Caffeinated Skritt!

Jesseii.2097

Hi guys! (: I was wondering if anyone would happen to know any of the locations for the Caffeinated Skritt chests in the new PoF maps? I was reading the map chat earlier and people were talking about one being located in the Crystal Oasis somewhere within the Omiramba Sand Sea area. I'm not really too sure honestly -- so I thought I would ask here! I'm hoping that they aren't completely randomly generated throughout the maps. I've never really hunted down Skritt Burglars before so I don't really have a lot of knowledge on them -- but this Caffeinated Skritt is carrying a collection item! She must be found and killed! ^^'

Yep, definitely on the first map. Found him, but didn't mark up the location. Was too busy trying to catch up, but as usual the event failed because nobody else was around.

Can't remember where. I think it was in the area west of the quicksand pit and NE of raptor training, since the chase ended near the north gate of the city, pretty close to where the raptor race passes by..

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> Yep, definitely on the first map. Found him, but didn't mark up the location. Was too busy trying to catch up, but as usual the event failed because nobody else was around.

>

> Can't remember where. I think it was in the area west of the quicksand pit and NE of raptor training, since the chase ended near the north gate of the city city, pretty close to where the raptor race passes by..

Hmm alrighty -- well it's at least good to hear of another experience that points to the Crystal Oasis. Thank you for the information!

Never mind, just checked it, that wasn't the place. Maybe on the west side of Sinking Ruins instead, I remember running into a lot of sand sharks while chasing the skritt. Definitely started in a ruin, with open-air access, small cavity in a side of a... pyramid, tomb, something like that. Doesn't narrow it down much, sorry.

> @Vladish.3940 said:

> I found the Skritt in Glint's Legacy zone twice now. Once solo and once with a group. Haven't had a problem solo killing it as a melee Holosmith. Burst and movement speed are the key.

Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to solo with most builds. I'm running a retaliation guardian, no good against anything that doesn't attack me. Hence the failure, couldn't muster enough dps.

Same problem in the story too: the enemies are always attacking refugees, Rytlock, etc instead of me. And no idea how I'm going to handle the final boss.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> I found one of the chests in Desert Highlands, near Giant's Steps (just north of Windshear Scarps on the map). And yeah, definitely bring swiftness/movement skills, otherwise she'll get away from you quickly.

Even with them, these skritt are faster than folks that are faster than a centaur ;)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > I found one of the chests in Desert Highlands, near Giant's Steps (just north of Windshear Scarps on the map). And yeah, definitely bring swiftness/movement skills, otherwise she'll get away from you quickly.

>

> Even with them, these skritt are faster than folks that are faster than a centaur ;)

You are not considered in combat when chasing a skritt (at least I wasn't when I did it), so unless you are activating it in an area densely populated with enemies (why would you do that you masochist? ;) ), you should be able to mount up, and get ahead of the rat to put some good hits in.

Kitty now checked some of the positions mentioned in the thread and after doing 2 of the points 3 times, she can quite certainly call them confirmed spawns.

So, the chests respawn at about 30 mins after previous kill. The chests stay on the ground for about 60-90 seconds, Kitty thinks and peoples didn't need to have hit the skritt to get the loots, just loot it before it expires.

First chest is at

> @Jesseii.2097 said:

> Hi guys!! About 5 minutes ago I found the Caffeinated Skritt. I just thought I should update the thread with the location he spawned in for me.

>

> https://imgur.com/a/X6JXX

>

> Thanks again for all of the information that was shared. <3

2nd is at https://imgur.com/a/g9lG9

> @LadyKitty.6120 said:

> Kitty now checked some of the positions mentioned in the thread and after doing 2 of the points 3 times, she can quite certainly call them confirmed spawns.

> So, the chests respawn at about 30 mins after previous kill. The chests stay on the ground for about 60-90 seconds, Kitty thinks and peoples didn't need to have hit the skritt to get the loots, just loot it before it expires.

>

> First chest is at

>

> > @Jesseii.2097 said:

> > Hi guys!! About 5 minutes ago I found the Caffeinated Skritt. I just thought I should update the thread with the location he spawned in for me.

> >

> > https://imgur.com/a/X6JXX

> >

> > Thanks again for all of the information that was shared. <3

>

> 2nd is at https://imgur.com/a/g9lG9

You are right, you actually don't have to participate in the kill at all. All you have to do is run up and loot his corpse/loot bags that have been left behind, as they are lootable by all. Engaging skritt doesn't put you in combat (thus far), so there is never actual lock on the loot that forces participation. Sometimes I will pass by seeing skriit loot from a kill that happened before I even was there, and I am still able to loot it.

> @Jesseii.2097 said:

> Hi guys!! About 5 minutes ago I found the Caffeinated Skritt. I just thought I should update the thread with the location he spawned in for me.

>

> https://imgur.com/a/X6JXX

>

> Thanks again for all of the information that was shared. <3

I can confirm this, just went there, got the collection thingy, I wonder if she only drops one of those items at most and if I can get those for other classes.