Moon loot?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I've never heard the term Moon Loot in GW2. Can you give us some context? Where did you see/hear this? What items was it referring to?

Very common Norn spoken dialogue when looting rare or higher items

It is of course moot loot, but it sounds like moon

Lol I also thought it was "moon boots" for a long time. Here's what wiki says about "moot":

A moot is a celebration and party amongst the norn. There is no set reason to hold a moot, and some norn homesteads are known to hold annual moots. A moot typically contains typical partying: drinking, brawling, storytelling by skaalds, and other competitions. There are at least two special kinds of moots: alemoots and the annual Great Hunt of Hoelbrak.

"Moot loot" is lute of high repute. The root lute and toot is nigh absolute; the cute boot bears fruit if one is acute. One canoot refute or dispute a great moot. So don't mute the loot, instead follow suit.

It means your favorite thing about partying, which Norn basically live for. The treasure is better than that... if not necessarily as good as your best gear, because yours is the best, because you are Norn.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> "Moot loot" is lute of high repute. The root lute and toot is nigh absolute; the cute boot bears fruit if one is acute. One canoot refute or dispute a great moot. So don't mute the loot, instead follow suit.

>

> It means your favorite thing about partying, which Norn basically live for. The treasure is better than that... if not necessarily as good as your best gear, because yours is the best, because you are Norn.

Because

We

Are

NORN!!

Ha! I always thought it was "Moon" too...

But look here:

>A moot is a celebration and party amongst the norn. There is no set reason to hold a moot, and some norn homesteads are known to hold annual moots. A moot typically contains typical partying: drinking, brawling, storytelling by skaalds, and other competitions. There are at least two special kinds of moots: alemoots and the annual Great Hunt of Hoelbrak.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> Norn racial dialog when salvaging Rares or higher drops, what you think you hear and it's origins. **"Ah, better than Moot Loot"**.

Aww, too bad I have Player Chatter disabled! Looks like I missed out on some laughs with my two male Norn characters. ;)

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> Moon loot is obviously loot from the Moon. As to why everything else you find is better than it...

>

> Have you ever been to the Moon? Not much there but rocks and dust. Makes for pretty lackuster loot if you ask me.

LOL!!

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > Lunar expansion when?

> >

> > Watch the skies..

>

> But I thought we were supposed to watch the ledges.

Where do you think the moon loot lands?