My opinion about raids

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > >

> > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > >

> > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > >

> > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > >

> > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > >

> > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > >

> > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > >

> > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> >

> > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> >

> > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

>

> Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

>

> a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> >

> > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> >

> > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

>

> A s/he could have leveled by wvw at the start of the game without setting fot in ow after level 2 or now they could level by spvp from useing tomes so not so obviously.

Yeah but he said he hates pvp and wvw too.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > >

> > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > >

> > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > >

> > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > >

> > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > >

> > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > >

> > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > >

> > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> >

> > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> >

> > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

>

> Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

>

> a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

lol to use the analogy, even though the theme park as advertised as family friendly, there is only 1 extreme roller coaster that a small percentage of people like to go on. There are no other roller coasters for the vast majority of paying customers (they would love some roller coasters, just not an extreme one) and whatsmore it's the only ride that offers pictures as you go on the ride!

Extreme roller coasters are great, but other roller coasters are good too.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > >

> > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > >

> > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > >

> > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > >

> > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > >

> > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> >

> > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> >

> > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

>

> And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

Yeah it is.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > >

> > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > >

> > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > >

> > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > >

> > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > >

> > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> >

> >

> > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

>

> " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

>

It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > >

> > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > >

> > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > >

> > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > >

> > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> >

> > " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

> >

>

> It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> lol to use the analogy, even though the theme park as advertised as family friendly, there is only 1 extreme roller coaster that a small percentage of people like to go on. There are no other roller coasters for the vast majority of paying customers (they would love some roller coasters, just not an extreme one) and whatsmore it's the only ride that offers pictures as you go on the ride!

>

> Extreme roller coasters are great, but other roller coasters are good too.

How the theme park is advertised is completely irrelevant to the discussion. This analogy was only made to make a good analogy about said "10%", don't use it for something else.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > >

> > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > >

> > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > >

> > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > >

> > > " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

> > >

> >

> > It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

>

> You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

You clearly didn’t understand mine...

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > Legendary Items are the Only Long Term goals in this game.

> > > I disagree,

> >

> > Disagreeing only makes you wrong.

>

> So you are now the authority on what is long term goal in this game?

Yes.. and well past the time that you realized this.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > >

> > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > >

> > > > " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

> >

> > You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

>

> You clearly didn’t understand mine...

I did. But your analogy is plain bad, so it's obvious I won't keep using it. Instead I made my own analogy, which still applies to that 10%.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > > >

> > > > > " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

> > >

> > > You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

> >

> > You clearly didn’t understand mine...

>

> I did. But your analogy is plain bad, so it's obvious I won't keep using it. Instead I made my own analogy, which still applies to that 10%.

Really? And yours was better? Try again.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > > >

> > > > > " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

> > >

> > > You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

> >

> > You clearly didn’t understand mine...

>

> I did. But your analogy is plain bad, so it's obvious I won't keep using it. Instead I made my own analogy, which still applies to that 10%.

Unfortunately, you didn’t. Clearly by your poor analogy.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > " That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

> > > >

> > > > You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

> > >

> > > You clearly didn’t understand mine...

> >

> > I did. But your analogy is plain bad, so it's obvious I won't keep using it. Instead I made my own analogy, which still applies to that 10%.

>

> Unfortunately, you didn’t. Clearly by your poor analogy.

If you want to add something to a post edit it, don't do double posts : D

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > >

> > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > >

> > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > >

> > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > >

> > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> >

> > lol to use the analogy, even though the theme park as advertised as family friendly, there is only 1 extreme roller coaster that a small percentage of people like to go on. There are no other roller coasters for the vast majority of paying customers (they would love some roller coasters, just not an extreme one) and whatsmore it's the only ride that offers pictures as you go on the ride!

> >

> > Extreme roller coasters are great, but other roller coasters are good too.

>

> How the theme park is advertised is completely irrelevant to the discussion. This analogy was only made to make a good analogy about said "10%", don't use it for something else.

is it now, ty for clarifying my analogy for me.

> @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

>So you basically want raids not be raids? Raids are supposed to be the hardest content in the game.

And the normal mode would continue to be just that, for whatever that's worth. But that experience isn't what every player is looking for, and not what every player should *have* to endure just to experience the content or work toward Envoy armor. This is why it's an optional alternate mode, rather than just "nerf all raids."

>The alternative for those players are Open World, Dungeons and Fractals.

I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

>You want easy mode Raids? Thats fine. Just get the Open World Team to rebalance the bosses, dont give LI, dont give achievements and have a reduced chance on Minipets and ascended equipment.

Fine to most of that, but LI is currently necessary for Envoy armor. I'd be fine if the easy mode method of unlocking it didn't involve LI though.

>If that's really considered a steep barrier, I can't help people anymore. It's an MMORPG. You are literally supposed to socialize in one way or another.

The game gives you 5 guild slots to fill. Cant be that hard.

If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a burden that every player is comfortable with.

>I often do that throughout the week. People just add 150LI or whatever to it.

Your experience is not typical.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

>First, there are raiders who have lots and lots of gold. Getting extra 10 per boss doesn't really mean anything to them.

Ok.

>There are also those who will (rightfully) point out the higher liquid gold rewards will draw in more newbies to raids. While this can be good in itself, the players to point that out won't be particularly happy because it will mean more newbies joining their groups and causing wipes. This happened in WvW when the pip system was introduced, and it happened again in pretty much the same manner on this week's reset because of the extra WXP event.

Ok.

>In effect you're proposing to trade something actually valuable (exclusivity) to a basic commodity (gold). Let me ask you a question - do you know how much Dhuum's throne toy sells for on the TP?

Don't care.

The point is, Butcher proposed 15g per boss as an alternative to exclusive access to loot, and I was pointing out that most would be fine with that.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> Because raid keep us playing in this form. If you decide to change the very core idea of them (hardest content that require teamwork, focus, knowlage and builds that make sence to finish and reward unique rewards for those that do) then it wouldnt be the same

But nobody is changing any of that. "Changing" it is not on the table. This would be an *additional* mode, something completely *separate* from the raids you know and love. Engage with it, don't, entirely up to you. You should miss out on *nothing* by choosing not to engage with the easy mode. Nothing for you should change at all.

> @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

>Honestly i feel like future raid wings should have easier bosses at the start and harder bosses at the end.

That's probably a good idea in general, but the problem is still that the *first* wing is pretty tricky, and new players are less likely to start on wing 6, they're more likely to start with wing 1. It would take some serious social engineering to work them out of that habit.

> I have to say i dont understand the other side of the argument. Can you please answer these questions?

> 1) what makes the game fun for you?

> 2) why do you want to raid?

> 3) what do you think is locking you from raids

> 4) do you have ascended gear/enough gold to easily get it?

> 5) do you enjoy every gw2 content exept raids? (And which not)

1) A complicated question. I mostly enjoy exploring the maps, completing events, engaging the story and collections, unlocking various rewards, etc. I think that's pretty much what most GW2 players enjoy.

2) The encounters look like they would be a lot of fun without that constant risk of wiping hanging over my head, and I'd really like to be able to experience that. I also like long term goals and want to be able to work towards Envoy armor.

3) The high failure rate, I cannot enjoy high-stress content, content where wiping is more likely than not. I also cannot enjoy it even if I eventually "git gud" and reach a point where wiping is less common, because that potential of failure is still there, and because the pain of the process of reaching that point overwhelms any joy at being past it.

4) Probably? I don't feel like I should have to spend it though.

5) No, I don't like PvP or WvW, I'm also not a fan of some JPs, higher tier Fractals, or Tribulation mode. Not every player needs to enjoy every part of the game, that is not the bar.

> Thanks for answers. For me games are fun only if you can get better (and beeing better makes a diference) and it takes all my attention. If i can be distracted i lose interest and dont enjoy it anymore. I use games to distract my mind and those kind of games have many things i can solve.

You probably shouldn't play easy mode then, and good news! You'd never have to. Ever. So it's not an issue.

Personally though, I enjoy getting better, but I hate being *required* to be better than I *am.* I enjoy "doing well enough to succeed" rather quickly, and then improving my performance *on top of that* to do even better. It's a bit like a racing game in which you can get first place easily enough, but then you can go back in and keep trying to get even better times.

Also, might I suggest Sudoku? I never played it until Mass Effect: Andromeda, but then I got hooked and it's a really fun game once you get into it.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> Butcher did clarify that he plays more then just raids, which is why I threw the question out to him in the first place, because I whole thing seemed odd to me.

I play mostly raids and fractals. Sometimes when i feel like like it i go dragonstand, or i go hunt some masteries.... That doesnt mean i wouldnt quit if there was no raids because 1 hour every 2 weeks (maximum) is not enough to keep me playing.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

> >So you basically want raids not be raids? Raids are supposed to be the hardest content in the game.

>

> And the normal mode would continue to be just that, for whatever that's worth. But that experience isn't what every player is looking for, and not what every player should *have* to endure just to experience the content or work toward Envoy armor. This is why it's an optional alternate mode, rather than just "nerf all raids."

>

> >The alternative for those players are Open World, Dungeons and Fractals.

>

> I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

>

> >You want easy mode Raids? Thats fine. Just get the Open World Team to rebalance the bosses, dont give LI, dont give achievements and have a reduced chance on Minipets and ascended equipment.

>

> Fine to most of that, but LI is currently necessary for Envoy armor. I'd be fine if the easy mode method of unlocking it didn't involve LI though.

>

> >If that's really considered a steep barrier, I can't help people anymore. It's an MMORPG. You are literally supposed to socialize in one way or another.

> The game gives you 5 guild slots to fill. Cant be that hard.

>

> If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a burden that every player is comfortable with.

>

> >I often do that throughout the week. People just add 150LI or whatever to it.

>

> Your experience is not typical.

>

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> >First, there are raiders who have lots and lots of gold. Getting extra 10 per boss doesn't really mean anything to them.

>

> Ok.

>

> >There are also those who will (rightfully) point out the higher liquid gold rewards will draw in more newbies to raids. While this can be good in itself, the players to point that out won't be particularly happy because it will mean more newbies joining their groups and causing wipes. This happened in WvW when the pip system was introduced, and it happened again in pretty much the same manner on this week's reset because of the extra WXP event.

>

> Ok.

>

> >In effect you're proposing to trade something actually valuable (exclusivity) to a basic commodity (gold). Let me ask you a question - do you know how much Dhuum's throne toy sells for on the TP?

>

> Don't care.

>

> The point is, Butcher proposed 15g per boss as an alternative to exclusive access to loot, and I was pointing out that most would be fine with that.

>

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > Because raid keep us playing in this form. If you decide to change the very core idea of them (hardest content that require teamwork, focus, knowlage and builds that make sence to finish and reward unique rewards for those that do) then it wouldnt be the same

>

> But nobody is changing any of that. "Changing" it is not on the table. This would be an *additional* mode, something completely *separate* from the raids you know and love. Engage with it, don't, entirely up to you. You should miss out on *nothing* by choosing not to engage with the easy mode. Nothing for you should change at all.

>

> > @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> >Honestly i feel like future raid wings should have easier bosses at the start and harder bosses at the end.

>

> That's probably a good idea in general, but the problem is still that the *first* wing is pretty tricky, and new players are less likely to start on wing 6, they're more likely to start with wing 1. It would take some serious social engineering to work them out of that habit.

>

> > I have to say i dont understand the other side of the argument. Can you please answer these questions?

> > 1) what makes the game fun for you?

> > 2) why do you want to raid?

> > 3) what do you think is locking you from raids

> > 4) do you have ascended gear/enough gold to easily get it?

> > 5) do you enjoy every gw2 content exept raids? (And which not)

>

> 1) A complicated question. I mostly enjoy exploring the maps, completing events, engaging the story and collections, unlocking various rewards, etc. I think that's pretty much what most GW2 players enjoy.

> 2) The encounters look like they would be a lot of fun without that constant risk of wiping hanging over my head, and I'd really like to be able to experience that. I also like long term goals and want to be able to work towards Envoy armor.

> 3) The high failure rate, I cannot enjoy high-stress content, content where wiping is more likely than not. I also cannot enjoy it even if I eventually "git gud" and reach a point where wiping is less common, because that potential of failure is still there, and because the pain of the process of reaching that point overwhelms any joy at being past it.

> 4) Probably? I don't feel like I should have to spend it though.

> 5) No, I don't like PvP or WvW, I'm also not a fan of some JPs, higher tier Fractals, or Tribulation mode. Not every player needs to enjoy every part of the game, that is not the bar.

>

> > Thanks for answers. For me games are fun only if you can get better (and beeing better makes a diference) and it takes all my attention. If i can be distracted i lose interest and dont enjoy it anymore. I use games to distract my mind and those kind of games have many things i can solve.

>

> You probably shouldn't play easy mode than, and good news! You'd never have to. Ever. So it's not an issue.

>

> Personally though, I enjoy getting better, but I hate being *required* to be better than I *am.* I enjoy "doing well enough to succeed" rather quickly, and then improving my performance *on top of that* to do even better. It's a bit like a racing game in which you can get first place easily enough, but then you can go back in and keep trying to get even better times.

>

> Also, might I suggest Sudoku? I never played it until Mass Effect: Andromeda, but then I got hooked and it's a really fun game once you get into it.

>

>

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

> >So you basically want raids not be raids? Raids are supposed to be the hardest content in the game.

>

> And the normal mode would continue to be just that, for whatever that's worth. But that experience isn't what every player is looking for, and not what every player should *have* to endure just to experience the content or work toward Envoy armor. This is why it's an optional alternate mode, rather than just "nerf all raids."

>

> >The alternative for those players are Open World, Dungeons and Fractals.

>

> I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

>

> >You want easy mode Raids? Thats fine. Just get the Open World Team to rebalance the bosses, dont give LI, dont give achievements and have a reduced chance on Minipets and ascended equipment.

>

> Fine to most of that, but LI is currently necessary for Envoy armor. I'd be fine if the easy mode method of unlocking it didn't involve LI though.

>

> >If that's really considered a steep barrier, I can't help people anymore. It's an MMORPG. You are literally supposed to socialize in one way or another.

> The game gives you 5 guild slots to fill. Cant be that hard.

>

> If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a burden that every player is comfortable with.

>

> >I often do that throughout the week. People just add 150LI or whatever to it.

>

> Your experience is not typical.

>

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> >First, there are raiders who have lots and lots of gold. Getting extra 10 per boss doesn't really mean anything to them.

>

> Ok.

>

> >There are also those who will (rightfully) point out the higher liquid gold rewards will draw in more newbies to raids. While this can be good in itself, the players to point that out won't be particularly happy because it will mean more newbies joining their groups and causing wipes. This happened in WvW when the pip system was introduced, and it happened again in pretty much the same manner on this week's reset because of the extra WXP event.

>

> Ok.

>

> >In effect you're proposing to trade something actually valuable (exclusivity) to a basic commodity (gold). Let me ask you a question - do you know how much Dhuum's throne toy sells for on the TP?

>

> Don't care.

>

> The point is, Butcher proposed 15g per boss as an alternative to exclusive access to loot, and I was pointing out that most would be fine with that.

>

> > Because raid keep us playing in this form. If you decide to change the very core idea of them (hardest content that require teamwork, focus, knowlage and builds that make sence to finish and reward unique rewards for those that do) then it wouldnt be the same

>

> But nobody is changing any of that. "Changing" it is not on the table. This would be an *additional* mode, something completely *separate* from the raids you know and love. Engage with it, don't, entirely up to you. You should miss out on *nothing* by choosing not to engage with the easy mode. Nothing for you should change at all.

>

> > @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> >Honestly i feel like future raid wings should have easier bosses at the start and harder bosses at the end.

>

> That's probably a good idea in general, but the problem is still that the *first* wing is pretty tricky, and new players are less likely to start on wing 6, they're more likely to start with wing 1. It would take some serious social engineering to work them out of that habit.

>

> > I have to say i dont understand the other side of the argument. Can you please answer these questions?

> > 1) what makes the game fun for you?

> > 2) why do you want to raid?

> > 3) what do you think is locking you from raids

> > 4) do you have ascended gear/enough gold to easily get it?

> > 5) do you enjoy every gw2 content exept raids? (And which not)

>

> 1) A complicated question. I mostly enjoy exploring the maps, completing events, engaging the story and collections, unlocking various rewards, etc. I think that's pretty much what most GW2 players enjoy.

> 2) The encounters look like they would be a lot of fun without that constant risk of wiping hanging over my head, and I'd really like to be able to experience that. I also like long term goals and want to be able to work towards Envoy armor.

> 3) The high failure rate, I cannot enjoy high-stress content, content where wiping is more likely than not. I also cannot enjoy it even if I eventually "git gud" and reach a point where wiping is less common, because that potential of failure is still there, and because the pain of the process of reaching that point overwhelms any joy at being past it.

> 4) Probably? I don't feel like I should have to spend it though.

> 5) No, I don't like PvP or WvW, I'm also not a fan of some JPs, higher tier Fractals, or Tribulation mode. Not every player needs to enjoy every part of the game, that is not the bar.

>

> > Thanks for answers. For me games are fun only if you can get better (and beeing better makes a diference) and it takes all my attention. If i can be distracted i lose interest and dont enjoy it anymore. I use games to distract my mind and those kind of games have many things i can solve.

>

> You probably shouldn't play easy mode than, and good news! You'd never have to. Ever. So it's not an issue.

>

> Personally though, I enjoy getting better, but I hate being *required* to be better than I *am.* I enjoy "doing well enough to succeed" rather quickly, and then improving my performance *on top of that* to do even better. It's a bit like a racing game in which you can get first place easily enough, but then you can go back in and keep trying to get even better times.

>

> Also, might I suggest Sudoku? I never played it until Mass Effect: Andromeda, but then I got hooked and it's a really fun game once you get into it.

>

>

My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

Also sudoku is good game but becomes boring for me quite quicky because it is too simple problem. I wrote program to solve sudoku first semester at my university. That means there is simple enough alogorithm that solve solve it. Once there is an algorithm then decisionmaking isnt required and then I lose focus because I dont have to make decisions anymore. Games are great for this because algorythm to win games is too complicated because It has to take into consideration actions of other players and that mean it is too complicated to folow it and that leaves space for decisions during fight. On the other hand parts of the game that doesnt involve other players are scripted and so you can always finish them the same way and that becomes boring quicky. And for the pvp/wvw: i dont like to compete with others, i like to compete with myself.

Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

> My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an *alternate* way to get these things, say an *easy mode* version of them, then I would have no reason to have *anything* to say about how the normal mode version works.

>Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain *why* I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the *opportunity* to play well, but without *requiring* that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

>

> Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

>

> With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an *alternate* way to get these things, say an *easy mode* version of them, then I would have no reason to have *anything* to say about how the normal mode version works.

>

> >Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

>

> I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain *why* I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the *opportunity* to play well, but without *requiring* that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

>

I can respect this butcher, thanks for going into detail on your views.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

> >

> > Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

> >

> > With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an *alternate* way to get these things, say an *easy mode* version of them, then I would have no reason to have *anything* to say about how the normal mode version works.

> >

> > >Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

> >

> > I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain *why* I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the *opportunity* to play well, but without *requiring* that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

> >

> I can respect this butcher, thanks for going into detail on your views.

>

Did you quote the wrong person becouse you address butcher but quote Ohoni

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

> > >

> > > Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

> > >

> > > With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an *alternate* way to get these things, say an *easy mode* version of them, then I would have no reason to have *anything* to say about how the normal mode version works.

> > >

> > > >Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

> > >

> > > I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain *why* I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the *opportunity* to play well, but without *requiring* that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

> > >

> > I can respect this butcher, thanks for going into detail on your views.

> >

>

> Did you quote the wrong person becouse you address butcher but quote Ohoni

Oh probably, I’m working on an hour worth of sleep.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > > My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

> > > >

> > > > Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

> > > >

> > > > With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an *alternate* way to get these things, say an *easy mode* version of them, then I would have no reason to have *anything* to say about how the normal mode version works.

> > > >

> > > > >Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

> > > >

> > > > I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain *why* I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the *opportunity* to play well, but without *requiring* that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

> > > >

> > > I can respect this butcher, thanks for going into detail on your views.

> > >

> >

> > Did you quote the wrong person becouse you address butcher but quote Ohoni

>

> Oh probably, I’m working on an hour worth of sleep.

I'll take it. ;)

This isn't the first time ANet has deployed a steep learning curve that you need to learn before you even get to start at the beginning of the curve. Imagine my surprise when I entered a story mode dungeon years ago, thinking it was story mode, as in prior to a higher level of difficulty. Back then people could more easily read your achievement points, and if you had below x achievement points they would deny you entry. Many classes were also alienated from joining dungeon groups due to group-setup favoritism/elitism.

Personally, I'm used to Lineage 2 where there were no group search feature at all, and you had to find farm groups the old fashioned way by getting to know people. I realize that this is the way to go in GW2 as well, but the group search feature in GW2 will always suggest otherwise. They should either remove the group search feature, or integrate it properly. That's my two cents, anyway.