Please stop with the jump puzzles. I genuinely do not enjoy any of them.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Selminus.1490" said:

> > Just left Tangled Depths. This is genuinely the first time in 20 years an MMO has turned me off with zone design. Getting HP for alts is an absolute nightmare in these places. Really, really not feeling these layouts.

> >

> > There's challenge and and innovation and then there's over engineering and these maps are without a doubt the latter.

>

> Actually, IF you have PoF and you have mounts it's really easy to get the HP's in HoT...however, even if you don't and you've done them on a main character they're still 100 times easier on alts...unless you forgot how to reach them.

>

> P.S. - Those maps are brilliantly designed...I know a lot of people had problems with TD, but I had no issues, but then again, I also haven't had problems with underwater combat...

So much this. I was dreading mapping Hot on my ele, but honestly with mounts its just 100x better and faster. the only painful part are the champion hero points.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> I'm not saying they aren't easy, and that there aren't ways around them, I'm just trying to give the other side some people might not see. There aren't always mesmers, and some people might have a tick, requiring them to finish dailies. I've known a few people I could never game with, because they had to harvest/open/complete everything.

So you absolutely have to do a jump puzzle for daily.. nah... you need 3 dailies out of the whole lists so no I absolutely disagree anyone has to do them to complete daily

I'm all for jumping puzzles being optional content. Unfortunately, they are NOT optional content. HoT really increased the importance of jumping puzzles in this game by requiring them in collections for much sought after items.

I am not for getting rid of Jumping puzzles. I am for getting rid of jumping puzzle requirements.

> @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> I'm all for jumping puzzles being optional content. Unfortunately, they are NOT optional content. HoT really increased the importance of jumping puzzles in this game by requiring them in collections for much sought after items.

>

> I am not for getting rid of Jumping puzzles. I am for getting rid of jumping puzzle requirements.

And having those items is mandatory? You cannot beat the story content or do events without them? That's like saying raids is not optional in this game.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > I'm all for jumping puzzles being optional content. Unfortunately, they are NOT optional content. HoT really increased the importance of jumping puzzles in this game by requiring them in collections for much sought after items.

> >

> > I am not for getting rid of Jumping puzzles. I am for getting rid of jumping puzzle requirements.

>

> And having those items is mandatory? You cannot beat the story content or do events without them?

I don't care if the items are mandatory or not. I don't want platformer creep in this game. I want jps to return to the optional content they were when the game first launched.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > > I'm all for jumping puzzles being optional content. Unfortunately, they are NOT optional content. HoT really increased the importance of jumping puzzles in this game by requiring them in collections for much sought after items.

> > >

> > > I am not for getting rid of Jumping puzzles. I am for getting rid of jumping puzzle requirements.

> >

> > And having those items is mandatory? You cannot beat the story content or do events without them?

>

> I don't care if the items are mandatory or not. I don't want platformer creep in this game. I want jps to return to the optional content they were when the game first launched.

>

And they still are optional. There are various rewards behind them but those rewards themselves are optional as well. Me unlocking a particular skin will have no bearing on me completing other content in the game.

> Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

>

Sure, but you can still ask for help with them. People in this game are friendly and willing to help. jfc i love jps but couldnt do the not so secret one, and asked my guild for help, had 4 people offer to do it so we decided to do a race out of it!

>

And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

> >

>

> Sure, but you can still ask for help with them. People in this game are friendly and willing to help. jfc i love jps but couldnt do the not so secret one, and asked my guild for help, had 4 people offer to do it so we decided to do a race out of it!

That is true but I like how the game dealt with jumping puzzles at launch. I never had to ask for help because I never felt the need to do them.

I kinda hate jumping puzzles (though I enjoy the rush I feel when I've actually completed one.) I do not want them removed, though.

I just want to point out that several of them are required for map completion, because vistas are at the end of them. The Dredge Scaffolding JP at Tribulation Ridge comes horrifically to mind.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> >

>

> And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

>

> The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

>

> There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than it ever was in the original game.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> I kinda hate jumping puzzles (though I enjoy the rush I feel when I've actually completed one.) I do not want them removed, though.

>

> I just want to point out that several of them are required for map completion, because vistas are at the end of them. The Dredge Scaffolding JP at Tribulation Ridge comes horrifically to mind.

the worst part is, thats not even the jumping puzzle...the puzzles /behind/ that thing.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > I kinda hate jumping puzzles (though I enjoy the rush I feel when I've actually completed one.) I do not want them removed, though.

> >

> > I just want to point out that several of them are required for map completion, because vistas are at the end of them. The Dredge Scaffolding JP at Tribulation Ridge comes horrifically to mind.

>

> the worst part is, thats not even the jumping puzzle...the puzzles /behind/ that thing.

It's also a jumping puzzle. Tribulation Rift Scaffolding is the JP that leads to the vista there; Tribulation Caverns is the icy JP that you enter once you reach the end of Tribulation Rift Scaffolding. Both have their own JP achievement and all that.

> > > Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

> > >

> >

> > And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

> >

> > The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

> >

> > There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

>

> What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than they ever were in the original game.

>

>

I too, want a Ferrari but I don't like to work harder, could the Ferrari CEO just make it so that I could just buy one by working only 2 hours a day?

If you want a reward, work for it.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > I kinda hate jumping puzzles (though I enjoy the rush I feel when I've actually completed one.) I do not want them removed, though.

> > >

> > > I just want to point out that several of them are required for map completion, because vistas are at the end of them. The Dredge Scaffolding JP at Tribulation Ridge comes horrifically to mind.

> >

> > the worst part is, thats not even the jumping puzzle...the puzzles /behind/ that thing.

>

> It's also a jumping puzzle. Tribulation Rift Scaffolding is the JP that leads to the vista there; Tribulation Caverns is the icy JP that you enter once you reach the end of Tribulation Rift Scaffolding. Both have their own JP achievement and all that.

Aw, i wasnt aware that it had an achievement tied to it. its been awhile since ive had to go to that JP in particular.

The logic of this thread can be summarised like this .

I want something thats in the game .

To get the something I want , I have to do something else that I dont want to do.

Therefore the something I dont want to do should be removed.

Which essentially means that everything thats needed to get anything that I want has to be enjoyable by me .

Wonder why this concept wont work?

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > > > Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

> > > >

> > >

> > > And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

> > >

> > > The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

> > >

> > > There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

> >

> > What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than they ever were in the original game.

> >

> >

>

> I too, want a Ferrari but I don't like to work harder, could the Ferrari CEO just make it so that I could just buy one by working only 2 hours a day?

This is not about working harder. This is about platforming becoming more and more prevalent in the game.

>

Of course they are optional.. you are not forced to do them because the collections have zero bearing on your ability to complete story, quests or anything - they are simply content fillers with a few rewards pushed in for those that like such things and put some effort in... but that does not make them REQUIRED it makes them OPTIONAL.

> > >

> >

> > And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

> >

> > **The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content** otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

> >

> > There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

>

> What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than it ever was in the original game.

>

>

That would be a reward gated by JP's. That reward is optional for the game as having that reward has no bearing on the rest of the game.

> > >

> >

> >

> > The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

> >

>

> What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than it ever was in the original game.

>

>

This is not GW1.. if you want that content, you can still play it. This is GW2 and things have moved on.. jump puzzles are little bits of content aside form the normal everyday stuff.. the fact they hold a prize that you want means you gotta put that bit of effort in if you choose to.. that is not forced on you it is provided as an option.

Do you have to play pvp? are you forced to take part in a pvp tourney? Is WvW required to play the game? must you complete the Obi Sanctum?.. must you craft? must you ecto gamble? must you make legendary weapons? --- all that content has rewards and achievements just like a jump puzzle does. But all have one thing in common - they are optional to the player, but if you choose the option then some effort on your part is required period!..

I want to craft some new legendary armour, but heck I don't want to put the effort into raiding for it.. can I have it for free plz ANET cos its not fair I have to go raiding!

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> >

>

> Of course they are optional.. you are not forced to do them because the collections have zero bearing on your ability to complete story, quests or anything - they are simply content fillers with a few rewards pushed in for those that like such things and put some effort in... but that does not make them REQUIRED it makes them OPTIONAL.

I don't care if I am forced to do the collections or not. The fact is if I want to do the collections I am REQUIRED to do jumping puzzles. There is no option to skip the jumping puzzles if I want to complete the collection. That is in no way OPTIONAL.

> > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > > > > Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

> > > >

> > > > The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

> > > >

> > > > There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

> > >

> > > What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than they ever were in the original game.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I too, want a Ferrari but I don't like to work harder, could the Ferrari CEO just make it so that I could just buy one by working only 2 hours a day?

>

> This is not about working harder. This is about platforming becoming more and more prevalent in the game.

"Working harder" was just an analogy. By the logic you're using on the other comments;

"I am REQUIRED to do a meta event to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx"

"I am REQUIRED to kill some mobs to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx"

"I am REQUIRED to play the game to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx"