Need help downloading Arcdps

Hello all, i have been playing gw2 in and out for a few years, i have been playing consistently for a few months now and i want to download arcdps so that i can personally improve my dps in high end fractals and eventually into raids. But my problem lies when i download the d3d9.dll. I click the link and it goes down to the download box, but when i click that to start it, a prompt shows up and says, _"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."_

Well i am not really good with computers, i know the basics like emails, searching the web, word, power point, excel, playing video games....but i don't know the techy stuff, so it would be nice if the community can help me out with this, thanks in advance.

P.S. i did not have any trouble downloading GW2 Taco when i did SAB a few weeks ago.

> @"Granada Garuda.8391" said:

> Hello all, i have been playing gw2 in and out for a few years, i have been playing consistently for a few months now and i want to download arcdps so that i can personally improve my dps in high end fractals and eventually into raids. But my problem lies when i download the d3d9.dll. I click the link and it goes down to the download box, but when i click that to start it, a prompt shows up and says, _"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."_

I hate to be negative, but ... ArcDPS is essentially a hack, and that means it requires a higher level of knowledge of how it works than this question demonstrates. I think you

will find that it causes you more trouble than anything else. If you do use it, make absolutely sure you also know how to update it in future, as you will need to do that after every patch.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Granada Garuda.8391" said:

> > Hello all, i have been playing gw2 in and out for a few years, i have been playing consistently for a few months now and i want to download arcdps so that i can personally improve my dps in high end fractals and eventually into raids. But my problem lies when i download the d3d9.dll. I click the link and it goes down to the download box, but when i click that to start it, a prompt shows up and says, _"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."_

>

> I hate to be negative, but ... ArcDPS is essentially a hack, and that means it requires a higher level of knowledge of how it works than this question demonstrates. I think you

> will find that it causes you more trouble than anything else. If you do use it, make absolutely sure you also know how to update it in future, as you will need to do that after every patch.

>

>

yeah i have people in my guild always annoyed about reinstalling arc every time there is a new patch. I know i will have to deal with it if i find a way to install it, but that's a problem for later.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > Hello all, i have been playing gw2 in and out for a few years, i have been playing consistently for a few months now and i want to download arcdps so that i can personally improve my dps in high end fractals and eventually into raids. But my problem lies when i download the d3d9.dll. I click the link and it goes down to the download box, but when i click that to start it, a prompt shows up and says, _"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."_

>

> I hate to be negative, but ... ArcDPS is essentially a hack, and that means it requires a higher level of knowledge of how it works than this question demonstrates. I think you

> will find that it causes you more trouble than anything else. If you do use it, make absolutely sure you also know how to update it in future, as you will need to do that after every patch.

>

>

Its easy just download d3d9.dll put it into bin folder start game. Its not that hard

The instructions are on the arcDPS page. It's really very easy.

Just download the one file, d3d9.dll, and put it in your gw2 bin folder.

Job done.

edit: when you next run the game it will be available to use, but to bring up the UI overlay you need to press shift+alt+t and then you can fiddle with your preferences

> @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> The instructions are on the arcDPS page. It's really very easy.

> Just download the one file, d3d9.dll, and put it in your gw2 bin folder.

> Job done.

> edit: when you next run the game it will be available to use, but to bring up the UI overlay you need to press shift+alt+t and then you can fiddle with your preferences

Yeah i did read the guide and all a couple of times actually, none of it addresses my problem. When i try to open the download it says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." That is where i'm stuck.

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"Granada Garuda.8391" said:

> > > Hello all, i have been playing gw2 in and out for a few years, i have been playing consistently for a few months now and i want to download arcdps so that i can personally improve my dps in high end fractals and eventually into raids. But my problem lies when i download the d3d9.dll. I click the link and it goes down to the download box, but when i click that to start it, a prompt shows up and says, _"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."_

> >

> > I hate to be negative, but ... ArcDPS is essentially a hack, and that means it requires a higher level of knowledge of how it works than this question demonstrates. I think you

> > will find that it causes you more trouble than anything else. If you do use it, make absolutely sure you also know how to update it in future, as you will need to do that after every patch.

> >

> >

>

> yeah i have people in my guild always annoyed about reinstalling arc every time there is a new patch. I know i will have to deal with it if i find a way to install it, but that's a problem for later.

Its nothing to install its not a exe file just put the d3d9.dll file in gw 2 bin folder and start game

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

>

> > Its nothing to install its not a exe file just put the d3d9.dll file in gw 2 bin folder and start game

> ok so i put in the bin folder like you said and now i have an error (gw2-64.exe), and could not play the game until i deleted it.

>

Then you lack a ms file package

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

>

> > Its nothing to install its not a exe file just put the d3d9.dll file in gw 2 bin folder and start game

> ok so i put in the bin folder like you said and now i have an error (gw2-64.exe), and could not play the game until i deleted it.

>

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3179560/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package

Install this i had same issue until i got this

If it dont work check this site https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> >

> > > Its nothing to install its not a exe file just put the d3d9.dll file in gw 2 bin folder and start game

> > ok so i put in the bin folder like you said and now i have an error (gw2-64.exe), and could not play the game until i deleted it.

> >

> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3179560/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package

> Install this i had same issue until i got this

> If it dont work check this site https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/

sorry been busy the last few days with work and did not have time to login, i just downloaded that visual c after it said finish i tried putting the d3d9.dll on the bin folder again and ran gw2 and it still got error like before. thanks for trying anyway, also did not see any useful information in the arcdps website before.