No Downstate + Bonus Rewards Weeklong Event Coming 6/8

X T D.6458

+switches Scourge's grievers gear to trailblazer in preparation for an even _more_ pirate shippy meta+

Don't get too excited about your rangers, peeps. Those one-trick pony builds have awful defenses and go down if they're even looked at by a decent thief/mesmer/warrior. You won't have pet res to save you.

~ Kovu

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"coro.3176" said:

> Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

>

> Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

>

> Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

>

> Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

>

> Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

>

> **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

>

> Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

#CusGameDesign

D:

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > >

> > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > >

> > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> >

> > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

>

> Unblockables cannot be reflected my dude... You better have that healer ready to keep your eles alive during the unblockable Duration of the Soulbeast burst;

>

> All I know is that I'll be popping people with Death's Judgement all week long.

Not if the other DE's burst you down first! xD

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > >

> > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> >

> > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

>

> Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

>

> At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

>

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> >

> > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> >

> > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> >

> > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> >

> > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> >

> > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> >

> > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

>

> So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

>

> #CusGameDesign

>

> D:

One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > >

> > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > >

> > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> >

> > Unblockables cannot be reflected my dude... You better have that healer ready to keep your eles alive during the unblockable Duration of the Soulbeast burst;

> >

> > All I know is that I'll be popping people with Death's Judgement all week long.

>

> Not if the other DE's burst you down first! xD

It will be a race to see who find who first.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

> >

> > At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> >

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> > >

> > > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> > >

> > > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> > >

> > > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> > >

> > > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> > >

> > > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> > >

> > > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

> >

> > So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

> >

> > #CusGameDesign

> >

> > D:

>

> One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

>

To put it a bluntly. It's the precedent that concerns me. Idc about the gyro itself since most healing scrappers forget to make use of it anyway. It is a "minor trait" in the context of that class, yes. It still restricts that class regardless. Is it really hard to ask for a little bit of consistency in their changes? Thankfully it's temporary. Good laugh for a day, and play something else for the rest (or RP).

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

> >

> > At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> >

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> > >

> > > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> > >

> > > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> > >

> > > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> > >

> > > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> > >

> > > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> > >

> > > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

> >

> > So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

> >

> > #CusGameDesign

> >

> > D:

>

> One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

>

Not unplayable, It's just ..

Look. You know how Druid has Celestial Avatar... and how Holosmith has Photon Forge.. and Mirage has Mirage Cloak, and Reaper has Reaper Shroud and .. etc. etc.

Yeah. Scrapper has Function Gyro. It is 99% useless in PvE. Its only purpose is to provide value in PvP and WvW, and most of the time it can't even do that in WvW because it dies to aoe. Its only real purpose is helping res + stomp in small fights, and now it doesn't even do that.

It'd be cool if they buffed the trait a bit so it like .. I don't know did something, *ANYTHING* at all, while it's not out stomping/ressing. Like, even 1 stack of might every 10 seconds or something in combat would be cool.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

> > >

> > > At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> > >

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> > > >

> > > > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> > > >

> > > > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> > > >

> > > > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> > > >

> > > > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> > > >

> > > > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> > > >

> > > > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

> > >

> > > So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

> > >

> > > #CusGameDesign

> > >

> > > D:

> >

> > One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

> >

>

> Not unplayable, It's just ..

>

> Look. You know how Druid has Celestial Avatar... and how Holosmith has Photon Forge.. and Mirage has Mirage Cloak, and Reaper has Reaper Shroud and .. etc. etc.

>

> Yeah. Scrapper has Function Gyro. It is 99% useless in PvE. Its only purpose is to provide value in PvP and WvW, and most of the time it can't even do that in WvW because it dies to aoe. Its only real purpose is helping res + stomp in small fights, and now it doesn't even do that.

>

> It'd be cool if they buffed the trait a bit so it like .. I don't know did something, *ANYTHING* at all, while it's not out stomping/ressing. Like, even 1 stack of might every 10 seconds or something in combat would be cool.

Hoping we're not forgetting any and all related downed traits/items or anything dealing with reviving.

We did. Nvm. Onward!

Er. Right but that's not just a minor trait or rune or item. That's Scrapper's **class mechanic**. People forget that because it does so little already, but it's supposed to be an elite spec feature on the same level as like .. Photon Forge or Mirage Cloak or Full Counter.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> To put it a bluntly. It's the precedent that concerns me. Idc about the gyro itself since most healing scrappers forget to make use of it anyway. It is a "minor trait" in the context of that class, yes. It still restricts that class regardless. Is it really hard to ask for a little bit of consistency in their changes? Thankfully it's temporary. Good laugh for a day, and play something else for the rest (or RP).

To be honest necros would have a bigger gripe over this with their transfusion trait being more used these days, barely ever see scrappers in wvw anymore. It still doesn't restrict you from entirely playing the class which is what the dev's point was. Don't think this event should be a week in any case.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Such a horrible event. Loss of game depths and team play for no good reason.

>

> Just run ele and vapor form back to the Zerg.

>

> Oh wait....

> >!

Im pretty sure there wont be a single ele in WvW during this event lmao :lol: