I haven't followed this game's patch notes in ages

Swagg.9236

How do you guys even play this anymore?

I skipped to the most recent instance of skill changes that I could find, and it was 80% **UNDERWATER COMBAT™** damage buffs and re-works which only make it even more button-mashy than it was before. What wasn't an underwater change was yet another instance of Anet pretending that their very unique, PvP-only buffs aren't just PvE buffs that are shoe-horned into PvP to fool people into thinking that they know anything about their own game. What is the point of boosting a skill's damage by 92% or 233% damage in PvP only? Are you afraid of offending the feelings of outdated, easymode bosses with gorillions of HP? It looked like Deadeye got some kind of a re-work, but it still doesn't change how the skills absolutely define that spec as a boring gimmick which is entirely dependent on tab-targeting and stealth: a design which effectively removes all instance of player identity by pigeon-holing them into the same, effortless tactics which are either going to be positively too effective or completely worthless.

What is this "video game" even trying to do or be anymore? Aside from a gem store cash grab, I mean.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> Deadeye rework appears to be a disaster. But aside from that and the nerfs to Fresh Air ele I think balance has been trending in the right direction for several patches in a row even if it's not where it needs to be right now.

Yeah well, for those of us who really wanted to play deadeye and heard there was a "rework" coming, especially after the treatment mesmer got, we were expecting to be able to actually play our rifle elite builds.

Instead, we got shit on by anet like you wouldn't believe. Our new stealth mechanic doesn't even work. And malicious backstab? LOL

Let's just say, expect people to be whining about malicious backstab in WvW very, very soon. I feel it's kind of balanced considering the difficulty you'll have applying such an attack (no steal-teleports), but believe me people are going to whine about it once this starts becoming more of a thing in wvw trolling builds.

> Deadeye rework appears to be a disaster. But aside from that and the nerfs to Fresh Air ele I think balance has been trending in the right direction for several patches in a row even if it's not where it needs to be right now.

Honestly, I would agree if it didn't feel like their "balance" was lagging behind the meta by at least 6 months, if not longer.

last patch was a major set back. Spent so much time on undercombat, something that many players don't even bother with and decided to make incremental changes to pvp which needs much more help and has a much larger player base than those itching for some competitive underwater combat

Yeah, it goes in the right direction when you are playing one of those easy no skill meta class a.k.a Mesmer, Sourge, Guardian and Warrior.

Still as dominant as ever.

> @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Deadeye rework appears to be a disaster. But aside from that and the nerfs to Fresh Air ele I think balance has been trending in the right direction for several patches in a row even if it's not where it needs to be right now.

>

> Yeah, it goes in the right direction when you are playing one of those easy no skill meta class a.k.a Mesmer, Sourge, Guardian and Warrior.

>

> Still as dominant as ever.

All of those classes have been getting significant nerfs in the right direction every single patch. To the degree it needs to be? Probably not, especially Chronomancer post rework. I think Firebrand+Scourge are about where they need to be in efficacy and my only major issue with Spellbreaker is that at a certain level of play Spellbreaker 1v1s will just completely stall out for entire games like we saw during the Mist Championships.