BUG Stow weapon cancels kneel

Kalsa.1580

Anybody else want to test this? I was trying to stow rifle before dodging to account for the "new" stealth mechanic and noticed it cancelling kneel. Also, why is the new rifle 4 a ground target? It takes longer to cast and fails if your mouse pointer is out of range

Kneeling rifle 4 is also very iffy especially if you suffer from higher latencies - it will either not cast, or double cast. Getting out of rifle 5 is also very "sticky" and unreliable (either by pressing again) and you have to wait slightly if you want to use the initial dodge or you are rooted in place, the action is not very smooth. Sometimes after a kneel, I can use movement to get out of the kneel [this only happens rarely]. I don't know, it's unreliable/janky/buggy.

I tried stowing before dodging (using dodge in the middle of stow animation) but I could not get it to cancel the kneel, am I doing it incorrectly to what you are doing?

Also I don't know if there's an out of combat reset for the kneel stealth reset, I have to randomly make sure I kneel to reset because there were times I would not stealth dodge when I get to another fight.

> @"Kalsa.1580" said:

> Also, why is the new rifle 4 a ground target? It takes longer to cast and fails if your mouse pointer is out of range

i would for rifle4_kneel to be a copy of "Shield of Wrath" / guardian focus5 skill instead of a clunky copy of smoke screen. probably then it would see better use as a defensive (and given the right situations, offensive) skill

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> doesn't stowing cancel weapon abilities? And kneel is a weapon ability right?

> Does it also cancel kneel when you swap weapon sets?... because its the same thing isn't it?

You can only kneel with a rifle selected and it's like a stance that you're forced into. Weapon swapping or stowing breaks that, because the stance itself only works while wielding the rifle.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > doesn't stowing cancel weapon abilities? And kneel is a weapon ability right?

> > Does it also cancel kneel when you swap weapon sets?... because its the same thing isn't it?

>

> You can only kneel with a rifle selected and it's like a stance that you're forced into. Weapon swapping or stowing breaks that, because the stance itself only works while wielding the rifle.

exactly what i said....

basically its not a bug or a problem