serial question: what is the point of aviator's memory box?

as someone who is a minimalist, every time i see/receive an item that has no point whatsoever, it triggers something deep inside of me that i can't explain. you could say this box is like box o' fun, but at least the latter has a purpose (i.e. to make legendary pistol)... but aviator's memory box... what is hte point of this???? exactly?

i feel like sometimes anet is like my mom... someone who collects random pots and pans and crooks and wahtever,, that dont serve any purpose but to fill the house with utter junks. :/

opinions?

![](https://i.imgur.com/ft7QIQZ.png"")

It's all and none of the above... It's a **TOY** It's something created to have fun... Initially it wasn't even for sale, just a April fool's joke. Everyone was running around like this for a day or so.

People loved it so much that eventually Arena Net turned it into a toy, and people buy it. It's a fun joke. And a way for Arena Net to get some gems spent, and a way for players to "troll" others. Just like the Bobblehead Laboratory, the boxes of fun, the Water Baloon Bucket, the cauldron, etc.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> It's all and none of the above... It's a **TOY** It's something created to have fun... Initially it wasn't even for sale, just a April fool's joke. Everyone was running around like this for a day or so.

> People loved it so much that eventually Arena Net turned it into a toy, and people buy it. It's a fun joke. And a way for Arena Net to get some gems spent, and a way for players to "troll" others. Just like the Bobblehead Laboratory, the boxes of fun, the Water Baloon Bucket, the cauldron, etc.

Oh. I see. I wish it remained an April's FOol Joke. Now every time I open cache in TD i get turned into Kate Winslet... and it's so annoying.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> Look before you interact?

> Trolls will troll regardless of the Aviator box or not.

> The most common trolls use Black Lion NPCs actually.

its not about that. if anet makes the box prioritize the f button. its not my fault if i get the box instead of the cache.

i actually dont mind BL or merchant... as they dont turn u into kate winslet.

the key point here being kate winslet and not wanting to pose like her

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Doesn't interacting with it again turn it off?

> Have you tried using the 'Next Ally' option, to cycle through the Interacts?

am out of buttons to assign keys to >.> tab = next enemy caps lock = look back...

Edit: actually you know what, thanks for this suggestion. i assigned next ally to left shift

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> Um . . . what the heck is a 'serial' question?

a series of questions

@"Samnang.1879" That implies more than one. You only asked what the point of it is. You sure you just didn't misunderstand the difference between 'serial' and 'serious'?

Regardless of that, it's a toy item from April Fools that went over like a lead brick back-in-the-day. Don't draw any conclusions from them. Some people use them as entertainment for their guild events or gatherings to entertain their in-game guests.

Nothing more.

@"Samnang.1879" Um . . . not to be the Grammar police, but asking our opinions isn't a question in addition to the original question. It's kind of implied when you ask the original question. Like this: What's your opinion on the point of the Aviator's Memory Box?

Either way, sure. Asked and answered.

It was just for fun. It was the joke for a 1st of April day, and I found it pretty good. I can recall the good laughing we had with friends.

Now regarding the problem OP is talking about: It is not only the aviator box. There are 100 of cases like that in the game, some intentional, some not. For example, currently, in Divinity Reach home, if you have the oyster node and you have done ally with quaggans in your personal storyline, quaggans at your home are standing ON the oyster. To farm it then needs to first achieve to select the oyster, otherwise, you keep talking to quaggans... =)

And there are soooooooooooooo many of that type, plus of course the trolls who who get fun at putting merchant, BL trader or whatever else on nodes, mostly of course on rich veins... Spoiling straight gathering....

Best trick is "next ally". Sometimes, to use mouse pointer and try to catch a piece of the object works. But it can be difficult.

As for fixing the root cause: It is not possible. Either it is not intentional, and Anet has - by far - higher priorities than to fix such stuff, or that's trolls who feel proud of their little jokes and get even more fun when they see people complaining about. :)

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> the key point here being kate winslet and not wanting to pose like her

Click the box again, it will disable the aviator mode.

And to answer your question: it's a toy. The same as movement toys (carpet, broom etc), balloons and kites, fireworks etc. It has no other function, but that one function it has is enough for many people.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> @"Samnang.1879" Um . . . not to be the Grammar police, but asking our opinions isn't a question in addition to the original question. It's kind of implied when you ask the original question. Like this: What's your opinion on the point of the Aviator's Memory Box?

>

> Either way, sure. Asked and answered.

when i asked, "opinions?" i was wondering if ppl agreed with me regarding this statement, _"i feel like sometimes anet is like my mom... someone who collects random pots and pans and crooks and wahtever,, that dont serve any purpose but to fill the house with utter junks"_ ... not regarding the "purpose of the box"... that one you could just vote it... dont need to give opinion... o_o...

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

>* To troll ppl at caches/chests (TD/AB)

>* for role players to pretend they're kate winslet and leonardo di caprio

>* to waste people's gems

Why are most of your options so negative?

The item is a toy, just like _Box of Fun_. If you don't like it, you can always destroy it.

Edit: I'm not convinced that "serial question" is an actual term suitable for this discussion.

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> Why are most of your options so negative?

>

honey, it's in the first paragraph... _"as someone who is a minimalist, every time i see/receive an item that has no point whatsoever, it triggers something deep inside of me that i can't explain. you could say this box is like box o' fun, but at least the latter has a purpose (i.e. to make legendary pistol).. ..."_

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > Why are most of your options so negative?

> >

>

> honey, it's in the first paragraph... _"as someone who is a minimalist, every time i see/receive an item that has no point whatsoever, it triggers something deep inside of me that i can't explain. you could say this box is like box o' fun, but at least the latter has a purpose (i.e. to make legendary pistol).. ..."_

+++++

>see/receive an item that has no point whatsoever

But this item **does** have a purpose, even if you can't see it, honey.

This is like saying "I'm not interested in books about cooking, therefore cookery books are pointless" . With all due respect, you should probably be more aware that there are other players with different tastes within the game.

As I mentioned previously, if you don't like it and know that you won't be using it, why not just destroy the item?

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > Why are most of your options so negative?

> > >

> >

> > honey, it's in the first paragraph... _"as someone who is a minimalist, every time i see/receive an item that has no point whatsoever, it triggers something deep inside of me that i can't explain. you could say this box is like box o' fun, but at least the latter has a purpose (i.e. to make legendary pistol).. ..."_

>

> +++++

> >see/receive an item that has no point whatsoever

>

> But this item **does** have a purpose, even if you can't see it, honey.

> This is like saying "I'm not interested in books about cooking, therefore cookery books are pointless" . With all due respect, you should probably be more aware that there are other players with different tastes within the game.

So much this.

I don’t have an Aviator Box, I do have a BobbleHead Laboratory though, which is the same concept of toy. It’s just a fun thing to use if/when you see them, like nostalgia. It’s the same reason I own the SAB Duskk Boom boxes.

You can easily avoid using them (chests are bigger targets than these interactables, so click on the chest to prioritise them), or reuse the Aviator box to disable the effect again. No harm done.

This forum is full of people with differing views and opinions. If you, or anyone else, says "I like x" there will be those who respond with "I hate x".

The way they do that depends on the subject, the responder and the way you phrase your posts. If someone were to say "I not an idiot so I like x" then they'd get different responses than if they just said "I like x", for example.

In short, maybe it's the way you're saying things?

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> -__- i feel like this forum likes to go against me, if i said I LOVEEE aviator box,, yall would be like,, "I hate them why u post a thread about this"... -__-

People like to disagree, and it's more conductive to discussion.

People who don't like it but don't absolutely hate it would probably look at the topic and think "Yeah it is pointless" and carry on because they don't have much to add to it. People who like it or understand why other people like it will come to try and explain and those who love it will come to defend it. That's just how the internet goes.