount of cleave and pressure it could put on people who were downed from 1200 range which is effectively gone now.

> > > > > While I'm concerned primarily about PvE, I liked that aspect of Ele play in WvW, too. 3+ seconds of immobility is risky, but if you positioned yourself wisely, and got the right timing, you could have a big impact. Seemed a fair trade.

> > > > >

> > > > > Apparently, the devs didn't think so, but man... such a nerf! In a game where people devote weeks and more to gaining gear that can improve their DPS by a few percent, a 60% cut to a primary damage skill is HUGE.

> > > > >

> > > > > And as far as I can see, it's completely unnecessary in PvE. It hurts us significantly while improving the gameplay for no one else.

> > > >

> > > > A Meteor Shower nerf against Large Hit Box targets was desperately needed. Weaver will still be best DPS, but the gap will be about 5k now, not 12k.

> > >

> > > You say that, but consider that Weaver brings -nothing- other than dps to the party.

> > > You're glass, you have essentially no CC, and what you have requires 2 attunement swaps or conjuring a weapon.

> > > What point is there with a weaver if you can bring another class that also has a bunch more hp, gives buffs and/or heals and/or inflicts vulnerability?

> > > And what point is there with channeling Meteor Shower for 3.75s and letting it be on 24s cooldown when a lava font actually does more damage, is instant and with 6.5s cooldown?

> > > They are essentially deleting Meteor Shower from the game and making Weaver pointless along with it.

> >

> > So, Weaver, which doesn't actually have a complex rotation, should do so much more damage than any other DPS spec that also doesn't bring any buffs or utility, that no other DPS can complete with it on large hit boxes? Meter Shower is still more DPS than Fireball, so you will obviously still cast it in the same part of rotation as normal. How is Meter Shower deleted and Weaver pointless?

>

> Because there's literally no reason to not just bring a dps warrior now and easy mode everything for yourself with a class that has a ton of base hit points, doesn't have to stop moving to channel a single cast, and only has ONE skill that they even have to think about positioning on to get more dps out of. (Well ok, two if they wanna cleave with their LB f1.) Oh and who can also drop a tiny bit of dps to carry cc for the group. Dpswar *WILL* have a higher benchmark than staff weeber once all this settles... Especially given the nerfing to spotter and EA.

>

Berserker is not more DPS than Weaver and can't compete on Power friendly fights. Weaver is still top power DPS by at least 5k on large hit box.

And Berserker is hit by the nerfs as well, especially considering no one is going to run Pinpoint Distribution anymore.

> @"Conqueror.3682" said:

> this thread became too confusing.

>

> Have you considered that now the skill doesnt have internal cooldown now? So how does that compensate the change in the total damage?

Please address this community. No internal CD and no longer a need to fully channel the spell. As soon as it starts hitting, lava font... Someone said they had a dps increase by doing this.

What it comes down to this is why make this skill so painfully complex with icd and lower dmg hit per target when its just a pure dmg spells. I has no condis no heals no boons no nothing on it its a pure dmg skill any nothing but.

I think this where the ele devs are wasting all of there time on trying to make skills that only need some number changes to fix the more simpler skills but spending years doing master level work to balancing things out. Its like trying to fix a car with a robot that you just build and you must get the ai to make an ai for that robot when all you need is to put air in the tier.

I like what they are trying to do but why not just drop the number of rocks that fall up there aoe size and up the numbers of targets. You can fix pvp and pve in one go with out adding in these icd and demising returns.

Wvw you do feel the different vs small to avage size groups you will hit the same ppl more then 2 times and with the way support plays now your going to need to hit the same targets 5+ times to hope to power though the healing and barriers. In big to zerg size i not tested it but i cant see it getting effected all that much.

Pve i have no ideal i guess vs wvw npc i see it they do live much longer now and its never fun to have lesser skills to more dmg then meteor shower. I must say a part of me is happy to see the pve ele get hit with something so all of this shouting at anet "the wall" is of some meaning. You cant hid from anets nerfs when every thing is hit and say staff ele is ok because i can still play it in x.