tickets delay and people harrasment.

Anet,

I did a ticket on the fact i bought an outfit 2 times by accident, so its 700 gems sitting in my inventory, no answers, good customer support.

Then, im really amazed at what you allow in the game, knowing that you can access our chats, i dont know how you can allow people harrassing others, and i mean pretty heavy harrassment, report function is basicly useless, your TOS matter to you only when you need it, its sad.

ps: I've been playing since launch, always trusted the management of harassment and these kind of matters, but when i see the toxicity allowed in this game, I see i was dellusional.

If they didnt respond to you ticket, they will soon enough. Give them time, your ticket isnt the only one on the menu.

When it comes to toxic people, report, block and ignore. Thats all you can do. Eventualy they will hopefuly get some sort of warning or a temporary ban.

Last week someone posted a thread about sending a ticket for an outfit issue, and they posted the reply here. It started by saying that ANet is swamped with tickets right now, hence the late reply. Since your ticket is on the same pile, I would guess the same applies here.

The fact that people are being toxic in chat doesn't mean ANet ignores it completely. But just like bullying in a playground, you can't stop it entirely, unless you allow no one to be there. There is something called response time, and then you also have to take into account not everyone reports such things. Some people brush it off and go on their way, others are too shy to say anything about it, and there are a myriad other reasons. ANet also doesn't have the manpower to extensively check every single report they receive, and they certainly don't ban people based on a single report from another person. If said person is reported multiple times for an extended period of time, I would say it is something they'd explore more thoroughly (and I remember a dev saying something of the like on a Reddit post once). Yes, they can access chat, but it's not as if every map has a dev monitoring the chat 24/7, or breaking into personal chats to see if people are playing nice. They don't spy proactively, but they can check chats when they are given a reason to (the reports being said reason). But devs aren't hall monitors, so don't expect them to be.

A few thoughts on this:

- Did you get the 'almost-instant' reply that they actually received your ticket? If not, it may have been dumped in your spam folder or otherwise blocked by your email system.

- How long ago did you submit your ticket? Sometimes Anet can take a few days ro respond, depending on number of tickets in the queue, and the complexity of the issue.

- There's no actual way of knowing if reports are effective or not; when you /report someone, it's reviewed by a mod, and they must first decide whether or not they agree with the report - sometimes what you or I might Think of as harassment might not actually fit the bill. Second, they will not respond to you or anyone else with whether or not they take any action based on your report.

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> A few thoughts on this:

> - Did you get the 'almost-instant' reply that they actually received your ticket? If not, it may have been dumped in your spam folder or otherwise blocked by your email system.

> - How long ago did you submit your ticket? Sometimes Anet can take a few days ro respond, depending on number of tickets in the queue, and the complexity of the issue.

> - There's no actual way of knowing if reports are effective or not; when you /report someone, it's reviewed by a mod, and they must first decide whether or not they agree with the report - sometimes what you or I might Think of as harassment might not actually fit the bill. Second, they will not respond to you or anyone else with whether or not they take any action based on your report.

>

>

on the third point, i think that a dude feeling proud of being reported, and i meet him 3 times in a row in pvp he goes afk and says everyone is human trash and goes into whispering mode to harass, it shouldnt happen. Im not talking about casual toxicity, im talking about very bad harassment, and after all these years, im starting to loose faith in Anet, business model being already toxic, they add bad customer service AND bad community management, at this point i find it unacceptable, you'll say "dont play the game then" i guess, and I'm really getting close to it. Lets not even talk about PvP being disregarded.

> @"Ninic.8245" said:

> > @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > A few thoughts on this:

> > - Did you get the 'almost-instant' reply that they actually received your ticket? If not, it may have been dumped in your spam folder or otherwise blocked by your email system.

> > - How long ago did you submit your ticket? Sometimes Anet can take a few days ro respond, depending on number of tickets in the queue, and the complexity of the issue.

> > - There's no actual way of knowing if reports are effective or not; when you /report someone, it's reviewed by a mod, and they must first decide whether or not they agree with the report - sometimes what you or I might Think of as harassment might not actually fit the bill. Second, they will not respond to you or anyone else with whether or not they take any action based on your report.

> >

> >

>

> on the third point, i think that a dude feeling proud of being reported, and i meet him 3 times in a row in pvp he goes afk and says everyone is human trash and goes into whispering mode to harass, it shouldnt happen. Im not talking about casual toxicity, im talking about very bad harassment, and after all these years, im starting to loose faith in Anet, business model being already toxic, they add bad customer service AND bad community management, at this point i find it unacceptable, you'll say "dont play the game then" i guess, and I'm really getting close to it. Lets not even talk about PvP being disregarded.

I would completely agree that this kind of behaviour is way past the acceptable for most people, and I would assume that Anet will (eventually) act on such /reports.

And no, I'll never say "don't play the game", I would rather say "don't respond, /report, block, and move on". Poeple like that probably crave the attention, and if you deny them that they'll (hopefully) get bored. As long as you block them they can't bother you again at least. Play the game and have fun!

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > It started by saying that ANet is swamped with tickets right now, hence the late reply.

>

> They are swamped with tickets since HoT. This excuse is pretty standard procedure at this point.

No, that's not remotely true. They've been swamped at specific times, not every week.

* After the launch of expansions, lots of players return and some of them forget their passwords. In some cases, the accounts have been compromised. This takes time to resolve, and results in backlogs. Those backlogs were really bad for 6-9 weeks, sort of bad for another 1-2 months, and then back to normal "3 days or less" for months afterward.

* After mass infractions (suspensions or bans), there are massive amounts of requests. The timing fits for being a primary (or sole) cause of the current backlog.

They aren't always swamped; the forums just don't get any reports when the timing is as expected.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > It started by saying that ANet is swamped with tickets right now, hence the late reply.

> >

> > They are swamped with tickets since HoT. This excuse is pretty standard procedure at this point.

>

> No, that's not remotely true. They've been swamped at specific times, not every week.

> * After the launch of expansions, lots of players return and some of them forget their passwords. In some cases, the accounts have been compromised. This takes time to resolve, and results in backlogs. Those backlogs were really bad for 6-9 weeks, sort of bad for another 1-2 months, and then back to normal "3 days or less" for months afterward.

> * After mass infractions (suspensions or bans), there are massive amounts of requests. The timing fits for being a primary (or sole) cause of the current backlog.

>

> They aren't always swamped; the forums just don't get any reports when the timing is as expected.

There is no expected time anymore. They even removed previous 72 h notification.

[ANet's Dornsinger posted on Reddit, on 14 May 2018](https://old.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/comments/8iy0q1/how_long_does_it_take_for_anet_to_respond_to_a/dyyslvn/)

> Right now, due to a backlog, it can take a week to get back to you, as Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 these days share the same team working on the same inquires. I'm very sorry about this, we're doing all we can to fix this up. (Trust me, no one in the customer support team is happy when our players wait too long.)

>

> But, yes, make sure all the info is in the same ticket. This forum post from the GW2 forums (remember, same support system) can help guide you if you've not had to submit a ticket to us since the changes to the support flow a few years ago:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/343/account-support-helping-us-help-you

[ANet's Dornsinger posted on Reddit, on 2 May 2018](https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8gc4yh/feeling_helpless_about_getting_back_accounts/dybvexa/)

> Every ticket. Each and every one. Gets replied to and reviewed by a GM. If we had, as I keep reading, any kind of automation, we would not have a waiting time of over 10 days right now. Trust me, it would be rather nice to have just about now, but each ticket, once it gets to an agent, get a review. No bots. No anythings. Just a person trying to put the pieces together.

• ArenaNet Staff

* For in-game incidents, please use the in-game report system Each report is reviewed and will be acted upon, when appropriate.

* To follow up on a CS ticket, please **update the ticket** by responding to it; do not create a new ticket.

* Please note that the Customer Support Team currently has a backlog, and that replies are longer than the normal period of approximately three days. We apologize for the longer waits, and have taken measures to improve response times in the future.

* The forums are not the place to discuss Customer Support, and we ask that you use the provided methods of contacting that team, rather than having various threads arise about someone's personal situation. While we're sympathetic about issues that may impact your ability to play the game, and understand you may have questions about your personal situation, this is best addressed through a ticket, where an agent can give you direct assistance.