Regretful Lion Store Purchase

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > why i never have these problems? (serious question)... am not einstein or anything... but i just dont

>

> Are you suspicious of companies that want your money? I am, and as a result make sure what "it" costs and what I'd be getting before I jump in.

no... but i value my money... or in this case e-money... and i just dont click on things unless i'm certain i want that thing.

like for example if i see... an ad with a phone deal $15 get 20gb of data... in big signs... i would ask why is it so cheap and continue reading the details below the big letters... (for first 2 months only) then i think to myself, "oh that's why" and move on...

i mean do ppl not think about these things and just buy whataever looks good to them?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

>

> That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

>

> Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> >

> > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> >

> > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

>

> When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > >

> > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > >

> > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> >

> > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

>

> When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > >

> > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > >

> > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > >

> > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> >

> > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

>

> Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > >

> > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > >

> > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> >

> > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

>

> Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

>

> And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > > >

> > > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > > >

> > > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> > >

> > > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> >

> > Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

> >

> > And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

>

> The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

And the point is, even with cars you don’t know what you’re getting till you research it first.

You go to the car lot and you’ll see cars with prices and listed features. Are the prices in the usual range? Does this brand have an unexpected percent of repairs? What type of repairs? Did you google the Vin to check that particular car’s history and number of owners. I check all that and then have my mechanic look the car over. With that information I’ve ruled out cars that have a higher than average repair rate with expensive repairs and my mechanic shop thumbed down a car I was going to buy after they found damage to the frame. None of that stuff is visible to you when you’re at the car sale’s shop and the salesman for sure won’t tell you.

If you’re buying something that has information outside your immediate purchase listing then a careful buyer should check. The mount license he bought was a “black box” with no preview features. That should have given him pause before purchase to take a few minutes to google (or to make a post on the forum to ask).

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > > > >

> > > > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> > > >

> > > > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> > >

> > > Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

> > >

> > > And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

> >

> > The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

>

> And the point is, even with cars you don’t know what you’re getting till you research it first.

>

> You go to the car lot and you’ll see cars with prices and listed features. Are the prices in the usual range? Does this brand have an unexpected percent of repairs? What type of repairs? Did you google the Vin to check that particular car’s history and number of owners. I check all that and then have my mechanic look the car over. With that information I’ve ruled out cars that have a higher than average repair rate with expensive repairs and my mechanic shop thumbed down a car I was going to buy after they found damage to the frame. None of that stuff is visible to you when you’re at the car sale’s shop and the salesman for sure won’t tell you.

>

> If you’re buying something that has information outside your immediate purchase listing then a carefull buyer should check. The mount license he bought was a “black box” with no preview features. That should have given him pause before purchase to take a few minutes to google (or to make a post on the forum to ask).

Customers should demand fair treatment from companies. Currently, everything is dictated by corporations and customers are weak link in the market. Anet loses nothing if they took time and provided proper description and preview options for the content they sell. Because I assume you do not believe their lackluster gemstore descriptions are intentional.

Now, we've reached the point where we are starting running in circles. I will never agree to you defensive arguments and you will never agree with me. Fortunately, Gaile acknowledged lackluster gemstore descriptions this week in other thread about similar case and said she's sending a word to gemstore team. Let's wait for an outcome of this in near future, if ever.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> > > >

> > > > Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

> > > >

> > > > And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

> > >

> > > The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

> >

> > And the point is, even with cars you don’t know what you’re getting till you research it first.

> >

> > You go to the car lot and you’ll see cars with prices and listed features. Are the prices in the usual range? Does this brand have an unexpected percent of repairs? What type of repairs? Did you google the Vin to check that particular car’s history and number of owners. I check all that and then have my mechanic look the car over. With that information I’ve ruled out cars that have a higher than average repair rate with expensive repairs and my mechanic shop thumbed down a car I was going to buy after they found damage to the frame. None of that stuff is visible to you when you’re at the car sale’s shop and the salesman for sure won’t tell you.

> >

> > If you’re buying something that has information outside your immediate purchase listing then a carefull buyer should check. The mount license he bought was a “black box” with no preview features. That should have given him pause before purchase to take a few minutes to google (or to make a post on the forum to ask).

>

> Customers should demand fair treatment from companies. Currently, everything is dictated by corporations and customers are weak link in the market. Anet loses nothing if they took time and provided proper description and preview options for the content they sell. Because I assume you do not believe their lackluster gemstore descriptions are intentional.

>

> Now, we've reached the point where we are starting running in circles. I will never agree to you defensive arguments and you will never agree with me. Fortunately, Gaile acknowledged lackluster gemstore descriptions this week in other thread about similar case and said she's sending a word to gemstore team. Let's wait for an outcome of this in near future, if ever.

Gemstore information is always good and they should have a preview of what’s in those licenses, but even that won’t necessarily save you from a bad purchase. I bought the Red Panda mini the first day it was available. I looked at the mini pictured in the gemstore and it looked great. I saw the Dulfy video showing it too. Then i bought it and was deeply disappointed with it as it was (and is) a poorly pixilated mess. If I had done more research, such as checking the forums, I would have seen the posts complaining about its poor quality. I complained to support, not that that did me any good, and I whined on the forums on the thread about it..... and was told I should have checked it out more thoroughly before purchase. lol

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

> > > > >

> > > > > And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

> > > >

> > > > The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

> > >

> > > And the point is, even with cars you don’t know what you’re getting till you research it first.

> > >

> > > You go to the car lot and you’ll see cars with prices and listed features. Are the prices in the usual range? Does this brand have an unexpected percent of repairs? What type of repairs? Did you google the Vin to check that particular car’s history and number of owners. I check all that and then have my mechanic look the car over. With that information I’ve ruled out cars that have a higher than average repair rate with expensive repairs and my mechanic shop thumbed down a car I was going to buy after they found damage to the frame. None of that stuff is visible to you when you’re at the car sale’s shop and the salesman for sure won’t tell you.

> > >

> > > If you’re buying something that has information outside your immediate purchase listing then a carefull buyer should check. The mount license he bought was a “black box” with no preview features. That should have given him pause before purchase to take a few minutes to google (or to make a post on the forum to ask).

> >

> > Customers should demand fair treatment from companies. Currently, everything is dictated by corporations and customers are weak link in the market. Anet loses nothing if they took time and provided proper description and preview options for the content they sell. Because I assume you do not believe their lackluster gemstore descriptions are intentional.

> >

> > Now, we've reached the point where we are starting running in circles. I will never agree to you defensive arguments and you will never agree with me. Fortunately, Gaile acknowledged lackluster gemstore descriptions this week in other thread about similar case and said she's sending a word to gemstore team. Let's wait for an outcome of this in near future, if ever.

>

> Gemstore information is always good and they should have a preview of what’s in those licenses, but even that won’t necessarily save you from a bad purchase.

Thank you for sharing your personal story. It's irrelevant. I never said anything about bad purchases. I said that gemstore doesn't provide proper purchase description and/or preview. You can't see mounts available through adoption license until you buy it. So unless anet loves to bathe in refund tickets like OP had to submit, they should put some effort into gemstore (again) so their monetization tools are properly described and previewed.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

I am pretty sure everyone agrees on that, there's not really an argument. I just found it more difficult than I prefer to "find" which random kit contained a skin that I might have a chance to get if I made the purchase (this was a couple months back) but the Hopper skin I was after wasn't even a possibility in the kit I purchased.

No biggy, was a gamble anyway but left me not feeling real keen on the whole thing.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

> > > > >

> > > > > The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

> > > >

> > > > And the point is, even with cars you don’t know what you’re getting till you research it first.

> > > >

> > > > You go to the car lot and you’ll see cars with prices and listed features. Are the prices in the usual range? Does this brand have an unexpected percent of repairs? What type of repairs? Did you google the Vin to check that particular car’s history and number of owners. I check all that and then have my mechanic look the car over. With that information I’ve ruled out cars that have a higher than average repair rate with expensive repairs and my mechanic shop thumbed down a car I was going to buy after they found damage to the frame. None of that stuff is visible to you when you’re at the car sale’s shop and the salesman for sure won’t tell you.

> > > >

> > > > If you’re buying something that has information outside your immediate purchase listing then a carefull buyer should check. The mount license he bought was a “black box” with no preview features. That should have given him pause before purchase to take a few minutes to google (or to make a post on the forum to ask).

> > >

> > > Customers should demand fair treatment from companies. Currently, everything is dictated by corporations and customers are weak link in the market. Anet loses nothing if they took time and provided proper description and preview options for the content they sell. Because I assume you do not believe their lackluster gemstore descriptions are intentional.

> > >

> > > Now, we've reached the point where we are starting running in circles. I will never agree to you defensive arguments and you will never agree with me. Fortunately, Gaile acknowledged lackluster gemstore descriptions this week in other thread about similar case and said she's sending a word to gemstore team. Let's wait for an outcome of this in near future, if ever.

> >

> > Gemstore information is always good and they should have a preview of what’s in those licenses, but even that won’t necessarily save you from a bad purchase.

>

> Thank you for sharing your personal story. It's irrelevant. I never said anything about bad purchases. I said that gemstore doesn't provide proper purchase description and/or preview. You can't see mounts available through adoption license until you buy it. So unless anet loves to bathe in refund tickets like OP had to submit, they should put some effort into gemstore (again) so their monetization tools are properly described and previewed.

>

And the point I was making that even with a “described item” and a preview it still was insufficient to give me all the information I needed and I still needed outside information to make an informed purchase. There’s no way that a preview &/or description is going to answer all questions for all purchasers and there’s only so much information that the gemstore is going to provide. Over and beyond what the gemstore can provide requires research.

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > There is no obligation for any customer to acknowledge the existence of wiki, which is run by players, not anet anyway.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That's like saying there's no obligation of a car buyer to read reviews from automotive websites or customers, since those are written by drivers, not the manufacturer — although true, it's moot. Anyone wishing to make an informed decision should avail themselves of, you know, available information.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Can ANet do better at their descriptions? Sure. Should they? I'd like them to, yes. But the discriminating consumer shouldn't rely on ANet alone.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > When you buy a car, you know what's inside. You don't know what's inside mount license unless you check 3rd party (or buy it). Gemstore descriptions should be improved.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > When you go to buy a car you know what it looks like and its listed features but to know more, such a average frequency and types of repairs, average ratings by past owners or that particular car’s history then you need to check out information from other people. The gemstore should have a way to preview mounts in a package before purchase but since they don’t then a careful buyer looks for that information before buying.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well, you don't know the content of mount adoption license before you check it in 3rd party or buy it, unlike car.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wasn’t that the point? That the OP should have checked the Mount Adoption licenses at a 3rd party site before buying since you don’t know the content at the Gemstore?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And if you go to buy a car without doing research first, you’re going to get rooked.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The point is, when you sell something you should provide what you are selling. How can you check the content of mount adoption in gemstore? You can't. And no customer has obligation to acknowledge the existence of gw2 wiki

> > > > >

> > > > > And the point is, even with cars you don’t know what you’re getting till you research it first.

> > > > >

> > > > > You go to the car lot and you’ll see cars with prices and listed features. Are the prices in the usual range? Does this brand have an unexpected percent of repairs? What type of repairs? Did you google the Vin to check that particular car’s history and number of owners. I check all that and then have my mechanic look the car over. With that information I’ve ruled out cars that have a higher than average repair rate with expensive repairs and my mechanic shop thumbed down a car I was going to buy after they found damage to the frame. None of that stuff is visible to you when you’re at the car sale’s shop and the salesman for sure won’t tell you.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you’re buying something that has information outside your immediate purchase listing then a carefull buyer should check. The mount license he bought was a “black box” with no preview features. That should have given him pause before purchase to take a few minutes to google (or to make a post on the forum to ask).

> > > >

> > > > Customers should demand fair treatment from companies. Currently, everything is dictated by corporations and customers are weak link in the market. Anet loses nothing if they took time and provided proper description and preview options for the content they sell. Because I assume you do not believe their lackluster gemstore descriptions are intentional.

> > > >

> > > > Now, we've reached the point where we are starting running in circles. I will never agree to you defensive arguments and you will never agree with me. Fortunately, Gaile acknowledged lackluster gemstore descriptions this week in other thread about similar case and said she's sending a word to gemstore team. Let's wait for an outcome of this in near future, if ever.

> > >

> > > Gemstore information is always good and they should have a preview of what’s in those licenses, but even that won’t necessarily save you from a bad purchase.

> >

> > Thank you for sharing your personal story. It's irrelevant. I never said anything about bad purchases. I said that gemstore doesn't provide proper purchase description and/or preview. You can't see mounts available through adoption license until you buy it. So unless anet loves to bathe in refund tickets like OP had to submit, they should put some effort into gemstore (again) so their monetization tools are properly described and previewed.

> >

>

> And the point I was making that even with a “described item” and a preview it still was insufficient to give me all the information I needed and I still needed outside information to make an informed purchase. There’s no way that a preview &/or description is going to answer all questions for all purchasers and there’s only so much information that the gemstore is going to provide. Over and beyond what the gemstore can provide requires research.

The point of the thread is irrelevant to your personal story. OP can't check the content of the license ticket without buying it. Capiche?

> @"Elva.6372" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

>

> > Actually, a customer doing some research before a purchase is always a prudent thing. Not to cast dark aspersions on salesmen and -women, but do you always blindly take what they say as the (whole) truth? Unless you make unnecessarily convoluted descriptions of your products (you know, like legal documents), there will always be people who misinterpret the information given. I've seen people interpret the simplest of explanations in the most mind-bogglingly misguided ways, so you'll never be 100% covered, no matter how you describe/market your product. For me, personally, having 2 mount adoption licenses with their individual names (Mount Adoption License and Istani Isles Mount Adoption License) makes it pretty obvious I'm not dealing with the same product but 2 different ones. The differing number of licenses each entire collection contains would be a second obvious sign.

>

> Hence the word "necessarily" but sure _caveat emptor_ always a good rule to follow - but ANet made the mount thing overly complicated. I don't mind or care that it is random, but splitting it out where one product has some mounts and the other different one -that's what trips up peeps if they were select the wrong one.

>

> Additionally, would have been helluva lot more straightforward to have Raptor, Hopper, Skimmer, Jackal and Gryphon mounts in their own random skin packages.

>

>

Only the more reason to do your research. It could be done better, but it's certainly not insufficient.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Elva.6372" said:

> > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> >

> > > Actually, a customer doing some research before a purchase is always a prudent thing. Not to cast dark aspersions on salesmen and -women, but do you always blindly take what they say as the (whole) truth? Unless you make unnecessarily convoluted descriptions of your products (you know, like legal documents), there will always be people who misinterpret the information given. I've seen people interpret the simplest of explanations in the most mind-bogglingly misguided ways, so you'll never be 100% covered, no matter how you describe/market your product. For me, personally, having 2 mount adoption licenses with their individual names (Mount Adoption License and Istani Isles Mount Adoption License) makes it pretty obvious I'm not dealing with the same product but 2 different ones. The differing number of licenses each entire collection contains would be a second obvious sign.

> >

> > Hence the word "necessarily" but sure _caveat emptor_ always a good rule to follow - but ANet made the mount thing overly complicated. I don't mind or care that it is random, but splitting it out where one product has some mounts and the other different one -that's what trips up peeps if they were select the wrong one.

> >

> > Additionally, would have been helluva lot more straightforward to have Raptor, Hopper, Skimmer, Jackal and Gryphon mounts in their own random skin packages.

> >

> >

>

> Only the more reason to do your research. It could be done better, but it's certainly not insufficient.

Customers should always demand better or we make companies comfortable with below mediocre.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Elva.6372" said:

> > > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > >

> > > > Actually, a customer doing some research before a purchase is always a prudent thing. Not to cast dark aspersions on salesmen and -women, but do you always blindly take what they say as the (whole) truth? Unless you make unnecessarily convoluted descriptions of your products (you know, like legal documents), there will always be people who misinterpret the information given. I've seen people interpret the simplest of explanations in the most mind-bogglingly misguided ways, so you'll never be 100% covered, no matter how you describe/market your product. For me, personally, having 2 mount adoption licenses with their individual names (Mount Adoption License and Istani Isles Mount Adoption License) makes it pretty obvious I'm not dealing with the same product but 2 different ones. The differing number of licenses each entire collection contains would be a second obvious sign.

> > >

> > > Hence the word "necessarily" but sure _caveat emptor_ always a good rule to follow - but ANet made the mount thing overly complicated. I don't mind or care that it is random, but splitting it out where one product has some mounts and the other different one -that's what trips up peeps if they were select the wrong one.

> > >

> > > Additionally, would have been helluva lot more straightforward to have Raptor, Hopper, Skimmer, Jackal and Gryphon mounts in their own random skin packages.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Only the more reason to do your research. It could be done better, but it's certainly not insufficient.

>

> Customers should always demand better or we make companies comfortable with below mediocre.

There isn't anything mediocre about how anyone can get information about anything in this game. I know you discount the wiki, but that's just lazy. That's like dismissing the manual.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Elva.6372" said:

> > > > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Actually, a customer doing some research before a purchase is always a prudent thing. Not to cast dark aspersions on salesmen and -women, but do you always blindly take what they say as the (whole) truth? Unless you make unnecessarily convoluted descriptions of your products (you know, like legal documents), there will always be people who misinterpret the information given. I've seen people interpret the simplest of explanations in the most mind-bogglingly misguided ways, so you'll never be 100% covered, no matter how you describe/market your product. For me, personally, having 2 mount adoption licenses with their individual names (Mount Adoption License and Istani Isles Mount Adoption License) makes it pretty obvious I'm not dealing with the same product but 2 different ones. The differing number of licenses each entire collection contains would be a second obvious sign.

> > > >

> > > > Hence the word "necessarily" but sure _caveat emptor_ always a good rule to follow - but ANet made the mount thing overly complicated. I don't mind or care that it is random, but splitting it out where one product has some mounts and the other different one -that's what trips up peeps if they were select the wrong one.

> > > >

> > > > Additionally, would have been helluva lot more straightforward to have Raptor, Hopper, Skimmer, Jackal and Gryphon mounts in their own random skin packages.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Only the more reason to do your research. It could be done better, but it's certainly not insufficient.

> >

> > Customers should always demand better or we make companies comfortable with below mediocre.

>

> There isn't anything mediocre about how anyone can get information about anything in this game. I know you discount the wiki, but that's just lazy. That's like dismissing the manual.

Stick to the gemstore. It's a shop, they are expecting to earn money on selling you digital goods. Just like in every store, I expect I will be informed about the content of my purchase. There is nowhere in gemstore any link or information provided how to aquire full information about the purchase. Nothing wrong in directing players to relevant, official sources, but even that is not present there.

I don't understand your point. The information players need is available ... IF they choose to use it. Just because it's not directly where you want it doesn't mean it's not there to be used. It's actually not standard for games to provide this information while you play them ... so I don't get the idea that the situation here is exceptional.

Yeah ANet makes pretty much everything in its store unclear to some degree or other, but thankfully their support staff knows this and gives out refunds fairly liberally, especially if you contact them immediately after the purchase, and before having bound the item to your account, I've had a refund for a similar situation three times, once even when they couldn't remove the item from my account.

Strange. I've never, ever had a problem with something being unclear on the gemstore. It's always been perfectly clear to me what I was buying. Then again, I also don't impose illogical limitations on myself and check available sources to make sure. But so far I've always interpreted my purchases correctly. Perhaps it's a matter of English not being everyone's native language?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Stick to the gemstore. It's a shop, they are expecting to earn money on selling you digital goods. Just like in every store, I expect I will be informed about the content of my purchase. There is nowhere in gemstore any link or information provided how to aquire full information about the purchase. Nothing wrong in directing players to relevant, official sources, but even that is not present there.

Again, ANet could do more, they probably should do more, but that doesn't mean that the customer should assume, as you do, that all the info they could ever want is going to be provided at the gem shop.

And sorry, the wiki is an "official" source, it's just not written by employees of ANet. You can even see a link to it in one of the navbars of every "official" GW2 web page, including this one (upper left, fourth item). Plus, typing `/wiki` in game leads directly to the source.

In fact, many would argue that one of the reasons the wiki is superior is that it doesn't depend on ANet employees, which means it can avoid marketing jargon, offer details that ANet would never have time to document, and steer people to financially relevant details (e.g. that it's unlikely that anyone is going to break even on costs from various gem shop items).

Sure would nice if one of these threads didn't turn into another back and forth. As much as I admire those of you who apparently walk on water, the OP is making a suggestion. Mistakes happen. Anything that helps players from making further mistakes is helpful not only to people but toward the game itself.

Let's not take it any further than that, please.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> Yeah ANet makes pretty much everything in its store unclear to some degree or other, but thankfully their support staff knows this and gives out refunds fairly liberally, especially if you contact them immediately after the purchase, and before having bound the item to your account, I've had a refund for a similar situation three times, once even when they couldn't remove the item from my account.

Thank you. I agree. Luckily, the support staff is forgiving and more than understanding. :)