Quick Somebody Make This Guy a Partner!

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > Well I agree with him about gw2 hearts, they are ****** boring.

> > I cant imagine how new players feel when they start playing and have to do hearts until they get to lvl 10 to actually start the story.

> > If I didn't know anything about the game I would have a very negative first impression too.

> >

> >

> > But with all said that lazy peon guy doesn't deserve to be a partner at all, I watched some of his videos and hes not consistent at all, sometimes feels like he just makes videos to get views.

>

> You dont' have to do hearts to get to level 10. You just have to get to level 10. You can easily do that by events and killing stuff if that's your thing. I never prioritize hearts. I often get hearts incidentally by doing events near them. Hearts weren't even supposed to be in the game and didn't exist at all in the first two betas. They were added to place marks on the map to keep people around areas where events spawn.

A player that never played gw2 doesn't know that and will do the things he see first, that is hearts.

When I start a new mmo I will just follow the stuff that I can see and the game tells me to go there and do that heart I will think that's the main way to lvl up.

Thats what happen with lazypeon, he wanted to lvl up so he explored the map and the thing he sees the most is hearts ( yeah he did some events) but he did soo many hearts until he couldn't play anymore.

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > Well I agree with him about gw2 hearts, they are ****** boring.

> > > I cant imagine how new players feel when they start playing and have to do hearts until they get to lvl 10 to actually start the story.

> > > If I didn't know anything about the game I would have a very negative first impression too.

> > >

> > >

> > > But with all said that lazy peon guy doesn't deserve to be a partner at all, I watched some of his videos and hes not consistent at all, sometimes feels like he just makes videos to get views.

> >

> > You dont' have to do hearts to get to level 10. You just have to get to level 10. You can easily do that by events and killing stuff if that's your thing. I never prioritize hearts. I often get hearts incidentally by doing events near them. Hearts weren't even supposed to be in the game and didn't exist at all in the first two betas. They were added to place marks on the map to keep people around areas where events spawn.

>

> A player that never played gw2 doesn't know that and will do the things he see first, that is hearts.

>

> When I start a new mmo I will just follow the stuff that I can see and the game tells me to go there and do that heart I will think that's the main way to lvl up.

>

> Thats what happen with lazypeon, he wanted to lvl up so he explored the map and the thing he sees the most is hearts ( yeah he did some events) but he did soo many hearts until he couldn't play anymore.

>

>

This I agree with. I wish hearts had never been introduced.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> This guy is going to leave gw2 soon anyway. Watch his other videos. He's jumping between games, makimg "leave/return MMO X" videos all the time. No reason to waste anet time on this guy.

Lol, I guess we should only pay attention to players that devote all of their time to playing only GW2. Just because he found the game slow in the past, and because he will eventually play other games, doesn't mean what he has to say is moot. His channel is based around trying out new MMOs, and giving his opinion. Some of his older videos were childish, back when he was a child. If you took the time to watch his latest videos, like the one in the OP, you would see he is older, and more mature. Honestly, though, even when he was a bit annoying, his videos gave some good information about the game he was trying out.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > This guy is going to leave gw2 soon anyway. Watch his other videos. He's jumping between games, makimg "leave/return MMO X" videos all the time. No reason to waste anet time on this guy.

>

> Lol, I guess we should only pay attention to players that devote all of their time to playing only GW2.

That's not what I said.

> @"Spurnshadow.3678" said:

> > @"kurfu.5623" said:

> >

> >

> > Oh, I remember this guy... I'd prefer not having him stink up the place.

> >

> > Notice that he disabled comments on this video... not a good sign.

>

> What a whiny little kitten. Judging a massive MMO out for a few years based on a couple hours of game play. Not even having the patience to get leveled to do WvW which he was really interested in. Take some aderol. kitten

he did another video a few month laiter and apologised for the first video.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > Well I agree with him about gw2 hearts, they are ****** boring.

> > > > I cant imagine how new players feel when they start playing and have to do hearts until they get to lvl 10 to actually start the story.

> > > > If I didn't know anything about the game I would have a very negative first impression too.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > But with all said that lazy peon guy doesn't deserve to be a partner at all, I watched some of his videos and hes not consistent at all, sometimes feels like he just makes videos to get views.

> > >

> > > You dont' have to do hearts to get to level 10. You just have to get to level 10. You can easily do that by events and killing stuff if that's your thing. I never prioritize hearts. I often get hearts incidentally by doing events near them. Hearts weren't even supposed to be in the game and didn't exist at all in the first two betas. They were added to place marks on the map to keep people around areas where events spawn.

> >

> > A player that never played gw2 doesn't know that and will do the things he see first, that is hearts.

> >

> > When I start a new mmo I will just follow the stuff that I can see and the game tells me to go there and do that heart I will think that's the main way to lvl up.

> >

> > Thats what happen with lazypeon, he wanted to lvl up so he explored the map and the thing he sees the most is hearts ( yeah he did some events) but he did soo many hearts until he couldn't play anymore.

> >

> >

>

> This I agree with. I wish hearts had never been introduced.

The older I get the more I agree with you, the last time I did Map Completion recently I went out of my way to do every event I came across (haven't even made a Legendary yet I just find doing map completion soothing).

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > > Well I agree with him about gw2 hearts, they are ****** boring.

> > > > > I cant imagine how new players feel when they start playing and have to do hearts until they get to lvl 10 to actually start the story.

> > > > > If I didn't know anything about the game I would have a very negative first impression too.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > But with all said that lazy peon guy doesn't deserve to be a partner at all, I watched some of his videos and hes not consistent at all, sometimes feels like he just makes videos to get views.

> > > >

> > > > You dont' have to do hearts to get to level 10. You just have to get to level 10. You can easily do that by events and killing stuff if that's your thing. I never prioritize hearts. I often get hearts incidentally by doing events near them. Hearts weren't even supposed to be in the game and didn't exist at all in the first two betas. They were added to place marks on the map to keep people around areas where events spawn.

> > >

> > > A player that never played gw2 doesn't know that and will do the things he see first, that is hearts.

> > >

> > > When I start a new mmo I will just follow the stuff that I can see and the game tells me to go there and do that heart I will think that's the main way to lvl up.

> > >

> > > Thats what happen with lazypeon, he wanted to lvl up so he explored the map and the thing he sees the most is hearts ( yeah he did some events) but he did soo many hearts until he couldn't play anymore.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > This I agree with. I wish hearts had never been introduced.

>

> The older I get the more I agree with you, the last time I did Map Completion recently I went out of my way to do every event I came across (haven't even made a Legendary yet I just find doing map completion soothing).

I really do not mind the hearts myself. i find them relaxing to do.

The OP suggested that ANet drop everything to make the guy a "partner." I can see the reason for the enthusiasm, but as a business decision, it makes no sense for either ANet nor LazyPeon.

* LP likes shifting from one game to another; he doesn't focus on GW2 (except to offer his "don't buy|buy" recommendations)

* LP likes being flexible. Regardless of whether he has a schtick (praise a game, leave a game, return to a game), he's not tied to any specific content. That's part of the reason why he's popular and why his fans are interested in his opinions.

LP might be an influential YTuber & a good person with who to develop a marketing relationship, but he's not "GW2 Partner" material (and no doubt likes it that way).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The OP suggested that ANet drop everything to make the guy a "partner." I can see the reason for the enthusiasm, but as a business decision, it makes no sense for either ANet nor LazyPeon.

> * LP likes shifting from one game to another; he doesn't focus on GW2 (except to offer his "don't buy|buy" recommendations)

> * LP likes being flexible. Regardless of whether he has a schtick (praise a game, leave a game, return to a game), he's not tied to any specific content. That's part of the reason why he's popular and why his fans are interested in his opinions.

>

> LP might be an influential YTuber & a good person with who to develop a marketing relationship, but he's not "GW2 Partner" material (and no doubt likes it that way).

Everyone is taking the OP too literally. I didn't take away that he really thought peon should be a partner, it seemed more like a joke, while also pointing out his latest GW2 video, but I could be wrong.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> Everyone is taking the OP too literally. I didn't take away that he really thought peon should be a partner, it seemed more like a joke, while also pointing out his latest GW2 video, but I could be wrong.

The OP's replied a couple of times. If they were joking about the idea, they haven't taken the time to clarify. If they just meant it as hyperbole, they haven't taken the time to clarify. Either way, it's fair game to respond to the idea.

The OP also wrote:

> Yeah I guess getting good press from a Youtuber with 400,000 subscribers couldn't benefit this game at all, even in the short term; exposure is a good thing even if it's from an MMO Tourist because that tourist has 400,000 subscribers.

That sounds like support of the idea rather than continuing a joke.

I understand that ANet wants partners that only play GW2 exclusively but lets be honest here, no one in general really plays one game exclusively any more, I'm sure there are outliers; just look at the recent TeaTime where Roy admits he preordered Bless Online (he got a refund but still). LP and ANet should take advantage of a short term partnership and it might net ANet one or two decent financial quarters.

> I understand that ANet wants partners that only play GW2 exclusively but lets be honest here, no one in general really plays one game exclusively any more, I'm sure there are outliers; just look at the recent TeaTime where Roy admits he preordered Bless Online (he got a refund but still). LP and ANet should take advantage of a short term partnership and it might net ANet one or two decent financial quarters.

So what ? Jebro covers Gw2 with monthly ATs and UGO and he is live-streaming ESO as well ? Aurora Peachy is a partner as well and she plays other games ? What is bad from Roy pre-ordering Bless online, except for the fact that the launch was deemed to be a failure ? The fact remains that these players covered the game a lot longer in the past than LP, who kind of hated the game in the past.

It still doesn’t make it necessary for LP to be a partner. If bless online wasn’t a failure, if BDO didn’t update the game in a way that screams P2W (from what I have heard), if it wasn’t for the fact that LP was power boosted in raids thanks to Mighty Teapot, you really think he would really want to play the game ?

I consider him to be an influencer personally just like Angry Joe gave the game a 10/10 review in 2012. And yet, Angry joe is not a partner because he did not cover PoF, nor HoT, nor any other update that drastically improved the game overall.

Sorry LP needs to do more in a longer period of time if he should become a partner.

Edit the exposure of GW2 is already there with his video. No need to make him a partner because of it.

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > @"Spurnshadow.3678" said:

> > > @"kurfu.5623" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > Oh, I remember this guy... I'd prefer not having him stink up the place.

> > >

> > > Notice that he disabled comments on this video... not a good sign.

> >

> > What a whiny little kitten. Judging a massive MMO out for a few years based on a couple hours of game play. Not even having the patience to get leveled to do WvW which he was really interested in. Take some aderol. kitten

>

> he did another video a few month laiter and apologised for the first video.

>

I remember that video as well... After taking so much flak for his first video, in which he threw a tantrum worthy of a 3 year old, and which he disabled the comment section, he begrudgingly made this video to try to save face.

To be partner you don't have to only play gw2 but you have to do lots of things to promote and help gw2.

I bet all the partners play other games too ofc, but they create a lot of gw2 content.

Lazy peon would have to play a lot of gw2 and create lots of gw2 content/videos that helps the gw2 community to even have a chance for a partnership.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > Everyone is taking the OP too literally. I didn't take away that he really thought peon should be a partner, it seemed more like a joke, while also pointing out his latest GW2 video, but I could be wrong.

> The OP's replied a couple of times. If they were joking about the idea, they haven't taken the time to clarify. If they just meant it as hyperbole, they haven't taken the time to clarify. Either way, it's fair game to respond to the idea.

>

> The OP also wrote:

> > Yeah I guess getting good press from a Youtuber with 400,000 subscribers couldn't benefit this game at all, even in the short term; exposure is a good thing even if it's from an MMO Tourist because that tourist has 400,000 subscribers.

> That sounds like support of the idea rather than continuing a joke.

>

>

As stated, I could be wrong.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > Everyone is taking the OP too literally. I didn't take away that he really thought peon should be a partner, it seemed more like a joke, while also pointing out his latest GW2 video, but I could be wrong.

> > The OP's replied a couple of times. If they were joking about the idea, they haven't taken the time to clarify. If they just meant it as hyperbole, they haven't taken the time to clarify. Either way, it's fair game to respond to the idea.

> >

> > The OP also wrote:

> > > Yeah I guess getting good press from a Youtuber with 400,000 subscribers couldn't benefit this game at all, even in the short term; exposure is a good thing even if it's from an MMO Tourist because that tourist has 400,000 subscribers.

> > That sounds like support of the idea rather than continuing a joke.

> >

> >

>

> As stated, I could be wrong.

I'm not kidding, I think ANet stands to benefit from a limited partnership with LP, it might lead to 2 booming financial quarters.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > Everyone is taking the OP too literally. I didn't take away that he really thought peon should be a partner, it seemed more like a joke, while also pointing out his latest GW2 video, but I could be wrong.

> > > The OP's replied a couple of times. If they were joking about the idea, they haven't taken the time to clarify. If they just meant it as hyperbole, they haven't taken the time to clarify. Either way, it's fair game to respond to the idea.

> > >

> > > The OP also wrote:

> > > > Yeah I guess getting good press from a Youtuber with 400,000 subscribers couldn't benefit this game at all, even in the short term; exposure is a good thing even if it's from an MMO Tourist because that tourist has 400,000 subscribers.

> > > That sounds like support of the idea rather than continuing a joke.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > As stated, I could be wrong.

>

> I'm not kidding, I think ANet stands to benefit from a limited partnership with LP, it might lead to 2 booming financial quarters.

I don't really think it benefits Anet in the long run to make LP a partner UNLESS LP starts making more gw2 videos and thus more exposure and reasons to keep playing. Which he prob won't, his shtick is mmos in general, don't think he would sacrifice that for a single good mmo. Look at WP he is arguably one of the best gw2 content creators and he survives partially because of Anet BUT also because of his patreon donators.

> @"eduardo.1436" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > Everyone is taking the OP too literally. I didn't take away that he really thought peon should be a partner, it seemed more like a joke, while also pointing out his latest GW2 video, but I could be wrong.

> > > > The OP's replied a couple of times. If they were joking about the idea, they haven't taken the time to clarify. If they just meant it as hyperbole, they haven't taken the time to clarify. Either way, it's fair game to respond to the idea.

> > > >

> > > > The OP also wrote:

> > > > > Yeah I guess getting good press from a Youtuber with 400,000 subscribers couldn't benefit this game at all, even in the short term; exposure is a good thing even if it's from an MMO Tourist because that tourist has 400,000 subscribers.

> > > > That sounds like support of the idea rather than continuing a joke.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > As stated, I could be wrong.

> >

> > I'm not kidding, I think ANet stands to benefit from a limited partnership with LP, it might lead to 2 booming financial quarters.

>

> I don't really think it benefits Anet in the long run to make LP a partner UNLESS LP starts making more gw2 videos and thus more exposure and reasons to keep playing. Which he prob won't, his shtick is mmos in general, don't think he would sacrifice that for a single good mmo. Look at WP he is arguably one of the best gw2 content creators and he survives partially because of Anet BUT also because of his patreon donators.

He started out as a WoW streamer, so it's not out of his range to stick with one game, but at this point, he has moved to reviewing new MMOs for the most part. I like his videos, it I do t think he would make a good partner. He has three GW2 videos since he started years ago. Yeah, he has followers, and his last video on GW2 was positive, but he doesn't have the content for this game, and I dont think he wants to stick with only one game. His most played game in the past two years was BDO, and he doesn't really have THAT many videos for it.