Firebrand Healer: rarely any loot

Ashantara.8731

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > Are you seriously complaining about having 2-3 gold less than others after playing for 2 hours? Go in pve and you'll earn that much in 15 minutes.

> > >

> > > Uhm... I was merely wondering what's happening (compared to months ago) and think it was a legit question. Opening loot (in any game mode) is part of the excitement and fun, regardless of how valuable the contents turn out to be. (Got a precursor out of my home instance's treasure chest not too long ago.)

> > >

> > > And thanks, i need no lecturing about gold and PvE, as I _am_ a vivid PvE player. ;)

> > >

> > > > @"wanya.1697" said:

> > > > you could try running in a party instead of squad should give you more loot as it uses old party algorithm for participation

> > >

> > > That won't be possible, as I play on two specific TS servers for my home, which always run in squads. The squad leaders always create subgroups of 4-5, though, so shouldn't that have the same effect as playing in a party (regarding the mentioned mechanics)?

> > >

> > > > @"atheria.2837" said:

> > > > > @"ZNICK.8537" said:

> > > > > I run a Tempest focusing on healing and in 90 minutes of huge fights yesterday I got NINE bags.

> > > > >

> > > > > Z

> > > >

> > > > That's about right, while any commander or squishy will be in the 25-35 bag range for bags in the same fights.

> > >

> > > Well, that stinks. :/ I am seriously considering gearing up my Warrior for WvW instead, even though I sincerely _love_ the healing and supporting part of playing a Guardian in WvW.

> > >

> > > All I can say is that, before said staff nerf, I was content with the loot I would receive. Now it's a joke (i.e., close to zero).

> >

> > ahahaha dont make me laugh, you get way more loot as guard than as warrior, your range is even smaller and you dont have the heal to make other ppl do the dmg job for kill participation, warrior wvw meta is full melee, have fun reaching enemies before they drop dead, running from one downed to another to get participation or be actually usefull while pushing at the front but not rly hitting many ppl because your reach is so small compared to others

> >

> > many times you just get the invulnerable sign when running over a down, not participating with those hits and the need of moving on, while others just put a random ticking aoe ontop of the downed to tag him and move on to the next

>

> That about sums up the DPS warrior experience. Outside of dropping your bubble, you're pretty useless in a zerg fight. Gotta build support warrior instead. :P

i do have a shout warri build i play alot of the times but still you wont tag as many as guard

> @"steki.1478" said:

> Are you seriously complaining about having 2-3 gold less than others after playing for 2 hours? Go in pve and you'll earn that much in 15 minutes.

>

> FB still has tons of retal and reflects, which is more than enough to tag enemies, so the problem is certainly not in class. At least you can get something on it, unlike other supports.

Yes, players have the right to complain about the 730-1095 gold less they are making than other players a year. It adds up.

You guys just need to learn how to play. FB gets about 10% less than scourge/Weaver. Use reflects and retaliation. Spellbreakers get about half the bags, that's where it's not fair. Meta classes should get comparable loot if played correctly, shouldn't have to bring a special tag weapon and compromise your build/group.

> @"Gringo.2163" said:

> From my experience (i am playing scrapper healer - full mender) i am doing barely any damage just cleansing and healing. At the end of raid i have aproximately the same amount of heavy loot bags as others. So no dmg needed

For reference within the squad: are you in a frontline party? Or backline party.

> @"Beezlebub.1538" said:

> Arenanet actually buffed support roles loot chances by 50% a month or so ago. However, there was one caveat that they will not back down on - you have to contribute to the damage done in some capacity; others refer to this as "tagging" enemies before they die. Don't forget, some tome skills do damage, and that's enough to tag and bag. They did nerf the range of the staff autoattack, so don't rely on that as a tag.

They probably cannot change the do dmg to tag system without reworking everything. By doing damage the game in its current state notices that you are even there, so it is needed to give loot.

> @"ZNICK.8537" said:

> I run a Tempest focusing on healing and in 90 minutes of huge fights yesterday I got NINE bags.

>

> Z

I second this. I main a healing Tempest too and besides giving out a lot of heals and protection, I get to hit 3 - 5 enemies with my aoe attacks every time. But still, my bag drops is very miserable. Once I was hitting enemy zerg with the canon on the second floor of SMC and in less than 15 mins, i had like 8-10 bags :open_mouth:

50% increase in bag drops for support class? Where? I don't see the difference.

edit: typo

I feel your pain. Every once in awhile I will slip in the tome 1 (fire) to grab some bags while the rest of the tomes are on cool down. You still dont get enough bags like we use to as a vanilla guard but its better than pipping down with nothing.

> @"ZNICK.8537" said:

> I run a Tempest focusing on healing and in 90 minutes of huge fights yesterday I got NINE bags.

>

> Z

Once you are just healbot .. staff tempest in backline .... u will not have nothing. U need atleast tag targets, if i play minstrel tempest... im going dagger focus and into frontline / midline. I tag a lot and get lootbags. if they put full reward for just heal / buff your ally who hit / kill enemy... you will get army of braindead healers in backline and it will be pain... now is healer dedicated role... and if healer is good... u see that.

> @"wanya.1697" said:

> you could try running in a party instead of squad should give you more loot as it uses old party algorithm for participation

This is half the answer you're looking for.

You don't need to even hit things as a healer as long as your party members do if you heal them enough.

As a healer, you also get participation by just dealing any damage to other people. So utilize retal and reflects or simply go in with the zerg and apply a few ticks of burn and you'll get all the loot from your party + anything you tag.

You won't get kill credit if you don't heal them, but otherwise you'll get full participation + the loot buff ANet gave to healers.

Being a frontline healer is the absolute best way to get loot in WvW. You just can't sit far back freecasting heals and expect bags because there's zero risk to that gameplay pattern.

You can tag a lot with book #3 reflect, use that while the zergs are pewpew-ing eachother. Generally you should use book#1 for pulls into friendly bubbles, but if your book#1 is still off cooldown after you've won a fight, you can use that to clean up downies and secure some more loot. You can still get decent loot with firebrand that way, but of course nothing close to what Scourges make.

Either way zerging and blobbing is boring/annoying AF nowadays, even more so on Firebrand, so I'm having hard times imagining why anyone would want to do it in the first place. :)