What could be the other spheres of the Elder Dragons?

Daniel Handler.4816

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > The death touched shatterer is depicted in "shadows." It just seems more appropriate to classify him as death-touched because he was recreated/risen. But he's really just a collection of crystal similar to the way a destroyer is a collection of rock and lava.

>

> I don't see anything shadow about the Death-Branded Shatterer. Nothing about his appearance suggests shadow, nor none of his abilities.

>

> Zhaitan's death domain did affect the landscape too, btw. So it'd make sense it'd affect the Shatterer.

You brought up a very good point, Konig and something I wanted to touch on too. Orr used to be on the bottom of the ocean floor. The Undead Dragon raised it from the depths. I would suspect Zhaitan was able to do this because of all the living and dead organism plants, trees maybe dirt from decomposed people and animals as well and brought it all to the surface. Even the coral and sea creatures that would have covered Orr while on the ocean floor would be dragged up, too I imagine. I do wonder about stone though, statues etc. Non organic things. Like I was saying earlier maybe that is where some of this shadow magic comes in.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I wouldn't really consider "rising a bunch of land" to be tied to its domain. I mean, Primordus did the same with Draconis Mons when he showed up, and Jormag shattered the Shiverpeaks after it woke up. The rising of Orr seemed more akin to just simply "lots of magical might" and not "power of the domain of shadows!"

Sure, but with both those examples you have Primordus rising a volcano and Jormag smashing mountains of snow and ice, which would include those domains. Then you have Orr which was cursed with undeath when it sank to the bottom of the ocean. I also wouldn’t really think this is shadow magic per say, but rather death magic.

Is it a coincidence? Maybe or maybe I’m just looking to deep into it, when the devs may have thought, this would be cool.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > I wouldn't really consider "rising a bunch of land" to be tied to its domain. I mean, Primordus did the same with Draconis Mons when he showed up, and Jormag shattered the Shiverpeaks after it woke up. The rising of Orr seemed more akin to just simply "lots of magical might" and not "power of the domain of shadows!"

>

> Sure, but with both those examples you have Primordus rising a volcano and Jormag smashing mountains of snow and ice, which would include those domains. Then you have Orr which was cursed with undeath when it sank to the bottom of the ocean. I also wouldn’t really think this is shadow magic per say, but rather death magic.

>

> Is it a coincidence? Maybe or maybe I’m just looking to deep into it, when the devs may have thought, this would be cool.

Zhaitan liked a good pun, so he made sure the Risen came from a land that used to be Sunken.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > I wouldn't really consider "rising a bunch of land" to be tied to its domain. I mean, Primordus did the same with Draconis Mons when he showed up, and Jormag shattered the Shiverpeaks after it woke up. The rising of Orr seemed more akin to just simply "lots of magical might" and not "power of the domain of shadows!"

>

> Sure, but with both those examples you have Primordus rising a volcano and Jormag smashing mountains of snow and ice, which would include those domains. Then you have Orr which was cursed with undeath when it sank to the bottom of the ocean. I also wouldn’t really think this is shadow magic per say, but rather death magic.

>

> Is it a coincidence? Maybe or maybe I’m just looking to deep into it, when the devs may have thought, this would be cool.

The Shiverpeaks isn't made of ice and snow. They're covered by ice and snow... An Draconis Mons wasn't an active volcano until Primordus showed up.

I think you're just looking too deep into it.

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > I wouldn't really consider "rising a bunch of land" to be tied to its domain. I mean, Primordus did the same with Draconis Mons when he showed up, and Jormag shattered the Shiverpeaks after it woke up. The rising of Orr seemed more akin to just simply "lots of magical might" and not "power of the domain of shadows!"

> >

> > Sure, but with both those examples you have Primordus rising a volcano and Jormag smashing mountains of snow and ice, which would include those domains. Then you have Orr which was cursed with undeath when it sank to the bottom of the ocean. I also wouldn’t really think this is shadow magic per say, but rather death magic.

> >

> > Is it a coincidence? Maybe or maybe I’m just looking to deep into it, when the devs may have thought, this would be cool.

>

> The Shiverpeaks isn't made of ice and snow. They're covered by ice and snow... An Draconis Mons wasn't an active volcano until Primordus showed up.

>

> I think you're just looking too deep into it.

“Magical might” just seems like a cop out to me, for establishing that these dragon only operate in their domains, when first introduced. Ah well another lore question to ask in the next monthly afc.