New players arriving and severe lag in WvW

Zefrost.3425

Most of the "players arriving" right now are arriving from Bless, as I understand it WvW large blob lagfights are still an upgrade.

(Seriously though, on the whole I'm not having any major issues. What server do you play on? What timezone?)

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> Most of the "players arriving" right now are arriving from Bless, as I understand it WvW large blob lagfights are still an upgrade.

> (Seriously though, on the whole I'm not having any major issues. What server do you play on? What timezone?)

>

> ~ Kovu

It might be T1. it's not as bad this week, but it was AWFUL last week. Every server in T1 had map queues during NA prime time, resulting with 3 way 60 man map blobs all in one area.

You literally cant use your abilities. You press the button and it doesnt go off for 10 seconds. It's AWFUL. And it's not just one part of the map. When these zergs collide, the ENTIRE MAP lags out.

It was super obvious when the third server was coming because your 1v1 with one server would suddenly get 2000 ms lag.

We had a 3-way in an enemy garri I cant remember the color of on reset (EU T1) and it was pretty awful, warping all over the place and skills not working on top of that. As usual scourges completely and utterly dominate zerging here because at least they get like 10 tries to dump their AoE. It's been bad before but this was very bad.

Kind of sad because they seem to have fixed the broken reset lag thats been going on the last couple of months (though not broken borders for some servers), my last two resets where flawless. One small step forward, one drunken sidestep into a ditch I guess. Oh well its just reset.

Its not just WvW, the entire game has been lagging terribly all day. I have been getting random lagspikes where my ping shoots up into the thousands. Tonight in wvw though everytime I got near an enemy zerg my game just totally froze up with pings from 3k-4.6k and this went on for minutes at a time.

> @"Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365" said:

> the classic "new players create lag", its always been laggy in large fights, no more now than before

There was already lag happening in last few weeks but it suddenly ramped up in intensity and frequency which also coincidentally or not happened at the same time. Whether related or not, that can be speculated but damn this lag is pretty bad.