What's up with this Mudstalker fellow?

So I ran a pug bounty group in the desolation tonight, we cleared every single boss including the legendaries with about 20 people. We easily had to dps to kill every single boss quickly and painlessly except..... mudstalker.... We failed 3 times on this thing, couldn't get it under 78% health. The first time, nobody knew the fight sure, and the 2nd and third times we got unlucky ass random modifiers like the forced melee/ranged circle. But either way, after the breakbar spawned at 80% health, we got it down quickly and it immediately came up again at 79%, another heal phase. One time the heal phase came up 5 times in a row and the beast went back to 92% health. We just couldn't CC and then DPS fast enough with the circles and on the 3rd attempt the stop/go modifier to stop the healing phase.

Is this normal? Is this a glitch? What's up with this guy? Why is a champ bounty WAY harder than all 3 legendaries combined? It seems damn near impossible for a pug to kill it.

Same happened to me two days ago, we blamed it on a lack of CC, but it was pretty much as you said. That phase keeps getting spammed and it's impossible to attack against it. Maybe it's something that doesn't happen all the time, or we're really bad at this game

The Muckstalker is OP. It goes into heal mode every 20% health, and you need to both CC it really fast as well as DPS it really fast. By the time it comes out of the stun, it has to be below the 80%/60%/40%/20% mark, or it will go right back to being invulnerable and healing. And by "really fast" I mean you'll need a chronobuffer for every 5 players to maintain permanent quickness and alacrity, and everyone else in full glass cannon gear.

The legendaries are actually some of the easiest bounties.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> The Muckstalker is OP. It goes into heal mode every 20% health, and you need to both CC it really fast as well as DPS it really fast. By the time it comes out of the stun, it has to be below the 80%/60%/40%/20% mark, or it will go right back to being invulnerable and healing. And by "really fast" I mean you'll need a chronobuffer for every 5 players to maintain permanent quickness and alacrity, and everyone else in full glass cannon gear.

Sounds the CC is more of a misdirection and it is in fact a DPS check rather than a CC reliant thing.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The legendaries are actually some of the easiest bounties.

>

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > The Muckstalker is OP. It goes into heal mode every 20% health, and you need to both CC it really fast as well as DPS it really fast. By the time it comes out of the stun, it has to be below the 80%/60%/40%/20% mark, or it will go right back to being invulnerable and healing. And by "really fast" I mean you'll need a chronobuffer for every 5 players to maintain permanent quickness and alacrity, and everyone else in full glass cannon gear.

>

> Sounds the CC is more of a misdirection and it is in fact a DPS check rather than a CC reliant thing.

Nope, it's not a DPS check, it's CC reliant...I'm part of a bounty(and more now) guild and we usually do this, but with 50 people, if we have less and get certain combinations of Leyline abilities we will skip this bounty as it's just futile to attempt it on some occasions, having said that, we're more successful that not, having only failed it on less than half a dozen times over the last 5 - 6 months.