Squirrel Outfit

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

>

> This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

you have never played final fantasy have you.....

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

> >

> > This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

>

> you have never played final fantasy have you.....

Actually, yes. It's a part of why I'm here in GW2. ;)

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

> >

> > This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

>

> you have never played final fantasy have you.....

ff has always been anime. gw2 isn't stop trying to make it.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

> > >

> > > This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

> >

> > you have never played final fantasy have you.....

>

> ff has always been anime. gw2 isn't stop trying to make it.

ff isn't anime, it's called asian, stop putting everything in one box and put a sticker on it.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

> > >

> > > This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

> >

> > you have never played final fantasy have you.....

>

> ff has always been anime. gw2 isn't stop trying to make it.

Wings, Cat-ears, all the shiny stuff etc, honestly most animes looks pretty bland compared to gw2 these days.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

> > > >

> > > > This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

> > >

> > > you have never played final fantasy have you.....

> >

> > ff has always been anime. gw2 isn't stop trying to make it.

>

> ff isn't anime, it's called asian, stop putting everything in one box and put a sticker on it.

if you ignore the cute mascot character, cat-ppl, the shape/size of their eyes, physics defying hair, over all character design, oversized weapons

do i need to go on because i can.

ff as a franchise has always had roots in anime just like most JRPGs. they might have toned it down in ff14 but it's still very much anime-ish

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

> > > > >

> > > > > This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

> > > >

> > > > you have never played final fantasy have you.....

> > >

> > > ff has always been anime. gw2 isn't stop trying to make it.

> >

> > ff isn't anime, it's called asian, stop putting everything in one box and put a sticker on it.

>

> if you ignore the cute mascot character, cat-ppl, the shape/size of their eyes, physics defying hair, over all character design, oversized weapons

> do i need to go on because i can.

>

> ff as a franchise has always had roots in anime just like most JRPGs. they might have toned it down in ff14 but it's still very much anime-ish

You do realize all of those tropes have roots in Disney and WB cartoons, right? FF1-5 didn't have a distinctly "anime" aesthetic; it was just cartoonish pixel art with a bright color pallet. The whole "its anime" thing didn't really become a thing until 6- and that only became a major distinction due to the additional artwork in the game. If you started on 7, I'd agree with you. If you want to really make an argument about JRPGs and Anime roots, that would go to (at the very least) Dragon Quest and Akira Toriyama. Come to think of it.... FF leaned more toward western art styles and D&D influences in its earlier games.

Its also doubly ironic that most later FF games are distinctly japanese looking, but the styles they're trying to mimic are distinctly Western in origin.

FF is 3d animation made in japan. Therefore it qualifies as anime.

HOWEVER: there are LOTS of things that are also anime, and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with small mouth+enormous eyes , catgirls and huge weapons without apparent weight. On the other hand, there are many western works that do include said elements...

A few examples of anime, just to illustrate how vast, vague and imprecise such word is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evSBBeb2T0k

And then you have things like Aggretsuko which DO include tails, huge eyes, small mouths, animal girls and (sort of) huge weapons without apparent weight... but it still is not what people want their narrow and absurd definition of "anime" to actually be: