Legendary WvW Armor

Tyson.5160

The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

Honestly, it would have been stupid to only have the Legendary Armor in Raids, as there are tons of people who only WvW.

Pvp is also going to be getting a FX upgrade to the Glorious Hero set, which consists of a brand new set for ranked and a new set for tournaments and that hasn’t been shown, so I can’t comment.

I still think the other pieces of the Mistforged could use some flair. I’m quite happy with the effects of the chest piece

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> and why should RAID players get nicer looking stuff?

Because there is (technically) nothing restricting you from doing raids and the developers want to add rewards unique to each major aspect of the game so that the player base is encouraged to dabble in more than one element of the game. As a predominately wvw player it does irk me a little, but I can understand it from a development standpoint.

My irritation on the matter is geared more towards the elitism associated with raids' closed-circle mentality of the playerbase rather than requiring the gamemode itself for the flashy equipment.

For example, I don't pvp a lot but don't consider myself gated out of pvp legendaries as I do casually pvp on occasion. Sure, I'll get it slower than the next guy but I will get it. Its no different than someone who only completes silver in wvw each week. As someone who frequently completes diamond I'll get the nifty wvw stuff faster than them, but they'll eventually get it too.

Raids are different in that I _do_ explicitly feel excluded from the gamemode and its community as a whole because I don't have a dedicated raid guild and can't put aside a specific time to play every week to run as part of a coordinated group. Which is a damn shame, I am interested in the content.

tl;dr you think the wvw community is cancer? try the raids community.

~ Kovu

edit- Oh, and Hesacon is right about the compromise bit. As wvw players we should be happy we have access to the mechanical benefits of legendary gear. Heavens know we _need_ it more than the pve/pvp'ers.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> Also do you think the Mistforged Triumphant armor should get a visual upgrade, other then the chest piece?

The dye channels need an upgrade, you cannot remove the blue colouring from the armor, luckily for me I have a blue themed character, but I just facepalm when I see people with pink/green/purple whatever aura tentacles and a blue chest, just looks wrong.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

>

> > Also do you think the Mistforged Triumphant armor should get a visual upgrade, other then the chest piece?

>

> The dye channels need an upgrade, you cannot remove the blue colouring from the armor, luckily for me I have a blue themed character, but I just facepalm when I see people with pink/green/purple whatever aura tentacles and a blue chest, just looks wrong.

>

Yeah because it has that pulsating blue aura right?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > I thought it would be neat too if you could colour that aura. I also thought that while in combat, it could give off that white energy as well similar to the Mistforged Weapons.

>

> And if they did that, pvers would complain like theres no tomorrow

This calls for a stealth update. They can't complain if they never see it!

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > I thought it would be neat too if you could colour that aura. I also thought that while in combat, it could give off that white energy as well similar to the Mistforged Weapons.

>

> And if they did that, pvers would complain like theres no tomorrow

Why because of the armor effect upgrade? Let them complain I guess.

Edit: I mean if they are angry about that, I think it’s time for some self reflection.

> @"Straegen.9534" said:

> Has this ever made any sense? Play the hell out of WvW and have the option to get more expensive legendary armor. Am I missing something?

I always thought that it would be nice is if you upgraded the Triumphant Hero Armor you would automatically get the Mistforged Triumphant Armor, since you are using a lot of tickets to upgrade it.

> @"Straegen.9534" said:

> Has this ever made any sense? Play the hell out of WvW and have the option to get more expensive legendary armor. Am I missing something?

You have to keep in mind that playing long enough to get 2k rank means you will most likely have a ton of tickets that you don't really have to use on anything. I made my legendary armor set over the course of this year and in terms of rank I got maybe 300 levels. It's to give people something to work towards, because besides that rank is really damn useless

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > Has this ever made any sense? Play the hell out of WvW and have the option to get more expensive legendary armor. Am I missing something?

>

> You have to keep in mind that playing long enough to get 2k rank means you will most likely have a ton of tickets that you don't really have to use on anything. I made my legendary armor set over the course of this year and in terms of rank I got maybe 300 levels. It's to give people something to work towards, because besides that rank is really kitten useless

*rank after around 1300* is useless.

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

>

> Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

>

> 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> >

> > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

>

> I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

>

>

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> >

> > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

>

> But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

I’m not sure, especially if all you do while playing Gw2 is WvW.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> >

> > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

>

> I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

>

>

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> >

> > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

>

> But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

Raid armor was always faster to achieve assuming you could clear all bosses every week. Wvw tickets are based on participation/pips which you get more on outnumbered maps so you can just afk your way through getting those. That certainly can't compare to raid gameplay, nothing in wvw can actually since pip gain has nothing to do with your performance.

Armor transformation takes a lot of time and resources so Anet decided not to bother with such at all anymore. Also, before raid armor was even released, there was no intentions to have legy armor outside of raids so be happy that it exists.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> > >

> > > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

> >

> > I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

> >

> >

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> > >

> > > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

> >

> > But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

>

> Raid armor was always faster to achieve assuming you could clear all bosses every week. Wvw tickets are based on participation/pips which you get more on outnumbered maps so you can just afk your way through getting those. That certainly can't compare to raid gameplay, nothing in wvw can actually since pip gain has nothing to do with your performance.

>

> Armor transformation takes a lot of time and resources so Anet decided not to bother with such at all anymore. Also, before raid armor was even released, there was no intentions to have legy armor outside of raids so be happy that it exists.

I wouldnt want a horrible skin like the pve legendary raid skins are, for wvw. 2k wvw skin is much better looking. Wvwers should just be happy they get to have legendary armor. You can just buy raid pve armor (so much for "prestige"), or join a raid pve train guild and do raids from there if you absolutely must have raid pve skins. It really is not as hard as people make it sound

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> > > >

> > > > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

> > >

> > > I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> > > >

> > > > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

> > >

> > > But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

> >

> > Raid armor was always faster to achieve assuming you could clear all bosses every week. Wvw tickets are based on participation/pips which you get more on outnumbered maps so you can just afk your way through getting those. That certainly can't compare to raid gameplay, nothing in wvw can actually since pip gain has nothing to do with your performance.

> >

> > Armor transformation takes a lot of time and resources so Anet decided not to bother with such at all anymore. Also, before raid armor was even released, there was no intentions to have legy armor outside of raids so be happy that it exists.

>

> I wouldnt want a horrible skin like the pve legendary raid skins are, for wvw. 2k wvw skin is much better looking. Wvwers should just be happy they get to have legendary armor. You can just buy raid pve armor (so much for "prestige"), or join a raid pve train guild and do raids from there if you absolutely must have raid pve skins. It really is not as hard as people make it sound

What irks me the most about Envoy is that I have a Rev I want pitch black armor, not like grey Armor masquerading as black. That and the skins are fugly.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > The lack of new visual effects (and reusing skins currently in use) was part of the compromise Anet devs made among themselves. Without this compromise, we would have not gotten legendary armor because it would have devalued raid armor too much. As it stands raid armor is flashy, but wvw armor is the functional equivalent.

> > >

> > > Sublime armor is intended to be a tier of armor. Triumphant hero is T2. Spvp and the 5 cultural armor sets have the same convention, with 3 tiers each.

> >

> > I don't understand why WvW armor should not be considered exactly the same as raid legendary armor? With the increase in raid wings it probably takes longer to get all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor than the raid armor, and the effort is no different really.

> >

> >

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Straegen.9534" said:

> > > > Does the high level WvW armor still have a significantly higher ticket cost than the one with no level requirement?

> > >

> > > 7880 tickets for T2, 10500 tickets for T3.

> >

> > But T2 costs significantly more in gold unless you want to farm for mats like crazy.

>

> Raid armor was always faster to achieve assuming you could clear all bosses every week. Wvw tickets are based on participation/pips which you get more on outnumbered maps so you can just afk your way through getting those. That certainly can't compare to raid gameplay, nothing in wvw can actually since pip gain has nothing to do with your performance.

I've got a full set of legendary light armor and am halfway through heavy and believe me you don't generally afk to get it.