[WvW] I can't beat a holosmith

Traveller.7496

I run a basic core GS / axe+shield warrior for WvW (marauder armor, 'zerker weapons). I'm not the most experienced player, only having done WvW for like 6 months or so, but I'm getting to know my way around. I can occasionally beat a thief, or a mesmer, but a holosmith seems completely unbeatable to me. They evade my big hits, heal to full and have insane DPS. Lots of quickness, stability, and CC. Any tips on what to focus on when fighting one?

The thing about fighting Holosmiths is that you have to pay attention to what skills they are using so that you know when to strike. You need to pay attention when they have switched to Holo mode. Holo mode is what gives the Holosmith the most amount of DPS. I'll briefly describe the skills and what they do:

1. Light Strike - Bright Slash - Flash Cutter

This is the basic auto attack. It's nothing special, but it does a solid amount of damage.

2. Holo Leap

A leap skill that grants the Holosmith swiftness and it has a 2 seconds cooldown.

3. Corona Burst

Dodge this skill because it gives the Holosmith stability if they're using the trait Crystal Configuration: Eclipse. It also give the Holosmith barrier, giving them even more sustain.

4. Photon Blitz

Make sure to save your block for this skill. It deals a lot of damage as well as burning damage so reflecting the shots will help you out a lot. If you're within melee range, they are more likely to use this skill so expect them to use this skill.

5. Holographic Shockwave

This is the skill you must avoid. It CCc you and allows the Holosmith to follow it up with Photon Blitz. Pay attention to the jumping animation or keep your distance to give yourself enough time to avoid the CC.

Other things you can do as a warrior is to wait for the Holosmith to dodge, then time your Shield Bash and follow it up with Eviscerate to deal a lot of damage. Use Whirlwind Attack to evade Photon Blitz or Holographic Shockwave and use Rush to keep pressure on the Holosmith.

• 4 weeks later...

Play defensive till Holo#5 is used(the big jump) then go full offense. Block Holo#4 from there and they are sitting ducks. If you protect yourself from those 2 skills the Holo will play defensive till the next time they go into holo-mode, use this time to pressure them hard.

-Engineer Main

It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

yea the kiting is a problem, but the elite has a big animation to be dodged

the stability in their dmg rota comes from one skill, that gives only stab when they hit something i (a circle shaped shockwave with them in the middle) if you dodge thaz you can then interrupt his dmg rota, if you cant raise your shield to reflect his pewpew, it can almost oneshot them if they eat it themself

> @"Brosef.7852" said:

> remember this game is a rock paper scissors sometimes. Sometimes no matter how hard you throw that rock. That paper still gonna destroy you. Might have to change it to something better to counter holos.

nah, warri/holo is rather a balanced fight

thongs that are good vs warri are mes/thief and druid id say

I generally have troubles with

- Holosmiths

- A soulbeast who will instantly run away and when I break the chase shoots me in the back

- Condi mesmers (it's just hard to kill even a mediocre one)

- Another spellbreaker - usually many of them are better at using the blocks effectively

Oddly enough I seem to do pretty well against thieves. Druids are of course annoying, since they are so durable.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

It is true that I'm still learning to wvw as a warrior. I guess my most frustrating encounters have just been against holosmiths, even though their attacks should be easy to read. You are correct that getting hit by the elite is no one's fault but mine even if it is unblockable.

I do still look at how some more experienced SB's play and feel like I can't use the same tools as effectively, but it definitely helps when you get more experience about other classes and learn what kind of attacks you can expect from them.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

>

> Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

>

> You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

>

> Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

>

> If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

>

> As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

>

> Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

>

> Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

>

> I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

>

> When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

>

> Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> >

> > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> >

> > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> >

> > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> >

> > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> >

> > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> >

> > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> >

> > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> >

> > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> >

> > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> >

> > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

>

> drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > >

> > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > >

> > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > >

> > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > >

> > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > >

> > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > >

> > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > >

> > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > >

> > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > >

> > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > >

> > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> >

> > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

>

> Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

>

> Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

>

> If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

>

> You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

>

> If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

>

> Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > >

> > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > >

> > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > >

> > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > >

> > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > >

> > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > >

> > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > >

> > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > >

> > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > >

> > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > >

> > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > >

> > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> >

> > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> >

> > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> >

> > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> >

> > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> >

> > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> >

> > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

>

> you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

>

I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

"why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

Necro main says hi here ;]

Dodging key skills, blocking what needs to be blocked and watching out for when their stab is up is all good advice...from warriors. I'm not a warrior, and as a necro i fight differently. Maybe some these advices will work for you:

* engineers live and die by overloading themselves with boons. If you're willing to jump on a spellbreaker, you'll have some very good boonrip to deal with them.

* Weakness condition is your friend. It's extremely strong vs power crit builds. When weakened 50% their blows will be "glancing" dealing half damage. Except **that's not true**. What really happens is that they turn to **normal, non crit** hits, and then they do half of that damage. so something from like 220% damage crit drops down to 50% damage fumble hit.

* no matter what heal they use, you can be sure it'll be OP. That's how engies roll. Maybe some sigil of doom can help you wittle down their healing in critical moment. Also be sure they're not using A.E.D. which gives them super heal if they take a lethal blow during it's time window. If you see A.E.D icon when they get low - leave them alone. If you don't deliver a killling blow during their window of opportunity, they score only a weak heal instead of a over 10k one.

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > >

> > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > >

> > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > >

> > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > >

> > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > >

> > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > >

> > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > >

> > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > >

> > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > >

> > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > >

> > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > >

> > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> >

> > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> >

>

> I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

>

> Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

>

> For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

>

> "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

>

> The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > > >

> > > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > > >

> > > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > > >

> > > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > > >

> > > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > > >

> > > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > > >

> > > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > >

> > > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> > >

> >

> > I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

> >

> > Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

> >

> > For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

> >

> > "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

> >

> > The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

>

> ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

> well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

> and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

Nope because warrior in the role of holo is not viable.

Warrior is viable only in this current meta spellbreaker build and probably on core full zerk too.

Cant compare the 2 classes.

And the op maybe refers more into wvw, since spvp is a team gamemode.

> > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > > > >

> > > > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > > > >

> > > > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > > >

> > > > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> > > >

> > >

> > > I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

> > >

> > > Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

> > >

> > > For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

> > >

> > > "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

> > >

> > > The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

> >

> > ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

> > well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

> > and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

>

> Nope because warrior in the role of holo is not viable.

>

> Warrior is viable only in this current meta spellbreaker build and probably on core full zerk too.

>

> Cant compare the 2 classes.

>

> And the op maybe refers more into wvw, since spvp is a team gamemode.

why is it not viable? because metabattle told you so? what exactly is the purpose of holo? id guess spiking enemies and providing quite some cc while being rather mobile...warri can do all those pretty well.

you didnt tell me why its not viable and just saying its not viable is no reasonable argument at all

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > > > >

> > > > > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

> > > >

> > > > Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

> > > >

> > > > For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

> > > >

> > > > "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

> > > >

> > > > The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

> > >

> > > ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

> > > well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

> > > and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

> >

> > Nope because warrior in the role of holo is not viable.

> >

> > Warrior is viable only in this current meta spellbreaker build and probably on core full zerk too.

> >

> > Cant compare the 2 classes.

> >

> > And the op maybe refers more into wvw, since spvp is a team gamemode.

>

> why is it not viable? because metabattle told you so? what exactly is the purpose of holo? id guess spiking enemies and providing quite some cc while being rather mobile...warri can do all those pretty well.

> you didnt tell me why its not viable and just saying its not viable is no reasonable argument at all

Not viable because without defense you can't hold a point as effectevely and in team fights you are kinda useless than it's better roll a thief then. Warrior without defense is outclassed by another profession.

Then if you wanna have fun in bronze silver or gold league that's up to you.

Metabattle did not tell me about it, but don't you think if it was viable was meta already? Is not, so it's not viable and nothing more than a funny build.

> > > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > > > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > > > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

> > > > >

> > > > > For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

> > > > >

> > > > > "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

> > > > >

> > > > > The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

> > > >

> > > > ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

> > > > well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

> > > > and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

> > >

> > > Nope because warrior in the role of holo is not viable.

> > >

> > > Warrior is viable only in this current meta spellbreaker build and probably on core full zerk too.

> > >

> > > Cant compare the 2 classes.

> > >

> > > And the op maybe refers more into wvw, since spvp is a team gamemode.

> >

> > why is it not viable? because metabattle told you so? what exactly is the purpose of holo? id guess spiking enemies and providing quite some cc while being rather mobile...warri can do all those pretty well.

> > you didnt tell me why its not viable and just saying its not viable is no reasonable argument at all

>

> Not viable because without defense you can't hold a point as effectevely and in team fights you are kinda useless than it's better roll a thief then. Warrior without defense is outclassed by another profession.

>

> Then if you wanna have fun in bronze silver or gold league that's up to you.

>

> Metabattle did not tell me about it, but don't you think if it was viable was meta already? Is not, so it's not viable and nothing more than a funny build.

you do know that metabattle themself say that their builds are aimed at a wide variety of ppl and that they are as easy to play as possible, so higher skill ceiling builds are not going to be listed there, because not everyone can play them as efficient as someone who knows how to play that build well

you still didnt tell me whats the role of holo, is he supposed to tank on points? how is he more efficient in teamfights when he dies from the slightest mistake...

how do you even know that its useless in teamfights, i usually can tank quite a bit with that build, the only way i die is when there are 2+ full condi player focusing me, like scourge and mirage or 2 scourges and im pretty sure the same thing would happen to a sb trying to tank such condi builds without support

defense doesnt even give that much anymore since they gutted last stand trait, random 2sec endure pain is meh and the only real good things are adrenal health and maybe shield trait

with strength and magebane tether you get alot of hp from mmr and you wont take as much dmg in the first place because you can dodge waaay more

ive been tanking scrapper and guard (ofc both support build, if they were full dmg even a defense sb would have died then) for ages on a point until they had a third guy on me, and even then i was able to turn and get away without dying

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > > > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > > > > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > > > > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

> > > > >

> > > > > ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

> > > > > well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

> > > > > and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

> > > >

> > > > Nope because warrior in the role of holo is not viable.

> > > >

> > > > Warrior is viable only in this current meta spellbreaker build and probably on core full zerk too.

> > > >

> > > > Cant compare the 2 classes.

> > > >

> > > > And the op maybe refers more into wvw, since spvp is a team gamemode.

> > >

> > > why is it not viable? because metabattle told you so? what exactly is the purpose of holo? id guess spiking enemies and providing quite some cc while being rather mobile...warri can do all those pretty well.

> > > you didnt tell me why its not viable and just saying its not viable is no reasonable argument at all

> >

> > Not viable because without defense you can't hold a point as effectevely and in team fights you are kinda useless than it's better roll a thief then. Warrior without defense is outclassed by another profession.

> >

> > Then if you wanna have fun in bronze silver or gold league that's up to you.

> >

> > Metabattle did not tell me about it, but don't you think if it was viable was meta already? Is not, so it's not viable and nothing more than a funny build.

>

> you do know that metabattle themself say that their builds are aimed at a wide variety of ppl and that they are as easy to play as possible, so higher skill ceiling builds are not going to be listed there, because not everyone can play them as efficient as someone who knows how to play that build well

>

> you still didnt tell me whats the role of holo, is he supposed to tank on points? how is he more efficient in teamfights when he dies from the slightest mistake...

>

> how do you even know that its useless in teamfights, i usually can tank quite a bit with that build, the only way i die is when there are 2+ full condi player focusing me, like scourge and mirage or 2 scourges and im pretty sure the same thing would happen to a sb trying to tank such condi builds without support

>

> defense doesnt even give that much anymore since they gutted last stand trait, random 2sec endure pain is meh and the only real good things are adrenal health and maybe shield trait

> with strength and magebane tether you get alot of hp from mmr and you wont take as much dmg in the first place because you can dodge waaay more

> ive been tanking scrapper and guard (ofc both support build, if they were full dmg even a defense sb would have died then) for ages on a point until they had a third guy on me, and even then i was able to turn and get away without dying

You completely misundestood.

I was talking of wvw solo roaming not spvp geez.

Spellbreaker is boring after a while and so easy to 2v1 average players.

Static discharge holo with zero passives to carry you, one mistake or wrong dodge and you are dead.

I wasn't referring to spvp my mistake.

In spvp both spellbreaker and holo meta builds are quite similar and holo it's pretty strong even if you make mistake due to the small areas and caps inside spvp.

> > > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > It doesn't really help me. I'm just running into a holosmith and I can't block or dodge all their attacks, which just seem to all do a ton of damage. They can disengage and heal in a heartbeat, then return and do their big damage attacks again (with stability to boot). Not to mention the elite is unblockable.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Warrior can disengage and kite so easy if you manage to get 3 stacks of adrenaline health, you can use GS5 and GS3 to gain some space if you need to recover some health, shield5 and double endure pain helps a lot with regen health.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You are probably still learning the profession that's why you have troubles.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Right now spellbreaker especially in wvw is ez god mode and it has zero counters, yeah zero counters. Probably only good rangers which are basically a range warrior...

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If you don't dodge corona burst (both 2 pulses) and you just facetank their all damage of course you die.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As a spellbreaker if you play right you only have few seconds of window where the enemy is a treat to you.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Passive and passive endure pain proc without you have to do nothing, shield5, gs3 evade, full counter, endure pain active, kite with gs5 and repeat.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Warrior probably struggles in a pure open field, but if you are in a place with many obstacles to help you obstruct projectiles and line of sight skills you are basically unstoppable.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I can win consistently 2v1 against average players with spellbreaker, so after a while i just switch profession because it's too boring and easy, half the job is made by passives and by the profession and not by personal skill.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > When I play instead a static discharge holosmith with only 1 stunbreak and ZERO passive traits to help me you really understand the meaning of high risk high reward build, one mistake and you are done.

> > > > > > > > > > > As a warrior can afford to make multiple mistakes and still have a good chance to win.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Just practice and do duels and you will understand how to outplay other professions.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > drop defense and you just got rid of your passive crap, now you drop endure pain if you want to.

> > > > > > > > > > done. you now need skill and die just as quick as a holo. in pvp i almost always play sb, strength and disci with mending instead of healing sig, even got rid of that passive...

> > > > > > > > > > and i disagree in the no counter thing, mirages and thiefs that know their class and the warri are pretty strong and hardly beaten by it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Mesmers are not a big deal, you have perma 3stacks of adrenaline health using clones to your advantage, full counter is a 100% guaranteed proc against any mesmer unless you are really terrible.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Against good thieves, especially core ones you have to play perfectly, but they have to play perfectly too or one mistake and they die. They are not a direct counter by any mean, they are just the 2 professions that have a chance against spellbreaker, but they don't counter it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you drop defense for strenght you maybe play a fun full damage build which is good only against bad opponents below gold level or solo roaming wvw.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can't expect to reach much in term of rank dropping defense, during mid fight you will be eaten alive instead of tanking damage for your teammates which is one of warrior roles in pvp.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If he dies to holo it's because he dodge the wrong skills, he doesnt use the shield block effectively, he doesnt kite using gs3 and gs5, he doesnt dodge the elite.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Holo vs warrior (both core and sb) is kinda fair fight but i think warrior has to many tools to survive and counter holosmith.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you just complained that warri with all the passives is too easy and thats why you swap to engi that dies with doing any mistake...and now you say warri just dies instantly if not taking defense, why not take the challange and play better on warri?...not sure what you want...i dont play much pvp but i got ranked gold 2 with that build without any problems against most classes, just 2 or 3 full condi ppl give me lots of trouble and against that id take shake it off instead of endure pain

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I play both classes, just saying warrior it get's so boring because how easy to play and forgiving it is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Playing without defense in spvp is just a noob choice because you handicap your team so badly not using the best build available for warrior.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For solo roaming wvw any build is good if you are having fun playing it and don't die miserably in 2 shots by power mesmers or thieves.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "why not take the challange and play better on warri?" - removing defense traitline doesn't mean ever you take the challenge and play better warrior, it means you just play a worse build in term of survivability and utilities, and that's all. From a point of having fun you can play whatever you want, even rifle spellbreaker.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The OP was complaining about not being able to kill holosmiths, if he gives up defense for strenghts and the 2 passive traitlines he seriously have zero chances even against mediocre players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ofc this was kind of offtopic and not meant for the op...

> > > > > > well if warri is that easy and op, wouldnt it be also crippling for your team to not play warri and play holo instead who instantly dies after 1 mistake? its the same thing basically, you sacrifice the warri strength for having fun with the less forgiving holo

> > > > > > and if you say now, "but holo has a different role than warri" just play no defense warri, which has more dmg than defense warri ofc, in the same role as holo and not as some kind of tank...

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope because warrior in the role of holo is not viable.

> > > > >

> > > > > Warrior is viable only in this current meta spellbreaker build and probably on core full zerk too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cant compare the 2 classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > And the op maybe refers more into wvw, since spvp is a team gamemode.

> > > >

> > > > why is it not viable? because metabattle told you so? what exactly is the purpose of holo? id guess spiking enemies and providing quite some cc while being rather mobile...warri can do all those pretty well.

> > > > you didnt tell me why its not viable and just saying its not viable is no reasonable argument at all

> > >

> > > Not viable because without defense you can't hold a point as effectevely and in team fights you are kinda useless than it's better roll a thief then. Warrior without defense is outclassed by another profession.

> > >

> > > Then if you wanna have fun in bronze silver or gold league that's up to you.

> > >

> > > Metabattle did not tell me about it, but don't you think if it was viable was meta already? Is not, so it's not viable and nothing more than a funny build.

> >

> > you do know that metabattle themself say that their builds are aimed at a wide variety of ppl and that they are as easy to play as possible, so higher skill ceiling builds are not going to be listed there, because not everyone can play them as efficient as someone who knows how to play that build well

> >

> > you still didnt tell me whats the role of holo, is he supposed to tank on points? how is he more efficient in teamfights when he dies from the slightest mistake...

> >

> > how do you even know that its useless in teamfights, i usually can tank quite a bit with that build, the only way i die is when there are 2+ full condi player focusing me, like scourge and mirage or 2 scourges and im pretty sure the same thing would happen to a sb trying to tank such condi builds without support

> >

> > defense doesnt even give that much anymore since they gutted last stand trait, random 2sec endure pain is meh and the only real good things are adrenal health and maybe shield trait

> > with strength and magebane tether you get alot of hp from mmr and you wont take as much dmg in the first place because you can dodge waaay more

> > ive been tanking scrapper and guard (ofc both support build, if they were full dmg even a defense sb would have died then) for ages on a point until they had a third guy on me, and even then i was able to turn and get away without dying

>

> You completely misundestood.

>

> I was talking of wvw solo roaming not spvp geez.

>

> Spellbreaker is boring after a while and so easy to 2v1 average players.

>

> Static discharge holo with zero passives to carry you, one mistake or wrong dodge and you are dead.

>

> I wasn't referring to spvp my mistake.

>

> In spvp both spellbreaker and holo meta builds are quite similar and holo it's pretty strong even if you make mistake due to the small areas and caps inside spvp.

you were talking about gold silver and bronze...clearly indicates spvp

and my point stands, if its too easy for you change your build to be more high risk...if you swap defense for strength you have a higher risk but also higher reward (alot more dmg) just like static holo

Crit damage and power to low as a marauder. Keep Maruader armor for zerg fights or no 1v1s. You need zerker weapons and armor. 3/5 cav accesories 2/5 zerker, with zerker back piece. Use Durability runes and use energy sigils on both weapons/ use intelligence for axe/shield and hydromancy with gs. Core warrior is great but they nerfed war utilitiy damage bonus from 30% to 10%. gg T.T