Power Scourge

Aris.4231

Condi reaper was a thing because the traits added a lot of damage via chill etc. This doesn't have any power based traits and TBH the support aspect of it isn't really noticeable when you compare running with heal vs full condi. What I have noticed immediately though, is if you are okay with sacrificing your defensive potential, the condi burst is amazing. Running in open world though(trying to get the ascended scourge weapon) I've hybridized the class using minions. It doesn't look like much, but so far I have never felt in danger of being downed(solo play).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWjc0QXN2UDu1A7NWmGMpBQBIAM1yuAVA9p6V9rC-jBSHABB/AAYU9HAOCAGpELKlgIp8QgTBgu7PAA-e

Really depends on if you are talking PvE or PvP... From what I've tested I doubt Power Scourge could ever try to touch Condi Scourge for sheer damage numbers and viability. However, I have actually been having quite a lot of success in sPvP with Power Scourge running Wells and Staff just spamming AoE on points. For open world, although in a raid setting I think condi wins out, I have found EVERYTHING to be faceroll running Power Minion Scourge with Dagger Warhorn. Just my addition. I think it really depends on which game type and how you like to play at this point.

I'll give Power Scourge this, with a full set of resources it is a pretty damn big burst.

Truthfully my power scourge has out performed a viper scourge in damage and in survivability in open world PvE.

Bosses tend to get nuked faster with condition by far but the other fights are so short that my power scourge is taking them down faster overall. Running with spite and blood magic I have to say I prefer power for sure

> @Sylent.3165 said:

> Truthfully my power scourge has out performed a viper scourge in damage and in survivability in open world PvE.

>

> Bosses tend to get nuked faster with condition by far but the other fights are so short that my power scourge is taking them down faster overall. Running with spite and blood magic I have to say I prefer power for sure

Can you share you build/DPS benchmark?

I'm trying condi scourge with curses and Soul reaping and it's sooo squishy.

> @Sylent.3165 said:

> Truthfully my power scourge has out performed a viper scourge in damage and in survivability in open world PvE.

>

> Bosses tend to get nuked faster with condition by far but the other fights are so short that my power scourge is taking them down faster overall. Running with spite and blood magic I have to say I prefer power for sure

I'm curious about your build and skills as well. I've been mostly trying death/blood with minions or blood/soul with wells. Interested to see another idea.

> @Aris.4231 said:

> Big moment here. Is power Scourge an option?

> On first glance, scourge seems to be Condi/support oriented spec. But we've been here before, haven't we, things are not always as they seem (condi reaper ehm ehm).

>

> Has anyone tried anything?

I ran some Power Scourge quick tests on the golem.

Spite/Soul Reaping/Scourge had about 20% higher DPS than Spite/Blood Magic/Scourge as you could use F-skills more frequently.

Demonic Lore DPS (all 3 s.h.a.d.e.s and the player on target) is **50% higher than Power Reaper DPS**. (The damage goes completely through the roof here!)

Sand Savant DPS (the big shade and the player on target) is 10% higher than Power Reaper DPS.

No s.h.a.d.e.s at all DPS (just player on target) is practically the same as Power Reaper DPS.

Considering you support with barriers, this seem to be decent numbers.

I did story and raids with a power scourge and had a lot of fun. Used the greater shade so only double proceed f5 on cd. Basically any f2-5 procs and instant cast 1.0 coeff skill ( 0.5 x2 because of double proc). Double f5 is 4.06 coeff (not including the 1.0 so 5.06 total) instant cast skill on a 16 aec traited (12 seconds with alacrity). Only dagger/wh let's you cast f2,3,5 on cd. Two dps wells and power signet.

I did full top row scourge for might and barrier support. F2 also converts 2 condi to boons. So like if you're fighting stuff that burns, that's aegis every 3-4 seconds with f2. Or perma vigor if you're converting bleeds. D/wh + d/torch also meant I could spike 20-25 might to my group in an aoe with t5.

Was planning on testing zerker and grievers later tonight. Will upload benchmarks.

*Edit:* After a bit of quick testing

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJBIhNyQDt0YNN4YDs3YBXwgGABgWAVXoNEt0PsN2KLA-jhBBABYt/o8LgTAwZKBB4BAknegKV/hUA6pMC-e

I mentioned above that I use Sand savant, and I will continue to do that in open world since the larger size is nice. For the golem benchmark, I swapped to Demonic Lore. Spam wells, sorta on CD. Spam F1. Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5. Use wh5. Interrupted my auto probably a lot. Standard raid buffs.

It won't be setting records in raids and is a bit low. However, I was spamming barrier and condi clear/converts and might though. Like F1, F2, F3 all clear/covert conditions with F1, F3 both applying a bit of barrier/might. I'll probably use this is fotm when the boon strip and condi clear can benefit casual groups of 5 vs instabilities. If it had even 1 10% more dmg trait somewhere, I'd be happy. I'm still contemplating bringing it to raids for a DPS with barrier support on the side. Reasoning is that barrier would help a lot with keeping Scholar bonus up on teammates when fighting bosses with pulsing dmg aura. From my very brief testing in a yolo pof raid boss, I was also hitting all 10 people with barrier. If there was a 4 stats set that was zerker+healing power, I would also be happy with this.

> @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said: Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5

That's bad. You are wasting a ton of DPS.

Cast 3 s.h.a.d.e.s, keep them up at any cost (!) and spam F 2, 3, 4, 5 on cooldown. That's your main damage source!

While doing so just Dagger auto + Wh5 to maintain LF generation and cast your wells on CD.

You should easily go over 30k DPS.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> > @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said: Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5

> That's bad. You are wasting a ton of DPS.

>

> Cast 3 s.h.a.d.e.s, keep them up at any cost (!) and spam F 2, 3, 4, 5 on cooldown. That's your main damage source!

>

> While doing so just Dagger auto + Wh5 to maintain LF generation and cast your wells on CD.

>

> You should easily go over 30k DPS.

Like I said, wasn't going super crazy on some rotation there and it's decent for me semi-randomly spamming stuff with no real rotation. How do you keep 3 shadess up though? Duration is 20 seconds and the recharge is 15. Alacrity means you average 2 shadess over a long fight. 3 can only happen at the start when you spike them. Or do you mean you waited for all 3 then spiked them instead of constantly having 2 up? I'll give that a shot later. I found spamming F4 to be a bit too much of a drain on LF to deal with as the F5 uptime suffered because of it. It's also an important CC that I think should be saved for breakbars.

> @Jarvis.9540 said:

> > @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

> > If there was a 4 stats set that was zerker+healing power, I would also be happy with this.

>

> I was thinking this same thing. How about wearing half zerker, half zealot? That would get you similar results (with power and precision staying dominant).

Something like zealots is 1382 power, 960 precision, 960 healing power. That's a huge loss of ferocity. 4 stat gear would be 1172 for 2 stats and 633 for 2 stats. This wouldn't feel like such a bad loss regardless of if the healing power was main or minor.

I've been playing around with different builds and weapons on my scourge since PoF launch. I am a dirty casual and only have a berserker's exotic set and zero viper's gear. Using some of the posted 'condi scourge' builds around here, I find that I can be pretty effective at melting a group of mobs down fairly quickly and easily. However, today I have been reading about people going power scourge so I switched up the build and equipped axe and dagger in mainhand. Holy crap, power scourge just MELTS in open world PVE (only place I've tested so far).

I've been running around with Axe/Torch with Spite 232, Soul Reaping 123, Scourge 222. I know this is far from ideal but I wanted to keep this discussion going. Power scourge seems to be a great option for open world PVE for those of us poors that don't have any vipers gear. It's far superior for life force generation and I'm nuking veterans and boss mobs down much quicker as well. With the increased life force generation, I've had zero issues with survivability because I can just spam barriers on myself. Good times.

Again - I'm sure this all changes with a full set of viper's gear when you can use a condi build effectively, but I'm finding power scourge to be quite fun.

• 4 months later...

> @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> I did story and raids with a power scourge and had a lot of fun. Used the greater shade so only double proceed f5 on cd. Basically any f2-5 procs and instant cast 1.0 coeff skill ( 0.5 x2 because of double proc). Double f5 is 4.06 coeff (not including the 1.0 so 5.06 total) instant cast skill on a 16 aec traited (12 seconds with alacrity). Only dagger/wh let's you cast f2,3,5 on cd. Two dps wells and power signet.

>

> I did full top row scourge for might and barrier support. F2 also converts 2 condi to boons. So like if you're fighting stuff that burns, that's aegis every 3-4 seconds with f2. Or perma vigor if you're converting bleeds. D/wh + d/torch also meant I could spike 20-25 might to my group in an aoe with t5.

>

> Was planning on testing zerker and grievers later tonight. Will upload benchmarks.

>

> *Edit:* After a bit of quick testing

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJBIhNyQDt0YNN4YDs3YBXwgGABgWAVXoNEt0PsN2KLA-jhBBABYt/o8LgTAwZKBB4BAknegKV/hUA6pMC-e

> I mentioned above that I use Sand savant, and I will continue to do that in open world since the larger size is nice. For the golem benchmark, I swapped to Demonic Lore. Spam wells, sorta on CD. Spam F1. Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5. Use wh5. Interrupted my auto probably a lot. Standard raid buffs.

> 27,204

> 27,178

> 27,867

> 28,168

> 28,616

> It won't be setting records in raids and is a bit low. However, I was spamming barrier and condi clear/converts and might though. Like F1, F2, F3 all clear/covert conditions with F1, F3 both applying a bit of barrier/might. I'll probably use this is fotm when the boon strip and condi clear can benefit casual groups of 5 vs instabilities. If it had even 1 10% more dmg trait somewhere, I'd be happy. I'm still contemplating bringing it to raids for a DPS with barrier support on the side. Reasoning is that barrier would help a lot with keeping Scholar bonus up on teammates when fighting bosses with pulsing dmg aura. From my very brief testing in a yolo pof raid boss, I was also hitting all 10 people with barrier. If there was a 4 stats set that was zerker+healing power, I would also be happy with this.

i dont know if you realize but you dont hit twice with shroud skills when shade is summoned. only once.

no shades and you press f2-f5? - mob gets hit only once

1 big shade + you? - mob gets hit only once

3 shades + you? - mob gets hit only once.

also where is the benchmark? because i dont believe you had 28k dps with realistic buffset

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> > I did story and raids with a power scourge and had a lot of fun. Used the greater shade so only double proceed f5 on cd. Basically any f2-5 procs and instant cast 1.0 coeff skill ( 0.5 x2 because of double proc). Double f5 is 4.06 coeff (not including the 1.0 so 5.06 total) instant cast skill on a 16 aec traited (12 seconds with alacrity). Only dagger/wh let's you cast f2,3,5 on cd. Two dps wells and power signet.

> >

> > I did full top row scourge for might and barrier support. F2 also converts 2 condi to boons. So like if you're fighting stuff that burns, that's aegis every 3-4 seconds with f2. Or perma vigor if you're converting bleeds. D/wh + d/torch also meant I could spike 20-25 might to my group in an aoe with t5.

> >

> > Was planning on testing zerker and grievers later tonight. Will upload benchmarks.

> >

> > *Edit:* After a bit of quick testing

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJBIhNyQDt0YNN4YDs3YBXwgGABgWAVXoNEt0PsN2KLA-jhBBABYt/o8LgTAwZKBB4BAknegKV/hUA6pMC-e

> > I mentioned above that I use Sand savant, and I will continue to do that in open world since the larger size is nice. For the golem benchmark, I swapped to Demonic Lore. Spam wells, sorta on CD. Spam F1. Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5. Use wh5. Interrupted my auto probably a lot. Standard raid buffs.

> > 27,204

> > 27,178

> > 27,867

> > 28,168

> > 28,616

> > It won't be setting records in raids and is a bit low. However, I was spamming barrier and condi clear/converts and might though. Like F1, F2, F3 all clear/covert conditions with F1, F3 both applying a bit of barrier/might. I'll probably use this is fotm when the boon strip and condi clear can benefit casual groups of 5 vs instabilities. If it had even 1 10% more dmg trait somewhere, I'd be happy. I'm still contemplating bringing it to raids for a DPS with barrier support on the side. Reasoning is that barrier would help a lot with keeping Scholar bonus up on teammates when fighting bosses with pulsing dmg aura. From my very brief testing in a yolo pof raid boss, I was also hitting all 10 people with barrier. If there was a 4 stats set that was zerker+healing power, I would also be happy with this.

>

> i dont know if you realize but you dont hit twice with shroud skills when shade is summoned. only once.

> no shades and you press f2-f5? - mob gets hit only once

> 1 big shade + you? - mob gets hit only once

> 3 shades + you? - mob gets hit only once.

>

> also where is the benchmark? because i dont believe you had 28k dps with realistic buffset

That post from him was old :D in that times it hits double... now you can hit target with shade or by you... before it stacks... so if you put shade on your target... and stand near him.... you destroy him :D also little shades stack too :D

> > @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> > I did story and raids with a power scourge and had a lot of fun. Used the greater shade so only double proceed f5 on cd. Basically any f2-5 procs and instant cast 1.0 coeff skill ( 0.5 x2 because of double proc). Double f5 is 4.06 coeff (not including the 1.0 so 5.06 total) instant cast skill on a 16 aec traited (12 seconds with alacrity). Only dagger/wh let's you cast f2,3,5 on cd. Two dps wells and power signet.

> >

> > I did full top row scourge for might and barrier support. F2 also converts 2 condi to boons. So like if you're fighting stuff that burns, that's aegis every 3-4 seconds with f2. Or perma vigor if you're converting bleeds. D/wh + d/torch also meant I could spike 20-25 might to my group in an aoe with t5.

> >

> > Was planning on testing zerker and grievers later tonight. Will upload benchmarks.

> >

> > *Edit:* After a bit of quick testing

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJBIhNyQDt0YNN4YDs3YBXwgGABgWAVXoNEt0PsN2KLA-jhBBABYt/o8LgTAwZKBB4BAknegKV/hUA6pMC-e

> > I mentioned above that I use Sand savant, and I will continue to do that in open world since the larger size is nice. For the golem benchmark, I swapped to Demonic Lore. Spam wells, sorta on CD. Spam F1. Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5. Use wh5. Interrupted my auto probably a lot. Standard raid buffs.

> > 27,204

> > 27,178

> > 27,867

> > 28,168

> > 28,616

> > It won't be setting records in raids and is a bit low. However, I was spamming barrier and condi clear/converts and might though. Like F1, F2, F3 all clear/covert conditions with F1, F3 both applying a bit of barrier/might. I'll probably use this is fotm when the boon strip and condi clear can benefit casual groups of 5 vs instabilities. If it had even 1 10% more dmg trait somewhere, I'd be happy. I'm still contemplating bringing it to raids for a DPS with barrier support on the side. Reasoning is that barrier would help a lot with keeping Scholar bonus up on teammates when fighting bosses with pulsing dmg aura. From my very brief testing in a yolo pof raid boss, I was also hitting all 10 people with barrier. If there was a 4 stats set that was zerker+healing power, I would also be happy with this.

>

> i dont know if you realize but you dont hit twice with shroud skills when shade is summoned. only once.

> no shades and you press f2-f5? - mob gets hit only once

> 1 big shade + you? - mob gets hit only once

> 3 shades + you? - mob gets hit only once.

>

> also where is the benchmark? because i dont believe you had 28k dps with realistic buffset

You realize, that the barrier convert 1 condition trait is still bugged?

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > You realize, that the barrier convert 1 condition trait is still bugged?

>

> no i dont, how is it bugged and how does this relate to dps increase?

Oh sorry. That one was meant for @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097"

And i think you are right. 28k dps is pretty unlikely.