Either tone down achievement rewards or raise the amount of achievements we can get

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

>

> It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

It does end there, it's not infinite 60,000 it's the last reward and the last entry, this is fact. There is ZERO reason to believe they will add anything else either, especially when there'll be so few people even close to 60,000 when the first people get there.

If they do decide to make it infinite for the handful of people there (and I doubt they will bother) then you can be sure that it'll be nothing unique. It'll be a basic chest every 500 points with the same stuff you get now, there will be no titles, skins or account bonuses.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

> >

> > It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

>

> It does end there, it's not infinite 60,000 it's the last reward and the last entry, this is fact. There is ZERO reason to believe they will add anything else either, especially when there'll be so few people even close to 60,000 when the first people get there.

>

> If they do decide to make it infinite for the handful of people there (and I doubt they will bother) then you can be sure that it'll be nothing unique. It'll be a basic chest every 500 points with the same stuff you get now, there will be no titles, skins or account bonuses.

Since there is no evidence that it ends there, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

> > >

> > > It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

> >

> > It does end there, it's not infinite 60,000 it's the last reward and the last entry, this is fact. There is ZERO reason to believe they will add anything else either, especially when there'll be so few people even close to 60,000 when the first people get there.

> >

> > If they do decide to make it infinite for the handful of people there (and I doubt they will bother) then you can be sure that it'll be nothing unique. It'll be a basic chest every 500 points with the same stuff you get now, there will be no titles, skins or account bonuses.

>

> Since there is no evidence that it ends there, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Since they add around 3.5k AP with every expansion and counting that gw2 lifespan will last for at most 2 more expansions we have:

current top 1 player (AP)+

+remaining PoF's AP (to be delivered with remaining LS4 chapters)+

+exp 3's related AP+

+exp 4's related AP=

=37.5k+2k+3.5k+3.5k=46.5k....not even close to 60k unless they give us much more AP with future expansions.

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Since they add around 3.5k AP with every expansion and counting that gw2 lifespan will last for at most 2 more expansions we have:

>

> 2 more expansions? You know something we don't?

It's just a guess nothing more, gw1 had 4 exps so I thought this could be the same.

However even if gw2 will have more than 2 remaining exps it would need 6 more expansions after PoF (which is very unlikely to me) to reach 60k (and that counts just for top leaderboard players, not for majority of plebs).

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

> >

> > It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

>

> It does end there, it's not infinite 60,000 it's the last reward and the last entry, this is fact. There is ZERO reason to believe they will add anything else either

actually, there are reasons to believe such - reasons called - precedence.

you see, when the feature was added if memory serves the highest reward included was 15k. later increased to 25k, later increased to... you see the pattern. every time playerbase as a whole was reaching nearby the "cap" AN has raised it - you think why you need to get both radiant and hellfire armors to get any backpack? by mere looking at the progression "track" of the whole thing you can see where the "cap" points used to be in the past.

PS. you get 10 AP per daily set, which means 1500 days to reach the cap which means over 4 years of getting dailiy EVERY.SINGLE.DAY to even reach that cap - so pulling new players into this is kinda silly in the first place

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

> > >

> > > It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

> >

> > It does end there, it's not infinite 60,000 it's the last reward and the last entry, this is fact. There is ZERO reason to believe they will add anything else either

>

> actually, there are reasons to believe such - reasons called - precedence.

>

> you see, when the feature was added if memory serves the highest reward included was 15k. later increased to 25k, later increased to... you see the pattern. every time playerbase as a whole was reaching nearby the "cap" AN has raised it - you think why you need to get both radiant and hellfire armors to get any backpack? by mere looking at the progression "track" of the whole thing you can see where the "cap" points used to be in the past.

>

> PS. you get 10 AP per daily set, which means 1500 days to reach the cap which means over 4 years of getting dailiy EVERY.SINGLE.DAY to even reach that cap - so pulling new players into this is kinda silly in the first place

There are ways to get more than 10ap per day though. During festivals, the festival dailies also give/gave another 1ap per daily. I'm not sure if thats still the case, but it was definetly in the past.

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > >

> >

> > It does end there, it's not infinite 60,000 it's the last reward and the last entry, this is fact. There is ZERO reason to believe they will add anything else either

>

> actually, there are reasons to believe such - reasons called - precedence.

>

> you see, when the feature was added if memory serves the highest reward included was 15k. later increased to 25k, later increased to... you see the pattern. every time playerbase as a whole was reaching nearby the "cap" AN has raised it - you think why you need to get both radiant and hellfire armors to get any backpack? by mere looking at the progression "track" of the whole thing you can see where the "cap" points used to be in the past.

Well, it was 24,500 to begin with then increased to 36,000 when they finished the armour sets then increased to 60,000 to allow people to get both armour sets. I don't think it was because people were close to the max but rather because they were finishing the system. By 60,000 you have finished your radiant and hellfire sets and both sets of weapon skins and there are no skin rewards for the last few thousand APs and gaps in the reward pattern where armour skins would be rewarded if the radiant and hellfire sets weren't complete.

My feeling is they're done now, that they've completed the rewards and the reward track but maybe you're right, I can't imagine that they'll be adding any more unique rewards if they do extend it further. But they might, of course, once people start getting close, in about 5 years.

> PS. you get 10 AP per daily set, which means 1500 days to reach the cap which means over 4 years of getting dailiy EVERY.SINGLE.DAY to even reach that cap - so pulling new players into this is kinda silly in the first place

Oh, I wasn't the one who brought new players into this, ArenaNet were when they introduced the Daily cap, I completely agree that new players aren't affected by this but by the time they become vets they will be. :smile:

My point was purely about the achievement leaderboard being a bad idea because it lead to APs being removed due to complaints from those high up on the leaderboard and we're, in part at least, the justification for introducing the Daily cap.

ArenaNet has never commented on the Daily AP Cap. All reasons touted around for the Daily AP cap are from players' suppositions that, with time, have now become 'fact'.

Much like the total 'AP Cap'. The information in the Wiki is from data-mining, and because it's listed in the Wiki, it has become 'fact'.

There's no 'official' cap; there's only information gleaned that changes as the years go by.

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > The Achievement Rewards Track ends at 60,000 AP either way and it's a heck of a lot easier for new players (and veterans) to get close to that if they're not capped at 15,000 daily points.

>

> It doesn't end at 60k AP there is ZERO reason to believe that they won't add anything else after 60k when someone reaches that point. It's an infinite track

But realistically we will never reach 60k AP before the game goes into maintenance mode. I had almost 30k AP (just a few points short) before HoT got released and now it 2 years 7 month later (2 expansions) and I am still nowhere close to the first backpack.

Will take even longer now since Anet is not giving yearly AP from festivals anymore and the update cadency also slowed down.

This seems to be inventing a problem that doesn't exist. ANet can add new sources of AP at any time. They can raise the AP cap at any time. It is only insurmountable right now. But that can change at any time.

The only reason I can think of to bring this up as an issue, is that someone feels the need to check off "hit AP cap" from their bucket list. I can appreciate that as a completionist mentality, but having an unreachable but non-static ending point allows ANet to buy time to add content to that particular facet of the game. Besides, you always need something to occupy players who play a grotesque number of hours. You never want to put an expiration date on your player base.

Based on what Anet has said, there isn't going to be a GW3. There is nothing wrong with them setting the AP max to something like 60k, and gating skins behind it. They want people to continue to play the game. Not just today, but 5 years from now too. There is NO reason for them to lower the cap so people can claim "first" on being done with skin unlocks so they can move on to another game.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> Based on what Anet has said, there isn't going to be a GW3. There is nothing wrong with them setting the AP max to something like 60k, and gating skins behind it. They want people to continue to play the game. Not just today, but 5 years from now too. There is NO reason for them to lower the cap so people can claim "first" on being done with skin unlocks so they can move on to another game.

It would be silly to think that Anet will never make a new game (doesnt matter if it is named GW3 or something else). Do you expect them to close down their company when GW2 is no longer making worthwhile profit? If would only be wise of them to start developing something before GW2 is not profitable anymore since making an AAA game from scratch will take 5+ years.