A suggestion for fixing tactivator troll pulling

Shiboito.4253

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > With the alliance system hitting i doubt we will see this happening, since if that person abuses it or does to greef local server with will be kciked from guild and alliance.

> >

> > Ahh, but don't you see? Worlds will still be able to be transferred to. And someone being kicked from an alliance or guild is a PERFECT recipe for trolls.

> >

> > Yep, it will cost gems, and yes, some of those worlds will be full, but being in the alliance won't necessarily matter.

>

> If that is how the new alliance system works ._. why i have the feeling it will create more issues than solve it????

>

> This is how i tough it would work....

> The thing is player A is a troll with a 2nd account that is greefing the other server wich is main server is fighting, guild leader of the troll account sees it, and kicks the player from the guild cause he was damaging the gamemore with greefing the tactics to the other server could push at will.

> When player A got kicked from the guild that is represented in the alliance it would exclude him from that match as well and that alliance.

The alliance system will still make it harder for trolls.

Right now, you can create a few alt accounts on servers that your main is likely to be fighting. Whichever one(s) your main hits that week, your alt account trolls do their thing. The matchups are predictable and guaranteed, and the servers are permanent so your alts are *always* there to do the trolling. And your alts will always be on different worlds so your odds of having one in the right matchup are higher.

With alliances, your alt accounts may all end up on worlds not fighting your main, you may end up with several on the same world, etc. The randomness and 8-week shifting will make it harder for anyone to be sure their troll accounts will have any use for a given week's fight, and may end up of minimal use for an entire 8-week session if they get clumped together.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> I like the suggestion of EWP being only available if the place is contested and outer wall is down.

'And' or 'Or'?

With towers an 'and' would be self defeating. Pop the waypoint and the enemy is on top of you.

Damage threshold is tough for towers because all it takes in contesting, or hitting the wall a little bit.

'Outer being down + contesting is a decent place for reps and the castle though.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > I like the suggestion of EWP being only available if the place is contested and outer wall is down.

>

> 'And' or 'Or'?

>

> With towers an 'and' would be self defeating. Pop the waypoint and the enemy is on top of you.

>

> Damage threshold is tough for towers because all it takes in contesting, or hitting the wall a little bit.

>

> 'Outer being down + contesting is a decent place for reps and the castle though.

>

>

>

For towers, I think anybody should be able to pull the ewp, since they aren't as valuable an objective. For keeps and the castle, however, outer being down and contested waypoint would be valid enough to pull. If a member of the guild is pulling, they should have permission to pull the ewp whenever they'd like.

Unfortunately for the castle, this means a troll pull could happen much easier.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > > @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > > I like the suggestion of EWP being only available if the place is contested and outer wall is down.

> >

> > 'And' or 'Or'?

> >

> > With towers an 'and' would be self defeating. Pop the waypoint and the enemy is on top of you.

> >

> > Damage threshold is tough for towers because all it takes in contesting, or hitting the wall a little bit.

> >

> > 'Outer being down + contesting is a decent place for reps and the castle though.

> >

> >

> >

> For towers, I think anybody should be able to pull the ewp, since they aren't as valuable an objective. For keeps and the castle, however, outer being down and contested waypoint would be valid enough to pull. If a member of the guild is pulling, they should have permission to pull the ewp whenever they'd like.

>

> Unfortunately for the castle, this means a troll pull could happen much easier.

>

Or in Mags case all the time. :open_mouth:

This could be a possible trial at least.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > With the alliance system hitting i doubt we will see this happening, since if that person abuses it or does to greef local server with will be kciked from guild and alliance.

> > >

> > > Ahh, but don't you see? Worlds will still be able to be transferred to. And someone being kicked from an alliance or guild is a PERFECT recipe for trolls.

> > >

> > > Yep, it will cost gems, and yes, some of those worlds will be full, but being in the alliance won't necessarily matter.

> >

> > If that is how the new alliance system works ._. why i have the feeling it will create more issues than solve it????

> >

> > This is how i tough it would work....

> > The thing is player A is a troll with a 2nd account that is greefing the other server wich is main server is fighting, guild leader of the troll account sees it, and kicks the player from the guild cause he was damaging the gamemore with greefing the tactics to the other server could push at will.

> > When player A got kicked from the guild that is represented in the alliance it would exclude him from that match as well and that alliance.

>

> The alliance system will still make it harder for trolls.

>

> Right now, you can create a few alt accounts on servers that your main is likely to be fighting. Whichever one(s) your main hits that week, your alt account trolls do their thing. The matchups are predictable and guaranteed, and the servers are permanent so your alts are *always* there to do the trolling. And your alts will always be on different worlds so your odds of having one in the right matchup are higher.

>

> With alliances, your alt accounts may all end up on worlds not fighting your main, you may end up with several on the same world, etc. The randomness and 8-week shifting will make it harder for anyone to be sure their troll accounts will have any use for a given week's fight, and may end up of minimal use for an entire 8-week session if they get clumped together.

>

>

yeah but i was thinking that when that player is spoted and kicked from the guild representing part of the alliance he would be dropped of the alliance match.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > > > I like the suggestion of EWP being only available if the place is contested and outer wall is down.

> > >

> > > 'And' or 'Or'?

> > >

> > > With towers an 'and' would be self defeating. Pop the waypoint and the enemy is on top of you.

> > >

> > > Damage threshold is tough for towers because all it takes in contesting, or hitting the wall a little bit.

> > >

> > > 'Outer being down + contesting is a decent place for reps and the castle though.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > For towers, I think anybody should be able to pull the ewp, since they aren't as valuable an objective. For keeps and the castle, however, outer being down and contested waypoint would be valid enough to pull. If a member of the guild is pulling, they should have permission to pull the ewp whenever they'd like.

> >

> > Unfortunately for the castle, this means a troll pull could happen much easier.

> >

>

> Or in Mags case all the time. :open_mouth:

>

> This could be a possible trial at least.

Gotta perform routine tests on the airship to make sure it still works.

Outer being down and waypoint contested pretty much makes SMC tacts pullable 99.9% of the time, so maybe outer down and some portion of inner damaged below 80%?

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > > @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> > > > > I like the suggestion of EWP being only available if the place is contested and outer wall is down.

> > > >

> > > > 'And' or 'Or'?

> > > >

> > > > With towers an 'and' would be self defeating. Pop the waypoint and the enemy is on top of you.

> > > >

> > > > Damage threshold is tough for towers because all it takes in contesting, or hitting the wall a little bit.

> > > >

> > > > 'Outer being down + contesting is a decent place for reps and the castle though.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > For towers, I think anybody should be able to pull the ewp, since they aren't as valuable an objective. For keeps and the castle, however, outer being down and contested waypoint would be valid enough to pull. If a member of the guild is pulling, they should have permission to pull the ewp whenever they'd like.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately for the castle, this means a troll pull could happen much easier.

> > >

> >

> > Or in Mags case all the time. :open_mouth:

> >

> > This could be a possible trial at least.

>

> Gotta perform routine tests on the airship to make sure it still works.

>

> Outer being down and waypoint contested pretty much makes SMC tacts pullable 99.9% of the time, so maybe outer down and some portion of inner damaged below 80%?

>

>

I think there is going to be an inherent problem with any fix, but yeah, inner gait being around 80 could work.

Of course, minus the trolls, everyone seems to wait until the enemy is sitting right on the EWP spawn point lol.

I agree that trolling tactivators should be prevented. And as some of you have stated, this should be done in a manner that still encourages wvw for players of all levels and ranks.

Currently, tactivators can be pulled whenever and by whoever, regardless of rank or level. This should not change. All players should be able to freely pull tactivators when desired, at their discretion, according to their battle strategy; one just needs to be tactful when pulling it, as intended by its purpose.

To prevent troll pulls without placing conditions on who and when tactivators can be pulled, as previously suggested, Anet can introduce a log history of players who have pulled tactivators. This will allow guilds to see who consistently pulls their tactivators for no reason other than to troll. Guilds will then have the option to set/block “x” from further pulling their tactivators. This is a reasonable option to resolving troll pulls.

I personally propose an option to have individuals on the map confirm the pull before it is actually executed.

For instance, “x” goes to pull a tactivator, like ewp; a public announcement will appear stating that “x” is wanting to pull ewp. If the attempt is warranted, then 5 individuals or so will need to confirm the pull before ewp actually activates; once activated, ewp will recharge like usual. The announcement will be up for a period of time i.e. 30 secs. Within 30 secs, 5 individuals will need to confirm the pull. If not, ewp does not activate and thus it will not recharge and can be pulled again. But to prevent the troll from pulling again; Anet will make it so that the same player cannot pull the same tactivator twice consecutively. The player will be on cool down before he/she can attempt to activate the same tactivator again.

This option prevents false or accidental tactivator pulls and does not limit the wvw experience to certain groups/individuals/conditions. It will also require squads to play more strategically and thus not pull ewp in panic. Numbers of individuals to confirm pulls and duration of attempts are debatable. This is just another idea to prevent tactivator trolls.

Though, I can still see trolls literally sitting and waiting in keeps all day until they can touch it again. But at least with this option, all players on the map will have the ability to see who is trying to activate the tactivators and actually confirm it before it activates.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> @"Shiboito.4253" said:

> Problem: I've noticed at least once a day someone goes around to all our keeps and towers and all the tactivators to put everything on cooldown. Obviously, this leaves these structures quite vulnerable and can be a major factor in losing T3 keeps.

>

> Suggestions for a solution, in order of my own preference:

>

> 1. Conditional pulls: You may only pull certain tactivators when certain conditions are met. These conditions could be static per tactic or configurable by the guild. Examples: You may only pull invulnerable walls after any one wall is under 50%. You may only pull chilling fog once an outer wall/gate has fallen. You may only pull EWP when an outer wall/gate has fallen. Conditions are lifted if there is an enemy combatant inside of the walls (lurking mesmer porting dudes in)

Those are interesting.

What if the owning guild could SET a set of conditions under which the tactivators could be pulled? A list of options for each one, perhaps?

What if there were some conditions under which the tactivator automatically should activate? For example, invulnerable walls might automatically activate if an inner wall or gate is at 50% (levels could be set by the owning guild). and, if this was the case, perhaps the EWP would activate if invulnerable walls was activated. It would be nice if a server-wide announcement were made on screen that those things happened to one of their keeps or to the castle.

Just automate them. These conditions, that happens.

When do you want chilling fog pulled? Inner wall/gate at 30%? Set the levels when the guild claims the fortification. Let the guild decide what those levels are and have them in a profile somewhere that only certain people in the guild can edit. The game would access those when the guild claims the place, and trigger the tactivators when those conditions are met. Perhaps they'd have to buy "tactivator automation" as a WvW tactic to do this.

If the tactivators can be automated, the trolls pulling them inappropriately would end. Mind you, some guilds are going to get the conditions wrong. That's okay; they'll learn. Having some common-sense default values in the conditions at start would be a good idea, of course.