Legendary WvW Armor

Tyson.5160

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> > > >

> > > > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

> > >

> > > I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> > > >

> > > > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

> > >

> > > But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

> >

> > Raid armor was always faster to achieve assuming you could clear all bosses every week. Wvw tickets are based on participation/pips which you get more on outnumbered maps so you can just afk your way through getting those. That certainly can't compare to raid gameplay, nothing in wvw can actually since pip gain has nothing to do with your performance.

>

> I've got a full set of legendary light armor and am halfway through heavy and believe me you don't generally afk to get it.

>

>

You could if you really wanted, but you're going to have to run around a lot every 5 to 10 minutes so yeah

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> > > >

> > > > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

> > >

> > > I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> > > >

> > > > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

> > >

> > > But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

> >

> > Raid armor was always faster to achieve assuming you could clear all bosses every week. Wvw tickets are based on participation/pips which you get more on outnumbered maps so you can just afk your way through getting those. That certainly can't compare to raid gameplay, nothing in wvw can actually since pip gain has nothing to do with your performance.

>

> I've got a full set of legendary light armor and am halfway through heavy and believe me you don't generally afk to get it.

>

>

I don't think anyone means TRULY afk but it can be semi-afk'd. I'm in the same boat. Have 1 full set of lege nd 4/6 pieces of another and I'd say it's pretty 50/50 for me. Half the time I was actively playing and half the time I was just grabbing sentries or camps while watching netflix or dueling. A lot more of my first set was lazily keeping my partic up by standing in spawn until my partic started to decay and running to stop it.

Basically the effort you have to put it can be very little compared to smth like PvE armor

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> >

> > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

>

> I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

You can't get legendary wings in raids. No tomes of knowledge, not a single mystic clover. WvW lets you get dungeon armor _and_ currency. Instead of farming LW3 maps, you can get all your trinkets through the rewards tracks.

We don't really have it all that bad. I don't hold any malice over lack of access to one set of skins. If raid players like sublime armor, they have to wvw like the rest of us.