Legendary crafting - waits and waits

Doing HOPE collection, finding myself:

1. waiting on events to spawn half the time, half if not more. maybe put in some sort of any-time trigger event with no reward for the entire chain?

2. some items still require event failure, there are alternatives but e.g. champ quagan, either fail a event or hope enough people do jormag, and even on a sunday not enough people do jormag to scale up a champ quagan. some are nicely designed so that you can still get it on a defense success. problem goes back to point 1)

3. some items are just impossible solo, and the map is too old people simply don't do those quests anymore. the one im really having problems with is the auric basin ones, especially eastwatch first quest. you cant even kill the vinetenders fast enough to get the time to kill the big vine thing.

overall, older content just need to be more solo friendly, with less waiting.

same problem with Nevermore 1 - i could not finish Protector of Verdance. On one side it is nice to play the game to finish some of the goals, but on the other side you easily can get stuck bei group events when no one is playing the old maps anymore.

Glad i did not had any problems with Aurora. LW3 maps are still full.

> @"Fishae.2503" said:

> Doing HOPE collection, finding myself:

> 1. waiting on events to spawn half the time, half if not more. maybe put in some sort of any-time trigger event with no reward for the entire chain?

> 2. some items still require event failure, there are alternatives but e.g. champ quagan, either fail a event or hope enough people do jormag, and even on a sunday not enough people do jormag to scale up a champ quagan. some are nicely designed so that you can still get it on a defense success. problem goes back to point 1)

> 3. some items are just impossible solo, and the map is too old people simply don't do those quests anymore. the one im really having problems with is the auric basin ones, especially eastwatch first quest. you cant even kill the vinetenders fast enough to get the time to kill the big vine thing.

>

> overall, older content just need to be more solo friendly, with less waiting.

1.Maybe some events havw previous events that need to be completed? Or chexh wiki for some requirements to make said events spawn? If you think theyre bugged, submit a ticket!

2. Camp quaggan spawns in Frostgorge as a separate event. Not sure what the issue is, here.

3. You need to finish an event chain? Wait after the meta has ended, or tag up yourself, put up your squad on lfg and advertise it on the map (after the meta, more people are likely to join you). Explain to them what needs to be done, lead then until the final event and make sure you Explain the boss mechanics. Remember, events scale up the more people you have with you.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> 1.Maybe some events havw previous events that need to be completed? Or chexh wiki for some requirements to make said events spawn? If you think theyre bugged, submit a ticket!

> 2. Camp quaggan spawns in Frostgorge as a separate event. Not sure what the issue is, here.

> 3. You need to finish an event chain? Wait after the meta has ended, or tag up yourself, put up your squad on lfg and advertise it on the map (after the meta, more people are likely to join you). Explain to them what needs to be done, lead then until the final event and make sure you Explain the boss mechanics. Remember, events scale up the more people you have with you.

1. no i always check the whole chain in wiki, if there is a chain. fact is since there are no set times (or maybe players haven't figured out the time), you have to sit there hoping they spawn. you cant afk either because they show up on map and people doing the map come and complete it.

2. again, like you said, camp. killing the quagan took me 2mins, i camped 20mins for it. and thats without someone coming and completing the pre that needed to fail.

3. im clear with what needs to be done. fact is people don't really do HoT much anymore. except DS, metas dont even fill a map. yes more people = upscale, but fact is 20 pug > 5 pug

I made Nevermore and Astralaria long ago. And while it _is_ annoying to wait, I never had problems finding capable people. Even now, some players just don't seem resourceful, I observe that often - i.e. map chat, in our guild etc. Your key tool is LFG and map chat. GW2 has an amazing community and I always get help within minutes of posting in map chat or LFG.

> @"Fishae.2503" said:

> 3. some items are just impossible solo, and the map is too old people simply don't do those quests anymore. the one im really having problems with is the auric basin ones, especially eastwatch first quest. you cant even kill the vinetenders fast enough to get the time to kill the big vine thing.

Getting a commander tag will help you with these issues a lot