Swap Builds System

GhostStar.8706

> @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> They stated in the forums that this would not be coming with PoF, so there was no reason to expect it. However ArcDPS has a build template tool that works really well, this addon is ToS compliant so you should be safe to use it.

If you can make it work. I for one keep having issues with the hotkeys switching from functional to non-functional all the time. A 3rd party, VERY hacked-together system (arcs has said he's basically doing GW2 assembly, which as anyone who has done assembly can tell you is a recipe for problems without a fixed hardware and software base) is NOT a long term or acceptable replacement for a properly integrated 1st party solution.

> @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> > They stated in the forums that this would not be coming with PoF, so there was no reason to expect it. However ArcDPS has a build template tool that works really well, this addon is ToS compliant so you should be safe to use it.

>

> If you can make it work. I for one keep having issues with the hotkeys switching from functional to non-functional all the time. A 3rd party, VERY hacked-together system (arcs has said he's basically doing GW2 assembly, which as anyone who has done assembly can tell you is a recipe for problems without a fixed hardware and software base) is NOT a long term or acceptable replacement for a properly integrated 1st party solution.

It's not meant to be a long term or replacement for a 1st party solution. Arc worked with devs on this to keep it ToS compliant and said dev said that this is something that can be used until a first party solution is worked out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

> Build templates are still on the table (it's a big table). Implementing them is not so easy, cause they are tied to our characters' code and it's totally possible that if something went wrong, our characters might get broken. There are also some interface issues present.

[source](https://web.facebook.com/BlackLionDailyHerald/posts/920418361490243?__tn__=K-R)

[From the 2018 Meet & Greet in Cologne, Germany](https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/99sl2e/report_and_photos_from_the_community_meet_greet)

> Fan paraphrases answer from @"Mike Zadorojny.7058":

> Build templates are still on the table (it's a big table). Implementing them is not so easy, cause they are tied to our characters' code and it's totally possible that if something went wrong, our characters might get broken. There are also some interface issues present.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> Not having a build/gear swap option is what allows them to sell so many additional character slots.

I am sure that there's a calculation on how much gemcash ANet makes with character slots or inventory expansion. But as has been mentioned in many of these threads. Ppl would be willing to pay for additional template slots. If it was my marketing scheme, I'd introduce them into the game and give every player two slots per character then sell additional slots on an accountwide(customer frinedly approach) or character based(moneygrabbin option) level. Marketing would work much like the crafting disciplines: each char can have two crafting jobs active but there's a gemshop item where you can increase the number for every char on your account.