> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Still you have to accept such answers in a forum and it clearly shows his opinion without any doubt. Dunno, it's not very hard to see/understand that - one do not have to read between lines here.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Maybe I am stupid but I still don’t know how he’d feel if the changes were to happen.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I prefer the current implementation where things arent tradeable. I prefer achievements and rewards to clearly show players accomplishments rather than half a measure of how much gold they have acquired throughout their playtime or how much of a trader they are.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Except since you can buy boosting for every achievement, there is no sense of pride or accomplishment in raid, or basically anything in GW2.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > First of all, you cannot dictate what other people feel, if you feel theres none, I can understand that, but thats your perspective on the matter.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Second, Just because a select set of people choose to buy their way in, where they have to be physically present each time btw, doesn't mean there's no sense of pride or accomplishment, let alone that any sense of gamedesign should be disregarded in favour of that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Game design is flawed because it allows for low-manning and therefore makes possible to boost accounts. So what you feel doesn't matter because there is no difference between your hard earned title and the boosted one. When devs design the game so that boosting is not allowed and instance selling stops being allowed, we can start the discussion about accomplishments in GW2. Until then, all the titles, achievements or unique skins are empty.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which is still just your opinion. Of course it doesn't matter to you what I feel when you form your opinion. What you feel on the subject matters just as much.

> > > > >

> > > > > I presented you objective reason why these achievements are worthless. If ArenaNet sold this, everyone would call it pay to win. Since they only allow player to sell instance progression, it's camouflaged, but still exists. I know it hurts your feelings in some way, but it doesn't matter what you think, what I think or what other Joe thinks. Objectively, these achievements have no value.

> > > >

> > > > Flawed reasoning based on a personal subjective position on this topic.

> > > >

> > > > First off, as mentioned you don't get to decide how or what people feel. I bet many new players feel great once they get their first character to 80. Is it special? No, hundred thousands have done so before that yet this will not diminish this personal achievement.

> > > >

> > > > Getting your first kill on a raid boss which you have been trying to kill for days will feel great to anyone who enjoys the game mode. Have thousands of others killed the raid boss before? Sure. Does it devalue this persons emotions or prevent them from feeling joyful about achieving this? No.

> > > >

> > > > I'll bet with you that a lot of people would be very happy getting their first Dhuum kill, and not only to complete the collection but mastering the actual fight. Yet thousands have completed the fight.

> > > >

> > > > > pride

> > > > > prʌɪd/

> > > > > noun

> > > > > noun: pride; plural noun: prides

> > > > >

> > > > > 1.

> > > > > a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction **derived from one's own achievements** , the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

> > > >

> > > > Pride does not require to be derived from something no one else has accomplished, though that is a possibility. It can be derived from achieving something one has set out to do.

> > > >

> > > > You keep mentioning raid selling yet dodge the fact or question that this by far and large is a rare occurrence. Streamlining the LI availability would be far beyond the expensive exchange and complexity which raid selling currently is.

> > >

> > > I'm not denying anyone feelings. However, feelings are absolutely irrelevant.

> >

> > We're all human beings, you know? Not some fancy machines. Feelings and subjectivity matter a lot, even though the "objective view" says otherwise.

>

> World moves on no matter how you feel. Or me.

By that argument, my misanthropic alter ego may as well suggest, that we kill of humankind alltogether since humankind is its own and the planets biggest plague. Would be objective, wouldn't it? World would move on nonetheless.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Still you have to accept such answers in a forum and it clearly shows his opinion without any doubt. Dunno, it's not very hard to see/understand that - one do not have to read between lines here.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Maybe I am stupid but I still don’t know how he’d feel if the changes were to happen.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I prefer the current implementation where things arent tradeable. I prefer achievements and rewards to clearly show players accomplishments rather than half a measure of how much gold they have acquired throughout their playtime or how much of a trader they are.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except since you can buy boosting for every achievement, there is no sense of pride or accomplishment in raid, or basically anything in GW2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > First of all, you cannot dictate what other people feel, if you feel theres none, I can understand that, but thats your perspective on the matter.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Second, Just because a select set of people choose to buy their way in, where they have to be physically present each time btw, doesn't mean there's no sense of pride or accomplishment, let alone that any sense of gamedesign should be disregarded in favour of that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Game design is flawed because it allows for low-manning and therefore makes possible to boost accounts. So what you feel doesn't matter because there is no difference between your hard earned title and the boosted one. When devs design the game so that boosting is not allowed and instance selling stops being allowed, we can start the discussion about accomplishments in GW2. Until then, all the titles, achievements or unique skins are empty.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which is still just your opinion. Of course it doesn't matter to you what I feel when you form your opinion. What you feel on the subject matters just as much.

> > > >

> > > > I presented you objective reason why these achievements are worthless. If ArenaNet sold this, everyone would call it pay to win. Since they only allow player to sell instance progression, it's camouflaged, but still exists. I know it hurts your feelings in some way, but it doesn't matter what you think, what I think or what other Joe thinks. Objectively, these achievements have no value.

> > >

> > > Flawed reasoning based on a personal subjective position on this topic.

> > >

> > > First off, as mentioned you don't get to decide how or what people feel. I bet many new players feel great once they get their first character to 80. Is it special? No, hundred thousands have done so before that yet this will not diminish this personal achievement.

> > >

> > > Getting your first kill on a raid boss which you have been trying to kill for days will feel great to anyone who enjoys the game mode. Have thousands of others killed the raid boss before? Sure. Does it devalue this persons emotions or prevent them from feeling joyful about achieving this? No.

> > >

> > > I'll bet with you that a lot of people would be very happy getting their first Dhuum kill, and not only to complete the collection but mastering the actual fight. Yet thousands have completed the fight.

> > >

> > > > pride

> > > > prʌɪd/

> > > > noun

> > > > noun: pride; plural noun: prides

> > > >

> > > > 1.

> > > > a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction **derived from one's own achievements** , the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

> > >

> > > Pride does not require to be derived from something no one else has accomplished, though that is a possibility. It can be derived from achieving something one has set out to do.

> > >

> > > You keep mentioning raid selling yet dodge the fact or question that this by far and large is a rare occurrence. Streamlining the LI availability would be far beyond the expensive exchange and complexity which raid selling currently is.

> >

> > I fully agree with what you said here. Notice however, that, exactly as someone else buying Voice in the void title (for example) doesn't diminish your _personal achievement_ of getting it by yourself, the same would also be equally true with purchasable LIs.

>

> Except when you see someone with VotD you never know if it was legit or boosted.

I assume you're talking about VitV here. And you're right - on first glance you can never know if it was legit or bought. However, playing for a few mins with the player in question usually answers this question. Oddly enough, most people who buy achievements are actually pretty bad. I think the vast majority of the raiders who care about those achievements would rather earn them for themselves. And it is understandable - it's the most satisfactory experience the game has to offer. Why would they want to spoil it themselves?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Still you have to accept such answers in a forum and it clearly shows his opinion without any doubt. Dunno, it's not very hard to see/understand that - one do not have to read between lines here.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Maybe I am stupid but I still don’t know how he’d feel if the changes were to happen.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I prefer the current implementation where things arent tradeable. I prefer achievements and rewards to clearly show players accomplishments rather than half a measure of how much gold they have acquired throughout their playtime or how much of a trader they are.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except since you can buy boosting for every achievement, there is no sense of pride or accomplishment in raid, or basically anything in GW2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > First of all, you cannot dictate what other people feel, if you feel theres none, I can understand that, but thats your perspective on the matter.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Second, Just because a select set of people choose to buy their way in, where they have to be physically present each time btw, doesn't mean there's no sense of pride or accomplishment, let alone that any sense of gamedesign should be disregarded in favour of that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Game design is flawed because it allows for low-manning and therefore makes possible to boost accounts. So what you feel doesn't matter because there is no difference between your hard earned title and the boosted one. When devs design the game so that boosting is not allowed and instance selling stops being allowed, we can start the discussion about accomplishments in GW2. Until then, all the titles, achievements or unique skins are empty.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which is still just your opinion. Of course it doesn't matter to you what I feel when you form your opinion. What you feel on the subject matters just as much.

> > > >

> > > > I presented you objective reason why these achievements are worthless. If ArenaNet sold this, everyone would call it pay to win. Since they only allow player to sell instance progression, it's camouflaged, but still exists. I know it hurts your feelings in some way, but it doesn't matter what you think, what I think or what other Joe thinks. Objectively, these achievements have no value.

> > >

> > > Flawed reasoning based on a personal subjective position on this topic.

> > >

> > > First off, as mentioned you don't get to decide how or what people feel. I bet many new players feel great once they get their first character to 80. Is it special? No, hundred thousands have done so before that yet this will not diminish this personal achievement.

> > >

> > > Getting your first kill on a raid boss which you have been trying to kill for days will feel great to anyone who enjoys the game mode. Have thousands of others killed the raid boss before? Sure. Does it devalue this persons emotions or prevent them from feeling joyful about achieving this? No.

> > >

> > > I'll bet with you that a lot of people would be very happy getting their first Dhuum kill, and not only to complete the collection but mastering the actual fight. Yet thousands have completed the fight.

> > >

> > > > pride

> > > > prʌɪd/

> > > > noun

> > > > noun: pride; plural noun: prides

> > > >

> > > > 1.

> > > > a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction **derived from one's own achievements** , the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

> > >

> > > Pride does not require to be derived from something no one else has accomplished, though that is a possibility. It can be derived from achieving something one has set out to do.

> > >

> > > You keep mentioning raid selling yet dodge the fact or question that this by far and large is a rare occurrence. Streamlining the LI availability would be far beyond the expensive exchange and complexity which raid selling currently is.

> >

> > I fully agree with what you said here. Notice however, that, exactly as someone else buying Voice in the void title (for example) doesn't diminish your _personal achievement_ of getting it by yourself, the same would also be equally true with purchasable LIs.

>

> Except when you see someone with VotD you never know if it was legit or boosted.

and? Does it matter? It might to you, it certainly doesn't to me. If you want to draw satisfaction from what others and how other see you be my guest, that's usually a very lonely and unsatisfactory road.

I doubt most players operate on the basis "I need this so others will like/respect me". My guess is most people just play content and hopefully derive enjoyment from progressing or experiencing said content with personal milestones.

I will not deny that I could be wrong though.

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> I am curious. What purpose would this serve? I mean, other than making the 'I hate raids but I demand my armor' crowd happy?

>

> Wasn't the entire point of all of these account bound currencies and collections introduced with HoT to actually make you play most of the game rather than just the most recent farm, the TP or even better your credit card?

> Why not just remove any account currencies or achievements then? I mean, some people do not like raids but others do not like Open World Metas, Fractals, WvW, PvP, legendary collections or any other given content.

> Why then? Simple, they want you to try different content you wouldn't touch otherwise, or at least not touch more than once or twice. People come for the armor but many stay for the raids and the people they meet.

There's discussion about currency topic in this thread between maddoc and me that you may find interesting.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> By that argument, my misanthropic alter ego may as well suggest, that we kill of humankind alltogether since humankind is its own and the planets biggest plague. Would be objective, wouldn't it? World would move on nonetheless.

That's not a future proof solution. The real solution is destroying the sun, no life can exist without it after all.

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> I am curious. What purpose would this serve? I mean, other than making the 'I hate raids but I demand my armor' crowd happy?

Notice that this was proposed by a person that's raiding so much they don't know what to do with LIs anymore, not by the non-raiding people. So, you may want to direct your not so kind (and not so accurate) remarks elsewhere.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > I fully agree with what you said here. Notice however, that, exactly as someone else buying Voice in the void title (for example) doesn't diminish your _personal achievement_ of getting it by yourself, the same would also be equally true with purchasable LIs.

> >

> > Except when you see someone with VotD you never know if it was legit or boosted.

>

> I assume you're talking about VitV here. And you're right - on first glance you can never know if it was legit or bought. However, playing for a few mins with the player in question usually answers this question. Oddly enough, most people who buy achievements are actually pretty bad. I think the vast majority of the raiders who care about those achievements would rather earn them for themselves. And it is understandable - it's the most satisfactory experience the game has to offer. Why would they want to spoil it themselves?

Yes, exactly as i said. Ability of others to buy their way to the goal in no way spoils the feeling of personal achievement in those that got there the normal way.

So, in the end it doesn't matter if the other person got the title the hard way, bought it, or "got boosted". What matters is how _you_ got it.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > By that argument, my misanthropic alter ego may as well suggest, that we kill of humankind alltogether since humankind is its own and the planets biggest plague. Would be objective, wouldn't it? World would move on nonetheless.

>

> That's not a future proof solution. The real solution is destroying the sun, no life can exist without it after all.

>

You can't do that. That would also kill off all lovable animals like dogs and cats. My misanthropic alter ego couldn't bear that. Animals are just too awesome. (mosquitos can f*** off though.)

Let's just agree that humankind is a very illogical and subjective species, thus personal feelings matter a lot, shall we?

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > Dont make them tradable. Raiding is not that hard.

> >

> > Could you elaborate your answer a bit? I don't understand how easiness of raids connects to tradeability of LI.

>

> No I can't elaborate. Sorry.

Fair enough. I hope you come up with an answer at some point and post it here then.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > I am curious. What purpose would this serve? I mean, other than making the 'I hate raids but I demand my armor' crowd happy?

> Notice that this was proposed by a person that's raiding so much they don't know what to do with LIs anymore, not by the non-raiding people. So, you may want to direct your not so kind (and not so accurate) remarks elsewhere.

>

Never made any assumptions on the OP's level of experience or on his reasons behind this suggestions. Simply commented on the suggestion itself. You do not have to be part of a specific group to have your suggestions mostly benefit said group. I could have added 'and to allow those with too much LI to turn them into a quick buck', I suppose.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Still you have to accept such answers in a forum and it clearly shows his opinion without any doubt. Dunno, it's not very hard to see/understand that - one do not have to read between lines here.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Maybe I am stupid but I still don’t know how he’d feel if the changes were to happen.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I prefer the current implementation where things arent tradeable. I prefer achievements and rewards to clearly show players accomplishments rather than half a measure of how much gold they have acquired throughout their playtime or how much of a trader they are.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Except since you can buy boosting for every achievement, there is no sense of pride or accomplishment in raid, or basically anything in GW2.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > First of all, you cannot dictate what other people feel, if you feel theres none, I can understand that, but thats your perspective on the matter.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Second, Just because a select set of people choose to buy their way in, where they have to be physically present each time btw, doesn't mean there's no sense of pride or accomplishment, let alone that any sense of gamedesign should be disregarded in favour of that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Game design is flawed because it allows for low-manning and therefore makes possible to boost accounts. So what you feel doesn't matter because there is no difference between your hard earned title and the boosted one. When devs design the game so that boosting is not allowed and instance selling stops being allowed, we can start the discussion about accomplishments in GW2. Until then, all the titles, achievements or unique skins are empty.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which is still just your opinion. Of course it doesn't matter to you what I feel when you form your opinion. What you feel on the subject matters just as much.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I presented you objective reason why these achievements are worthless. If ArenaNet sold this, everyone would call it pay to win. Since they only allow player to sell instance progression, it's camouflaged, but still exists. I know it hurts your feelings in some way, but it doesn't matter what you think, what I think or what other Joe thinks. Objectively, these achievements have no value.

> > > > >

> > > > > Flawed reasoning based on a personal subjective position on this topic.

> > > > >

> > > > > First off, as mentioned you don't get to decide how or what people feel. I bet many new players feel great once they get their first character to 80. Is it special? No, hundred thousands have done so before that yet this will not diminish this personal achievement.

> > > > >

> > > > > Getting your first kill on a raid boss which you have been trying to kill for days will feel great to anyone who enjoys the game mode. Have thousands of others killed the raid boss before? Sure. Does it devalue this persons emotions or prevent them from feeling joyful about achieving this? No.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll bet with you that a lot of people would be very happy getting their first Dhuum kill, and not only to complete the collection but mastering the actual fight. Yet thousands have completed the fight.

> > > > >

> > > > > > pride

> > > > > > prʌɪd/

> > > > > > noun

> > > > > > noun: pride; plural noun: prides

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1.

> > > > > > a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction **derived from one's own achievements** , the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pride does not require to be derived from something no one else has accomplished, though that is a possibility. It can be derived from achieving something one has set out to do.

> > > > >

> > > > > You keep mentioning raid selling yet dodge the fact or question that this by far and large is a rare occurrence. Streamlining the LI availability would be far beyond the expensive exchange and complexity which raid selling currently is.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not denying anyone feelings. However, feelings are absolutely irrelevant.

> > >

> > > We're all human beings, you know? Not some fancy machines. Feelings and subjectivity matter a lot, even though the "objective view" says otherwise.

> >

> > World moves on no matter how you feel. Or me.

>

> By that argument, my misanthropic alter ego may as well suggest, that we kill of humankind alltogether since humankind is its own and the planets biggest plague. Would be objective, wouldn't it? World would move on nonetheless.

I'm not a murderer.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > I am curious. What purpose would this serve? I mean, other than making the 'I hate raids but I demand my armor' crowd happy?

>

> Skipping timegate. Same thing we can do with ascended materials.

Considering that there are Provisioner Tokens and Druid Stones, this hardly seems like the timegate to 'fix' first.

All though, it is a good point still. Allow us to buy additional LI with relics or remove the weekly cap on boss kills and thus LI if this is strictly about the timegate in question. Additional account bound sinks could be added to deal with useless stacks of LI. Wouldn't complain as I own those myself.

Basically, what I want to see is anything aimed at the actual raiders and not those hating raids.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Still you have to accept such answers in a forum and it clearly shows his opinion without any doubt. Dunno, it's not very hard to see/understand that - one do not have to read between lines here.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Maybe I am stupid but I still don’t know how he’d feel if the changes were to happen.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I prefer the current implementation where things arent tradeable. I prefer achievements and rewards to clearly show players accomplishments rather than half a measure of how much gold they have acquired throughout their playtime or how much of a trader they are.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Except since you can buy boosting for every achievement, there is no sense of pride or accomplishment in raid, or basically anything in GW2.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > First of all, you cannot dictate what other people feel, if you feel theres none, I can understand that, but thats your perspective on the matter.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Second, Just because a select set of people choose to buy their way in, where they have to be physically present each time btw, doesn't mean there's no sense of pride or accomplishment, let alone that any sense of gamedesign should be disregarded in favour of that.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Game design is flawed because it allows for low-manning and therefore makes possible to boost accounts. So what you feel doesn't matter because there is no difference between your hard earned title and the boosted one. When devs design the game so that boosting is not allowed and instance selling stops being allowed, we can start the discussion about accomplishments in GW2. Until then, all the titles, achievements or unique skins are empty.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Which is still just your opinion. Of course it doesn't matter to you what I feel when you form your opinion. What you feel on the subject matters just as much.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I presented you objective reason why these achievements are worthless. If ArenaNet sold this, everyone would call it pay to win. Since they only allow player to sell instance progression, it's camouflaged, but still exists. I know it hurts your feelings in some way, but it doesn't matter what you think, what I think or what other Joe thinks. Objectively, these achievements have no value.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Flawed reasoning based on a personal subjective position on this topic.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First off, as mentioned you don't get to decide how or what people feel. I bet many new players feel great once they get their first character to 80. Is it special? No, hundred thousands have done so before that yet this will not diminish this personal achievement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Getting your first kill on a raid boss which you have been trying to kill for days will feel great to anyone who enjoys the game mode. Have thousands of others killed the raid boss before? Sure. Does it devalue this persons emotions or prevent them from feeling joyful about achieving this? No.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll bet with you that a lot of people would be very happy getting their first Dhuum kill, and not only to complete the collection but mastering the actual fight. Yet thousands have completed the fight.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > pride

> > > > > > > prʌɪd/

> > > > > > > noun

> > > > > > > noun: pride; plural noun: prides

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 1.

> > > > > > > a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction **derived from one's own achievements** , the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pride does not require to be derived from something no one else has accomplished, though that is a possibility. It can be derived from achieving something one has set out to do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You keep mentioning raid selling yet dodge the fact or question that this by far and large is a rare occurrence. Streamlining the LI availability would be far beyond the expensive exchange and complexity which raid selling currently is.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not denying anyone feelings. However, feelings are absolutely irrelevant.

> > > >

> > > > We're all human beings, you know? Not some fancy machines. Feelings and subjectivity matter a lot, even though the "objective view" says otherwise.

> > >

> > > World moves on no matter how you feel. Or me.

> >

> > By that argument, my misanthropic alter ego may as well suggest, that we kill of humankind alltogether since humankind is its own and the planets biggest plague. Would be objective, wouldn't it? World would move on nonetheless.

>

> I'm not a murderer.

How very subjective.

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > I am curious. What purpose would this serve? I mean, other than making the 'I hate raids but I demand my armor' crowd happy?

> >

> > Skipping timegate. Same thing we can do with ascended materials.

>

> Considering that there are Provisioner Tokens and Druid Stones, this hardly seems like the timegate to 'fix' first.

> All though, it is a good point still. Allow us to buy additional LI with relics or remove the weekly cap on boss kills and thus LI if this is strictly about the timegate in question. Additional account bound sinks could be added to deal with useless stacks of LI. Wouldn't complain as I own those myself.

> Basically, what I want to see is anything aimed at the actual raiders and not those hating raids.

That's a much more sensible idea if they ever wanted us to "skip the time gate" of LI

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > > I am curious. What purpose would this serve? I mean, other than making the 'I hate raids but I demand my armor' crowd happy?

> > >

> > > Skipping timegate. Same thing we can do with ascended materials.

> >

> > Considering that there are Provisioner Tokens and Druid Stones, this hardly seems like the timegate to 'fix' first.

> > All though, it is a good point still. Allow us to buy additional LI with relics or remove the weekly cap on boss kills and thus LI if this is strictly about the timegate in question. Additional account bound sinks could be added to deal with useless stacks of LI. Wouldn't complain as I own those myself.

> > Basically, what I want to see is anything aimed at the actual raiders and not those hating raids.

>

> That's a much more sensible idea if they ever wanted us to "skip the time gate" of LI

I have to agree that's actually nice middleground.

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> So I can buy those LI and crafting my 1st Legendary armor without touching the "RAID" thingy. Yes PLEASE

Wouldent help you would still have to kill all bosses atleast once and problabely afew times to get the trick w4 thingys like dont miss any green on cairn etc.

When LIs would be tradeable, you could make the legendary armor in 25 days (as you need to get the provisioner tokens).

If Anet would do this, people would ask to get the wvw and pvp armor as fast, or even faster as it doesn’t have a unique skin.

Additionally to the wvw and pvp complaints we would also have people complaining that Anet devalued their armor in which many have put a lot of work, time and gold.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > > I already sell LI, just limited to 17 per week.

> >

> > Through raid selling?

> You could sell much more than 17 LI weekly that way. Unless it was 17 LI weekly _per person_.

>

Considering he's in US, pretty much the most famous raidselling guild...