Rytlock advetures into the Mists (Switch)

So hey I came up with a sooper dooper idea that can be great for marketing and presenting GW2 to a new playerbase. Would it be hard if ANet worked on a side project where they would release a game for Nintendo Switch?

First I thought MMO is a huge thing to get on Switch but a RPG game where you would only play as Rytlock on his advetures in the Mists searching for his dear sword!

Imagine how cool would that be? ANet finally releases a story we all wanted to hear, on a new platform that vets would definitely try out but it would also bring so many new players to GW2.

Let’s discuss!! ??

P.S. and once you beat the game you get a Code to Redeem in GW2?

Nope. Why would it go to the switch, because you bought one? I still own a PSP, should ANet invest in a spin off for that system too? How about an XBox port, but only of fractals, and different fractals as well?

Let's keep this game to the PC and keep the spin offs in-game as well, thx.

Yes, it would be hard. Of course it would.

If ArenaNet tell Rytlocks story anywhere it should be in this game.

Also as GW2 is not on the switch I don't think it'd attract as many new players as you'd think. And of course, the average switch owner wouldn't care about a character from a game they've never played.

Being locked into playing Rytlock does not sound very appealing. I don't like it when the story forces the player to play npcs in gw2 either. This is why I don't play games like The Witcher or Zelda. Not sure the switch audience is very invested in the gw2 ip. Not sure of the overlap of gw2 players and switch owners.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Nope. Why would it go to the switch, because you bought one? I still own a PSP, should ANet invest in a spin off for that system too? How about an XBox port, but only of fractals, and different fractals as well?

>

> Let's keep this game to the PC and keep the spin offs in-game as well, thx.

This is about introducing Guild Wars 2 to a broader audience and maybe get someone interested in mmorpgs. New kids don't play much on PC anymore, and Switch as the newest device that produced this hybrid model made an impact. I'm saying this purely out of marketing reasons. MMO's will have to evolve if they want to survive.

P.S. I also don't mind if they created a PC version of it, doesn't have to be Switch only. It can go to PSP, Vita wherever but I mentioned Switch because it's becoming this huge success and they're redefining gaming experience that pop culture has so openly welcomed.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Nabuko Darayon.9645" said:

> > New kids don't play much on PC anymore

> Source, Citation ?

Yeah, that's a rumor indeed. I know plenty of youngsters who play their favorite games on PC, because a controller just can't replace a keyboard and mouse's precision. However, rich kids love to connect their hardware to huge 4k displays, but I doubt that's an indicator for them preferably playing console games. ;)