No Downstate + Bonus Rewards Weeklong Event Coming 6/8

X T D.6458

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> do you know how many times ive fought outnumbered 1v2 or 1v3 and downed someone but just wasnt able to finish that downed? ppl can even rezz faster than i can cleave with full zerker gear or rezz faster than i can stomp, especially since i have no safestomp and ppl can just bomb me while i try to finish, not to mention some downstate classes are nuts

Perhaps, but ultimately what you are saying is that the fight is too hard with downed state so you want an easier fight by removing it.

I've had lots of these outnumbered fights where I could have won if they had just insta-downed. Countless. But that's the challenge. After all, what where you seeking going 1v3 to begin with? Casual gank?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only play Ele and I'm looking forward to this week long bonus. I will play glass and healer. So what if I die? lol Play smarter if you're going to be dps. Don't play useless condi that doesn't get any tags. Message me if you want builds or just review some of my older wvw videos from my sig (unedited footage).

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

> > > >

> > > > Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

> > >

> > > Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

> >

> > I love that your argument requires a pocket healer. Every day I down firebrands and eles from the wall in a single burst. I know how to pick targets, I know how to/and when to use my skills. Your argument is like me saying: right as you go to cast meteor shower, random player 3 appears and moas you, you eat my burst and die. BTW, that actually does happen regularly.

>

> I love how your argument requires you to hide in structures.

I'm a scout...it is WHAT I do. I am not playing for ranks, I am not playing for loot. I like defending, towers/camps/kill roamers that run by. Stop havocs from taking towers with less than 5 people. Tell /map if/when large enemies run by. I have specifically built a spec to have next to 0 defense, except signet of stone, more than 3400 power with buffs and the ability to kill everything (except warriors who are traited) that runs by in a single burst. Mostly, just those who aren't paying attention or expecting it, but that seems to be all the time. I jump out and kill as often as I jump out and die...cause I can always run back. The point is, I am in a turret spec, designed for stupid dps numbers to kill. I will proudly stand on my wall (or stairs if need be) and fight or report as needed. I may even put my title up.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

> > > >

> > > > Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

> > >

> > > Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

> >

> > I love that your argument requires a pocket healer. Every day I down firebrands and eles from the wall in a single burst. I know how to pick targets, I know how to/and when to use my skills. Your argument is like me saying: right as you go to cast meteor shower, random player 3 appears and moas you, you eat my burst and die. BTW, that actually does happen regularly.

>

> I love how your argument requires you to hide in structures.

I'm a scout...it is WHAT I do. I am not playing for ranks, I am not playing for loot. I like defending, towers/camps/kill roamers that run by. Stop havocs from taking towers with less than 5 people. Tell /map if/when large enemies run by. I have specifically built a spec to have next to 0 defense, except signet of stone, more than 3400 power with buffs and the ability to kill everything (except warriors who are traited) that runs by in a single burst. Mostly, just those who aren't paying attention or expecting it, but that seems to be all the time. I jump out and kill as often as I jump out and die...cause I can always run back. The point is, I am in a turret spec, designed for stupid dps numbers to kill. I will proudly stand on my wall (or stairs if need be) and fight or report as needed. I may even put my title up.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > > No downed state: best change ever! Please make this permanent.

> >

> > I suspect this is a test to look at making it permanent with alliances.

>

> Not likely: all the finishers that are only useful in PvP or WvW... No gen sales for those. And the ones on the trading post would become extremely de-valued.

I hardly browse the gemstore recently as they've gone full foo-foo in the art department.imo... But when did you last see a new cool finisher released?

Airships is the most recent I can recall and that was in HoT

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > > > No downed state: best change ever! Please make this permanent.

> > >

> > > I suspect this is a test to look at making it permanent with alliances.

> >

> > Not likely: all the finishers that are only useful in PvP or WvW... No gen sales for those. And the ones on the trading post would become extremely de-valued.

>

> I hardly browse the gemstore recently as they've gone full foo-foo in the art department.imo... But when did you last see a new cool finisher released?

>

> Airships is the most recent I can recall and that was in HoT

Unicorn, avatar of death.. but yeah..not many.

I am looking forward to the no downstate, I just don't think Anet will take away a core mechnic permanently that would also impact gem sales or TP sales.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > do you know how many times ive fought outnumbered 1v2 or 1v3 and downed someone but just wasnt able to finish that downed? ppl can even rezz faster than i can cleave with full zerker gear or rezz faster than i can stomp, especially since i have no safestomp and ppl can just bomb me while i try to finish, not to mention some downstate classes are nuts

>

> Perhaps, but ultimately what you are saying is that the fight is too hard with downed state so you want an easier fight by removing it.

>

> I've had lots of these outnumbered fights where I could have won if they had just insta-downed. Countless. But that's the challenge. After all, what where you seeking going 1v3 to begin with? Casual gank?

its not a challenge if it simply is too strong, when its a 2v1 and i down one 3 times and still cant finish him because of guard still rezzing way fastet than i can dps with a power build or even faster than i can stomp, being outnumbered already means being at a disadvantage, downstate just increases the advantahe for them, its a win more, because you have more already

are you trying to say that its my own fault for fighting 1v3 where i even had a chance because i produced downs already? also its not like i see 3 ppl and just inc them always, most of the time im already fighting 1 and then others add in, while i flip a camp or while i defend it, if i see a chance in winning or none in running away ill fight as best as i can

more numbers shouldnt be an extra advantage, its already hard enough and most of the time you dont have a chance anyways, they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

>

> Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

>

> And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> >

> > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> >

> > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

>

> no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

>

> outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

This is an amazing thing for when for being outnumbered on fights, down mechanic is such a forgiving mechanic that severely punishes you for not playing with higher numbers, it rewards quantity over quality.

Such a really bad mechanic for roamers and small groups that have to go against bigger groups that mindlessly zerk everything.

You can now actually experience the consequences of going full glass cannon.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > >

> > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > >

> > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> >

> > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> >

> > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

>

> So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

wow rly, just think about it, your argument is that retarded holy kitten, even if i went to go for a full stomp build as warrior or ANY other class i wouldnt be able to stomp in a situation like that or i wouldnt even be able to down someone, because i sacrificed everything for stomping

alone the fact that guards for example rezz faster than you can channek the stomp makes it ridiculous, and quickness isnt even working on stomp anymore

tell me your magical tools that let you reliably stomp someone while the others rezz faster or just punish you for standing on one position in a practical build

hurr durr so you are a noob who cant finish a downed in a 1v3

no, someone who goes down with 3 against 1 deserves to be dead and everyone who downs someone of those 3 deserves to be rewarded with the loot of that person, downstate just is a win more condition, doing nothing for the outnumbered player (just making him feel even worse when it gives the enemy time to BM him with emotes or throwing blueprints), making his time alot harder and gives the enemy even more of an edge and room for mistakes

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > > > > No downed state: best change ever! Please make this permanent.

> > > >

> > > > I suspect this is a test to look at making it permanent with alliances.

> > >

> > > Not likely: all the finishers that are only useful in PvP or WvW... No gen sales for those. And the ones on the trading post would become extremely de-valued.

> >

> > I hardly browse the gemstore recently as they've gone full foo-foo in the art department.imo... But when did you last see a new cool finisher released?

> >

> > Airships is the most recent I can recall and that was in HoT

>

> Unicorn, avatar of death.. but yeah..not many.

>

> I am looking forward to the no downstate, I just don't think Anet will take away a core mechnic permanently that would also impact gem sales or TP sales.

>

That's my point, they've essentially given up on stomp revenue already.

Been a long time since pve needed to finish someone. Aetherblades were.. 2014?

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > > > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > > > > > No downed state: best change ever! Please make this permanent.

> > > > >

> > > > > I suspect this is a test to look at making it permanent with alliances.

> > > >

> > > > Not likely: all the finishers that are only useful in PvP or WvW... No gen sales for those. And the ones on the trading post would become extremely de-valued.

> > >

> > > I hardly browse the gemstore recently as they've gone full foo-foo in the art department.imo... But when did you last see a new cool finisher released?

> > >

> > > Airships is the most recent I can recall and that was in HoT

> >

> > Unicorn, avatar of death.. but yeah..not many.

> >

> > I am looking forward to the no downstate, I just don't think Anet will take away a core mechnic permanently that would also impact gem sales or TP sales.

> >

>

> That's my point, they've essentially given up on stomp revenue already.

> Been a long time since pve needed to finish someone. Aetherblades were.. 2014?

Toxic things, yeah.

You may well be right. :smile:

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > >

> > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > >

> > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> >

> > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> >

> > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

>

> So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

He's saying he doesn't main an OP mes like you and thus can't stomp someone that teleports or mists away mid-stomp while also maintaining the dozens of other OP mes tools.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > > >

> > > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > > >

> > > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> > >

> > > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> > >

> > > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

> >

> > So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

>

> He's saying he doesn't main an OP mes like you and thus can't stomp someone that teleports or mists away mid-stomp while also maintaining the dozens of other OP mes tools.

Yeah he was saying he mains a war which isnt at all OP with zerker class damage and bunker class hp regen, especially not without downed state.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > > > >

> > > > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> > > >

> > > > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> > > >

> > > > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

> > >

> > > So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

> >

> > He's saying he doesn't main an OP mes like you and thus can't stomp someone that teleports or mists away mid-stomp while also maintaining the dozens of other OP mes tools.

> Yeah he was saying he mains a war which isnt at all OP with zerker class damage and bunker class hp regen, especially not without downed state.

I don't know why someone wouldn't just Hundred Blades the downed person instead of trying to stomp. It's one situation where that attack really shines.

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> > > > >

> > > > > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

> > > >

> > > > So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

> > >

> > > He's saying he doesn't main an OP mes like you and thus can't stomp someone that teleports or mists away mid-stomp while also maintaining the dozens of other OP mes tools.

> > Yeah he was saying he mains a war which isnt at all OP with zerker class damage and bunker class hp regen, especially not without downed state.

>

> I don't know why someone wouldn't just Hundred Blades the downed person instead of trying to stomp. It's one situation where that attack really shines.

I've watched FB's just stand in hundred blades and res the downed in under 2 seconds. Then just walk off like the player was never downed. I am looking forward to this next week. Not sure I want it permanently that way, but it ought to be interesting.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > > > >

> > > > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> > > >

> > > > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> > > >

> > > > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

> > >

> > > So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

> >

> > He's saying he doesn't main an OP mes like you and thus can't stomp someone that teleports or mists away mid-stomp while also maintaining the dozens of other OP mes tools.

> Yeah he was saying he mains a war which isnt at all OP with zerker class damage and bunker class hp regen, especially not without downed state.

you never played warri confirmed, regen wont do jackkitten when standing in one place getting smashed at while you try to dmg or stomp, 344 heal from.signet a second wooow, and hitting tier 3 adrenal health is easy vs noobs but if you dont hit those super telegraphed and easy avoidable burstskills you wont get any regen, no blinks and no stealths

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > they have to make rly bad plays to die in a 1v3

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which is exactly what I mean. Yes, its pretty bad players to die 1v3, relative to the skill of the attacker - or he brought a hot knife build to their butter builds. Downed state giving meh players hope to defeat a really good player thats otherwise completely unbeatable is not a bad thing. That causes fights.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yes, I am saying that failing to stomp in a 1v3 is your fault. You didnt pop interrupts at the right time, you didnt do a knockback correct, you didnt pop stability or you didnt pop invouln. We have the tools to stomp in the middle of 10 mans. It aint easy and there are just as many tools the enemy has to counter it, but it can be done. WvW skill isnt just about the simple damage calculation of "I did more damage than you therefor I am better than you". But that is what it'll become for smallscale fights without downstate. Easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > no, warri cant stomp in 10ppl, especially not if i had to use some of my defense or interrupts to kill them in the first place, which is kind of normal when being outnumbered, or if they blink or mist away or whatever, even with endure pain, balanced stance and berserker stance still up its not a safestomp, having all those up is very unlikely, you are probably a mes main, beihg able to get a real invuln and even blink to a target that portinv away mid stomp

> > > > >

> > > > > outnumbering the enemy should already be enough hope to fight a skilled enemy, if you go down in a 1v3 scenario you deserve to die completely

> > > >

> > > > So what you are saying is you brought the wrong tools and/or skills to stomp? And thats downed states fault?

> > >

> > > He's saying he doesn't main an OP mes like you and thus can't stomp someone that teleports or mists away mid-stomp while also maintaining the dozens of other OP mes tools.

> > Yeah he was saying he mains a war which isnt at all OP with zerker class damage and bunker class hp regen, especially not without downed state.

>

> I don't know why someone wouldn't just Hundred Blades the downed person instead of trying to stomp. It's one situation where that attack really shines.

lol you think nobody ever thought about that? guards heal more than they take from full zerker hundred blades, no sweat, and you do realize you cant move or dodge while in hundred blades and in that state even the "oh so op warri" is squishy as hell

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> you never played warri confirmed, regen wont do jackkitten when standing in one place getting smashed at while you try to dmg or stomp, 344 heal from.signet a second wooow, and hitting tier 3 adrenal health is easy vs noobs but if you dont hit those super telegraphed and easy avoidable burstskills you wont get any regen, no blinks and no stealths

I judge my warriors by whom I fight. When I can take 20-30% hp off a mesmer with an autoattack yet cant even break through the hp regen of a warrior with the same autoattack, they got pretty decent hp regen. And they usually have considerably higher damage than the one-trick mesmer.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> lol you think nobody ever thought about that? guards heal more than they take from full zerker hundred blades, no sweat, and you do realize you cant move or dodge while in hundred blades and in that state even the "oh so op warri" is squishy as hell

Both Hundred Blades and the spiking animation make you immobile. If you have to choose one of the two and there are people ressing, Hundred Blades will usually be better.

Neither will win against the revive speed and durability of a guard traited/geared to revive. Might as well go do something more productive with your time at that point. Like knit a sweater.