Please increase the cooldowns on warrior's defensive abilities (WvW)

Zefrost.3425

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> They should nerf a bit the defense branch or balance the traits, not the stances themselves, and up Tactics or oher to improve build diversity and support frontline.

> I mean in full berserker+durability runes (the common stuff) you get 175+330 armor, 2 or 3 perma stack of Adrenal Health (with SB and discipline) 2 passives stances/Breakstun that grant vigor, 5s stab, 15s swiftness, and on option shield master or dogged march. Only strong traits.

> The common build SB-Discipline-Defense, stances GS/_XX_shield offers way too many complementarities to stay alive easily and make some pretties good hits.

> I don't know how you can complain about the frontline, you can cross a zerg (twice) wihout taking any dmg or cc ; hit 5people 8-10k with FC or F1 GS, #3 and #4 GS, stun/focus some leather or tissue and repack with 90% life and +600/s regen. I even play dagger offhand rather than shield.

firstly, i promise you wont run twice through a 50+zerg in a row and alone, wont rly happen

also, the hell are you running in a zerg that isnt hammer/gs or hammer/sword+warhorn?

all other choices are inefficient af for zergfights

> @"revox.8273" said:

> yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"revox.8273" said:

> > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

>

>

>

> I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> >

> >

> >

> > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

>

> Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

I'm far from an expert warrior but it used to be run for the cleanse on skill 4 and higher dodge uptime with vigor on skill 5. Guardians and stances were used for damage negation since most necros take unblockable staff, anyways.

If I had to wager a guess, it's also a relic of the resistance -> immob corruption change. WH4 would let you get a cleanse out on you and all nearby allies if you got corrupt-bombed mid-push.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> >

> > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

>

> I'm far from an expert warrior but it used to be run for the cleanse on skill 4 and higher dodge uptime with vigor on skill 5. Guardians and stances were used for damage negation since most necros take unblockable staff, anyways.

>

> If I had to wager a guess, it's also a relic of the resistance -> immob corruption change. WH4 would let you get a cleanse out on you and all nearby allies if you got corrupt-bombed mid-push.

Yea but if you're going to do it you'd be best off taking the warhorn trait line too so you can cleanse more conditions, and I see them with the brave stride buff so that means they've got the strength line and they're spellbreakers on top of that and Tactics/Strength/Spellbreaker setup doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> >

> >

> >

> > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

>

> Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > >

> > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> >

> > I'm far from an expert warrior but it used to be run for the cleanse on skill 4 and higher dodge uptime with vigor on skill 5. Guardians and stances were used for damage negation since most necros take unblockable staff, anyways.

> >

> > If I had to wager a guess, it's also a relic of the resistance -> immob corruption change. WH4 would let you get a cleanse out on you and all nearby allies if you got corrupt-bombed mid-push.

>

> Yea but if you're going to do it you'd be best off taking the warhorn trait line too so you can cleanse more conditions, and I see them with the brave stride buff so that means they've got the strength line and they're spellbreakers on top of that and Tactics/Strength/Spellbreaker setup doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Yeah I really can't explain much beyond the initial thought process. I know it used to be run to remove immob years ago during hammertrain, but that's a completely different game at this point. I'll generally agree that Hammer+GS or even Rifle/GS is a better blob choice.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> >

> > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

>

> warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > >

> > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> >

> > warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> > running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

>

> Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

the decrease was so long ago...doesnt make it bad tho, whats worse is that it used to turn condis into boons, now it only cleanses

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > > >

> > > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> > >

> > > warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> > > running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

> >

> > Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

>

> the decrease was so long ago...doesnt make it bad tho, whats worse is that it used to turn condis into boons, now it only cleanses

Yea the boon conversion loss was bad too, and for dumb reasons (if I remember it was because Anet felt that condi conversion to boon was more of a guardian thing). But you also used to be able to affect 2x as many players with charge removing immob, cripple, chill, and adding swiftness, helping to keep everyone in a tighter group.

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> > > >

> > > > warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> > > > running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

> > >

> > > Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

> >

> > the decrease was so long ago...doesnt make it bad tho, whats worse is that it used to turn condis into boons, now it only cleanses

>

> Yea the boon conversion loss was bad too, and for dumb reasons (if I remember it was because Anet felt that condi conversion to boon was more of a guardian thing). But you also used to be able to affect 2x as many players with charge removing immob, cripple, chill, and adding swiftness, helping to keep everyone in a tighter group.

i know but with the "everything only hits 5 things" policy i can life with that, not the worst thing that could happen, not a thing that makes it not viable

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> > > > >

> > > > > warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> > > > > running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

> > > >

> > > > Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

> > >

> > > the decrease was so long ago...doesnt make it bad tho, whats worse is that it used to turn condis into boons, now it only cleanses

> >

> > Yea the boon conversion loss was bad too, and for dumb reasons (if I remember it was because Anet felt that condi conversion to boon was more of a guardian thing). But you also used to be able to affect 2x as many players with charge removing immob, cripple, chill, and adding swiftness, helping to keep everyone in a tighter group.

>

> i know but with the "everything only hits 5 things" policy i can life with that, not the worst thing that could happen, not a thing that makes it not viable

No, because at that point other professions could do our job better.

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > > > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> > > > > > running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

> > > >

> > > > the decrease was so long ago...doesnt make it bad tho, whats worse is that it used to turn condis into boons, now it only cleanses

> > >

> > > Yea the boon conversion loss was bad too, and for dumb reasons (if I remember it was because Anet felt that condi conversion to boon was more of a guardian thing). But you also used to be able to affect 2x as many players with charge removing immob, cripple, chill, and adding swiftness, helping to keep everyone in a tighter group.

> >

> > i know but with the "everything only hits 5 things" policy i can life with that, not the worst thing that could happen, not a thing that makes it not viable

>

> No, because at that point other professions could do our job better.

i still play it in publics and have alot of fun with it, so idgaf rly

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"revox.8273" said:

> > > > > > > > > > yeah, u can cross the enemy zerg, dish out 2-3 fc gs f1, yeah, u do 8-10k but with what results? none, lemme tell you, just because the enemy zerg is 50% scourge thats backed by 50% firebrands, in the end you do nothing, and after you burned all your stances the only option is to run far away to avoid certain death.

> > > > > > > > > > in the end, by increases stances cooldown back to 60s u just make warrior useless in large scare fights, we need another solution

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't understand, if you have scourges and FBs in your group why should you spend all your stances at once, why should you run, how could you die ? (Why the hell use a Warhorn ?????????)

> > > > > > > > > You have hammer, you have GS, or d/d d/shield, you have Breaks Enchantment, Winds of Disenchantements ... Stop tagging people in hazard and panicking on your utility skills, learn to play and fast focus.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yea, I don't get the warhorn build either, I know allot that I see with warhorn also take the strength trait line too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > warhorn with tactics instead of discipline, + shouts and soldier rune

> > > > > > > running strength instead of tactics would be completely useless

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes I know the worker build... But what I'm saying is that I've been seeing people running at least strength+spellbreaker and warhorn. Which makes me assume tactics, because otherwise warhorn is even more useless than it already is. It's been useless since they nerfed the target cap from 10 down to 5, I also notice that it never was noted in the history of charge that they decreased the target cap, yet it's in the 6/23/15 update notes.

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23

> > > > >

> > > > > the decrease was so long ago...doesnt make it bad tho, whats worse is that it used to turn condis into boons, now it only cleanses

> > > >

> > > > Yea the boon conversion loss was bad too, and for dumb reasons (if I remember it was because Anet felt that condi conversion to boon was more of a guardian thing). But you also used to be able to affect 2x as many players with charge removing immob, cripple, chill, and adding swiftness, helping to keep everyone in a tighter group.

> > >

> > > i know but with the "everything only hits 5 things" policy i can life with that, not the worst thing that could happen, not a thing that makes it not viable

> >

> > No, because at that point other professions could do our job better.

>

> i still play it in publics and have alot of fun with it, so idgaf rly

Hey if that's what you play and enjoy, I say more power to you.